Nov. 2, 2013
- QB Garrett Grayson threw for a career-high 397 yards. It was the third time this season Grayson has thrown for over 300 yards, which ties for the fourth most 300-yard passing games in a single season. The 397 passing yards are also the 10th most in program history.
- Grayson completed 36-of-53 passes. The last CSU quarterback to attempt 50 passes was Grant Stucker (51 attempts) at BYU on Sept. 26, 2009. The 53 attempts are the second most in Colorado State history, only behind Terry Nugent’s 58 vs. UNLV on Nov. 6, 1982. The 36 pass completions set a school record.
- Grayson also rushed for 48 yards, giving him 445 yards of total offense which set a school record, held previously by Bradlee Van Pelt (416) vs. Colorado on Aug. 30, 2003. The last Ram to record 400 yards of total offense was Pete Thomas (407) vs. SJSU on Oct. 12, 2013.
- RS-SO RB Kapri Bibbs rushed for another three touchdowns Saturday vs. Boise State, marking the fourth game Bibbs has recorded three rushing touchdowns, tying a school record set by Calvin Branch in 1996.
- Bibbs now has 15 rushing touchdowns on the year, the fourth-most single-season rushing touchdowns in a single season. This is the most rushing touchdowns scored in a season since Cecil Sapp’s 17 touchdowns in 2002.
- Jared Roberts’ 47-yard field-goal attempt just before halftime hit the cross bar and bounced off, his first career miss on an attempt between 40-49 yards. He was 8-8 on such kicks in his first two seasons.
- The Rams’ offense ran a school-record 109 total plays (55 in the first half, 54 in the second). The last time CSU ran over 100 plays was on Oct. 6, 1990 vs. Utah (101 plays). The 109 offensive plays were the most in school history and second-most in Mountain West history. TCU currently holds the record, taking 111 offensive snaps at San Diego State on Nov. 24, 2007. The FBS record for most offensive plays in a game was set on Jan. 1, 2010 by Northwestern (115) vs. Auburn.
- The Rams accumulated 626 yards of total offense, tying for the third-most in program history last done vs. Tulsa in 1997. The last time a CSU offense racked up 600-plus yards of total offense was in the New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 20, 2008 vs. Fresno State (619).
- The Rams controlled time of possession, 40:00 to 20:00. The last time the Rams had the ball for 40:00 minutes was on Sept. 10, 2011 when CSU controlled the ball for 41:07.
- FR WR Rashard Higgins pulled down a career-best 10 receptions, tied for the 10th most in program history. The last CSU wide receiver to catch 10 passes in a single game was Tyson Liggett at BYU on Sept. 26, 2009.
- CSU racked up 229 rushing yards, 47 yards over the Rams’ season average of 182.0 entering Saturday. Boise State only allowed 161.1 yards on the ground in 2013 entering the contest.
- JR WR Charles Lovett hauled in seven receptions for a career-high 103 yards. Lovett scored his first touchdown of the season and third of his career.
- For the second time this season, CSU lined up for a field goal and audibled to a play with WR Joe Hansley receiving the snap. Tonight, Hansley took the snap and rushed for a gain of 5, picking up a first down. Previously, on Sept. 28, 2012 Hansley completed a 34-yard touchdown pass to Cartwright.
- TE Kivon Cartwright recorded his second career rush, a 6-yard gain on 3rd-and-7 late in the first quarter. Cartwright’s first rush came on an 8-yard touchdown vs. Utah State on Sept. 22, 2012.
- In the first quarter, RB Donnell Alexander returned a kickoff 61 yards, a career-long. It was only Alexander’s fourth career kick return and first this season.
- Today’s captains were TE Crockett Gillmore, OL Jared Biard, LB Aaron Davis and LB Max Morgan
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Bobo names Nick Stevens as Rams' starting...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced on Monday that redshirt sophomore Nick...
Albertsons/Safeway announces title sponsorship ...
Albertsons/Safeway, in association with the Colorado State University and the University of...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Scrimmage 1
Colorado State put what it has been working on into action Saturday, hosting a 90-minute, 100-pla...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 8
Colorado State held practices No. 9 and 10 on Friday, the team’s final prep before its...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 7
Midway through practice No. 8, the Rams were forced to move inside due to lightning in the area. ...
Colorado State unveils reseating plan for new...
Colorado State University on Wednesday unveiled its reseating plan – which offers lots of...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 6
Colorado State was re-energized Wednesday morning, its second practice in pads and the first two-...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 5
The Colorado State football team put on pads for the first time Tuesday, but with the full...