Oct. 25, 2010
This week’s notable storylines…
- The Rams, 1-1 in the second half of their season, look to get back on track after a loss at now-No. 7/8 Utah.
- Two true freshman quarterbacks square off, New Mexico’s Tarean Austin and CSU’s Pete Thomas. It’s the first of three such games expected to take place this season in the MWC (BYU also has a true freshman QB, Jake Heaps). The last such instance was the 2009 Emerald Bowl when USC’s Matt Barkley met BC’s Dave Shinskie in San Francisco, Pete Carroll’s last game at the helm of the Trojans.
- Three of these teams’ last four meetings (2006, 2007, 2009) have been decided with a last-second field goal. All three have been New Mexico victories. The only time in that stretch a last-second FG did not decide the outcome was CSU’s lone win, in 2008.
- CSU has had a 100-yard rusher against the Lobos in each of the last three meetings (Gartrell Johnson 2007-08, John Mosure 2009).
- CSU looks the erase the sour taste of last season’s last-second loss at New Mexico.
- At home this season, the Rams have won two of three, losing only to a top-five team, TCU (now No. 4/4).
- The Lobos have taken three of the last four from CSU, New Mexico’s most successful stretch in the 76-year-old series since a similar run from 1979-82.
- CSU must win to keep any hopes alive of a bowl berth in 2010. However, without question, the Rams are squarely focused on the Lobos after a humbling loss last week at Utah.
Date: Saturday, Oct. 30
Kickoff: 4:06 p.m. MDT
Location: Fort Collins, Colo.
Site: Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium
Series: CSU leads, 32-25-0
Television — The Mtn.
DirecTV: Ch. 616
DirecTV: Ch. 616-1 (HD)
Comcast Digital Cable: Ch. 411
Comcast HD: Ch. 948
DISH Network: Unavailable
Play-by-play: Ari Wolfe
Color Analyst: Blaine Fowler
Sideline Reporter: Roger Bailey
Producer: Jeff Graham
Colorado State Sports Network
Flagship station: KLZ, 560-AM, Denver
Voice of the Rams: Brian Roth
Color Analyst: Kevin McGlue
Sideline: Abby Waner
Engineer: Bob Greenfield
The Colorado State radio broadcast begins with a pregame show two hours prior to kickoff.
LiveStats: CSURams.com (GameTracker)
CSU-Tulsa selected for Mountain West Network
The Mountain West Network, powered by Campus Insiders, announced on Tuesday that it will...
ROOT SPORTS to televise two Colorado State...
ROOT SPORTS and the Mountain West announced Thursday that the network will televise two live...
10 Rams named to Athlon Sports preseason All-MW...
Athlon Sports preseason All-Mountain West teams were announced on Tuesday and 10 Colorado State...
12 Rams named to Phil Steele preseason All-MW...
Phil Steele's preseason All-Mountain West teams teams were announced on Tuesday and 12 Colorado...
Rocky Mountain Showdown to kick off at 7 p.m. MT
The Pacific-12 Conference on Thursday announced Colorado State's season opener against in-state...
Single-game football tickets on sale now
Single-game tickets to all of Colorado State's home football games and the Rocky Mountain...
Porter earns Bachelor of Arts degree in liberal...
After 19 years, one of Colorado State football's most recognizable players will return to the CSU...
CSU's tight end Gillmore drafted by Ravens in...
For the first time since 2004, the Colorado State football team had multiple draft picks on the...