Nov. 3, 2012
- Colorado State produced a season-high 512 yards of offense today, its highest total since Oct. 30, 2010, vs. New Mexico (584 yards).
- The Rams averaged 8.8 yards per play today, easily a season high and the most by a Colorado State team since Oct. 16, 2010, vs. UNLV (8.8).
- Colorado State’s 387 passing yards are its most in a game since throwing for 387 last season vs. San Jose State (10/1/11).
- The Rams today had a 100-yard rusher (Donnell Alexander, 114) and 100-yard receiver (Thomas Coffman, 146) in the same game for the first time since Sept. 25, 2010, vs. Idaho (Raymond Carter, 104 rushing; Carter, 120 receiving).
- RS-Fr. RB Donnell Alexander made the third start of his career today and rushed for 114 yards on 20 carries. It was his first 100-yard rushing performance, and was the first by a Colorado State freshman since 1995 (Jaime Blake, 170, vs. Hawaii).
- Alexander recorded a rush of 32 yards in the first quarter, second-longest of his career and longest by a Ram in a game vs. Wyoming since 2005 (Kyle Bell, 38 yds.).
- Alexander finished the first half having already accumulated a career-high 87 rushing yards on 11 attempts, including his first career touchdown on an 11-yard run.
- RS-Fr. QB Conner Smith made his second consecutive start and threw for 326 yards and two touchdowns on 13-23 accuracy. Smith’s 326 passing yards are the most by a Ram since Pete Thomas threw for 387 vs. San Jose State on Oct. 1, 2011. It was also the highest total by a CSU freshman since Thomas topped the 300-yard mark in a 2010 game.
- Smith’s 75-yard first-quarter touchdown pass to Thomas Coffman was the longest offensive play by Colorado State since 2008 (9/20 at Houston; Billy Farris to Dion Morton).
- Smith did not play in the third quarter, but returned early in the fourth quarter, making his passing totals even more remarkable, playing just three quarters.
- Soph. WR Thomas Coffman finished the game with a career-high 146 yards on four receptions, including the aforementioned 76-yard reception from Conner Smith.
- Coffman’s 146 receiving yards were the most by a Ram since Lou Green wood had 149 vs. San Jose State on Oct. 1, 2011.
- Soph. QB Garrett Grayson started the second half for the Rams, his first game action since suffering a broken left collarbone at Air Force Sept. 29, and undergoing surgery Oct. 1. Grayson left the game, replaced by Smith, early in the fourth quarter. Grayson completed 3 of 9 passes for 61 yards, including a long of 42 to Coffman.
- Soph. WR Charles Lovett extended his streak to nine games with a pass reception, hauling in a 65-yarder from Smith in the fourth quarter. Lovett is the only Ram to have caught a pass in every game this season.
- RB Joe Brown scored a touchdown on a 3-yard rush in the fourth quarter, becoming the 16th different Rams player to score a touchdown this season. Brown finished with 18 yards rushing on 3 carries.
- Sr. WR Marquise Law caught a 41-yard pass from Smith in the second quarter, the longest pass reception of his career. That play helped set up Alexander’s 11-yard touchdown run. Law finished with 3 receptions for 59 yards.
- Soph. LB Aaron Davis made a career-high 13 tackles (8 solo) to lead the Rams.
- Jr. CB Shaq Bell recorded his first career sack in the first quarter, dropping Wyoming QB Brett Smith for an 8-yard loss. Bell finished with 5 tackles (4 solo).
- DE Lanston Tayni hit the double-figure mark in tackles for the fourth time this season, recording 10 (5 solo).
- Tanyi now has 70 tackles on the season, the most by a CSU defensive lineman since Clark Haggans had 87 in 1999.
- Fr. CB Jasen Oden recorded a career-high two tackles for loss.
- RS-Fr. LB Cory James posted two tackles for loss to raise his season total to 10. He entered the game ranked fifth in the Mountain West.
- Senior P Pete Kontodiakos entered the game ranked fourth in the nation in punting average (47.7), and averaged 47.5 yards today on four punts, including two inside the 20.
- Soph. K Jared Roberts converted his only field goal attempt (30 yards), Colorado State’s first since the Utah State game on Sept. 22. The Rams had not attempted a field goal in the four games until today.
- Roberts is now 6-7 (85.7%) for the season. He entered the game ranked second in the Mountain West in field-goal accuracy.
- Coffman and TE Austin Gillmore made their first starts of the season. Coffman started three games last season and Gillmore started one.
- CSU’s game captains today: LB James Skelton, DT Zach Tiedgen, T Joe Caprioglio and TE Kivon Cartwright.
- Colorado State won the coin toss and elected to kick off.
- The Rams, with 31 points today after scoring 42 last week, have scored 31 or more points in consecutive Mountain West Conference games for the first time since 2008. (W 38-34 at San Diego State Oct. 25; L 45-42 vs. #17 BYU Nov. 1).
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Coach Bobo names Ryan Davis football strength...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo has hired Ryan Davis to serve as the head strength ...
Mike Bobo adds Terry Fair to complete coaching ...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo has announced the hiring of Terry Fair as the Rams' ...
Mike Bobo adds Rams' newest defensive line ...
Head football coach Mike Bobo announced the hiring of Colorado State's newest defensive line...
Mike Bobo adds Bryan Applewhite to staff
On Saturday morning Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced the addition of Bryan ...
Mike Bobo retains Alvis Whitted to inaugural staff
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced on Friday afternoon that he has retained...
Mike Bobo announces the addition of three to...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Friday that he has hired Ronnie Letson to ...
CSU's Grayson, Sambrailo invited to 2015...
Colorado State quarterback Garrett Grayson and offensive lineman Ty Sambrailo have been invited...
#NextLevelRams: Gillmore, Ravens head to playoffs
Colorado State is represented by four former Rams on current NFL rosters and two players, Shaquil...