Nov. 7, 2011
This week's notable storylines...
- For the first time since 1973, CSU is playing three of its final four regular-season games at home. That year, the first with Sark Arslanian at the helm, CSU won at UTEP, 76-24, then closed with three straight in Fort Collins: A 21-14 win vs. Toledo, a 28-20 loss to Houston and a 30-13 loss to New Mexico.
- CSU looks to get back into the win column for the first time since Sept. 24, hosting longtime rival San Diego State.
- Only one score has separated three of the last four meetings in the series. SDSU pulled out last-second wins in 2007 and 2010, while the Rams withstood a late charge to beat the Aztecs in 2008. In 2009, SDSU erased a halftime deficit to win in Fort Collins.
- Injuries to 10 starters have conspired to cost the Rams 45 combined starts. Overall, 14 contributors have lost 60 total games due to injury.
- Old Town vendors, including several of Fort Collins' world-renowned breweries, are offering their products in Ram Town prior to kickoff.
- CSU is the nation's only team with two players among the country's top 26 in sacks: starting DEs Nordly Capi (fourth) and C.J. James (26th), who also lead the conference in sacks.
- The Rams are honoring more than 50 former coaches and players, including the 2001 New Orleans Bowl champions, as part of Legends Weekend.
- CSU will wear a yellow ribbon on its helmets to honor and remember our nation's veterans.
Date: Saturday, Nov. 12
Kickoff: 4:06 p.m. MST
Location: Fort Collins, Colo.
Site: Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium
Series: SDSU leads, 17-13-0
Television -- The Mtn.
DirecTV: Ch. 616
DirecTV: Ch. 616-1 (HD)
Comcast Digital Cable: Ch. 411
Comcast HD: Ch. 948
DISH Network: Unavailable
Play-by-play: Ari Wolfe
Color Analyst: Blaine Fowler
Sideline Reporter: Darius Walker
Producer: Jeff Graham
Colorado State Sports Network
Flagship station: KLZ, 560-AM, Denver
Voice of the Rams: Brian Roth
Color Analyst: Kevin McGlue
Engineer: Bob Greenfield
The Colorado State radio broadcast begins with a pregame show two hours prior to kickoff.
LiveStats: CSURams.com (GameTracker)
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Limited tickets remain for Rams at the Rockies ...
Colorado State University is taking over Coors Field on Saturday, Aug. 15, for the Colorado...
Matthews recognized for community involvement
Senior Trent Matthews was recognized for his community involvement, being named to the Wuerfell...
Higgins named to Biletnikoff Award watch list
2014 Biletnikoff Award finalist Rashard Higgins, who led the NCAA FBS in yards, touchdowns and...
James selected to Butkus Award Watch List
Senior Cory James was named to the Butkus Award Watch List on Tuesday, an award which annually...
Matthews named to Jim Thorpe Award watch list
Colorado State senior Trent Matthews was recognized as one of the top defensive backs in the...
Hunt selected to Ray Guy Award Watch List
The Augusta Sports Council named Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt to its 2015 Ray Guy Award...
CSU's Cartwright, Walker named to John...
CSU was one of two schools nationally to have multiple players named to the 2015 John Mackey...
CSU's Higgins named to Maxwell Award watch list
CSU wide receiver Rashard Higgins was named to the Maxwell Award watch list on Tuesday morning,...