Oct. 6, 2012
- Senior QB M.J. McPeek made his first collegiate start tonight and completed 15 of 29 passes for 192 yards and a touchdown, and was sacked four times.
- McPeek has thrown at least one touchdown pass in each of his career games played (2 last week at Air Force in relief of injured starter Garrett Grayson).
- Senior DE Lanston Tanyi had a career-high 12 tackles (2 solo), including a half-sack, and another shared tackle-for-loss (1.0 total TFL). His 12 tackles are the most by a Rams defensive lineman since Guy Miller had 12 in 2009 vs. Air Force (10/31), and only exceeded since 2005 by Jake Pottorff’s 16 at Houston in 2007 (9/22).
- Tanyi’s shared sack was first as a Ram, combining with DE Broderick Sargent to bring down Fresno State QB Derek Carr.
- Sargent earned a share of a sack for the first time since Sept. 25, 2010 (vs. Idaho). He had two for the season in 2010 and now has 2.5 for his career.
- Soph. LB Aaron Davis tied Tanyi with a game-high 12 tackles, including 10 solo. The 10 solos are the most by a CSU player since Shaq Bell had 10 at Nevada in 2010 (9/11).
- Sophomore WR Thomas Coffman’s 37-yard kickoff return in the first quarter was his career long and tied for second-longest this year for CSU behind Lee Clubb’s 41-yard return last week at Air Force. Others with 37-yard kickoff returns for CSU this season: Donnell Alexander vs. Colorado (9/1) and Jasen Oden vs. North Dakota State (9/8).
- Coffman had a career-best 91 kickoff return yards for the game, most by a Ram since Derek Good had 191 yards vs. Air Force on 11/26/11.
- Coffman’s 29-yard reception in the fourth quarter was his longest since a 46-yarder Oc.t 15, 2011 vs. Boise State.
- Sophomore WR Charles Lovett had two rushing attempts tonight, the fifth and sixth of his career.
- Lovett caught four passes for 32 yards (8.0) and a TD in the fourth quarter to give him at least one reception in every game this season.
- Lovett’s TD was his second of the season, and his career.
- RB Chris Nwoke's 14-yard carries in the 2nd and 3rd quarters were his two longest this season.
- Nwoke's 68 rushing yards were his highest total of the season, and his 15 carries were most by a Ram in a game this year.
- Senior P Pete Kontodiakos matched a season high (3rd time) with two punts placed inside the 20, among his five total for the night (41.2 avg.).
- Freshman RB Donnell Alexander recorded the longest reception of his career in the 4th quarter (37 yards).
- Freshman CB Jasen Oden recorded his second career forced fumble in the third quarter.
- Freshman LB Kevin Davis made his first career start and recorded the first pass breakup of his career.
- In the first half the CSU defense twice forced Fresno State to turn the ball over on downs. The Rams last made two fourth-down stops in a game in the 2012 opener vs. Colorado (9/1).
- Fresno State's 112 penalty yards were the most for a CSU opponent since Colorado had 114 penalty yards on Sept. 17, 2011.
- Sophomore DB Conner Roggy recorded his first career pass break-up in the 3rd quarter.
- The Rams had a punt blocked in the first half, its first since 10/15/11 vs. Boise St.
- Colorado State used two key pass-breakups on the opening Fresno State possession (CB Shaq Bell, S Trent Matthews), and the Bulldogs turned the ball over on downs. It was the second time this season the Rams held an opponent scoreless on the opening possession, and first time since the season opener vs. Colorado.
- Fresno State entered the game ranked 15th in the nation offensively in yards per game (512.8) and finished with 408 yards on 85 plays (4.8 yds. per play). The Bulldogs, who came into the game averaging 41.8 points per game, 16th in the nation), scored 28 points.
- The Rams were shut out in the first half for the second time this season. Utah State led CSU 17-0 at halftime Sept. 22, en route to a 31-19 victory.
- Tonight’s attendance of 25,814 was Colorado State’s highest of the season at the Hughes Stadium, and highest in the last six games, dating back to last season (30,027, vs. Boise State, 10/15/11).
- CSU’s game captains today: Quarterback M.J. McPeek, T Joe Caprioglio, CB Bernard Blake, DT Alex Tucci.
- Fresno State won the toss and elected to defer. CSU chose to receive.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Coach Bobo names Ryan Davis football strength...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo has hired Ryan Davis to serve as the head strength ...
Mike Bobo adds Terry Fair to complete coaching ...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo has announced the hiring of Terry Fair as the Rams' ...
Mike Bobo adds Rams' newest defensive line ...
Head football coach Mike Bobo announced the hiring of Colorado State's newest defensive line...
Mike Bobo adds Bryan Applewhite to staff
On Saturday morning Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced the addition of Bryan ...
Mike Bobo retains Alvis Whitted to inaugural staff
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced on Friday afternoon that he has retained...
Mike Bobo announces the addition of three to...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Friday that he has hired Ronnie Letson to ...
CSU's Grayson, Sambrailo invited to 2015...
Colorado State quarterback Garrett Grayson and offensive lineman Ty Sambrailo have been invited...
#NextLevelRams: Gillmore, Ravens head to playoffs
Colorado State is represented by four former Rams on current NFL rosters and two players, Shaquil...