Aug 21, 2013
Colorado State (0-0, 0-0 MW) plays its first-ever regular season match vs. Lubbock Christian (0-0, 0-0 Heartland) Friday in Lubbock, Texas, at Texas Tech's home field, John Walker Soccer Complex. Kickoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. MT. The Rams close out opening weekend with a second game at Texas Tech (0-0, 0-0 Big 12) on Sunday, which begins at 12 p.m.
Ready to embark on its first season in program history, the Colorado State women's soccer team is not backing away from some of the premier programs in the sport. The Rams have brought in five transfer students, including two locals, Megan Speed and Jami Vaughn, with NCAA Division-I experience.
Lubbock Christian Time Change
The Colorado State athletic department announced a time change to the Aug. 23 soccer match vs. Lubbock Christian to 6 p.m. MT.
The change was made because the contest was moved to Texas Tech's home field. The match will now be played on a neutral field. The Rams will play Texas Tech on Sunday at the originally annouced time of 12 p.m. MT.
Scouting Report on Lubbock Christian
- Friday's contest will be the first of the season for both schools. The match will be played at Texas Tech's home field: John Walker Soccer Complex.
- Making the transition from NAIA, the Lady Chaparrals are in their first year at the NCAA Division-II level in the Heartland Conference. Last season LCU finished with a 12-5-2 record.
- In just the third year of soccer at LCU, the Chaps return nine starters to this year's squad.
Scouting Report on Texas Tech
- Texas Tech enters 2013 ranked No. 24 in the NSCAA Continental Tire Coaches Poll. The Red Raiders finished last year's campaign with a 16-6-1 record overall and a 9-1-0 mark at home. They return eight starters from the 2012 season.
- Texas Tech will open their season at New Mexico Friday before Sunday's matchup with the Rams.
- The Red Raiders shut out No. 25 Denver on the road in a preseason match Saturday, 1-0. Senior Jessica Fuston scored the only goal of the game in the 27th minute of play.
A pair of wins will...
- Give Colorado State its first-ever program victory.
- Improve Head Coach Bill Hempen's career record to 278-188-44. He currently ranks No. 19 among Division I active coaches in all-time wins.
- Start series win streaks over CSU's first two opponents in program history.
Last time out
The Colorado State women's soccer program officially opened up its 2013 campaign on Sunday afternoon as they played a hard-fought match against No. 10 Metro State, falling to the Roadrunners 2-0 in the exhibition.
The Rams started off strong, hitting the crossbar on a great goal-scoring opportunity just 12 minutes into the match, but couldn't capitalize as the two squads went into the half tied at 0-0.
Both teams continued to play to a scoreless draw until the 77th minute, when Karissa Price headed in a corner from Maggie Rojas. Less than 10 minutes later, Brandi Farley extended the lead for Metro State, heading in a cross from Abby Rolph to secure the victory for the Roadrunners.
Goalkeeper Elena Eidson led the way for the Rams with a strong showing and five saves in the first half.
Try-out scheduled for Aug. 26
The Colorado State women's soccer program will be holding open tryouts on Monday, Aug. 26 in hopes of filling out the rest of its roster.
The tryouts will be held from 5-6:30 p.m. with a mandatory informational meeting Sunday, Aug. 25 at 6 p.m. in the Moby Team Room at the Fum McGraw Athletic Center. Participants must be present at this informational meeting in order to tryout.
Fort Collins Soccer Complex - Home of the Rams
Located northeast of the Colorado State campus, FCSC serves as the Home of Rams Soccer. CSU's pitch is at the far northeast corner of the complex.
Directions: Take I-25 north to Exit 271, Mountain Vista. Turn west (left) on Mountain Vista and then north (right) on the frontage road. Continue 1.5 miles on the frontage road, crossing Richards Lake Rd. Address: 3955 NW Frontage Rd.
Video and Audio Streaming The Rams will have two home contests streamed on CSURams.com/digitalnetwork this season. Fans can watch home games on their computer for free. Specific dates will be announced later in August.
Select road games will also have live streaming:
Lubbock Christian: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/lcu.portal#
Texas Tech: TexasTech.TV
Colorado State continues its road trip in Texas, visiting SMU on Aug. 30. Kickoff is scheduled for 11 a.m. MT.
CSU women's soccer announces pair of free clinics
The Colorado State women's soccer program has announced that it will hold a pair of free clinics,...
Rams earn 74 MW Scholar-Athlete nods for 2013-14
Sixth-three Colorado State student-athletes earned a record total of 74 Scholar-Athlete awards...
CSU women's soccer announces 2014 schedule
Head Coach Bill Hempen and the Colorado State women's soccer program announced its 2014 schedule ...
CSU women's soccer announces summer camps
The Colorado State women's soccer program has announced that it will be hosting two separate...
CSU Women's Soccer Concludes First Spring Season
The Colorado State women's soccer program concluded its first spring season, showing Head Coach...
CSU soccer, swimming to host Future Ram Day...
Colorado State's soccer and swimming & diving programs are teaming up to bring high school...
Women's soccer release: Coach Hempen to coach...
Colorado State women's soccer head coach Bill Hempen was selected to coach the US Youth Soccer...
Women's soccer release: Coach Hempen announces ...
Colorado State women's soccer head coach Bill Hempen announced his 2014 signing class on...