Oct. 13, 2012
- Redshirt-freshman QB Conner Smith replaced injured starter M.J. McPeek in the second quarter, taking the first snaps of his collegiate career.
- Smith completed his first 11 passes, and finished the game 18-of-22 (.818) for 165 yards.
- During the first drive of his collegiate career, Smith connected on seven consecutive passes to five different receivers. In total, Smith’s 18 completions went to 11 different receivers for the Rams.
- Freshman running back Tommey Morris scored his first career touchdown on a 1-yard run with 9:47 to play in the fourth quarter.
- Morris finished the game as the Rams’ second-leading rusher, behind Chris Nwoke (59 yards) picking up 37 yards on just seven carries, an impressive average of 5.3 yards per touch.
- Morris’ touchdown capped a drive that was set up by a 73-yard kickoff return from sophomore wide receiver Thomas Coffman. That return was the longest by a Ram since Derek Goode’s 74-yard return vs. UNLV on Oct. 16, 2010.
- Senior QB M.J. McPeek directed Colorado State to a touchdown on its opening possession, just the second time this season the Rams have scored on their initial drive. The other occurrence came vs. North Dakota State on Sept. 8.
- With his touchdown pass to tight end Kivon Cartwright, McPeek has thrown for a score in each of his three career games, and three games in a row.
- Cartwright caught his second touchdown pass of the season in the first quarter to tie three others for the team lead (Charles Lovett, Crockett Gillmore and Dominique Vinson).
- The Rams have scored a touchdown by pass in every game this season (Garrett Grayson in games 1-4, McPeek in games 5-7).
- On that initial drive McPeek scrambled for first downs on back-to-back third-down situations, for the two longest runs of his career: 15 and 13 yards.
- WR Marquise Law caught a pass for the sixth game in a row.
- Law finished the game with a single-game career-best mark of six receptions, accounting for 63 yards, his second highest yardage total of the season.
- S Connor Roggy, a sophomore from Greeley (Colo.) West High School, made his first career start, at free safety.
- CSU’s game captains today: Wide receiver Dominique Vinson, G Jordan Gragert, LB Aaron Davis, DL Curtis Wilson.
- San Diego State won the toss and elected to receive.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
CSU Rams Gameday: Football at UTSA, Sept. 26
The Colroado State football team travels outside of the state of Colorado for the first time this...
Colorado State Athletics announces 2015 Hall of...
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – Colorado State and CSU Athletics, in conjunction with the Ram Alumni ...
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update
A weekly update of Colorado State University's #NextLevelRams across the NFL.
Rams’ game at Utah State on Oct. 3 will...
The Mountain West, ESPN and Utah State announced today that Colorado State’s Oct. 3...
CSU Rams notes: Football at UTSA, Sept. 26
The Rams and Roadrunners will meet for the first time on the gridiron Saturday. CSU will be...
CSU Rams recap: Football drops 2nd consecutive ...
Despite holding an early 14-0 lead, the Colorado State football team couldn't hold on, falling to...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Colorado, Sept. 19
Colorado State head coach Mike Bobo prepares for his first Rocky Mountain Showdown, and he's...
The Grind | Stay The Course
The Colorado State Rams face adversity for the first time during the 2015 season while playing...