Oct. 13, 2012
- Redshirt-freshman QB Conner Smith replaced injured starter M.J. McPeek in the second quarter, taking the first snaps of his collegiate career.
- Smith completed his first 11 passes, and finished the game 18-of-22 (.818) for 165 yards.
- During the first drive of his collegiate career, Smith connected on seven consecutive passes to five different receivers. In total, Smith’s 18 completions went to 11 different receivers for the Rams.
- Freshman running back Tommey Morris scored his first career touchdown on a 1-yard run with 9:47 to play in the fourth quarter.
- Morris finished the game as the Rams’ second-leading rusher, behind Chris Nwoke (59 yards) picking up 37 yards on just seven carries, an impressive average of 5.3 yards per touch.
- Morris’ touchdown capped a drive that was set up by a 73-yard kickoff return from sophomore wide receiver Thomas Coffman. That return was the longest by a Ram since Derek Goode’s 74-yard return vs. UNLV on Oct. 16, 2010.
- Senior QB M.J. McPeek directed Colorado State to a touchdown on its opening possession, just the second time this season the Rams have scored on their initial drive. The other occurrence came vs. North Dakota State on Sept. 8.
- With his touchdown pass to tight end Kivon Cartwright, McPeek has thrown for a score in each of his three career games, and three games in a row.
- Cartwright caught his second touchdown pass of the season in the first quarter to tie three others for the team lead (Charles Lovett, Crockett Gillmore and Dominique Vinson).
- The Rams have scored a touchdown by pass in every game this season (Garrett Grayson in games 1-4, McPeek in games 5-7).
- On that initial drive McPeek scrambled for first downs on back-to-back third-down situations, for the two longest runs of his career: 15 and 13 yards.
- WR Marquise Law caught a pass for the sixth game in a row.
- Law finished the game with a single-game career-best mark of six receptions, accounting for 63 yards, his second highest yardage total of the season.
- S Connor Roggy, a sophomore from Greeley (Colo.) West High School, made his first career start, at free safety.
- CSU’s game captains today: Wide receiver Dominique Vinson, G Jordan Gragert, LB Aaron Davis, DL Curtis Wilson.
- San Diego State won the toss and elected to receive.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Friend named Broyles Award nominee for 2nd year...
For the second consecutive season, Colorado State offensive coordinator Will Friend is a nominee ...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: San Diego State
Brian Roth and Mark Driscoll of the CSU Rams Radio Network break down last Saturday's #FarewellHu...
Game Notes: CSU football at San Diego State,...
Coming off of a bowl-clinching victory over New Mexico, the Rams travel to San Diego State to...
Recap: Rams honor Hughes with bowl-clinching...
In the 262nd and final game at Hughes Stadium, the Colorado State Rams beat the New Mexico...
CSU renames South Drive in honor of Harry Hughes
The name of the football coach who won the most games in Colorado State University history is...
Gameday: CSU football vs. New Mexico, Nov. 19
Seeking bowl eligibility, CSU will face New Mexico in the 262nd and final game ever to be played ...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: New Mexico
Colorado State hosts New Mexico Saturday evening in the 262nd and final game ever at Hughes...
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 10
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...