Nov. 9, 2013
- In only his fourth career start, RS-SO RB Kapri Bibbs set a school-record rushing for 312 yards on 30 carries and rushed for four touchdowns, tying a school record. The previous single-game rushing record was held by Tony Alford in 1989. Alford rushed for 310 yards on 28 carries at Utah on Oct. 28, 1989.
- Bibbs' 312-yard rushing performance is the second-most by an FBS player this season, four yards shy of Northern Illinois' QB Jordan Lynch, who rushed for 316 at Central Michigan on Oct. 19. It is the most by a running back this year.
- The 312 rushing yards sets a Hughes Stadium record, previously held by Air Force's Chad Hall (256; Oct. 13, 2007). Bibbs tied Todd Yert's four rushing touchdown game vs. Fullerton State on Sept. 16, 1989.
- Bibbs' 85-yard rush is the third-longest rush in program history, the longest since Cecil Sapp's 89-yard rush at Air Force on Nov. 11, 2000. Additionally, the 85-yard score is the longest Colorado State play from scrimmage since Sept. 20, 2003 when Bradlee Van Pelt connected with David Anderson for an 86-yard completion vs. Miami (OH).
- Bibbs has rushed for 19 touchdowns this season, tied for the second-most in school history with Steve Bartalo (1986). Calvin Branch holds the school record rushing for 21 touchdowns in 1996. The 19 touchdowns also leads all FBS rushers.
- Bibbs' 114 points this year puts him in a tie for third-most points in a single-season with Steve Bartalo in 1986. He is 18 points behind Calvin Branch (132) for the school record and four behind Jeff Babcock (118) for second-place all-time.
- On the year, Bibbs has rushed for 1,148 yards, the 10th-most single-season rushing yards all-time at CSU and the 20th single-season 1,000-yard rushing performance. It is the most rushing yards in a single-season by a CSU player since Gartrell Johnson III rushed for 1,476 yards in 2008. Bibbs is only 141 yards away from passing Kyle Bell for most rushing yards in a single-season by a sophomore running back. Furthermore, Bibbs needs to average 151.3 yards per game in the Rams' final three games to set the schools single-season rushing record. The record is currently held by Cecil Sapp who rushed for 1,601 in 2002.
- Bibbs set the school record for most consecutive games with at least three rushing TDs, after registering his fourth-consecutive game with three or more touchdowns. He has five games with at least three touchdowns in 2013, also a school record.
- In the past four games, Bibbs has rushed for 719 yards, an average of 179.8 and 12 touchdowns.
- Five wins this season is the most by CSU since the 2008 season when the Rams finished the year 7-6, including a victory vs. Fresno State in the New Mexico Bowl.
- The Colorado State offense has compiled 500-plus yards of total offense in three of its last four games. (Wyoming - 509, Boise State - 623 and Nevada - 570), four of its last six, and five times for the season.
- The Rams are now averaging 201.6 yards on the ground per game, the most since 2002 when CSU scampered for 205.7 per contest.
- The Rams' 331 total rushing yards are the most in a single-game since Dec. 20, 2008 in the New Mexico Bowl vs. Fresno State. The Rams rushed for 362 yards on 39 carries that day.
- The Rams' average yards per play of 8.9 (64-570) ranks tied for third-best in program history, tying the 1950 Colorado A&M Aggies vs. Colorado College. It is the most since CSU's 9.0 average per play vs. Fresno State on Dec. 20, 2008 in the New Mexico Bowl. Additionally, the Rams rushed for 8.9 yards per carry, which is fifth-best in CSU history.
- SR LB Shaquil Barrett raised his total for QB sacks to 9.5 with 2.0 today. Entering Saturday he ranked third in the Mountain West and 17th nationally in sacks. Barrett is only a half-sack away from cracking the top 10 in single-season sacks at Colorado State. Nordly Capi is the only defensive player at CSU to record double digit sacks this century.
- Lou Groza Award semifinalist Jared Roberts connected on all three of his field-goal attempts, tying a career high for field goals made in a single-game. On the Rams' first drive Roberts hit a 23-yarder and late in the half he hit a 46-yarder, his second-longest of the season. In the third quarter, Roberts made his final field goal, a 20-yarder. Roberts currently holds the career field goal percentage record (minimum 25 attempts) at .889., ahead of previous record-holder Jason Smith (.776 from 2005-08).
- To open the game, the Rams marched down the field and hit a 23-yard field goal to cap off a 15-play drive, which tied for their second-longest drive this season in terms of plays.
- True freshman Jake Schlager saw significant time at safety due to an injury to SO Kevin Pierre-Louis. Schlager registered a career-high 7 tackles.
- The CSU defense registered 8 tackles for loss and 4 sacks. Entering Saturday, the Rams defense averaged 5.4 tackles for loss and 2.0 sacks per game.
- SO safety Jasen Oden registered his first career start in his 21st career game at Colorado State. Additionally, Martavius Foster, a junior college transfer from East Mississippi Community College, recorded his first defensive snap midway through the second quarter. Foster is the 23rd Ram to see his first collegiate action this season.
- On Nevada's first drive, RS-SO Trent Matthews sacked Nevada QB Cody Fajardo for a loss of four yards, forcing a Wolf Pack punt. It was Matthews' first career sack.
- JR DB Bernard Blake recorded his first career forced fumble.
- SR DB Shaq Bell recorded three tackles for loss, a career high.
- Today's captains were WR Austin Gray, OL Brandon Haynes, DL Eli Edwards and DB Shaq Bell.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
New Under Armour jerseys unveiled
Colorado State Athletics unveiled its 2016 Under Armour jerseys on Wednesday.
Former CSU quarterback and athletics director...
Colorado State University and its athletics multimedia rights holder, Learfield's Rams Sports...
Training Camp Live with CSU Football coming to...
Rams fans, get ready. Training Camp Live with Colorado State Football is coming Wednesday, Aug....
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 11
The Colorado State Rams were back on the practice field Monday for their 13th session of fall...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 10
The Colorado State Rams completed their 12th practice of fall camp on Sunday afternoon, their...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 9
The Colorado State Rams wrapped up their 10th practice of fall camp on Saturday morning, marking ...
Colorado State Athletics announces “Homet...
As a company that places significant value in sense of community, Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc.,...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 8
Colorado State held its first scrimmage of fall camp on Thursday afternoon. After holding eight...