Nov. 30, 2013
Colorado State (58) vs. Air Force (13)--Saturday, November 30, 2013
- Colorado State, at 7-6, has secured its best regular season record record since the 2003 team went 7-5.
- The Rams are bowl-eligible for the first time since 2008 and posted a 5-3 Mountain West record, their best since 2005 (5-3).
- Colorado State broke the school record for total offensive yards in a season today and now stands at 5,996 yards for the season. Today's 629 yards--the fourth-highest single-game total in school history--helped push the Rams over the previous record of 5,706 yards set in the 13-game season of 2003.
- The Rams have now posted more than 600 yards in a game three times this season, including a high of 649, the third-highest figure in school history, just two weeks ago at New Mexico. CSU had just six games of 600 or more yards in its entire history before the 2013 season, and has added three this year (649, 629 and 626).
- CSU has now extended its school records for 500-yard games in a season (7) and 50-point games in a season (4).
- Quarterback Garrett Grayson (26-34, 395 yds., 3 TDs) broke the school's single-season passing yardage record by adding 395 yards today, two short of his career high. He now has 3,327 yards this season, topping the previous record of 3,319 yards by Terry Nugent in 1983.
- Today's game was Grayson's fifth of the season with 300 or more passing yards (and fifth of his career), tied for second-most in a single season at CSU and tied for fourth-most in a career.
- Grayson, with three touchdowns today, has 21 for the season, third-most in a single season by a CSU quarterback. The record is 23 by Justin Holland in 2005.
- Grayson now has 266 completions for the season, second on CSU's single-season list. The record is 275 by Terry Nugent in 1983.
- RB Kapri Bibbs rushed 16 times for 79 yards and three touchdowns to reclaim the NCAA FBS touchdown lead.
- Bibbs now has 1,572 yards on the season, 30 yards from the CSU single-season rushing record (Cecil Sapp: 1,601...2002).
- With three touchdowns today Bibbs has become the first player in NCAA FBS history to rush for three or more touchdowns in seven different games in one season. He did so in five consecutive games from Oct. 19-Nov. 16.
- With QB Garrett Grayson now at 3,227 passing yards for the season and RB Kapri Bibbs up to 1,572 rushing yards, Colorado State has produced both a 3,000-yard passer and 1,500-yard rusher in the same season for the first time in school history.
- With 7 receptions for 127 yards and two touchdowns, freshman wide receiver Rashard Higgins has 64 catches on the season, sixth on CSU's all-time single-season list, and extending his freshman record.
- Higgins' 795 receiving yards are the most by a Colorado State player since Rashaun Greer had 1,114 in 2008.
- With Colorado State scoring a touchdown on its opening possession today it has now scored points on every opening possession in six home games this season. Four times it has been a touchdown and the other two a field goal. For the season, CSU has scored an opening-drive touchdown six times and a field goal twice.
- Defensively, the Rams held their opponent scoreless on its opening possession for the seventh game in a row. The last time a CSU opponent scored points on its opening drive was Oct. 12 vs. San Jose State (field goal).
- Colorado State has held back-to-back opponents to 13 points (Utah State and Air Force), the first time it has held back-to-back opponents to 13 or fewer points since 2002 when BYU scored 10 points on Oct. 24, followed by a 12-point output by Air Force on Oct. 31.
- CSU was allowing 309.6 passing yards per game entering the Nevada game Nov. 9, and has allowed just 166.0 per game in its last four outings to dropped the season average to 265.4.
- The Rams have held their last two opponents to 43 passing yards (at Utah State) and 125 passing yards (Air Force). The team was allowing 303 passing yards per game
- Wide receiver Joe Hansley caught five passes for 71 yards with a long of 34, rushed twice for 10 yards on direct snaps and took another direct snap and pitched it to QB Garrett Grayson who threw a 19-yard touchdown pass to Rashard Higgins. He also returned one punt for 6 yards.
- Junior K Jared Roberts now has made all 54 point-after attempts this season to set a new school record for PATs in a season. He is the first CSU player with 50 or more in a season. The last CSU kicker to go perfect on PATs in a season was Jason Smith who went 31-for-31 in 2008.
- CSU has closed the regular season with six wins in its last nine games. The last time a CSU team won as many games in a nine-game period to close the regular season was 2002.
- Colorado State's 58 points today are the most it has scored in any of the 52 games in its series vs. Air Force.
- Center Weston Richburg, who has started every game of his career, made his 49th start today, extending his school record for career games started.
- Today's captains were chosen by vote of Colorado State players to be installed as season captains: C Weston Richburg, LB Shaquil Barrett, LB Max Morgan and CB Shaq Bell.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Colorado State and Texas Tech announce football...
Colorado State and Big 12 Conference member Texas Tech jointly announced today a home-and-home...
Spring Notebook: Rams once again respond well...
Mike Bobo was once again impressed with how his team responded to the first practice following a ...
Colorado State and Toledo announce football...
Colorado State will play a home-and-home football series with the University of Toledo, of the...
Spring Notebook: Offense bounces back, running ...
Wet spring weather moved the Rams indoors on Saturday, but the Colorado State football team still...
Spring Notebook: Williams, Peralta among key...
The Colorado State Rams hit the two-thirds point of spring ball on Thursday, and head coach Mike ...
Colorado State and Learfield's Rams Sports...
Colorado State University and its athletics multimedia rights holder, Learfield's Rams Sports...
New fly-through video of on-campus stadium debuts
Anticipation for the 2017 opening of Colorado State University’s new multipurpose on-campus...
Spring Notebook: Offense seizes opportunity for...
It’s the nature of spring football: Tremendous progress is made, and at times it’s...