Sep 8, 2013
Tulsa 30, Colorado State 27
COLORADO STATE POSTGAME NOTES
• Saturday’s attendance was 22,875.
• Saturday’s captains were OL Jared Biard, DB Bernard Blake, LB Aaron Davis and TE Crockett Gillmore.
• Temperature at kickoff was 98 degrees, making Saturday the hottest game Colorado State has played in at least 13 years.
• The Rams started two freshmen wide receivers with Jordon Vaden (redshirt) and Rashard Higgins. Saturday was Vaden’s first career start.
o Vaden registered his first career touchdown as Garrett Grayson connected with him from 19 yards out.
• In the first quarter, redshirt-freshman Danny Nwosu blocked a Golden Hurricane punt. It was recovered by sophomore Kevin Davis and returned to the two-yard line.
o This was Colorado State’s first blocked punt since Sept. 17, 2011 when Joe McKay got a hand on a Colorado punt during the Rocky Mountain Showdown.
• McKay registered his first career catch when he hauled in a two-yard touchdown pass from junior quarterback Garrett Grayson in the first quarter. It was Grayson’s first TD pass of the season.
o Earlier in the first quarter, McKay recovered his first career fumble during a punt return that was knocked loose by freshman Jake Schlager.
• Schlager’s forced fumble was the first of his career.
• Late in the first quarter, sophomore running back Kapri Bibbs broke off a career-long 42 yard rush.
o In one drive, Bibbs set a career-high with 72 rushing yards. His previous best game was 70 yards against Colorado on Sept. 1, 2013. |
• Jared Roberts connected on 25- and 45-yard field goals in the second quarter, his ninth and 10th consecutive made field goal. His last miss came in the 2012 home-opener against North Dakota State (Sept. 8, 2012).
• Grayson has registered his fourth career game with multiple passing touchdowns.
• Sophomore DL Joe Kawulok registered his first career sack, forcing the Golden Hurricane to punt.
• The Golden Hurricane faced a third-and-one in the third quarter, but freshman DL Austin Berk dragged down the running back for his first career tackle for loss.
• During the third quarter, Grayson connected with Vaden for a 52-yard gain, the longest pass play of the year.
o Senior RB Chris Nwoke finished off the drive with a one-yard touchdown, his 13th career rushing TD, giving the Rams a 27-17 lead.
• Max Morgan tied a career-high with eight solo tackles.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Hunt invited to participate in NFL Combine
Former Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt received an invitation to participate in the NFL Combine...
Signing Day Live to feature #NextLevelRams...
Signing Day Live will feature special guests Shaquil Barrett (Denver Broncos) and Cory James (Oak...
New season ticket requests accepted beginning...
New season ticket requests for the highly-anticipated inaugural campaign in Colorado State...
Rocky Mountain Showdown moved to Friday, Sept. ...
The first game of Colorado State’s 2017 football season is now one day closer. The Pac-12...
Colorado State and Arizona announce home-and-ho...
Colorado State and Pac-12 Conference member Arizona jointly announced today a home-and-home...
CSU’s Signing Day Live webstream...
Rams fans, get ready. National Signing Day will again be delivered to you on Feb. 1 when the...
3 Rams selected to postseason all-star games
A trio of former Colorado State standouts will take part in college all-star games this month....
College Gridirons of Colorado
This is the first of a five-part series exploring the history of Colorado State football at...