John E. Mattos
Kim Austin Mbadinga
Q: I was a member of the football team for two years but never lettered. Am I eligible to be a member of RAAA?
A: Yes. Our bylaws state that the RAAA shall be open to any individual who participated in varsity intercollegiate athletics while a student at Colorado State University and who has no intercollegiate athletic eligibility remaining.
Q: What is so special about being a member of RAAA? Do I get anything?
A: Like most non-profit organizations many of the benefits are intrinsic. Being a dues paying member is an inexpensive and easy way to help make a difference in the lives of the current student-athletes (see the list of projects). You are a part of a small and select group of individuals who have participated at a high level of intercollegiate athletics. The fraternal feeling that goes with being part of a team is carried on by involvement in RAAA. You do receive a gift each year you renew your membership plus during home football games you have access to our lounge at Hughes Stadium. We are exploring other tangible benefits which we will post as they become available.
Q: I see the RAAA name associated with CSU's athletic department's special events. How does this partnership work?
A: To insure proper "institutional control" as required by the NCAA, the policies, procedures, and activities of the RAAA are subject to approval by the Director of Athletics or his/her designated representative. This policy, in effect, makes the RAAA a partner with the Department of Athletics in any event which we sponsor or otherwise help with funding, such as the Hall of Fame banquet and the student-athlete Career Fair. We share, with the athletic department, the goal of strengthening CSU athletics.
Q: How do I get in contact with "Jane Doe"? We were teammates and I want to see what she is doing.
A: Go to the directory link on our website to find the most up-to-date information we have on members who pay their dues. This is one of the benefits of maintaining a membership in the RAAA. You can find your friends and teammates and they can find you.
Q: Can the RAAA help me get tickets to CSU athletic events?
A: No. We are not in the ticket business. All ticket requests go through the CSU ticket office (970-491-7267). For those wanting to get more information regarding priority seating for season tickets, contact the Ram Club at 970-491-4666 or visit www.CSURAMS.com.
Q: Our 2000 Liberty Bowl championship team would like to have a reunion. What should we do?
A: Contact the CSU Athletic Department at 970-491-5067. They coordinate all Legends reunion events.
Q: Are my membership dues tax deductible?
A: Yes. The dues are funneled through the CSU Foundation and earmarked for RAAA use. The dues are 100% tax deductible.
Q: What if I join RAAA in the middle of the membership year? Does my membership extend for a full 12 months?A: Memberships extend from January 1 to December 31, the calender year of when your dues are paid. It behooves you to join or renew your membership early to take advantage of a full year of membership benefits.
The Ram Alumni Athletes Association, in partnership with the CSU athletic department, co-sponsors the following projects:
- Hall of Fame: Select alumni-athletes to be inducted into CSU's Sports Hall of Fame. Host the Hall of Fame banquet and induction ceremonies. This is the Association's signature event.
- Career Night: Host an annual career night for current student-athletes. The goals of career night are: (1) provide a forum for alumni athletes to discuss with student-athletes the do's and don'ts of preparing for and transitioning to professional life outside of athletics and CSU, and (2) provide an opportunity for student-athletes to mingle and meet with potential future employers.
- Graduating Seniors Luncheon: Host an annual luncheon for all graduating student-athletes and their families. The goal is to honor those who took the opportunity available to them to participate in intercollegiate athletics and also to earn a degree from CSU.
- Scholar Athlete Luncheon: Host an annual luncheon to honor all student-athletes who carry a 3.0 or better GPA. Families are also invited.
- Alumni Athletes Association Lounge: Upgrade and maintain the RAAA lounge at Hughes Stadium. The lounge is open to all Association members during pregame and halftime at CSU home football games.
- Etiquette Dinner: Sponsor a series of seats for student-athletes at the annual University-wide etiquette dinner. The goal of this project is to teach students the importance of and procedures for proper etiquette and dress when invited to an interview and/or a meal by a prospective employer.
- "Ram Legend" reunion events: Invite alumni-athletes to be a part of and participate in the events surrounding reunions of athletic department sports. Help sponsor such events.
Ram Alumni Athletes Association:
101 McGraw Athletic Center
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Duan Ruff:Vice President
Secretary and Past President
*Feel free to contact the above RAAA Board members regarding any aspect of the Association's activities. We are volunteers so we will respond to your inquiry as soon as we can.
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Practice No. 17
The Colorado State Rams held their 17th practice of fall camp on Friday morning at Hughes Stadium...
New stadium Indoor and Outdoor Club seating...
The Athletics Development department at Colorado State University reported this week that the...
Preview: Rams Open the Season With Pair of...
CSU to take on Denver and Colorado in road games, along with Special Olympics Clinic on Saturday
Campus community comes together for Ram Welcome
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – Nearly 200 student-athletes and coaches from 14 of Colorado StateR...
Show your true colors: Get Your Green On every ...
Fridays are about to become green days in Fort Collins – and beyond.
CSU Athletics Announces New And Improved Cam's ...
The club is tailored towards young Rams fans who want to show their Green and Gold pride and...
Men's cross country chosen first, women's...
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The Colorado State cross country squads have received significant...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 13
The Colorado State Rams held their 15th practice of fall camp on Wednesday morning at Hughes...