Oct. 19, 2013
- The 52 points scored on Saturday is the most by a Colorado State team vs. Wyoming since Oct. 14, 1922 when the Rams traveled to Laramie and defeated the Cowboys 60-0.
- The Rams’ 52 points scored vs. Wyoming on Saturday is the most points scored against a conference opponent since Oct. 8, 2003 at BYU (58-13).
- CSU has twice eclipsed 50 points in a game this season: Sept. 28 vs. UTEP (59) and today at Wyoming (52). The last time a Rams team scored 50 or more points in two or more games in a single season was 1997. CSU scored 63 points on Oct. 4 vs. Hawai'i and 55 on Oct. 11 at San Jose State.
- The last time CSU defeated a conference opponent by more than 30 points was on Oct. 16, 2010 vs. UNLV (43-10).
- RS-SO RB Kapri Bibbsset career highs with 29 rushes for 201 yards (6.9) and three touchdowns. It was Bibbs’ second-career 100-yard rushing game.
- His three touchdowns tie a career high previously set on Sept. 28 vs. UTEP.
- The 201 yards on the ground is the most by a CSU rusher since Nov. 26, 2011 when Chris Nwoke racked up 269 rushing yards vs. Air Force.
- JR QB Garrett Grayson opened the game with eight consecutive completions for 103 yards and a TD before his first incompletion when he tried to complete a deep pass across the middle to Crockett Gillmore on 3rd-and-15.
- Grayson finished the game completing 18-of-23 passes for 219 and three touchdowns, which ties a career high.
- Grayson has now thrown three touchdown passes in three straight games. The last CSU quarterback to accomplish this feat was Terry Nugent in 1982, who also threw three touchdowns in three consecutive games.
- Grayson completed a 24-yard touchdown pass to Kivon Cartwright for the Rams’ first score. Cartwright, a candidate for the John Mackey Award, has now scored five touchdowns in the past three games.
- Senior DL Curtis Wilson recorded a career-high two sacks. He now has four sacks in his career.
- The Rams racked up 290 yards rushing on Saturday vs. the Cowboys. This is the highest rushing total by a Rams team since Nov. 26, 2011 vs. Air Force (321).
- Colorado State’s opening 4-play, 75-yard drive was the Rams’ second-longest drive of the season in terms of yardage gained.
- On a fourth-down play in the second quarter, soph. DB Trent Matthews intercepted a Brett Smith pass. It was Matthews’ third pick of the season and fourth of his career. Three interceptions on the season is tied for the most by a Ram since 2009 when Nick Oppenneer and Elijah Blu-Smith both intercepted three passes. Additionally, Ben Stratton in 2003 picked off four passes.
- JR Austin Gray, converted to wide receiver after spending his first two collegiate seasons at safety, pulled in his first career reception, a 22-yard TD in the third quarter.
- SR LB Shaquil Barrett, a candidate for the Bronko Nagurski Award, recorded his third career interception. Barrett now has one interception each season since transferring to Colorado State in 2010.
- On the ensuing drive, Alexander made a spectacular one-handed grab for a 34-yard touchdown. It was Alexander’s first receiving touchdown of his career and tied his career high with two total touchdowns in a game.
- Colorado State had four scoring drives that lasted less than one minute. Just before the end of the first half the Rams marched down the field in 52 seconds and Lou Groza Award candidate Jared Roberts hit a 45-yard field goal. On the Rams’ opening drive of the second half they scored in just 32 seconds. Early in the fourth quarter, Kapri Bibbs rushed for a 59-yard touchdown in nine seconds, the Rams’ quickest scoring drive of the year. Finally, the Rams scored their final touchdown after a 34-second drive.
- The Cowboys entered Saturday averaging 518.8 of total offensive yards per game. The Rams defense limited Wyoming to 416 yards (165 – rushing, 251 – passing).
- Wyoming came into the game averaging 37.7 points per game, the third-highest average in the Mountain West. Colorado State’s defense held the Cowboys to only 7 points in the first half, the Cowboys’ lowest first half total of the season and 22 in the game.
- Today’s captains were LB Ken Hulbert, WR Charles Lovett, TE Joe McKay and LB Steven Michel.
- Defensively the Rams had two first-time starters. Tyree Simmons, a freshman defensive back from Gardena, Calif., and DL Terry Jackson a junior college transfer from Coffeyville Community College.
- Registering his first collegiate action was redshirt-freshmen DL Johnny Schupp, OL Fred Zerblis, and OL Sam Carlson. QB Conner Smith played for the first time this season.
- LB Deonte Clyburn, a freshman linebacker who registered his first career start at home vs. UTEP, returned after injuring his knee vs. UTEP and missing the next two games.
Football Game Notes: Colorado State at Boise...
On Saturday, Sept. 6, the Rams will travel to Boise, Idaho to take on Boise State, a team CSU has...
CSU's Hart, Roberts earn weekly Mountain...
On Monday morning the Mountain West named running back Dee Hart the Mountain West Offensive...
Football recap: Rams win Rocky Mountain...
The Colorado State football team scored 24 unanswered points Friday to come from behind and beat ...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Colorado, Aug. 29
Colorado State opens its season tonight in the 86th meeting against in-state rival Colorado....
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs....
The Rams and Buffaloes have met 85 times, starting in 1893, and every season since 1995. It is...
Coors Light Jim McElwain Coach's Show...
The Coors Light Jim McElwain Coach's Show debuts on Wednesday, Aug. 27 at 6:30 p.m., on the home ...
Rams wrap up Fall Camp on Thursday
The Colorado State football program wrapped up its third Fall Camp under Head Coach Jim McElwain ...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 16
Colorado State is reaching the home stretch of Fall Camp, and Wednesday's morning practice marked...