Sept. 22, 2012
- Junior cornerback Shaq Bell had a big night for the Rams' defense with an interception, forced fumble and fumble recovery. His interception came in the third quarter with CSU trailing 17-3 and led to a field goal. Bell had his forced fumble in the third quarter. His recovery came in the second quarter and was the third fumble recovery of his career, first since Oct. 22, 2011, at UTEP.
- Bell is the first Ram with two takeaways in a game since linebacker Mychal Sisson had a fumble recovery and an interception Nov. 6, 2011, at San Diego State.
- Sophomore wide receiver Charles Lovett caught a career-high seven passes for 64 yards, one week after setting his previous career high with five at San Jose State (99 yards). He has 12 receptions for 163 yards in his last two games after recording just seven receptions for 53 yards for his career through the first two games of 2012.
- Lovett's seven receptions tonight are the most by a Rams player since the 2011 season-opener when tight end Joe Brown also had 7.
- Senior wide receiver Marquise Law hauled in his first career touchdown reception on a career long 29-yard toss from Garrett Grayson in the fourth quarter. Law finished with career highs for receptions (4) and receiving yards (76) for an average of 19.0 yards per catch. He entered the game with three receptions for 30 yards on the season.
- Freshman running back Tommey Morris had runs of 33 (third quarter) and 27 yards (second quarter) in the game. His 33-yarder was the fourth-longest play from scrimmage for Colorado State this season and second-longest rush. He entered the game with just 2 net yards on five carries in his true freshman season, before recorded the best rushing game by a Ram this season, with 76 yards on 8 carries (9.5).
- Morris' 76 rushing yards are the most by a Rams freshman since Chris Nwoke rushed for 98 yards on Oct. 30, 2010, vs. New Mexico.
- Sophomore quarterback Garrett Grayson threw two touchdowns without throwing an interception tonight, improving his TD/INT ratio to 7/2 for the season in 127 attempts. With just two interceptions through four games this season (an INT percentage of 1.6), Grayson is the first Rams starting quarterback have so few interceptions through the season's first four games since 1985 (Kelly Stouffer).
- Sophomore kicker Jared Roberts connected on 28- and 31-yard field goals in the third quarter for Colorado State's first six points of the night. Roberts , who earned a scholarship Aug. 23, 2012, is 5-6 on field goals for the year.
- RS-Freshman linebacker Cory James tied the Colorado State freshman sack record when he registered his fifth sack of the season in the first half. James dropped Utah State quarterback Chuckie Keeton for a 6-yard loss on a 1-and-10 play in the 2nd quarter.
- P Pete Kontodiakos unleashed a 50-yard punt in the first quarter, marking the fifth consecutive game with a punt of 50 yards or longer. Kontodiakos entered the game ranked sixth in the nation and on pace for the best single-season punting average (46.8). He averaged 45.2 yards on 5 first-half punts.
- Sophomore tight end Kivon Cartwright who caught one pass for 9 yards, also recorded a rushing attempt for 8 yards in the third quarter. It was the first time he had run the ball from scrimmage since his sophomore year at Pueblo (Colo.) South High School. The last Rams tight end to register a rushing attempt was Kory Sperry (also from Pueblo), on Oct. 4, 2008, vs. UNLV.
- During the week CSU wide receivers coach Alvis Whitted told the media one thing the offensive coaching staff emphasized was getting the ball in the hands of playmakers like freshman wide receiver/punt returner Joe Hansley. Illustrating that, the Rams went to Hansley on three of the first four plays of the game: Two rushes--one from the wildcat formation--and one pass. Hansley finished with three carries for 15 yards, three receptions for 35 yards and one punt return for 1 yard.
- Colorado State's 91-yard touchdown drive in the fourth quarter (pass to Marquise Law) tonight was its longest scoring drive since Oct. 16, 2010 (2-94) vs. UNLV. The earlier 15-play drive that culminated in a Dominique Vinson touchdown reception was the Rams' longest in terms of plays this season.
- With a season-high six offensive plays of 20 or more yards tonight, the Rams have 15 for the season.
- Freshman cornerback Jasen Oden forced a Utah State fumble late in the first half inside the Rams' 5-yard line. It was the first forced fumble of Oden's career.
CSU's game captains today: WR Charles Lovett, QB Garrett Grayson, DE Lanston Tanyi & LB Davis Burl.
- Tonight's attendance was 23,374. Through two home dates Colorado State's average home attendance is 23,471.
- Utah State won the toss and elected to defer. CSU received kickoff and defended north goal.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Wyoming, Oct. 25
The Rams (6-1, 2-1 MW), who are coming off a come-from-behind victory vs. Utah State, will host...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. Wyoming...
On Saturday, Oct. 25, the Colorado State Rams (6-1, 2-1 MW) will host the Wyoming Cowboys....
CSU kicker named Mountain West Special Teams...
Colorado State senior kicker Jared Roberts was named Mountain West Special Teams player of the...
Football recap: Rams complete thrilling 16-13...
In its first sellout since Oct. 22, 2004 vs. Wyoming, the Colorado State Rams (6-1, 2-1 MW) gave ...
Postgame Quotes -- Colorado State football vs. Utah State - October 18, 2014 - Sonny Lubick Field...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Utah State, Oct. 18
On Saturday, Oct. 18, Colorado State (5-1, 1-1 MW) will host defending MW Mountain Division...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. Utah...
On Saturday, Oct. 18, Colorado State will play host to Utah State in the annual Homecoming game. ...
Football Recap: Rams withstand Wolf Pack for...
Behind record-breaking performances from senior quarterback Garrett Grayson and sophomore wide...