Nov. 2, 2013
- QB Garrett Grayson threw for a career-high 397 yards. It was the third time this season Grayson has thrown for over 300 yards, which ties for the fourth most 300-yard passing games in a single season. The 397 passing yards are also the 10th most in program history.
- Grayson completed 36-of-53 passes. The last CSU quarterback to attempt 50 passes was Grant Stucker (51 attempts) at BYU on Sept. 26, 2009. The 53 attempts are the second most in Colorado State history, only behind Terry Nugent’s 58 vs. UNLV on Nov. 6, 1982. The 36 pass completions set a school record.
- Grayson also rushed for 48 yards, giving him 445 yards of total offense which set a school record, held previously by Bradlee Van Pelt (416) vs. Colorado on Aug. 30, 2003. The last Ram to record 400 yards of total offense was Pete Thomas (407) vs. SJSU on Oct. 12, 2013.
- RS-SO RB Kapri Bibbs rushed for another three touchdowns Saturday vs. Boise State, marking the fourth game Bibbs has recorded three rushing touchdowns, tying a school record set by Calvin Branch in 1996.
- Bibbs now has 15 rushing touchdowns on the year, the fourth-most single-season rushing touchdowns in a single season. This is the most rushing touchdowns scored in a season since Cecil Sapp’s 17 touchdowns in 2002.
- Jared Roberts’ 47-yard field-goal attempt just before halftime hit the cross bar and bounced off, his first career miss on an attempt between 40-49 yards. He was 8-8 on such kicks in his first two seasons.
- The Rams’ offense ran a school-record 109 total plays (55 in the first half, 54 in the second). The last time CSU ran over 100 plays was on Oct. 6, 1990 vs. Utah (101 plays). The 109 offensive plays were the most in school history and second-most in Mountain West history. TCU currently holds the record, taking 111 offensive snaps at San Diego State on Nov. 24, 2007. The FBS record for most offensive plays in a game was set on Jan. 1, 2010 by Northwestern (115) vs. Auburn.
- The Rams accumulated 626 yards of total offense, tying for the third-most in program history last done vs. Tulsa in 1997. The last time a CSU offense racked up 600-plus yards of total offense was in the New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 20, 2008 vs. Fresno State (619).
- The Rams controlled time of possession, 40:00 to 20:00. The last time the Rams had the ball for 40:00 minutes was on Sept. 10, 2011 when CSU controlled the ball for 41:07.
- FR WR Rashard Higgins pulled down a career-best 10 receptions, tied for the 10th most in program history. The last CSU wide receiver to catch 10 passes in a single game was Tyson Liggett at BYU on Sept. 26, 2009.
- CSU racked up 229 rushing yards, 47 yards over the Rams’ season average of 182.0 entering Saturday. Boise State only allowed 161.1 yards on the ground in 2013 entering the contest.
- JR WR Charles Lovett hauled in seven receptions for a career-high 103 yards. Lovett scored his first touchdown of the season and third of his career.
- For the second time this season, CSU lined up for a field goal and audibled to a play with WR Joe Hansley receiving the snap. Tonight, Hansley took the snap and rushed for a gain of 5, picking up a first down. Previously, on Sept. 28, 2012 Hansley completed a 34-yard touchdown pass to Cartwright.
- TE Kivon Cartwright recorded his second career rush, a 6-yard gain on 3rd-and-7 late in the first quarter. Cartwright’s first rush came on an 8-yard touchdown vs. Utah State on Sept. 22, 2012.
- In the first quarter, RB Donnell Alexander returned a kickoff 61 yards, a career-long. It was only Alexander’s fourth career kick return and first this season.
- Today’s captains were TE Crockett Gillmore, OL Jared Biard, LB Aaron Davis and LB Max Morgan
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Higgins named candidate for Walter Camp Player ...
College football’s watch list season concluded on Friday, with Colorado State junior...
Limited tickets remain for Rams at the Rockies ...
Colorado State University is taking over Coors Field on Saturday, Aug. 15, for the Colorado...
Matthews recognized for community involvement
Senior Trent Matthews was recognized for his community involvement, being named to the Wuerfell...
Higgins named to Biletnikoff Award watch list
2014 Biletnikoff Award finalist Rashard Higgins, who led the NCAA FBS in yards, touchdowns and...
James selected to Butkus Award Watch List
Senior Cory James was named to the Butkus Award Watch List on Tuesday, an award which annually...
Matthews named to Jim Thorpe Award watch list
Colorado State senior Trent Matthews was recognized as one of the top defensive backs in the...
Hunt selected to Ray Guy Award Watch List
The Augusta Sports Council named Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt to its 2015 Ray Guy Award...
CSU's Cartwright, Walker named to John...
CSU was one of two schools nationally to have multiple players named to the 2015 John Mackey...