Oct. 13, 2012
- Redshirt-freshman QB Conner Smith replaced injured starter M.J. McPeek in the second quarter, taking the first snaps of his collegiate career.
- Smith completed his first 11 passes, and finished the game 18-of-22 (.818) for 165 yards.
- During the first drive of his collegiate career, Smith connected on seven consecutive passes to five different receivers. In total, Smith’s 18 completions went to 11 different receivers for the Rams.
- Freshman running back Tommey Morris scored his first career touchdown on a 1-yard run with 9:47 to play in the fourth quarter.
- Morris finished the game as the Rams’ second-leading rusher, behind Chris Nwoke (59 yards) picking up 37 yards on just seven carries, an impressive average of 5.3 yards per touch.
- Morris’ touchdown capped a drive that was set up by a 73-yard kickoff return from sophomore wide receiver Thomas Coffman. That return was the longest by a Ram since Derek Goode’s 74-yard return vs. UNLV on Oct. 16, 2010.
- Senior QB M.J. McPeek directed Colorado State to a touchdown on its opening possession, just the second time this season the Rams have scored on their initial drive. The other occurrence came vs. North Dakota State on Sept. 8.
- With his touchdown pass to tight end Kivon Cartwright, McPeek has thrown for a score in each of his three career games, and three games in a row.
- Cartwright caught his second touchdown pass of the season in the first quarter to tie three others for the team lead (Charles Lovett, Crockett Gillmore and Dominique Vinson).
- The Rams have scored a touchdown by pass in every game this season (Garrett Grayson in games 1-4, McPeek in games 5-7).
- On that initial drive McPeek scrambled for first downs on back-to-back third-down situations, for the two longest runs of his career: 15 and 13 yards.
- WR Marquise Law caught a pass for the sixth game in a row.
- Law finished the game with a single-game career-best mark of six receptions, accounting for 63 yards, his second highest yardage total of the season.
- S Connor Roggy, a sophomore from Greeley (Colo.) West High School, made his first career start, at free safety.
- CSU’s game captains today: Wide receiver Dominique Vinson, G Jordan Gragert, LB Aaron Davis, DL Curtis Wilson.
- San Diego State won the toss and elected to receive.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Spring Notebook: Practice 2
The Rams have finished their first week of spring practice under first-year head coach Mike Bobo,...
Colorado State holds annual Pro Day
Seven former Rams who graduated in 2014 worked out in front of 37 NFL scouts representing all 32 ...
Spring Notebook: Rams football completes first ...
Colorado State opened its first football spring practice under first-year head coach Mike Bobo on...
Ram Good Time Auction sees record fundraising...
Supporters of Colorado State Athletics came through with a record-breaking performance Saturday...
Rams, Bobo ready for spring ball, practice...
First-year head football coach Mike Bobo and the Colorado State Rams begin spring practice on...
Football Pro Day set for March 11 at CSU
After one of the best football seasons in Colorado State history, it's no surprise that a number ...
CSU's Grayson invited to Jon Gruden QB Camp
Colorado State quarterback Garrett Grayson has been invited to the sixth annual Jon Gruden...
CSU football team to hold spring scrimmage at...
Colorado State University and the Denver Broncos announced Tuesday that the Rams' football...