Sep 8, 2013
Tulsa 30, Colorado State 27
COLORADO STATE POSTGAME NOTES
• Saturday’s attendance was 22,875.
• Saturday’s captains were OL Jared Biard, DB Bernard Blake, LB Aaron Davis and TE Crockett Gillmore.
• Temperature at kickoff was 98 degrees, making Saturday the hottest game Colorado State has played in at least 13 years.
• The Rams started two freshmen wide receivers with Jordon Vaden (redshirt) and Rashard Higgins. Saturday was Vaden’s first career start.
o Vaden registered his first career touchdown as Garrett Grayson connected with him from 19 yards out.
• In the first quarter, redshirt-freshman Danny Nwosu blocked a Golden Hurricane punt. It was recovered by sophomore Kevin Davis and returned to the two-yard line.
o This was Colorado State’s first blocked punt since Sept. 17, 2011 when Joe McKay got a hand on a Colorado punt during the Rocky Mountain Showdown.
• McKay registered his first career catch when he hauled in a two-yard touchdown pass from junior quarterback Garrett Grayson in the first quarter. It was Grayson’s first TD pass of the season.
o Earlier in the first quarter, McKay recovered his first career fumble during a punt return that was knocked loose by freshman Jake Schlager.
• Schlager’s forced fumble was the first of his career.
• Late in the first quarter, sophomore running back Kapri Bibbs broke off a career-long 42 yard rush.
o In one drive, Bibbs set a career-high with 72 rushing yards. His previous best game was 70 yards against Colorado on Sept. 1, 2013. |
• Jared Roberts connected on 25- and 45-yard field goals in the second quarter, his ninth and 10th consecutive made field goal. His last miss came in the 2012 home-opener against North Dakota State (Sept. 8, 2012).
• Grayson has registered his fourth career game with multiple passing touchdowns.
• Sophomore DL Joe Kawulok registered his first career sack, forcing the Golden Hurricane to punt.
• The Golden Hurricane faced a third-and-one in the third quarter, but freshman DL Austin Berk dragged down the running back for his first career tackle for loss.
• During the third quarter, Grayson connected with Vaden for a 52-yard gain, the longest pass play of the year.
o Senior RB Chris Nwoke finished off the drive with a one-yard touchdown, his 13th career rushing TD, giving the Rams a 27-17 lead.
• Max Morgan tied a career-high with eight solo tackles.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Wyoming, Oct. 25
The Rams (6-1, 2-1 MW), who are coming off a come-from-behind victory vs. Utah State, will host...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. Wyoming...
On Saturday, Oct. 25, the Colorado State Rams (6-1, 2-1 MW) will host the Wyoming Cowboys....
CSU kicker named Mountain West Special Teams...
Colorado State senior kicker Jared Roberts was named Mountain West Special Teams player of the...
Football recap: Rams complete thrilling 16-13...
In its first sellout since Oct. 22, 2004 vs. Wyoming, the Colorado State Rams (6-1, 2-1 MW) gave ...
Postgame Quotes -- Colorado State football vs. Utah State - October 18, 2014 - Sonny Lubick Field...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Utah State, Oct. 18
On Saturday, Oct. 18, Colorado State (5-1, 1-1 MW) will host defending MW Mountain Division...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. Utah...
On Saturday, Oct. 18, Colorado State will play host to Utah State in the annual Homecoming game. ...
Football Recap: Rams withstand Wolf Pack for...
Behind record-breaking performances from senior quarterback Garrett Grayson and sophomore wide...