Nov. 22, 2013
COLORADO STATE (6-5, 4-2 MW) at UTAH STATE (6-4, 5-1 MW)
LINKS: Roster | Media Guide | Schedule | Gameday Central Page
KICKOFF: 1:30 p.m. MT
TV: CBS Sports Network —Dave Ryan (play-by-play), Adam Archuleta (analyst) and Evan Washburn (sideline)
RADIO: CSU Flagship: KJAC 105.5 FM | Utah State Flagship: KVNU 610 AM/102.1 FM
CSU Rams Radio Network: KREL-AM 1580 ESPN (Colorado Springs), KSIR-AM 1010 (Fort Morgan), KRFD-FM 94.5 (Sterling), and KNZZ-AM 1100 (Grand Junction)
LIVE STATS: Gametracker
TWITTER: @CSUFootball #CSURams #1TTD | @CoachMcElwain | @mountainwest #MWFB
Weekly Notes (PDF): Colorado State | Utah State | Mountain West
COLORADO STATE FOOTBALL HEADLINES:
Nov. 18: (VIDEO) Jim McElwain weekly press conference with S Trent Matthews and TE Crockett Gillmore
Nov. 18: Game vs. Air Force on Nov. 30 set to kick off at noon
Colorado State (6-5, 4-2) will conclude its road schedule at Utah State (6-4, 5-1) in a pivotal Mountain West Mountain Division matchup. The Rams, who have rattled off three consecutive road conference wins for the first time since 2002-03, return to Logan, Utah where in 2011 they defeated the Aggies 35-34 in double overtime. Kickoff is set for 1:30 p.m. MT. Fans can catch the action nationwide on CBS Sports Network.
The Rams have six wins this season, their most this late in the regular season since 2005. The Rams need one more victory to become bowl eligible for the first time since 2008 when CSU defeated Fresno State in the New Mexico Bowl. CSU holds a 36-31-2 advantage in the series vs. the Aggies, which dates back to 1902.
NOTES IN 140 | #CSURamsNotes | #MWFB | #1TTD
- The Rams are above .500 both overall & in MW (6-5, 4-2) at latest date in regular season since 2005
- CSU has now won 4 of its first 6 MW games, which the Rams haven't done since 2005 when they also began 4-2 through 6 games in conference play
- Since playing at Alabama (9/21), CSU is 5-2 and has avg. 542.9 total yds. & avg. 259.3 rushing yards, both top-10 in the nation in that span
- Through 11 games the Rams are averaging 214.8 rushing yards, their most since 1992 (240.1)
- CSU is on pace for the highest avg. yards/game in program history with 471.1. In 1996, CSU set the bar with an average of 458.9 yards/game
- The Rams have recorded 500-plus yards of total offense in six games this season, the most games with at least 500 yards in a single season
- Last week at New Mexico, the Rams racked up 649 yards of total offense, the third-most total offensive yards in a single game in CSU history
- CSU is averaging 36.5 points per game in 2013. The last time the Rams averaged 30-plus points per game was in 1997 (36.6)
- The Rams have improved their scoring output by 72%, from 21.2 in 2012 to 36.5 this season
- Under @CoachMcElwain the Rams are 8-2 when leading at halftime and 9-1 with the lead after 3 quarters
- Against @BroncoSportFB on Nov. 2 CSU registered 35 first downs, a CSU record. The previous high was 33 set twice in 1992
- The Rams ran 109 offensive plays vs. @BroncoSportFB on Nov. 2, a program record and second-most in #MWFB history
- CSU won three-consecutive road games (@ WYO, @ UH, @ UNM) in MW play for the first time since 2002 when the Rams rattled off five conference road wins
- Through 11 games CSU has scored 401 points which ranks as the third-best scoring output in a single season, trailing the Rams in `02 (418) & `97 (477)
- The Rams hung 50-plus points on UTEP (59), UW (52) and UNM (66) this year. This is the first CSU team to score 50 on three opponents in a single season
- 66 points at New Mexico is tied for third-most in program history and the second-most vs. a conference opponent all-time
- Prior to 59-point outburst vs. UTEP the Rams hadn't scored 50-plus points since Oct. 8, 2003 at BYU, a span of 3,666 days.
- OC Weston Richburg, cand. for @outlandtrophy & @rimingtontrophy has graded above 90% in every game with 37 knockdowns, incl. 7 vs. Boise St.
- SR RB Chris Nwoke ranks 10th all-time in CSU history with 2,405 rushing yards.
- SO RB Kapri Bibbs has rushed for 1,439 yards, the most in #MWFB and second-most among all FBS running backs.
- In the past 2 games (vs. Nev, at UNM), Bibbs has run the ball 68 times for 603 yds. (8.9 avg.) and scored 10 touchdowns
- Bibbs leads the nation in rushing TDs (25) and total TDs (25). The 25 rushing TDs are the most by a CSU rusher in a single season
- In only 11 games, Bibbs ranks fifth all-time on the career rushing touchdown list at Colorado State with 25
- Bibbs set a school record rushing for 312 yards on 30 carries vs. Nevada on Nov. 9; It was previously held by Tony Alford in 1989 (28-310)
- Bibbs set a school record and tied a @mountainwest record scoring six rushing touchdowns at New Mexico on Nov. 16
- Bibbs owns two of the three highest single-game rushing performances (312 vs. Nevada; 291 at New Mexico)
- Bibbs broke off an 85-yd TD run vs. Nevada, the 3rd-longest scoring run in program history and longest play since `03 (BVP to Anderson - 86)
- Bibbs became only the fourth FBS rusher since 2000 to record at least 3 rushing TDs in six games in a single season
- Bibbs has scored at least 3 rushing TDs in 5-consecutive games, which hadn't been accomplished since Calvin Branch did it in 3 consecutive games in `96
- Bibbs now owns the school single-season points record, scoring 150 points through 11 games
- With 25 rushing TDs Bibbs has more scores on the ground than 77% of FBS teams (95-out-of-123 teams)
- CSU's offensive line starters have a combined 149 starts, which ranks tied for 11th in #NCAA according to @philsteele042
- JR TE Kivon Cartwright became the first CSU player to score multiple receiving TDs in back-to-back games (UTEP & SJSU) since Paul Turner in 1995
- SR TE Crockett Gillmore leads all MW TEs with 423 receiving yards, which also ranks 8th nationally among all FBS TEs
- Against Boise State, JR QB Garrett Grayson threw for a career-high 397 yards, the 10th most in program history.
- Grayson has now thrown 27 touchdowns in his career, a number that ranks ninth-most all-time at Colorado State.
- Grayson's 2,785 passing yards this season ranks as the eighth-most at CSU and the 19th-most in #NCAA
- With Bradlee Van Pelt in attendance, Grayson broke BVP's single-game total offense record accumulating 445 total yards (397 pass, 48 rush) vs. BSU
- Grayson threw 3 TDs in three straight games (UTEP, SJSU, WYO), a feat that a Rams QB hasn't accomplished since Terry Nugent in 1982
- FR WR Rashard Higgins had 10 receptions vs. BSU (11/2), setting a career high and tying a CSU freshman record
- WR Charles Lovett has a catch in 18 straight games in which he has played. Lovett's last game without a catch was Nov. 19, 2011 at TCU
- Shaquil Barrett's 18.0 TFL leads #MWFB and is tied for third most in the #NCAA while his average of 1.6 per game is ninth in the country
- Barrett's sack total of 10.5 is third-most in the country and ranks as the fifth-most in a single season at Colorado State
- Barrett's 18.0 TFL ranks as the sixth-best single season effort in program history
- Barrett's 13-tackle, 3-sack, 2-FF performance vs. UTEP earned him Bronko Nagurski Defensive POW honors, only the 2nd Ram to earn this award
- Confirmed through research dating back to 1970, Barrett is the first Ram to block two kicks in one game
- S Trent Matthews has picked off four passes this season, tying for the most by a Ram since 2009 and tied for fourth most in #NCAA
- S Kevin Pierre-Louis (vs. CU) and LB Max Morgan (at UH) racked up 15 total tackles in individual games, the 7th-most single-game tackles in #MWFB.
- After allowing opponents to convert 48 percent of their third-down tries last season, the #CSURams have reduced the rate to 38 percent this year
- CSU's defense held @AlabamaFTBL to 66 yards rushing, the lowest total by the Crimson Tide since Oct. 9, 2010 (36)
- WR/PR Joe Hansley is one of three #MWFB players with a punt return TD. Hansley's 74-yard return is the 17th-longest nationally
- The Rams are averaging 15.5 yards per punt return compared with a 9.5 average in 2012
- Opponents avg. just 8.6 yards/punt return after averaging 12.0 a year ago, and 21.0 yards/kickoff return compared to 23.5 last year.
- .@LouGrozaAward candidate Jared Roberts averages 1.5 FGs/game, 2nd in #MWFB and 22nd nationally
- At New Mexico Roberts connected on a 52-yard FG, a career long and the longest by a CSU kicker since Jason Smith's52-yarder in 2008
- Roberts' career field goal percentage of 88.9 percent is 2nd among all active kickers in NCAA FBS
- Roberts' 88.9 field goal percentage makes him the most accurate kicker in CSU history with a minimum of 25 attempts (25-of-28)
- Shaquil Barrett earned MW Special Teams Player of the Week after blocking two Cal Poly field goals (9/14)
- CSU is one of eight teams in the country to block multiple kicks in one game and is 10th in #NCAA with 3 blocks on the year
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
New Under Armour jerseys unveiled
Colorado State Athletics unveiled its 2016 Under Armour jerseys on Wednesday.
Former CSU quarterback and athletics director...
Colorado State University and its athletics multimedia rights holder, Learfield's Rams Sports...
Training Camp Live with CSU Football coming to...
Rams fans, get ready. Training Camp Live with Colorado State Football is coming Wednesday, Aug....
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 11
The Colorado State Rams were back on the practice field Monday for their 13th session of fall...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 10
The Colorado State Rams completed their 12th practice of fall camp on Sunday afternoon, their...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 9
The Colorado State Rams wrapped up their 10th practice of fall camp on Saturday morning, marking ...
Colorado State Athletics announces “Homet...
As a company that places significant value in sense of community, Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc.,...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 8
Colorado State held its first scrimmage of fall camp on Thursday afternoon. After holding eight...