Nov. 17, 2013
- With Saturday’s 66-42 victory over New Mexico, the Rams have now won three-consecutive Mountain West road contests, something the Rams haven’t done since 2002-03 when the team rattled off five-consecutive road wins inside conference play.
- CSU has now won four of its first six conference games, something the Rams haven’t done since 2005 when they also began 4-2 through six games in conference play.
- The Rams tallied 649 yards of total offense, the third-most in program history. It is the most since 1996 as the Rams racked up 693 yards of total offense vs. Tennessee-Chattanooga, a school record.
- 66 points vs. the Lobos are tied for the third-most single-game points in program history, tied with the 1974 Rams. This also marks the second-most points scored against a conference opponent. In 1973 the Rams hung 76 on UTEP. At the time the two teams were conference-foes.
- The Rams have compiled 401 points this season, third-most in CSU history. The most single-season points came in 1997 when CSU tallied 477 points. The Rams are only 18 points away from moving into second-place, currently held by the 2002 Rams (418).
- Redshirt sophomore running back Kapri Bibbs ran for 291 yards and 6 touchdowns on Saturday at New Mexico. The 291 rushing yards are the third-most in a single-game in program history. After last weekend’s program-best 312-yard rushing performance vs. Nevada, Bibbs holds the No. 1 and 3 spot on the single-game rushing list.
- Bibbs’ six rushing touchdowns are the most in a single-game in CSU history and the most by an FBS rusher this season. Furthermore, the six rushing touchdowns ties for the most in Mountain West history. Nevada’s Stefon Jefferson scored six rushing touchdowns in 2012 vs./at Hawai’i.
- Bibbs now holds CSU single-season records for rushing touchdowns (25), total touchdowns (25) and points (144). Calvin Branch set all three records in 1996.
- After 11 games Bibbs already ranks No. 5 all-time at CSU with 25 career rushing touchdowns.
- Bibbs now holds the Rams’ single-season sophomore rushing record with 1,439 yards. The record was previously held by Kyle Bell who rushed for 1,288 yards in 2005.
- Entering Saturday Bibbs had the 10th-most single-season rushing yards in program history. After his 291-yard rushing performance at New Mexico, Bibbs jumped seven spots to No. 3 all time with 1,439 yards.
- Saturday marked Bibbs fifth-consecutive game with at least three rushing touchdowns and his sixth of the season. Bibbs is now one of four FBS running backs to rush for at least three rushing touchdowns in six games in a single season since 2000. The last FBS running back to accomplish this feat was current Denver Bronco Monte Ball, who did it for Wisconsin in 2011.
- Lou Groza Award semifinalist Jared Roberts connected on a career-long 52-yard field goal in the second quarter at New Mexico. It is the 10th-longest field goal in program history and the longest since Jason Smith’s 52-yarder at Utah on Oct. 18, 2008.
- Roberts is now 25-for-28 on his career. His .893 career field goal percentage makes him the most accurate kicker in CSU history.
- JR QB Garrett Grayson tied a career-high tossing three touchdown passes in the first half. This gives Grayson 18 touchdown passes on the year, tied for the 10th-most in a single season at CSU and the most since Billy Farris threw 19 touchdowns in 2008.
- Additionally, Grayson’s 27 passing touchdowns on his career ranks as the ninth-most all time at Colorado State.
- Grayson finished the game completing 20-of-28 passes for 302 yards. Saturday was Grayson’s fourth 300-yard passing game this season, tied for the third-most in a single season and the most by a CSU quarterback since Scooter Molander had five 300-yard passing games in 1987.
- This season Grayson has racked up 2,785 passing yards, the eighth-most in single-season CSU history. Grayson has completed 224 passes through the Rams’ 11 games, which is the sixth-best single-season performance in program history.
- On his career Grayson has thrown for 4,273 yards, which ranks as the 10th-most all-time in program history. The junior quarterback moved ahead of Pete Thomas on Saturday, who threw for 4,269 yards from 2010-11.
- SR LB Shaquil Barrett registered his 10.5 sack of the season, which ranks as the fifth-most in single-season history at Colorado State.
- Barrett now has 18.0 tackles for loss this season, the sixth-most in program history.
- On CSU’s first drive, the Rams marched down the field on 7 plays and 66 yards and scored as Grayson hit Joe Hansley across the middle for an eight-yard touchdown. It is the third-consecutive game that CSU has scored on its opening drive, a streak dating back to Nov. 2 vs. Boise State. This was Hansley’s first touchdown of the season and the fourth of his career.
- Grayson threw his second touchdown of the first quarter when he hit a wide-open Chris Nwoke for a 43-yard score. It was Nwoke’s longest reception of his career. This was the longest reception by a CSU running back since Raymond Carter’s 66-yard reception from Grayson on Nov. 19, 2011 at TCU.
- For the fifth-consecutive game the Rams defense have prevented an opponent from scoring on its opening drive, a streak dating back to Oct. 19 at Wyoming.
- FR WR Rashard Higgins caught his fourth touchdown of his collegiate career on an 18-yard screen pass on third-and-15. Higgins finished the game with six receptions for 71 yards.
- Rams safety Trent Matthews picked off his fourth pass of the season. Matthews’ four picks are the most in a single-season since Nick Oppenneer picked off four passes in 2009. Later in the half, Shaq Bell picked off his first pass of the season and second of his career. His previous pick came on Sept. 22, 2012 vs. Utah State.
- Entering Saturday, New Mexico senior RB Kasey Carrier averages 123.2 rushing yards per game. The Rams defense held Carrier to 13 yards.
- Today’s captains were CB Bernard Blake, WR Joe Hansley, RB Chris Nwoke and DL Curtis Wilson.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
NCAA grants Mitch Parsons immediate eligibility...
Colorado State tight end Mitch Parsons was notified by the NCAA today that he will be eligible to...
Rams' Sept. 26 game at UTSA to be televised...
Colorado State's Sept. 26 football game at the University of Texas at San Antonio will kick off...
11 Rams named to Phil Steele's 2015...
Phil Steele announced his 2015 Preseason All-Mountain West teams on Monday, and included were 11 ...
Single-game tickets for Rams football on sale...
Single-game tickets for Colorado State's seven home football games in 2015 will go on sale to the...
Single-game tickets for Rams football go on...
Single-game tickets for Colorado State's 2015 home football schedule will go on sale to the...
Remembering Lt. Col. John W. Mosley
He was to Colorado State University what Jackie Robinson was to Major League Baseball. On Friday ...
Amazing Grads: SteveO Michel
It's difficult to imagine a more unlikely college graduate than Steve Michel.
CSU AD presents stadium renderings to Board of ...
Joe Parker was formally introduced Thursday to the Board of Governors of the Colorado State...