Skipper groomed Ryan Mathews at Fresno State before the Chargers selected him No. 12 overall in the 2010 NFL Draft
Jan. 5, 2012
By Zak Gilbert
Athletic Media Relations
FORT COLLINS, Colo. - New Colorado State Head Coach Jim McElwain continued to add to his first Rams staff Thursday, naming Tim Skipper assistant coach. McElwain initiated the announcement from New Orleans, where he is preparing for the Allstate BCS National Championship against No. 1 LSU Monday on ESPN.
Skipper is the fourth member of the inaugural staff. McElwain on Wednesday named Dave Baldwin and Tim Duffie assistant coaches, and Tom Ehlers director of football operations. CSU will announce titles and responsibilities once the full staff is in place. All three coaches already are on the road recruiting for CSU.
Tim Skipper at a glance...
- Helped RB Ryan Mathews develop into an All-American and 12th overall selection in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
- Has groomed six players that advanced to the NFL, five running backs and a linebacker.
- Coached a pair of two-time all-conference linebackers at Fresno State, Ben Jacobs and Travis Brown.
- Father, Jim Skipper, is currently the Tennessee Titans' running backs coach and enters his 39th year in coaching in 2012.
- Brother, Kelly Skipper, launched a coaching career in 1989 and currently serves as the Oakland Raiders' running backs coach.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Football game notes: CSU at New Mexico, Nov. 21
Colorado State, which has won eight of its last 12 road games, will travel to New Mexico to face ...
Football recap: CSU sends seniors off with 49-3...
The Colorado State Rams improved to 5-5 on the year (3-3 MW) with a decisive 49-35 victory over...
Football gameday: CSU Rams vs. UNLV, Nov. 14
Colorado State will recognize 26 seniors prior to its home game against UNLV, Saturday at 5 p.m. ...
Hunt 1 of 10 semifinalists for Ray Guy Award
Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt is one of 10 semifinalists for the 2015 Ray Guy Award, which...
The Grind | War Games
The Border War began in 1899 and is the oldest college football rivalry west of the Mississippi...
"Declare Your Major Day" a success at Colorado ...
Like many college freshmen, Albert Bimper wasn't sure where his academic path would lead when he ...
Premium seating options introduced for Colorado...
Construction is underway on Colorado State's new on-campus stadium, and an exciting new stage in ...
O'Brien named Burlsworth Trophy nominee
Colorado State center Kevin O’Brien has been named a nominee for the 2015 Burlsworth Trophy...