Oct. 11, 2013
Colorado State celebrates its 90th Homecoming this week, and the centerpiece of the weekend is the Rams' home football game Saturday versus San José State at Hughes Stadium. Kickoff is set for 1:30 p.m. MT for Colorado State's first Mountain West game of 2013.
BUY TICKETS HERE!
The main ticket office and will-call will open at 9:30 a.m. (south side gate 6). All other ticket offices will open at 10 a.m.
Saturday's contest between the Rams and Spartans will be the seventh meeting (series is tied 3-3) and it will also feature a special recognition. At halftime, the athletics department will honor former safety Greg Myers by displaying his uniform number 3 on the press box. Myers will be the third player to have his number displayed at Hughes Stadium, joining "Fum" McGraw (48) and Eddie Hanna (21).
Myers, now an anesthesiologist in Denver, played at Hughes Stadium from 1992-95 intercepted 14 passes in his career. Dr. Myers is the only Western Athletic Conference athlete to earn first-team all-conference honors four years in a row. Nationally, Myers won the 1995 Jim Thorpe Award, given to the best defensive back in the nation.
COLORADO STATE (2-3, 0-0 MW) vs. SAN JOSÉ STATE (2-3, 1-1 MW)
KICKOFF: 1:34 p.m.
TV: CBS Sports Network (Brad Johansen, Randy Cross, Rashan Ali)
RADIO: CSU Flagship: KJAC 105.5 FM | SJSU Flagship: KLIV 1590 AM CSU Rams Radio Network:
KREL-AM 1580 ESPN (Colorado Springs), KSIR-AM 1010 (Fort Morgan), KRFD-FM 94.5
(Sterling), and KNZZ-AM 1100 (Grand Junction)
#CSUHomecoming Information & Schedule
COLORADO STATE FOOTBALL HEADLINES:
Check out who is taking over the @CBSSportsNet Twitter on Saturday during our game vs SJSU! #CBSSuperSocial #AskDA
NOTES IN 140 | #CSURamsNotes | #MWFB | #1TTD
- After defeating UTEP 59-42 on Sept. 28, the Rams have a 5-game home win streak, the longest since 2007-08
- CSU's Sept. 1 loss to CU marked the first collegiate season-opening loss for @CoachMcElwain since 2004 when he coached at Michigan State
- Saturday will be CSU's 90th homecoming game and in those games the Rams are 45-43-1
- Saturday will be the Rams' latest start to conference play since 2002 when they hosted Wyoming on Oct. 12
- CSU is 1-0 under @CoachMcElwain after a bye week and since 2000 have compiled an 8-6 record coming off a bye during the season
- CSU currently holds a three-game home MW win streak, the longest since 2005
- The 59 points was the most since Oct. 4, 1997 when the Rams defeated Hawai'i 63-0. The 59 points ties for the ninth most in program history
- Seven true freshmen have made their collegiate debut this season (Berk, Clyburn, Higgins, Lovingood, Schlager, Simmons, Williams)
- The temperature was 98 degrees at kickoff in Tulsa (9/7), the hottest game the Rams have played since Sept. 16, 2000
- Bryant-Denny Stadium (101,821) was sold out for the Sept. 21 contest vs. the Rams. It was the largest crowd to see a game featuring CSU
- `Colorado State' was trending worldwide for 15 minutes as the Rams took on Alabama on Sept. 21
- Weston Richburg, cand. for @outlandtrophy @rimingtontrophy & @lombardiaward, has graded out above 90% in all five games
- In those five games, Richburg has accumulated 15 knockdown blocks
- In two home games the Rams average 562 yards of total offense, 13th best in the nation, and 8.09 yards per play, good for 10th nationally
- SO RB Kapri Bibbs has rushed for 360 yards, 7th best in #MWFB but his 6.8 avg/rush is 2nd in conference
- Bibbs set a career single-game high in rushing vs. UTEP with 147 yards and three TDs
- WR Joe Hansley set a career best with seven receptions against CU (9/1)
- CSU's offensive line starters have a combined 99 starts, which ranks 12th in #NCAA according to @philsteele042
- JR QB Garrett Grayson's 39 pass attempts on Sept. 1 vs. CU was the third-highest total of his career
- Grayson has only been sacked three times in his last 96 pass attempts
- After not being sacked vs. Cal Poly, Grayson wasn't sacked until the final play of the game at Alabama, a span of 120 minutes
- FR WR Rashard Higgins' 7 receptions at Alabama are the most by a CSU freshman since Chris Nwoke's 8 at Utah on Oct. 23, 2010
- Higgins' 156 receiving yards vs. UTEP are the most by a frosh. in CSU history and nationally the most by a freshman this season
- JR WR Charles Lovett has a catch in 12 straight contests in which he has played. He has missed the last 5 games due to injury
- Lovett's last game without a catch was Nov. 19, 2011 at TCU
- Shaquil Barrett's 12.5 TFL is tied for the highest total in in the #NCAA but his average of 2.5 per game leads the country
- Barrett's sack total of 6.5 is second in the country and his 1.3 average per game is fourth
- Barrett's 13-tackle, 3-sack, 2-FF performance vs. UTEP earned him Bronko Nagurski Defensive POW honors, only the 2nd Ram to earn this award
- Confirmed through research dating back to 1970, Barrett is the first Ram to block two kicks in one game
- S Kevin Pierre-Louis racked up 15 total tackles on Sept. 1 vs. CU, the 4th-most single-game tackles in #MWFB.
- Pierre-Louis' 14 assisted tackles is the highest total since LB Ricky Brewer's 12 at Utah on 10/23/10
- After allowing opponents to convert 48 percent of their third-down tries last season, the #CSURams have reduced the rate to 35 percent this year
- Bernard Blake has 7 PBUs on the season, ranking 3rd in #MWFB and 28th nationally
- Blake intercepted an A.J. McCarron in the third quarter. McCarron has only been picked five times in two seasons prior to this point
- CSU's defense held @AlabamaFTBL to 66 yards rushing, the lowest total by the Crimson Tide since Oct. 9, 2010 (36)
- Freshman punter Hayden Hunt's 69-yd punt vs. Colorado is the longest in #MWFB. It is also the 16th-longest in #NCAA
- Hunt's punt average of 42.0 is good for 4th in #MWFB
- WR/KR Thomas Coffman is 3rd in #MWFB with a kickoff return average of 25.7 yards and his long return of 84 yards is 2nd in MW
- Coffman's kickoff return average ranks 28th in #NCAA
- WR/PR Joe Hansley is one of two #MWFB players with a punt return TD
- DB/PR Tyree Simmons is averaging 10.3 yards per punt return, ranking third in #MWFB and 29th in #NCAA
- Simmons' punt return average ranks 33rd in #NCAA and he is the only freshman in the top 50
- The Rams are averaging 14.0 yards per punt return compared with a 9.5 average in 2012
- Opponents avg. just 7.6 yards/punt return after averaging 12.0 a year ago, and 18.8 yards/kickoff return compared to 23.5 last year.
- .@LouGrozaAward candidate Jared Roberts averages 1.6 FGs/game, 2nd in #MWFB and 18th nationally
- Roberts career field goal percentage of 89.5 percent is the second in the nation in active players
- Shaquil Barrett earned MW Special Teams Player of the Week after blocking two Cal Poly field goals (9/14)
- CSU is one of five teams in the country to block multiple kicks in one game
- Long snapper Tanner Hedstrom has a streak of 37 consecutive games without an errant snap
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams await Sunday's bowl announcement
The Colorado State Rams, at 7-5 (5-3 MW), have qualified for a bowl game for the fourth year in a...
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 12
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...
8 Rams earn All-Mountain West recognition
The Mountain West announced its all-conference football teams Tuesday afternoon, with eight...
Ruiz breaks 90-year-old record for the ages
It took 90 years and 40 days or 930 games for the oldest record in the CSU record books to fall,...
Rams close regular season in dominant fashion...
The Colorado State Rams turned in their most dominant all-around performance of the season in a...
Friend named Broyles Award nominee for 2nd year...
For the second consecutive season, Colorado State offensive coordinator Will Friend is a nominee ...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: San Diego State
Brian Roth and Mark Driscoll of the CSU Rams Radio Network break down last Saturday's #FarewellHu...
Game Notes: CSU football at San Diego State,...
Coming off of a bowl-clinching victory over New Mexico, the Rams travel to San Diego State to...