Dec. 4, 2013
Postseason Guide | Tournament Central
Follow the Rams on social media: Twitter (#PointRams) | Facebook | Instagram
The Colorado State women's volleyball team, ranked No. 12 in the most recent AVCA Division I Coaches Top 25 Poll, will be playing in the NCAA tournament for the 19th straight season. This year, the Rams' Road to the Final Four begins in Los Angeles, Calif., vs. Cal State Northridge.
For everything you need to know about the tournament, check out CSU's Tournament Central page.
BACK IN THE POSTSEASON
Colorado State is one of the most seasoned teams in the country when it comes to postseason play. The Rams will appear in their 25th NCAA tournament this week, including their 19th consecutive. Just 10 teams have been to more NCAA tournaments than the Rams, and their streak of 19 straight appearances is the seventh-longest active streak in the country.
Not only do the Rams make it a habit of playing in the postseason. They also win when they get there.
- 25 overall NCAA tournament appearances
- 19 consecutive berths
- 17-7 record in the first round, including winning five straight from 2007-11
- 12-4 record in the first round under Head Coach Tom Hilbert
- Nine trips to the Sweet 16, most recently in 2009
- 22-24 all-time record in the NCAA tournament
A WIN THURSDAY WOULD . . .
- Advance CSU to the second round of the NCAA tournament for the sixth time in the past seven seasons. CSU would then face the winner of the Southern California-New Hampshire match, which is set to take place immediately following CSU’s first-round match vs. Cal State Northridge. CSU’s second-round match would be played Friday at 8 p.m. MT.
- Improve the Rams’ NCAA tournament record to 23-24 all-time, including 19-16 under Hilbert.
- Improve CSU to 5-1 all-time against Cal State Northridge.
- Be CSU’s 29th win of the season, tied for fourth-most in program history.
- Improve CSU’s road/neutral winning streak to 15 matches. The Rams haven’t lost away from Moby Arena this season.
A WIN FRIDAY WOULD . . .
- Advance CSU to the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2009.
- Be CSU’s 30th win of the season, tied for second in program history.
- Improve the Rams’ record to 24-24 all-time in NCAA tournament matches, including 20-16 under Hilbert.
- Improve CSU’s road winning streak to 16 matches.
- Earn CSU a trip back to Los Angeles for the Regional Semifinals on Friday, Dec. 13.
- [If against Southern California] Mark the highest-ranked opponent CSU has beaten in a true road match. Overall, CSU owns 13 victories against ranked opponents in true road matches, including nine under Hilbert. The highest-ranked team CSU has defeated in a true road match is No. 9 Florida in 2000 and No. 9 Utah in 2006.The Rams own several additional victories over ranked foes on neutral courts, including No. 1 UCLA in 2000.
- [If against New Hampshire] Give CSU a victory in the first meeting of the series.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
2016 In Review – Sanja Cizmic
Sanja Cizmic emerged as one of the Rams most integral pieces during her junior season. The...
Rams to begin spring season with matches in Kansas
GOODLAND, Kan. - The Colorado State volleyball team will begin its spring season tomorrow in...
Full CSU Volleyball camps slate released
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – Head Coach Tom Hilbert and the Colorado State volleyball program...
Volleyball season ticket renewals open now
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – Colorado State volleyball season ticket renewals are open now, and...
Hanna, Hillyer set for U.S. National Team Open ...
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Outside hitter Jasmine Hanna and middle blocker Kirstie Hillyer...
CSU volleyball to host prestigious coaches...
FORT COLLINS, Colo. - The Colorado State volleyball program is hosting the Colorado State Coaches...
School-record 58 CSU athletes earn Academic All...
Fifty-eight Colorado State student-athletes earned recognition from the Mountain West for their...
Spring competition dates set for CSU Volleyball
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – The Colorado State Rams volleyball squad is already preparing for the...