Oct. 25, 2010
This week’s notable storylines…
- The Rams, 1-1 in the second half of their season, look to get back on track after a loss at now-No. 7/8 Utah.
- Two true freshman quarterbacks square off, New Mexico’s Tarean Austin and CSU’s Pete Thomas. It’s the first of three such games expected to take place this season in the MWC (BYU also has a true freshman QB, Jake Heaps). The last such instance was the 2009 Emerald Bowl when USC’s Matt Barkley met BC’s Dave Shinskie in San Francisco, Pete Carroll’s last game at the helm of the Trojans.
- Three of these teams’ last four meetings (2006, 2007, 2009) have been decided with a last-second field goal. All three have been New Mexico victories. The only time in that stretch a last-second FG did not decide the outcome was CSU’s lone win, in 2008.
- CSU has had a 100-yard rusher against the Lobos in each of the last three meetings (Gartrell Johnson 2007-08, John Mosure 2009).
- CSU looks the erase the sour taste of last season’s last-second loss at New Mexico.
- At home this season, the Rams have won two of three, losing only to a top-five team, TCU (now No. 4/4).
- The Lobos have taken three of the last four from CSU, New Mexico’s most successful stretch in the 76-year-old series since a similar run from 1979-82.
- CSU must win to keep any hopes alive of a bowl berth in 2010. However, without question, the Rams are squarely focused on the Lobos after a humbling loss last week at Utah.
Date: Saturday, Oct. 30
Kickoff: 4:06 p.m. MDT
Location: Fort Collins, Colo.
Site: Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium
Series: CSU leads, 32-25-0
Television — The Mtn.
DirecTV: Ch. 616
DirecTV: Ch. 616-1 (HD)
Comcast Digital Cable: Ch. 411
Comcast HD: Ch. 948
DISH Network: Unavailable
Play-by-play: Ari Wolfe
Color Analyst: Blaine Fowler
Sideline Reporter: Roger Bailey
Producer: Jeff Graham
Colorado State Sports Network
Flagship station: KLZ, 560-AM, Denver
Voice of the Rams: Brian Roth
Color Analyst: Kevin McGlue
Sideline: Abby Waner
Engineer: Bob Greenfield
The Colorado State radio broadcast begins with a pregame show two hours prior to kickoff.
LiveStats: CSURams.com (GameTracker)
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Colorado State holds annual Pro Day
Seven former Rams who graduated in 2014 worked out in front of 37 NFL scouts representing all 32 ...
Spring Notebook: Rams football completes first ...
Colorado State opened its first football spring practice under first-year head coach Mike Bobo on...
Ram Good Time Auction sees record fundraising...
Supporters of Colorado State Athletics came through with a record-breaking performance Saturday...
Rams, Bobo ready for spring ball, practice...
First-year head football coach Mike Bobo and the Colorado State Rams begin spring practice on...
Football Pro Day set for March 11 at CSU
After one of the best football seasons in Colorado State history, it's no surprise that a number ...
CSU's Grayson invited to Jon Gruden QB Camp
Colorado State quarterback Garrett Grayson has been invited to the sixth annual Jon Gruden...
CSU football team to hold spring scrimmage at...
Colorado State University and the Denver Broncos announced Tuesday that the Rams' football...
Mountain West announces 2015 schedule
Colorado State's 12-game football schedule for 2015 has been solidified with the release of the...