Nov. 7, 2011
This week's notable storylines...
- For the first time since 1973, CSU is playing three of its final four regular-season games at home. That year, the first with Sark Arslanian at the helm, CSU won at UTEP, 76-24, then closed with three straight in Fort Collins: A 21-14 win vs. Toledo, a 28-20 loss to Houston and a 30-13 loss to New Mexico.
- CSU looks to get back into the win column for the first time since Sept. 24, hosting longtime rival San Diego State.
- Only one score has separated three of the last four meetings in the series. SDSU pulled out last-second wins in 2007 and 2010, while the Rams withstood a late charge to beat the Aztecs in 2008. In 2009, SDSU erased a halftime deficit to win in Fort Collins.
- Injuries to 10 starters have conspired to cost the Rams 45 combined starts. Overall, 14 contributors have lost 60 total games due to injury.
- Old Town vendors, including several of Fort Collins' world-renowned breweries, are offering their products in Ram Town prior to kickoff.
- CSU is the nation's only team with two players among the country's top 26 in sacks: starting DEs Nordly Capi (fourth) and C.J. James (26th), who also lead the conference in sacks.
- The Rams are honoring more than 50 former coaches and players, including the 2001 New Orleans Bowl champions, as part of Legends Weekend.
- CSU will wear a yellow ribbon on its helmets to honor and remember our nation's veterans.
Date: Saturday, Nov. 12
Kickoff: 4:06 p.m. MST
Location: Fort Collins, Colo.
Site: Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium
Series: SDSU leads, 17-13-0
Television -- The Mtn.
DirecTV: Ch. 616
DirecTV: Ch. 616-1 (HD)
Comcast Digital Cable: Ch. 411
Comcast HD: Ch. 948
DISH Network: Unavailable
Play-by-play: Ari Wolfe
Color Analyst: Blaine Fowler
Sideline Reporter: Darius Walker
Producer: Jeff Graham
Colorado State Sports Network
Flagship station: KLZ, 560-AM, Denver
Voice of the Rams: Brian Roth
Color Analyst: Kevin McGlue
Engineer: Bob Greenfield
The Colorado State radio broadcast begins with a pregame show two hours prior to kickoff.
LiveStats: CSURams.com (GameTracker)
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
#TheGrind | Step Up
The sideline is home to the injured and those waiting for their opportunity. In this week's...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Boise State, Oct...
CSU travels to No. 15 Boise State, Saturday at 8:21 p.m. MT on ESPN2. The Broncos are the only...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: Boise State
Brian Roth and Mark Driscoll of the CSU Rams Radio Network preview Saturday's road contest at No....
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 5
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...
Game Notes: CSU football at Boise State, Oct. 15
Riding momentum from a come-from-behind victory over Utah State, CSU travels to Boise State this ...
Davis named Mountain West Defensive Player of...
Colorado State linebacker Kevin Davis is the Mountain West Defensive Player of the Week. The...
Recap: Second half shutout sparks Rams' comeback
FORT COLLINS, Colo.- The Colorado State Rams improved to 3-3 on the season (1-1 Mountain West)...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Utah State, Oct. 8
Colorado State hosts Utah State for its annual homecoming game, Saturday at 8:02 p.m. MT. The...