Nov. 23, 2013
- The Rams defense forced the Aggies offense to punt on their first drive, marking the fifth-consecutive game Colorado State has prevented an opponent from scoring on its first drive.
- The Rams offense, averaging 36.5 points per game, was shutout for the first time since 2010 when Wyoming pitched a 44-0 shutout.
- The Rams defense doubled its season average with 11 tackles for loss. Enter Saturday the CSU defense averaged 5.5 tackles for loss per game.
- Rams, who allow 298.4 pass yards per game, limited Utah State 43 yards passing. The last time the Rams defense held an opponent to under 100 yards passing was at Air Force on Sept. 29, 2012 (57).
- Utah State was 4 of 17 (24%) on third down on Saturday. Entering the game, CSU only allowed its opponents to convert 38% of the time on third down, a total that is now down to 37% after Saturday’s loss.
- Reshirt-sophomore Kapri Bibbs only gained 54 yards on the ground at Utah State, but it was enough to move him up to No. 2 on the Rams’ single-season rushing charts. Bibbs now has 1,493 rushing yards, passing Gartrell Johnson III, who ran for 1,476 in 2008.
- Bibbs entered CSU’s top-10 single-season rushing attempts list with 18 carries on Saturday. Bibbs currently sits at ninth-place in CSU single-season history with 238 carries through 12 games.
- Junior linebacker Max Morgan recorded a career-best 20 tackles, including half-a-tackle for loss on Saturday. Morgan’s 20 tackles ties for 10th-most in program history. His previous best was 15 at Hawai’i on Oct. 26. Morgan also took a fake punt and rushed for seven yards and a first down.
- The last Ram defender with 20 or more tackles was Karl Ballard (20) vs. BYU on Oct. 15, 2005.
- Senior linebacker Shaquil Barrett’s one-and-a-half, first-quarter sacks gives him 12 on the year, the third-most single-season sacks in CSU history. Brady Smith in 1995 holds the record with 16 and current student-assistant coach Joey Porter is second with 14 in 1998.
- Barrett’s 2.5 tackles for loss at Utah State now gives him 20.5 on the season, ranking as the third-most in a single-season at Colorado State.
- Freshman wide receiver Rashard Higgins, who hauled in 4 receptions for 20 yards, has caught 57 balls in his first year at Colorado State. Higgins needs two more catches to enter the Rams’ single-season top-10.
- Junior quarterback Garrett Grayson attempted 39 passes, which put him in the CSU top-10 for single-season attempts. Grayson currently has attempted 394 passes this season, the third-most all-time in Rams single-season history.
- Additionally, Grayson now has racked up 3,015 total offense yards, the third-most in a single season at CSU.
- On the last play of the third quarter, walk-on Eric Williams registered his first collegiate carry. The Rock Canyon graduate gained one-yard on his first attempt.
- Redshirt-sophomore defensive lineman Joe Kawulok made his first collegiate start.
- Saturday’s captains were TE/HB Joe Brown, QB Garrett Grayson, LB Cory James and K Jared Roberts.
Football Game Notes: Colorado State at Boise...
On Saturday, Sept. 6, the Rams will travel to Boise, Idaho to take on Boise State, a team CSU has...
CSU's Hart, Roberts earn weekly Mountain...
On Monday morning the Mountain West named running back Dee Hart the Mountain West Offensive...
Football recap: Rams win Rocky Mountain...
The Colorado State football team scored 24 unanswered points Friday to come from behind and beat ...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Colorado, Aug. 29
Colorado State opens its season tonight in the 86th meeting against in-state rival Colorado....
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs....
The Rams and Buffaloes have met 85 times, starting in 1893, and every season since 1995. It is...
Coors Light Jim McElwain Coach's Show...
The Coors Light Jim McElwain Coach's Show debuts on Wednesday, Aug. 27 at 6:30 p.m., on the home ...
Rams wrap up Fall Camp on Thursday
The Colorado State football program wrapped up its third Fall Camp under Head Coach Jim McElwain ...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 16
Colorado State is reaching the home stretch of Fall Camp, and Wednesday's morning practice marked...