Oct. 25, 2010
This week’s notable storylines…
- The Rams, 1-1 in the second half of their season, look to get back on track after a loss at now-No. 7/8 Utah.
- Two true freshman quarterbacks square off, New Mexico’s Tarean Austin and CSU’s Pete Thomas. It’s the first of three such games expected to take place this season in the MWC (BYU also has a true freshman QB, Jake Heaps). The last such instance was the 2009 Emerald Bowl when USC’s Matt Barkley met BC’s Dave Shinskie in San Francisco, Pete Carroll’s last game at the helm of the Trojans.
- Three of these teams’ last four meetings (2006, 2007, 2009) have been decided with a last-second field goal. All three have been New Mexico victories. The only time in that stretch a last-second FG did not decide the outcome was CSU’s lone win, in 2008.
- CSU has had a 100-yard rusher against the Lobos in each of the last three meetings (Gartrell Johnson 2007-08, John Mosure 2009).
- CSU looks the erase the sour taste of last season’s last-second loss at New Mexico.
- At home this season, the Rams have won two of three, losing only to a top-five team, TCU (now No. 4/4).
- The Lobos have taken three of the last four from CSU, New Mexico’s most successful stretch in the 76-year-old series since a similar run from 1979-82.
- CSU must win to keep any hopes alive of a bowl berth in 2010. However, without question, the Rams are squarely focused on the Lobos after a humbling loss last week at Utah.
Date: Saturday, Oct. 30
Kickoff: 4:06 p.m. MDT
Location: Fort Collins, Colo.
Site: Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium
Series: CSU leads, 32-25-0
Television — The Mtn.
DirecTV: Ch. 616
DirecTV: Ch. 616-1 (HD)
Comcast Digital Cable: Ch. 411
Comcast HD: Ch. 948
DISH Network: Unavailable
Play-by-play: Ari Wolfe
Color Analyst: Blaine Fowler
Sideline Reporter: Roger Bailey
Producer: Jeff Graham
Colorado State Sports Network
Flagship station: KLZ, 560-AM, Denver
Voice of the Rams: Brian Roth
Color Analyst: Kevin McGlue
Sideline: Abby Waner
Engineer: Bob Greenfield
The Colorado State radio broadcast begins with a pregame show two hours prior to kickoff.
LiveStats: CSURams.com (GameTracker)
Football Game Notes: Colorado State at Boise...
On Saturday, Sept. 6, the Rams will travel to Boise, Idaho to take on Boise State, a team CSU has...
CSU's Hart, Roberts earn weekly Mountain...
On Monday morning the Mountain West named running back Dee Hart the Mountain West Offensive...
Football recap: Rams win Rocky Mountain...
The Colorado State football team scored 24 unanswered points Friday to come from behind and beat ...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Colorado, Aug. 29
Colorado State opens its season tonight in the 86th meeting against in-state rival Colorado....
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs....
The Rams and Buffaloes have met 85 times, starting in 1893, and every season since 1995. It is...
Coors Light Jim McElwain Coach's Show...
The Coors Light Jim McElwain Coach's Show debuts on Wednesday, Aug. 27 at 6:30 p.m., on the home ...
Rams wrap up Fall Camp on Thursday
The Colorado State football program wrapped up its third Fall Camp under Head Coach Jim McElwain ...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 16
Colorado State is reaching the home stretch of Fall Camp, and Wednesday's morning practice marked...