Oct. 25, 2010
This week’s notable storylines…
- The Rams, 1-1 in the second half of their season, look to get back on track after a loss at now-No. 7/8 Utah.
- Two true freshman quarterbacks square off, New Mexico’s Tarean Austin and CSU’s Pete Thomas. It’s the first of three such games expected to take place this season in the MWC (BYU also has a true freshman QB, Jake Heaps). The last such instance was the 2009 Emerald Bowl when USC’s Matt Barkley met BC’s Dave Shinskie in San Francisco, Pete Carroll’s last game at the helm of the Trojans.
- Three of these teams’ last four meetings (2006, 2007, 2009) have been decided with a last-second field goal. All three have been New Mexico victories. The only time in that stretch a last-second FG did not decide the outcome was CSU’s lone win, in 2008.
- CSU has had a 100-yard rusher against the Lobos in each of the last three meetings (Gartrell Johnson 2007-08, John Mosure 2009).
- CSU looks the erase the sour taste of last season’s last-second loss at New Mexico.
- At home this season, the Rams have won two of three, losing only to a top-five team, TCU (now No. 4/4).
- The Lobos have taken three of the last four from CSU, New Mexico’s most successful stretch in the 76-year-old series since a similar run from 1979-82.
- CSU must win to keep any hopes alive of a bowl berth in 2010. However, without question, the Rams are squarely focused on the Lobos after a humbling loss last week at Utah.
Date: Saturday, Oct. 30
Kickoff: 4:06 p.m. MDT
Location: Fort Collins, Colo.
Site: Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium
Series: CSU leads, 32-25-0
Television — The Mtn.
DirecTV: Ch. 616
DirecTV: Ch. 616-1 (HD)
Comcast Digital Cable: Ch. 411
Comcast HD: Ch. 948
DISH Network: Unavailable
Play-by-play: Ari Wolfe
Color Analyst: Blaine Fowler
Sideline Reporter: Roger Bailey
Producer: Jeff Graham
Colorado State Sports Network
Flagship station: KLZ, 560-AM, Denver
Voice of the Rams: Brian Roth
Color Analyst: Kevin McGlue
Sideline: Abby Waner
Engineer: Bob Greenfield
The Colorado State radio broadcast begins with a pregame show two hours prior to kickoff.
LiveStats: CSURams.com (GameTracker)
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Two Rams earn NFF Hampshire Honor Society nods
Two 2014 graduates of the Colorado State football program - offensive lineman Mason Myers and...
Eight CSU football games to be televised...
The Mountain West on Tuesday released the remained of Colorado State's nationally televised games...
Mike Bobo among headliners for eighth annual...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo will join coaches from around the state, and...
Green defeats Gold 38-34 in annual Green and...
The Rams took the field for the final time this spring in the annual Green and Gold Spring Game...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 14
The Rams completed their final spring practice on Friday afternoon, and Saturday's annual Green...
A great year to be a CSU Ram
The 2014-15 season has been a great year to be a CSU Ram. CSU's four revenue sports posted a 81.3...
Spring Game Saturday on as scheduled; Ram Town ...
Saturday's Green and Gold spring game will go on as scheduled at 11:30 a.m. at Sonny Lubick Field...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 13
Snowy weather on Thursday forced the Rams inside to the indoor practice facility for the 13th...