Jan. 13, 2014
Colorado State vs. Utah State | Game 16
Jan. 15 | 7 p.m. MT | Fort Collins, Colo. | Moby Arena (8,745)
|COLORADO STATE RAMS||UTAH STATE AGGIES|
Colorado State (11-4, 3-1 MW) is hoping to rebound with a victory over Utah State (8-6, 2-1 MW) Wednesday. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. MT at Moby Arena (8,745).
Like the Rams, Utah State suffered its first loss of the Mountain West slate on Saturday at home vs. Nevada. The Aggies currently sit in a four-way tie for third in the conference standings with Wyoming, New Mexico and UNLV.
Off to their best start in 12 years, the Rams are looking to start a new winning streak back home in Moby.
The game will be broadcast live on AM 1410 KIIX. Matt Wozniak, now in his fifth season with the Rams, calls all the action. Live game video will also be available via the Mountain West Network at CSURams.com/videos.
About Utah State
- Utah State is 3-3 on the road this season, with wins over Cal State Northridge (75-67), UC Santa Barbara (81-70) and San José State (78-65).
- The Aggies lead the conference in scoring offense, averaging 79.3 points per game, but they're ninth in scoring defense, allowing 73.0 from their opponents. The team also leads the league in blocks (6.7) and assists (18.3).
- The lowest USU has scored this entire season is 71 points in a loss at South Dakota. The team has allowed 70 points or more on eight occasions this year.
- USU's 2-1 conference record displays victories over winless Air Force and San José State, and a 76-72 loss most recently to Nevada (2-2 MW).
- Utah State's Jennifer Schlott has scored double figures in each game this season, leading the Mountain West with 17.7 points per game through the Aggies three league contests. The senior guard plays nearly the entire game, averaging 34.0 minutes, and leads the team in assists with 6.7 per game early in the conference season.
- Forward Franny Vaaulu is USU's other active player averaging double figures (11.4). She has double digits in each of the Aggies three MW games this year.
- Utah State's defensive leaders are Elise Nelson and Ingrida Strikas. They are averaging 7.1 and 6.9 rebounds per game this season, respectively.
- The Aggies will be without their second-leading scorer (18.0) and three-point leader, Makenlee Williams. She has missed the last three games and will not suit up Wednesday.
Series vs. the Aggies
- Wednesday's meeting is the 20th game between the two schools. Colorado State has the upper hand in the series, with an 10-9 record over the Aggies all-time.
- The Rams are 6-4 in Fort Collins, winning six straight at home from 1982 to 1987.
- This will be the first time the two schools have played each other in 26 years. CSU has won the past five matchups vs. USU.
A win will...
- Extend the all-time series win streak over Utah State to six games.
- Improve Head Coach Ryun Williams record during his tenure at CSU to 23-23. The last CSU head coach to have a positive record was Chris Denker (2003-05), who posted a .525 win ratio.
- Surpass the total number of victories from last season (11) with 12 wins on the year.
Game Time Changes
- Saturday's game at Air Force was moved to 1 p.m. MT in order to accomodate fans that want to watch both the men's and women's basketball contests. The men are scheduled to tip-off at 4 p.m.
- The Jan. 25 Colorado State at New Mexico women's basketball game time has been moved to 6 p.m. MT. The Lobos announced the change was made in order to accommodate fans that want to watch the men's contest at 2 p.m. on ESPN3 before attending women's game.
- The Rams vs. Air Force game on Feb. 8 has been moved to 12 p.m. MT. The change will allow fans the opportunity to watch the men's CSU at Air Force game on television following the Rams' Play4Kay Pink Out contest at home.
Colorado State begins a two-game road stretch vs. I-25 opponents Air Force (1-13, 0-4 MW) Saturday, and New Mexico the following weekend. Tipoff at Clune Arena is scheduled for 1 p.m. MT.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams announce completed 2015-16 schedule
Head coach Ryun Williams and the Colorado State women’s basketball team released the...
CSU women’s hoops announces MW slate
For the second consecutive season the Colorado State women’s basketball squad will open the...
Gerber, Newton to attend NCAA Career in Sports ...
Colorado State track & field all-conference recipient Stephanie Gerber and women's basketball...
Space remaining for girl's basketball summer camps
The Colorado State women's basketball program is hosting two individual youth summer camps in...
Newton, De Ciman honored by CSU's Black/African...
Colorado State women's basketball star AJ Newton and men's basketball standout Joe De Ciman will ...
Williams adds Kantzy to fall roster
Women's basketball head coach Ryun Williams on Wednesday announced his second signee during the...
CSU announces addition of Kelemen to 2015-16...
Head Coach Ryun Williams on Friday announced the addition of Kincsö Kelemen to the Colorado ...
CSU Athletics has international flavor
In the 2014-15 season, Colorado State athletics had 20 international student athletes coming to...