Nov. 23, 2013
- The Rams defense forced the Aggies offense to punt on their first drive, marking the fifth-consecutive game Colorado State has prevented an opponent from scoring on its first drive.
- The Rams offense, averaging 36.5 points per game, was shutout for the first time since 2010 when Wyoming pitched a 44-0 shutout.
- The Rams defense doubled its season average with 11 tackles for loss. Enter Saturday the CSU defense averaged 5.5 tackles for loss per game.
- Rams, who allow 298.4 pass yards per game, limited Utah State 43 yards passing. The last time the Rams defense held an opponent to under 100 yards passing was at Air Force on Sept. 29, 2012 (57).
- Utah State was 4 of 17 (24%) on third down on Saturday. Entering the game, CSU only allowed its opponents to convert 38% of the time on third down, a total that is now down to 37% after Saturday’s loss.
- Reshirt-sophomore Kapri Bibbs only gained 54 yards on the ground at Utah State, but it was enough to move him up to No. 2 on the Rams’ single-season rushing charts. Bibbs now has 1,493 rushing yards, passing Gartrell Johnson III, who ran for 1,476 in 2008.
- Bibbs entered CSU’s top-10 single-season rushing attempts list with 18 carries on Saturday. Bibbs currently sits at ninth-place in CSU single-season history with 238 carries through 12 games.
- Junior linebacker Max Morgan recorded a career-best 20 tackles, including half-a-tackle for loss on Saturday. Morgan’s 20 tackles ties for 10th-most in program history. His previous best was 15 at Hawai’i on Oct. 26. Morgan also took a fake punt and rushed for seven yards and a first down.
- The last Ram defender with 20 or more tackles was Karl Ballard (20) vs. BYU on Oct. 15, 2005.
- Senior linebacker Shaquil Barrett’s one-and-a-half, first-quarter sacks gives him 12 on the year, the third-most single-season sacks in CSU history. Brady Smith in 1995 holds the record with 16 and current student-assistant coach Joey Porter is second with 14 in 1998.
- Barrett’s 2.5 tackles for loss at Utah State now gives him 20.5 on the season, ranking as the third-most in a single-season at Colorado State.
- Freshman wide receiver Rashard Higgins, who hauled in 4 receptions for 20 yards, has caught 57 balls in his first year at Colorado State. Higgins needs two more catches to enter the Rams’ single-season top-10.
- Junior quarterback Garrett Grayson attempted 39 passes, which put him in the CSU top-10 for single-season attempts. Grayson currently has attempted 394 passes this season, the third-most all-time in Rams single-season history.
- Additionally, Grayson now has racked up 3,015 total offense yards, the third-most in a single season at CSU.
- On the last play of the third quarter, walk-on Eric Williams registered his first collegiate carry. The Rock Canyon graduate gained one-yard on his first attempt.
- Redshirt-sophomore defensive lineman Joe Kawulok made his first collegiate start.
- Saturday’s captains were TE/HB Joe Brown, QB Garrett Grayson, LB Cory James and K Jared Roberts.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
13 former Rams showcase skillset at annual Pro Day
Thirteen former Colorado State football players participated in CSU’s Pro Day on Wednesday ...
CSU, Arkansas announce 2018 game in Fort Collins
Colorado State, in conjunction with the University of Arkansas, announced on Wednesday that the...
Spring practice dates set for Colorado State...
The Colorado State Rams, under the direction of third-year head coach Mike Bobo, will begin...
College Gridirons of Colorado
This is the third of a five-part series exploring the history of CSU football at visiting...
Mountain West announces 2017 conference schedule
The Mountain West released its complete 2017 football schedule on Thursday, including dates for...
Rams add to 2018 home slate by hosting Illinois...
The Colorado State Rams moved one step closer to completing their 2018 non-conference football...
School-record 58 CSU athletes earn Academic All...
Fifty-eight Colorado State student-athletes earned recognition from the Mountain West for their...
Bobo adds DL Jamori Fox to #RAMPAGE17
#RAMPAGE17 continues to expand with the signing of junior college transfer Jamori Fox. Colorado...