Nov. 7, 2011
This week's notable storylines...
- For the first time since 1973, CSU is playing three of its final four regular-season games at home. That year, the first with Sark Arslanian at the helm, CSU won at UTEP, 76-24, then closed with three straight in Fort Collins: A 21-14 win vs. Toledo, a 28-20 loss to Houston and a 30-13 loss to New Mexico.
- CSU looks to get back into the win column for the first time since Sept. 24, hosting longtime rival San Diego State.
- Only one score has separated three of the last four meetings in the series. SDSU pulled out last-second wins in 2007 and 2010, while the Rams withstood a late charge to beat the Aztecs in 2008. In 2009, SDSU erased a halftime deficit to win in Fort Collins.
- Injuries to 10 starters have conspired to cost the Rams 45 combined starts. Overall, 14 contributors have lost 60 total games due to injury.
- Old Town vendors, including several of Fort Collins' world-renowned breweries, are offering their products in Ram Town prior to kickoff.
- CSU is the nation's only team with two players among the country's top 26 in sacks: starting DEs Nordly Capi (fourth) and C.J. James (26th), who also lead the conference in sacks.
- The Rams are honoring more than 50 former coaches and players, including the 2001 New Orleans Bowl champions, as part of Legends Weekend.
- CSU will wear a yellow ribbon on its helmets to honor and remember our nation's veterans.
Date: Saturday, Nov. 12
Kickoff: 4:06 p.m. MST
Location: Fort Collins, Colo.
Site: Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium
Series: SDSU leads, 17-13-0
Television -- The Mtn.
DirecTV: Ch. 616
DirecTV: Ch. 616-1 (HD)
Comcast Digital Cable: Ch. 411
Comcast HD: Ch. 948
DISH Network: Unavailable
Play-by-play: Ari Wolfe
Color Analyst: Blaine Fowler
Sideline Reporter: Darius Walker
Producer: Jeff Graham
Colorado State Sports Network
Flagship station: KLZ, 560-AM, Denver
Voice of the Rams: Brian Roth
Color Analyst: Kevin McGlue
Engineer: Bob Greenfield
The Colorado State radio broadcast begins with a pregame show two hours prior to kickoff.
LiveStats: CSURams.com (GameTracker)
Rams wrap up Fall Camp on Thursday
The Colorado State football program wrapped up its third Fall Camp under Head Coach Jim McElwain ...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 16
Colorado State is reaching the home stretch of Fall Camp, and Wednesday's morning practice marked...
Postgame quotes from Colorado State head coach Jim McElwain and players after the Rocky Mountain ...
Miller visits Rams Fall Camp on Tuesday
Colorado State is nearing the end of Fall Camp, and this is usually when players start to wear...
Rams conduct 79-play scrimmage on Monday night
On Monday night the Rams conducted a mock game, which `kicked off' at 7 p.m. to mimic the start...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 14
As the Colorado State football program embarks on another two-a-day, the coaching staff switched ...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 13
The Rams wrapped up their second week of Fall Camp on Saturday with an afternoon practice just...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 12
The fourth of seven two-a-days is underway, as the Rams completed their 14th practice of Fall...