Oct. 13, 2012
- Redshirt-freshman QB Conner Smith replaced injured starter M.J. McPeek in the second quarter, taking the first snaps of his collegiate career.
- Smith completed his first 11 passes, and finished the game 18-of-22 (.818) for 165 yards.
- During the first drive of his collegiate career, Smith connected on seven consecutive passes to five different receivers. In total, Smith’s 18 completions went to 11 different receivers for the Rams.
- Freshman running back Tommey Morris scored his first career touchdown on a 1-yard run with 9:47 to play in the fourth quarter.
- Morris finished the game as the Rams’ second-leading rusher, behind Chris Nwoke (59 yards) picking up 37 yards on just seven carries, an impressive average of 5.3 yards per touch.
- Morris’ touchdown capped a drive that was set up by a 73-yard kickoff return from sophomore wide receiver Thomas Coffman. That return was the longest by a Ram since Derek Goode’s 74-yard return vs. UNLV on Oct. 16, 2010.
- Senior QB M.J. McPeek directed Colorado State to a touchdown on its opening possession, just the second time this season the Rams have scored on their initial drive. The other occurrence came vs. North Dakota State on Sept. 8.
- With his touchdown pass to tight end Kivon Cartwright, McPeek has thrown for a score in each of his three career games, and three games in a row.
- Cartwright caught his second touchdown pass of the season in the first quarter to tie three others for the team lead (Charles Lovett, Crockett Gillmore and Dominique Vinson).
- The Rams have scored a touchdown by pass in every game this season (Garrett Grayson in games 1-4, McPeek in games 5-7).
- On that initial drive McPeek scrambled for first downs on back-to-back third-down situations, for the two longest runs of his career: 15 and 13 yards.
- WR Marquise Law caught a pass for the sixth game in a row.
- Law finished the game with a single-game career-best mark of six receptions, accounting for 63 yards, his second highest yardage total of the season.
- S Connor Roggy, a sophomore from Greeley (Colo.) West High School, made his first career start, at free safety.
- CSU’s game captains today: Wide receiver Dominique Vinson, G Jordan Gragert, LB Aaron Davis, DL Curtis Wilson.
- San Diego State won the toss and elected to receive.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Green and Gold Spring Game
Quotes from head coach Mike Bobo after Saturday's annual Green and Gold Spring Game
Mini plans, group tickets on sale for 2015...
Colorado State Athletics is excited to announce that football mini-plan packages and group...
Annual Green and Gold Spring Game set for Saturday
The Colorado State football team will play its annual Green and Gold Spring Game on Saturday,...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 12
The Colorado State football program began its final week of spring camp on Tuesday afternoon, the...
Ten Rams earn Academic All-Colorado recognition...
The Colorado Chapter of the National Football Foundation released its Academic All-Colorado team ...
CB & Potts to donate percentage of all...
Before spring football began, graduate assistant Ricky Santo was diagnosed with Hodgkin's...
Rams scrimmage at Dove Valley on Saturday
Colorado State and head coach Mike Bobo took the second spring scrimmage down south to Dove...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 10
Head coach Mike Bobo and his staff have treated this week like a game week, as the Rams prepare...