Oct. 13, 2012
- Redshirt-freshman QB Conner Smith replaced injured starter M.J. McPeek in the second quarter, taking the first snaps of his collegiate career.
- Smith completed his first 11 passes, and finished the game 18-of-22 (.818) for 165 yards.
- During the first drive of his collegiate career, Smith connected on seven consecutive passes to five different receivers. In total, Smith’s 18 completions went to 11 different receivers for the Rams.
- Freshman running back Tommey Morris scored his first career touchdown on a 1-yard run with 9:47 to play in the fourth quarter.
- Morris finished the game as the Rams’ second-leading rusher, behind Chris Nwoke (59 yards) picking up 37 yards on just seven carries, an impressive average of 5.3 yards per touch.
- Morris’ touchdown capped a drive that was set up by a 73-yard kickoff return from sophomore wide receiver Thomas Coffman. That return was the longest by a Ram since Derek Goode’s 74-yard return vs. UNLV on Oct. 16, 2010.
- Senior QB M.J. McPeek directed Colorado State to a touchdown on its opening possession, just the second time this season the Rams have scored on their initial drive. The other occurrence came vs. North Dakota State on Sept. 8.
- With his touchdown pass to tight end Kivon Cartwright, McPeek has thrown for a score in each of his three career games, and three games in a row.
- Cartwright caught his second touchdown pass of the season in the first quarter to tie three others for the team lead (Charles Lovett, Crockett Gillmore and Dominique Vinson).
- The Rams have scored a touchdown by pass in every game this season (Garrett Grayson in games 1-4, McPeek in games 5-7).
- On that initial drive McPeek scrambled for first downs on back-to-back third-down situations, for the two longest runs of his career: 15 and 13 yards.
- WR Marquise Law caught a pass for the sixth game in a row.
- Law finished the game with a single-game career-best mark of six receptions, accounting for 63 yards, his second highest yardage total of the season.
- S Connor Roggy, a sophomore from Greeley (Colo.) West High School, made his first career start, at free safety.
- CSU’s game captains today: Wide receiver Dominique Vinson, G Jordan Gragert, LB Aaron Davis, DL Curtis Wilson.
- San Diego State won the toss and elected to receive.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Limited tickets remain for Rams at the Rockies ...
Colorado State University is taking over Coors Field on Saturday, Aug. 15, for the Colorado...
Matthews recognized for community involvement
Senior Trent Matthews was recognized for his community involvement, being named to the Wuerfell...
Higgins named to Biletnikoff Award watch list
2014 Biletnikoff Award finalist Rashard Higgins, who led the NCAA FBS in yards, touchdowns and...
James selected to Butkus Award Watch List
Senior Cory James was named to the Butkus Award Watch List on Tuesday, an award which annually...
Matthews named to Jim Thorpe Award watch list
Colorado State senior Trent Matthews was recognized as one of the top defensive backs in the...
Hunt selected to Ray Guy Award Watch List
The Augusta Sports Council named Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt to its 2015 Ray Guy Award...
CSU's Cartwright, Walker named to John...
CSU was one of two schools nationally to have multiple players named to the 2015 John Mackey...
CSU's Higgins named to Maxwell Award watch list
CSU wide receiver Rashard Higgins was named to the Maxwell Award watch list on Tuesday morning,...