Nov. 8, 2013
COLORADO STATE (4-5, 2-2 MW) vs. NEVADA (3-6, 2-4 MW)
LINKS: Roster | Media Guide | Schedule | Gameday Central Page
Gameday Fan Guide (Tickets, Parking, Tailgating, Ram Town, Directions, Restaurants & Lodging)
KICKOFF: 1:36 p.m.
TV: Mountain West Network/CSURams.com—Rich Cellini (play-by-play) and Ted Sundquist (analyst)
RADIO: CSU Flagship: KJAC 105.5 FM | Nevada Flagship: ESPN Radio 94.5 FM, 630 AM
CSU Rams Radio Network: KREL-AM 1580 ESPN (Colorado Springs), KSIR-AM 1010 (Fort Morgan), KRFD-FM 94.5 (Sterling), and KNZZ-AM 1100 (Grand Junction)
LIVE STATS: Gametracker
TWITTER: @CSUFootball #CSURams #1TTD | @CoachMcElwain | @mountainwest #MWFB
Weekly Notes (PDF): Colorado State | Nevada | Mountain West
COLORADO STATE FOOTBALL HEADLINES:
Nov. 4: Jared Roberts named Lou Groza Award finalist
Nov. 4: (VIDEO) Jim McElwain, C Weston Richburg & DL Joe Kawulok Monday press conference
Colorado State (4-5, 2-2) will host Nevada (3-6, 2-4) in Fort Collins Saturday for the first time since 2009 when the Rams defeated the Wolf Pack 35-20. Kickoff is set for 1:36 p.m. The game can be streamed for free on CSURams.com or TheMW.com on the Mountain West's new digital network.
The Rams are searching for their fifth win of the season, which would be the most since 2008 when CSU finished the year 7-6 with a victory in the New Mexico Bowl. Entering Saturday, CSU holds a 9-2 (.818) advantage in the series, which is the third highest winning percentage against any opponent the Rams have played at least eight times.
NOTES IN 140 | #CSURamsNotes | #MWFB | #1TTD
- Through nine games the Rams are averaging 187.2 rushing yards, the most since 2003 (190.8)
- CSU is currently on pace for the 2nd-most avg. yards/game in program history with 440.3. In 1996, CSU set the bar with an average of 458.9 yards/game.
- Against @BroncoSportFB CSU registered 35 first downs, a CSU record. The previous high was 33 set twice in 1992
- The Rams ran 109 offensive plays vs. @BroncoSportFB, a program record and the second-most in Mountain West history.
- Under @CoachMcElwain the Rams are 7-2 when leading at halftime and 8-1 with the lead after 3 quarters
- .@CoachMcElwain picked up his first true road win of his coaching career after beating Wyoming 52-22 on Oct. 19
- CSU won back-to-back road games (@WYO, @UH) in MW play for the first time since 2002 when the Rams defeated Utah, AFA & SDSU.
- CSU is averaging 33.0 points per game in 2013. The last time the Rams averaged 30-plus points per game was in 1997 (36.6)
- Last season the Rams only averaged 21.2 points per game but have seen a 56% increase to this season (33.0)
- The Rams hung 50-plus points on UTEP (59) and Wyoming (52) this year. The last CSU team to score 50 points in two separate games was the 1997 Rams
- 59 points vs. UTEP was the most since Oct. 4, 1997 when the Rams defeated Hawai'i 63-0. The 59 points ties for the ninth most in program history
- Prior to 59-point outburst vs. UTEP the Rams hadn't scored 50-plus points since Oct. 8, 2003 at BYU, a span of 3,666 days.
- Seven true freshmen have made their collegiate debut this season (Berk, Clyburn, Higgins, Lovingood, Schlager, Simmons, Williams)
- The temperature was 98 degrees at kickoff in Tulsa (9/7), the hottest game the Rams have played since Sept. 16, 2000
- Bama's Bryant-Denny Stadium (101,821) was sold out for the Sept. 21 contest vs. the Rams. It was the largest crowd to see a game featuring CSU
- `Colorado State' was trending worldwide for 15 minutes as the Rams took on Alabama on Sept. 21
- OC Weston Richburg, cand. for @outlandtrophy @rimingtontrophy & @lombardiaward, has graded out above 90% in all nine games
- In those nine games, Richburg has accumulated 30 knockdown blocks, including 7 vs. Boise State on Nov. 2
- SR RB Chris Nwoke ranks 10th all-time in CSU history with 2,400 rushing yards.
- JR TE Kivon Cartwright became the first CSU player to score multiple receiving TDs in back-to-back games (UTEP & SJSU) since Paul Turner in 1995
- Cartwright's six TDs are the most by a Ram pass-catcher since 2008 when Dion Morton had 10 and Kory Sperry had 6
- SR TE Crockett Gillmore leads all MW TEs with 331 receiving yards, which also ranks 10th nationally among all FBS TEs
- JR RB Donnell Alexander picked up 70 yards on his 2nd carry at UH before being tackled at the UH7. It is the 3rd longest non-scoring rush in CSU history
- SO RB Kapri Bibbs has rushed for 836 yards, 5th best in #MWFB but his 5.5 avg/rush is 3rd in conference among RBs with 100-plus carries
- Bibbs' 15 rushing touchdowns are most in the nation and most by a CSU rusher since Cecil Sapp in 2002 (17)
- Bibbs set a career single-game high in rushing at Wyoming with 201 yards and three TDs and is one of 4 MW RBs to rush for 200-plus in `13
- Bibbs tied Calvin Branch (1996) with most three-rushing-TD games in a single season with four
- Bibbs has scored 3 rushing TDs in three-consecutive games, which hadn't been accomplished since Calvin Branch did it three consecutive games in `96
- Bibbs is already 7th on the single season scoring list with 90 points through nine games, the most since Jeff Babcock (118) and Cecil Sapp (102) in 2002
- CSU's offensive line starters have a combined 139 starts, which ranks tied for 11th in #NCAA according to @philsteele042
- Against Boise State, JR QB Garrett Grayson threw for a career-high 397 yards, the 10th most in program history.
- With Bradlee Van Pelt in attendance, Grayson broke BVP's single-game total offense record accumulating 445 total yards (397 pass, 48 rush)
- Grayson has thrown 15 TDs, which ranks 31st in #NCAA, the most by a CSU QB since 2008 (Billy Farris - 19)
- Grayson threw 3 TDs in three straight games (UTEP, SJSU, WYO), a feat that a Rams QB hasn't accomplished since Terry Nugent in 1982
- FR WR Rashard Higgins had 10 receptions vs. BSU (11/2), setting a career high and tying a CSU freshman record
- Higgins' 156 receiving yards vs. UTEP are the most by a freshman in CSU history and nationally the most by a freshman this season
- WR Charles Lovett, who returned vs. SJSU after missing five games with knee injury, has a catch in 16 straight games in which he has played.
- Lovett's last game without a catch was Nov. 19, 2011 at TCU
- Shaquil Barrett's 14.5 TFL leads #MWFB and is tied for third most in the #NCAA while his average of 1.6 per game is ninth in the country
- Barrett's sack total of 7.5 is tied for sixth in the country
- Barrett's 13-tackle, 3-sack, 2-FF performance vs. UTEP earned him Bronko Nagurski Defensive POW honors, only the 2nd Ram to earn this award
- Confirmed through research dating back to 1970, Barrett is the first Ram to block two kicks in one game
- S Trent Matthews has picked off three passes this season, tying for the most by a Ram since 2009 and fifth most in #NCAA
- S Kevin Pierre-Louis (vs. CU) and LB Max Morgan (at UH) racked up 15 total tackles in individual games, the 7th-most single-game tackles in #MWFB.
- Pierre-Louis' 14 assisted tackles is the highest total since LB Ricky Brewer's 12 at Utah on 10/23/10
- After allowing opponents to convert 48 percent of their third-down tries last season, the #CSURams have reduced the rate to 38 percent this year
- DB Bernard Blake intercepted an A.J. McCarron pass in the third quarter. McCarron had only been picked five times in two seasons prior to that point
- CSU's defense held @AlabamaFTBL to 66 yards rushing, the lowest total by the Crimson Tide since Oct. 9, 2010 (36)
- Freshman punter Hayden Hunt , who was added to @RayGuyAward watch list, downed four punts inside the 20-yard line at Hawai'i
- WR/KR Thomas Coffman is 3rd in #MWFB with a kickoff return average of 25.0 yards and his long return of 84 yards is 2nd in MW
- Coffman's kickoff return average ranks 25th in #NCAA
- WR/PR Joe Hansley is one of three #MWFB players with a punt return TD. Hansley's 74-yard return is the 12th-longest nationally
- DB/PR Tyree Simmons is averaging 11.5 yards per punt return, ranking third in #MWFB and 18th in #NCAA
- The Rams are averaging 13.9 yards per punt return compared with a 9.5 average in 2012
- Opponents avg. just 7.7 yards/punt return after averaging 12.0 a year ago, and 20.7 yards/kickoff return compared to 23.5 last year.
- .@LouGrozaAward candidate Jared Roberts averages 1.3 FGs/game, 2nd in #MWFB and 34th nationally
- Roberts' career field goal percentage of 87.5 percent is second among all active kickers
- Shaquil Barrett earned MW Special Teams Player of the Week after blocking two Cal Poly field goals (9/14)
- CSU is one of eight teams in the country to block multiple kicks in one game and is second in #NCAA with 3 blocks on the year
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams' spring practice to begin March 10; Spring...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Wednesday that Rams will begin spring...
CSU football looks to carry momentum from 2014 ...
The Colorado State football program looks to carry its momentum built in 2014, a 10-win season,...
Passing of Gary Glick
Gary Glick, the No. 1 overall pick in the 1956 NFL draft passed away on Wednesday, Feb. 11 in his...
CSU's Cartwright granted extension of...
The NCAA announced on Monday afternoon that Colorado State tight end Kivon Cartwright has been...
Football adds Geoff Martzen as director of...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Friday the hire of Geoff Martzen as the...
Bobo announces first signing class
First-year head coach Mike Bobo announced the addition of 13 new signees, his first signing class...
2015 National Signing Day
Wednesday is National Signing Day and Rams fans have numerous ways to follow along.
Football public signing day event set for Feb. ...
The Colorado State football program invites fans to join the excitement of next Wednesday's...