Jan. 16, 2014
Colorado State at Air Force | Game 17
Jan. 18 | 1 p.m. MT | Colorado Springs, Colo. | Clune Arena (5,843)
|COLORADO STATE RAMS||AIR FORCE FALCONS|
Colorado State (12-4, 4-1 MW) is on the road to challenge Air Force (1-14, 0-5 MW) Saturday. Tipoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. MT at Clune Arena (5,843).
Saturday's game at Air Force was moved to 1 p.m. MT in order to accommodate fans that want to watch both the men's and women's basketball contests. The men are scheduled to tip-off at 4 p.m.
Off to their best start in 12 years, the Rams are looking to start begin a new winning streak in conference play as they finish the first third of league action this weekend.
The game will be broadcast live on AM 1410 KIIX. Matt Wozniak, now in his fifth season with the Rams, calls all the action. Live game video will also be available via the Mountain West Network at CSURams.com/videos.
About Air Force
- Despite a couple of setbacks vs. Fresno State (77-43) and San Diego State (72-39), the Falcons are keeping close company with their opponents in league play. AFA's games against Utah State (88-78), UNLV (72-65) and SJSU (79-70) have all been decided by 10 points or less.
- The Falcons only win this season came on Dec. 6 at home vs. North Dakota State. Led by 20-point efforts from Jimi Blagowsky (26) and Camille Thompson (23), AFA scored a season high 82 points to NDSU's 63.
- Air Force has three players averaging double figures, Thompson (10.8), Balgowsky (10.3) and Cherae Medina (10.2). The Falcons spread out their defensive attack, with seven players with at least three rebounds per game. Madeleine Philpot leads the group with 4.5 on the glass.
- The Falcons have found success from deep through the first five games of league play, ranking third in the conference in three-pointers (7.2). AFA is also fourth in assists and defensive rebounds, with 14.6 and 27.6, respectively.
Series vs. the Falcons
- Saturday's meeting is the 51st game between the two schools. Colorado State has the upper hand in the series, with an 39-11 record over the Falcons all-time.
- The Rams are 18-6 in Colorado Springs, winning the past five matchups down at the Academy.
- CSU is on a four-game series win streak over AFA. The Rams have won 10 of the past 11 meetings, with their only loss coming in the first round of the conference tournament in 2011.
A win will...
- Tie the most wins since the 2011-12 season when the Rams finished 13-17 overall.
- Match the highest number of road wins the program has had since the 2003-04 campaign with five.
- Give CSU a chance to earn sole possession of first-place for the first time this season with a Fresno State loss at New Mexico (tipoff at 2 p.m.).
- Improve Head Coach Ryun Williams' record during his tenure at CSU to 24-23. The last CSU head coach to have a positive record was Chris Denker (2003-05), who posted a .525 win ratio in three seasons at Colorado State.
Three players recorded double-doubles against Utah State for the third time in school history and the first in 35 years, including Gritt Ryder's second points-assists double-double this season. Becky Hammon is the only other player in the history of the program to have two points-assists double-doubles.
Ryder's 14 assists vs. Utah State ties for the second-most all-time at CSU. The mark stands as the most by any player in the league this year.
Game Time Changes
The Jan. 25 Colorado State at New Mexico women's basketball game time has been moved to 6 p.m. MT. The Lobos announced the change was made in order to accommodate fans that want to watch the men's contest at 2 p.m. on ESPN3 before attending women's game.
The Rams vs. Air Force game on Feb. 8 has been moved to 12 p.m. MT. The change will allow fans the opportunity to watch the men's CSU at Air Force game on television following the Rams' Play4Kay Pink Out contest at home.
Colorado State enjoys its first bye of the conference slate before wrapping up its first home-and-home in league play at New Mexico (7-8, 2-2 MW) on Jan. 25. Tipoff at The Pit is scheduled for 6 p.m. MT.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Recap: Rams fall to UC Davis, 58-57, in round...
A notable 2016-17 season for the Colorado State women's basketball team came to a close on Sunday...
Preview: Rams host UC Davis in round two of the...
Fresh off an overtime victory over Saint Mary’s, the Colorado State women’s...
Recap: Rams advance to round two of WNIT with...
The Colorado State women’s basketball team rallied from a 10-point deficit with 6:43 to go ...
Preview: Rams host Saint Mary’s on...
The Colorado State women’s basketball team is set to play in its fourth consecutive...
Rams selected to Postseason WNIT, will host...
The Colorado State women’s basketball team will return to the postseason for the fourth...
Recap: Rams fall to Boise State, 65-61, in MW...
The Colorado State women’s basketball team fell to the Boise State Broncos, 65-61, on...
Preview: No. 1 seed Rams face No. 4 seed Boise ...
The top-seeded Colorado State women’s basketball team is set to take on the No. 4 seed...
Recap: Rams advance to MW Championship...
Behind double-doubles from seniors Elin Gustavsson and Ellen Nystrom, the Colorado State women...