Oct. 25, 2010
This week’s notable storylines…
- The Rams, 1-1 in the second half of their season, look to get back on track after a loss at now-No. 7/8 Utah.
- Two true freshman quarterbacks square off, New Mexico’s Tarean Austin and CSU’s Pete Thomas. It’s the first of three such games expected to take place this season in the MWC (BYU also has a true freshman QB, Jake Heaps). The last such instance was the 2009 Emerald Bowl when USC’s Matt Barkley met BC’s Dave Shinskie in San Francisco, Pete Carroll’s last game at the helm of the Trojans.
- Three of these teams’ last four meetings (2006, 2007, 2009) have been decided with a last-second field goal. All three have been New Mexico victories. The only time in that stretch a last-second FG did not decide the outcome was CSU’s lone win, in 2008.
- CSU has had a 100-yard rusher against the Lobos in each of the last three meetings (Gartrell Johnson 2007-08, John Mosure 2009).
- CSU looks the erase the sour taste of last season’s last-second loss at New Mexico.
- At home this season, the Rams have won two of three, losing only to a top-five team, TCU (now No. 4/4).
- The Lobos have taken three of the last four from CSU, New Mexico’s most successful stretch in the 76-year-old series since a similar run from 1979-82.
- CSU must win to keep any hopes alive of a bowl berth in 2010. However, without question, the Rams are squarely focused on the Lobos after a humbling loss last week at Utah.
Date: Saturday, Oct. 30
Kickoff: 4:06 p.m. MDT
Location: Fort Collins, Colo.
Site: Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium
Series: CSU leads, 32-25-0
Television — The Mtn.
DirecTV: Ch. 616
DirecTV: Ch. 616-1 (HD)
Comcast Digital Cable: Ch. 411
Comcast HD: Ch. 948
DISH Network: Unavailable
Play-by-play: Ari Wolfe
Color Analyst: Blaine Fowler
Sideline Reporter: Roger Bailey
Producer: Jeff Graham
Colorado State Sports Network
Flagship station: KLZ, 560-AM, Denver
Voice of the Rams: Brian Roth
Color Analyst: Kevin McGlue
Sideline: Abby Waner
Engineer: Bob Greenfield
The Colorado State radio broadcast begins with a pregame show two hours prior to kickoff.
LiveStats: CSURams.com (GameTracker)
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
The Grind | 26 Reasons
Colorado State's 26 seniors, who have won more home games than any senior class in school history...
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 10
TE Crockett Gillmore pulled in his team-leading fourth touchdown reception this week against the ...
Football game notes: CSU at New Mexico, Nov. 21
Colorado State, which has won eight of its last 12 road games, will travel to New Mexico to face ...
Football recap: CSU sends seniors off with 49-3...
The Colorado State Rams improved to 5-5 on the year (3-3 MW) with a decisive 49-35 victory over...
Football gameday: CSU Rams vs. UNLV, Nov. 14
Colorado State will recognize 26 seniors prior to its home game against UNLV, Saturday at 5 p.m. ...
Hunt 1 of 10 semifinalists for Ray Guy Award
Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt is one of 10 semifinalists for the 2015 Ray Guy Award, which...
The Grind | War Games
The Border War began in 1899 and is the oldest college football rivalry west of the Mississippi...
"Declare Your Major Day" a success at Colorado ...
Like many college freshmen, Albert Bimper wasn't sure where his academic path would lead when he ...