Oct. 13, 2012
- Redshirt-freshman QB Conner Smith replaced injured starter M.J. McPeek in the second quarter, taking the first snaps of his collegiate career.
- Smith completed his first 11 passes, and finished the game 18-of-22 (.818) for 165 yards.
- During the first drive of his collegiate career, Smith connected on seven consecutive passes to five different receivers. In total, Smith’s 18 completions went to 11 different receivers for the Rams.
- Freshman running back Tommey Morris scored his first career touchdown on a 1-yard run with 9:47 to play in the fourth quarter.
- Morris finished the game as the Rams’ second-leading rusher, behind Chris Nwoke (59 yards) picking up 37 yards on just seven carries, an impressive average of 5.3 yards per touch.
- Morris’ touchdown capped a drive that was set up by a 73-yard kickoff return from sophomore wide receiver Thomas Coffman. That return was the longest by a Ram since Derek Goode’s 74-yard return vs. UNLV on Oct. 16, 2010.
- Senior QB M.J. McPeek directed Colorado State to a touchdown on its opening possession, just the second time this season the Rams have scored on their initial drive. The other occurrence came vs. North Dakota State on Sept. 8.
- With his touchdown pass to tight end Kivon Cartwright, McPeek has thrown for a score in each of his three career games, and three games in a row.
- Cartwright caught his second touchdown pass of the season in the first quarter to tie three others for the team lead (Charles Lovett, Crockett Gillmore and Dominique Vinson).
- The Rams have scored a touchdown by pass in every game this season (Garrett Grayson in games 1-4, McPeek in games 5-7).
- On that initial drive McPeek scrambled for first downs on back-to-back third-down situations, for the two longest runs of his career: 15 and 13 yards.
- WR Marquise Law caught a pass for the sixth game in a row.
- Law finished the game with a single-game career-best mark of six receptions, accounting for 63 yards, his second highest yardage total of the season.
- S Connor Roggy, a sophomore from Greeley (Colo.) West High School, made his first career start, at free safety.
- CSU’s game captains today: Wide receiver Dominique Vinson, G Jordan Gragert, LB Aaron Davis, DL Curtis Wilson.
- San Diego State won the toss and elected to receive.
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 13
The Rams wrapped up their second week of Fall Camp on Saturday with an afternoon practice just...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 12
The fourth of seven two-a-days is underway, as the Rams completed their 14th practice of Fall...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 11
For the second time this Fall Camp, the Colorado State football team was forced into the indoor...
Grayson named to Manning Award watch list
With Colorado State's season-opener only 15 days away, senior quarterback Garrett Grayson's name ...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 9
Tuesday was the first scrimmage of Fall Camp at Hughes Stadium, which means the players were back...
Rams complete 104-play scrimmage on Tuesday
On Tuesday afternoon the Rams completed a 104-play scrimmage in which Head Coach Jim McElwain ran...
2014 Fall Camp notebook: Day 7
The Colorado State football program completed its eighth practice of Fall Camp on Monday morning,...
Colorado State University and Jim McElwain sign...
Colorado State University and head football coach Jim McElwain have finalized a new contract that...