Oct. 13, 2012
- Redshirt-freshman QB Conner Smith replaced injured starter M.J. McPeek in the second quarter, taking the first snaps of his collegiate career.
- Smith completed his first 11 passes, and finished the game 18-of-22 (.818) for 165 yards.
- During the first drive of his collegiate career, Smith connected on seven consecutive passes to five different receivers. In total, Smith’s 18 completions went to 11 different receivers for the Rams.
- Freshman running back Tommey Morris scored his first career touchdown on a 1-yard run with 9:47 to play in the fourth quarter.
- Morris finished the game as the Rams’ second-leading rusher, behind Chris Nwoke (59 yards) picking up 37 yards on just seven carries, an impressive average of 5.3 yards per touch.
- Morris’ touchdown capped a drive that was set up by a 73-yard kickoff return from sophomore wide receiver Thomas Coffman. That return was the longest by a Ram since Derek Goode’s 74-yard return vs. UNLV on Oct. 16, 2010.
- Senior QB M.J. McPeek directed Colorado State to a touchdown on its opening possession, just the second time this season the Rams have scored on their initial drive. The other occurrence came vs. North Dakota State on Sept. 8.
- With his touchdown pass to tight end Kivon Cartwright, McPeek has thrown for a score in each of his three career games, and three games in a row.
- Cartwright caught his second touchdown pass of the season in the first quarter to tie three others for the team lead (Charles Lovett, Crockett Gillmore and Dominique Vinson).
- The Rams have scored a touchdown by pass in every game this season (Garrett Grayson in games 1-4, McPeek in games 5-7).
- On that initial drive McPeek scrambled for first downs on back-to-back third-down situations, for the two longest runs of his career: 15 and 13 yards.
- WR Marquise Law caught a pass for the sixth game in a row.
- Law finished the game with a single-game career-best mark of six receptions, accounting for 63 yards, his second highest yardage total of the season.
- S Connor Roggy, a sophomore from Greeley (Colo.) West High School, made his first career start, at free safety.
- CSU’s game captains today: Wide receiver Dominique Vinson, G Jordan Gragert, LB Aaron Davis, DL Curtis Wilson.
- San Diego State won the toss and elected to receive.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Bobo announces 26-member signing class
Colorado State head coach Mike Bobo welcomed his third signing class on Wednesday, bringing 26...
Veteran QB can’t wait for 2017 CSU season
The look of confidence on Nick Stevens’ face is unmistakable. It is born of experience, and...
Davis accepts invitation to NFL Combine
On Tuesday, it was announced that former Colorado State linebacker Kevin Davis will be joining...
Hunt invited to participate in NFL Combine
Former Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt received an invitation to participate in the NFL Combine...
Signing Day Live to feature #NextLevelRams...
Signing Day Live will feature special guests Shaquil Barrett (Denver Broncos) and Cory James (Oak...
New season ticket requests accepted beginning...
New season ticket requests for the highly-anticipated inaugural campaign in Colorado State...
Rocky Mountain Showdown moved to Friday, Sept. ...
The first game of Colorado State’s 2017 football season is now one day closer. The Pac-12...
Colorado State and Arizona announce home-and-ho...
Colorado State and Pac-12 Conference member Arizona jointly announced today a home-and-home...