Nov. 7, 2011
This week's notable storylines...
- For the first time since 1973, CSU is playing three of its final four regular-season games at home. That year, the first with Sark Arslanian at the helm, CSU won at UTEP, 76-24, then closed with three straight in Fort Collins: A 21-14 win vs. Toledo, a 28-20 loss to Houston and a 30-13 loss to New Mexico.
- CSU looks to get back into the win column for the first time since Sept. 24, hosting longtime rival San Diego State.
- Only one score has separated three of the last four meetings in the series. SDSU pulled out last-second wins in 2007 and 2010, while the Rams withstood a late charge to beat the Aztecs in 2008. In 2009, SDSU erased a halftime deficit to win in Fort Collins.
- Injuries to 10 starters have conspired to cost the Rams 45 combined starts. Overall, 14 contributors have lost 60 total games due to injury.
- Old Town vendors, including several of Fort Collins' world-renowned breweries, are offering their products in Ram Town prior to kickoff.
- CSU is the nation's only team with two players among the country's top 26 in sacks: starting DEs Nordly Capi (fourth) and C.J. James (26th), who also lead the conference in sacks.
- The Rams are honoring more than 50 former coaches and players, including the 2001 New Orleans Bowl champions, as part of Legends Weekend.
- CSU will wear a yellow ribbon on its helmets to honor and remember our nation's veterans.
Date: Saturday, Nov. 12
Kickoff: 4:06 p.m. MST
Location: Fort Collins, Colo.
Site: Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium
Series: SDSU leads, 17-13-0
Television -- The Mtn.
DirecTV: Ch. 616
DirecTV: Ch. 616-1 (HD)
Comcast Digital Cable: Ch. 411
Comcast HD: Ch. 948
DISH Network: Unavailable
Play-by-play: Ari Wolfe
Color Analyst: Blaine Fowler
Sideline Reporter: Darius Walker
Producer: Jeff Graham
Colorado State Sports Network
Flagship station: KLZ, 560-AM, Denver
Voice of the Rams: Brian Roth
Color Analyst: Kevin McGlue
Engineer: Bob Greenfield
The Colorado State radio broadcast begins with a pregame show two hours prior to kickoff.
LiveStats: CSURams.com (GameTracker)
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
First sections of playing surface installed at ...
The playing surface at Colorado State University's new on-campus stadium began to be installed...
Green and Gold Game April 22 will headline...
The Colorado State football team’s annual Green and Gold Spring Game will kick off at 1 p.m...
Spring Notebook: Offense shows complacency...
FORT COLLINS, Colo.-- The Colorado State Rams held their 10th practice of spring ball on Tuesday ...
12 Rams earn NFFCC academic honors
Twelve Colorado State football players and three incoming freshmen earned academic recognition by...
Field design for new stadium will recognize...
The playing surface at Colorado State University’s new on-campus stadium will bear the name...
Spring Notebook: Stevens, No. 1 offense...
The Colorado State Rams were back in action on Saturday for their second scrimmage of the spring ...
Spring Notebook: Rams welcome visiting coaches ...
FORT COLLINS, Colo.-- The Colorado State Rams officially passed the halfway point of spring ball...
Peralta earns NFF Hampshire Honor Society nod
Nolan Peralta, a 2016 graduate from the Colorado State football team, was recognized this week...