Oct. 13, 2012
- Redshirt-freshman QB Conner Smith replaced injured starter M.J. McPeek in the second quarter, taking the first snaps of his collegiate career.
- Smith completed his first 11 passes, and finished the game 18-of-22 (.818) for 165 yards.
- During the first drive of his collegiate career, Smith connected on seven consecutive passes to five different receivers. In total, Smith’s 18 completions went to 11 different receivers for the Rams.
- Freshman running back Tommey Morris scored his first career touchdown on a 1-yard run with 9:47 to play in the fourth quarter.
- Morris finished the game as the Rams’ second-leading rusher, behind Chris Nwoke (59 yards) picking up 37 yards on just seven carries, an impressive average of 5.3 yards per touch.
- Morris’ touchdown capped a drive that was set up by a 73-yard kickoff return from sophomore wide receiver Thomas Coffman. That return was the longest by a Ram since Derek Goode’s 74-yard return vs. UNLV on Oct. 16, 2010.
- Senior QB M.J. McPeek directed Colorado State to a touchdown on its opening possession, just the second time this season the Rams have scored on their initial drive. The other occurrence came vs. North Dakota State on Sept. 8.
- With his touchdown pass to tight end Kivon Cartwright, McPeek has thrown for a score in each of his three career games, and three games in a row.
- Cartwright caught his second touchdown pass of the season in the first quarter to tie three others for the team lead (Charles Lovett, Crockett Gillmore and Dominique Vinson).
- The Rams have scored a touchdown by pass in every game this season (Garrett Grayson in games 1-4, McPeek in games 5-7).
- On that initial drive McPeek scrambled for first downs on back-to-back third-down situations, for the two longest runs of his career: 15 and 13 yards.
- WR Marquise Law caught a pass for the sixth game in a row.
- Law finished the game with a single-game career-best mark of six receptions, accounting for 63 yards, his second highest yardage total of the season.
- S Connor Roggy, a sophomore from Greeley (Colo.) West High School, made his first career start, at free safety.
- CSU’s game captains today: Wide receiver Dominique Vinson, G Jordan Gragert, LB Aaron Davis, DL Curtis Wilson.
- San Diego State won the toss and elected to receive.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams wide receiver Higgins named to Walter Camp...
Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard Higgins, who leads the nation with 149.1 receiving...
Las Vegas Bowl Game Notes: Colorado State vs....
Colorado State (10-2, 6-2 MW) face former conference foe Utah (8-4, 5-4 Pac-12) in the 2014 Royal...
CSU football team continues to bring national...
The outstanding performance of the 2014 Colorado State football team continues to bring national ...
Colorado State accepts invitation to 2014 Royal...
The Colorado State Rams have accepted an invitation to play in the 2014 Royal Purple Las Vegas...
Rams vote on season captains for 2014
For the third consecutive year, Colorado State had four game captains that rotated week-to-week. ...
Grayson named finalist for the Manning Award
Colorado State senior quarterback Garrett Grayson has been named a finalist for the Manning Award...
Rams place 15 on All-Mountain West teams
On Tuesday morning the Mountain West announced its all-conference selections and four Rams earned...
CSU Coach McElwain named Mountain West Coach of...
Colorado State head coach Jim McElwain has been named Mountain West Coach of the Year after...