Oct. 12, 2013
- Saturday’s attendance of 26,022 is the largest for a game at Hughes Stadium since Oct. 15, 2011 vs. Boise State (30,027).
- Saturday’s loss to SJSU snapped a five-game home win streak, the longest since 2007-08. It also snapped a three-game home Mountain West win streak, which was the longest since 2005.
- DL Josh Lovingood registered his first career start. He is the third true freshman to start for Colorado State this season joining WR Rashard Higgins and LB Deonte Clyburn.
- SO WR Charles Lovett, who missed the first five games with a knee injury, entered the game on the Rams’ first drive today. Lovett finished the game with four receptions receptions for 49 yards. He now has a catch in 13-straight games he has played in. His last game without a catch was Nov. 19, 2011 vs. TCU.
- JR QB Garrett Grayson connected with SR TE Crockett Gillmore for a 15-yard touchdown on the Rams’ first drive of the game. It was Gillmore’s first touchdown of the season. He became the fifth different Ram to catch a touchdown pass this season.
- On its first drive, CSU marched down the field and scored in seven plays. In all three home games this season, the Rams have scored touchdowns on their first drive, and have done so in four consecutive home games dating back to last season.
- Tight ends Gillmore and Kivon Cartwright combined for eight receptions for 167 yards and three touchdowns. Gillmore led the Rams with five receptions for 76 yards and Cartwright had three catches for a career-high 91 yards and two touchdowns, which tied a career-best.
- Grayson finished Saturday throwing for a career-best 310 yards and three touchdowns, which tied a career-high.
- Grayson became the first Colorado State quarterback to throw for 300 yards in back-to-back games since 2010 when Pete Thomas threw for 305 yards at Miami Ohio and 386 at home vs. Idaho.
- Grayson hit JR TE Kivon Cartwright for a 50-yard touchdown to put the Rams up 17-10 with 2:30 left in the half and a 35-yard score just 1 minute and 28 second later (at 1:02). The 50-yard reception is a career-long for Cartwright, and the two TDs give him four in the last two games.
- DL Terry Jackson returned after missing the past two games with concussion-like symptoms.
- DB Trent Matthews picked off SJSU’s David Fales in the end zone. The interception, which ended the Spartans 66-yard drive, was Matthews’ second interception of the season and the third of his career.
- Early in the second quarter, SJSU QB David Fales connected with RB Jarrod Lawson for an 83-yard touchdown. It is the longest touchdown pass given up by a CSU defense since Nov. 17, 2001 at New Mexico. QB Casey Kelly hit Dwight Counter for an 85-yard touchdown.
- JR kicker Jared Roberts connected on 27- and 47-yard field goal. In his career, Roberts has a field goal percentage of 90.5% (19-21), which is the second-highest nationally among active kickers.
- The drive that resulted in a 27-yard Roberts field goal was CSU’s longest drive of the season in terms of plays and time (16-7:15). It is the longest scoring drive since Dec. 3, 2011 vs. Wyoming (16-7:27).
- On their first possession of the second half, San Jose State methodically worked its way down the field and scored after a 7:16 drive. It is the longest drive of the season for a CSU opponent.
- SO RB Kapri Bibbs has back-to-back games with a rush of 30 yards or longer. He is the first Rams running back to accomplish this feat since Chris Nwoke in 2011. On Oct. 29 at UNLV, Nwoke rushed for a long of 38 and the next game, Nov. 12 vs. San Diego State, he scampered for a 67-yard touchdown.
- The Rams’ defense recorded six tackles for loss. Entering the game, CSU averaged 5.4 tackles for loss per game.
- LB Aaron Davis recorded his first career forced fumble, forcing the Spartans into a fourth and goal. Davis also tied a career best with 13 tackles.
- LB Max Morgan set a career high with 14 tackles (six solo).
- Today’s captains were LB Nu’uvali Fa’apito, QB Garrett Grayson, LB Cory James and OL Ty Sambrailo
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Football adds Geoff Martzen as director of...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Friday the hire of Geoff Martzen as the...
Bobo announces first signing class
First-year head coach Mike Bobo announced the addition of 13 new signees, his first signing class...
2015 National Signing Day
Wednesday is National Signing Day and Rams fans have numerous ways to follow along.
Football public signing day event set for Feb. ...
The Colorado State football program invites fans to join the excitement of next Wednesday's...
CSU's Davis accepts invitation to NFL...
Colorado State linebacker Aaron Davis has accepted an invitation to the 2015 NFL Scouting Combine...
CSU's Hart, Roberts accept invitations to NFL...
Colorado State running back Dee Hart and kicker Jared Roberts have accepted invitations to the...
Higgins travels to New Haven for Walter Camp...
On Jan. 15, soon-to-be junior wide receiver Rashard Higgins arrived in New Haven, Conn., for a...
Hart, Roberts accept postseason all-star invites
Colorado State senior kicker Jared Roberts and junior running back Dee Hart have accepted...