Oct. 13, 2012
- Redshirt-freshman QB Conner Smith replaced injured starter M.J. McPeek in the second quarter, taking the first snaps of his collegiate career.
- Smith completed his first 11 passes, and finished the game 18-of-22 (.818) for 165 yards.
- During the first drive of his collegiate career, Smith connected on seven consecutive passes to five different receivers. In total, Smith’s 18 completions went to 11 different receivers for the Rams.
- Freshman running back Tommey Morris scored his first career touchdown on a 1-yard run with 9:47 to play in the fourth quarter.
- Morris finished the game as the Rams’ second-leading rusher, behind Chris Nwoke (59 yards) picking up 37 yards on just seven carries, an impressive average of 5.3 yards per touch.
- Morris’ touchdown capped a drive that was set up by a 73-yard kickoff return from sophomore wide receiver Thomas Coffman. That return was the longest by a Ram since Derek Goode’s 74-yard return vs. UNLV on Oct. 16, 2010.
- Senior QB M.J. McPeek directed Colorado State to a touchdown on its opening possession, just the second time this season the Rams have scored on their initial drive. The other occurrence came vs. North Dakota State on Sept. 8.
- With his touchdown pass to tight end Kivon Cartwright, McPeek has thrown for a score in each of his three career games, and three games in a row.
- Cartwright caught his second touchdown pass of the season in the first quarter to tie three others for the team lead (Charles Lovett, Crockett Gillmore and Dominique Vinson).
- The Rams have scored a touchdown by pass in every game this season (Garrett Grayson in games 1-4, McPeek in games 5-7).
- On that initial drive McPeek scrambled for first downs on back-to-back third-down situations, for the two longest runs of his career: 15 and 13 yards.
- WR Marquise Law caught a pass for the sixth game in a row.
- Law finished the game with a single-game career-best mark of six receptions, accounting for 63 yards, his second highest yardage total of the season.
- S Connor Roggy, a sophomore from Greeley (Colo.) West High School, made his first career start, at free safety.
- CSU’s game captains today: Wide receiver Dominique Vinson, G Jordan Gragert, LB Aaron Davis, DL Curtis Wilson.
- San Diego State won the toss and elected to receive.
Blake a nominee for Allstate AFCA Good Works Team
When it comes to volunteering in the community, Colorado State senior cornerback Bernard Blake...
Higgins earns spot on Biletnikoff Award...
Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard Higgins has earned preseason recognition from the ...
Aaron Davis earns preseason watch list...
Colorado State senior linebacker Aaron Davis was named Monday to the preseason watch list for the...
Sambrailo named to Rotary Lombardi Award Watch ...
Colorado State senior offensive tackle Ty Sambrailo continues to garner significant preseason...
Former Colorado A&M great Hughes to be...
Former Colorado A&M coach and athletic director Harry Hughes will be inducted into the Rocky...
Colorado State announces 2013-14 student-athlet...
Colorado State Athletics announced Friday the recipients of the department's annual awards for...
Football non-conference schedule for 2015...
With just 49 days remaining before the Colorado State football team begins its 2014 season, the...
Grayson completes day one at Manning Passing...
Thursday marked the first day of the 19th annual Manning Passing Academy, a four-day camp hosting...