Sep 8, 2013
Tulsa 30, Colorado State 27
COLORADO STATE POSTGAME NOTES
• Saturday’s attendance was 22,875.
• Saturday’s captains were OL Jared Biard, DB Bernard Blake, LB Aaron Davis and TE Crockett Gillmore.
• Temperature at kickoff was 98 degrees, making Saturday the hottest game Colorado State has played in at least 13 years.
• The Rams started two freshmen wide receivers with Jordon Vaden (redshirt) and Rashard Higgins. Saturday was Vaden’s first career start.
o Vaden registered his first career touchdown as Garrett Grayson connected with him from 19 yards out.
• In the first quarter, redshirt-freshman Danny Nwosu blocked a Golden Hurricane punt. It was recovered by sophomore Kevin Davis and returned to the two-yard line.
o This was Colorado State’s first blocked punt since Sept. 17, 2011 when Joe McKay got a hand on a Colorado punt during the Rocky Mountain Showdown.
• McKay registered his first career catch when he hauled in a two-yard touchdown pass from junior quarterback Garrett Grayson in the first quarter. It was Grayson’s first TD pass of the season.
o Earlier in the first quarter, McKay recovered his first career fumble during a punt return that was knocked loose by freshman Jake Schlager.
• Schlager’s forced fumble was the first of his career.
• Late in the first quarter, sophomore running back Kapri Bibbs broke off a career-long 42 yard rush.
o In one drive, Bibbs set a career-high with 72 rushing yards. His previous best game was 70 yards against Colorado on Sept. 1, 2013. |
• Jared Roberts connected on 25- and 45-yard field goals in the second quarter, his ninth and 10th consecutive made field goal. His last miss came in the 2012 home-opener against North Dakota State (Sept. 8, 2012).
• Grayson has registered his fourth career game with multiple passing touchdowns.
• Sophomore DL Joe Kawulok registered his first career sack, forcing the Golden Hurricane to punt.
• The Golden Hurricane faced a third-and-one in the third quarter, but freshman DL Austin Berk dragged down the running back for his first career tackle for loss.
• During the third quarter, Grayson connected with Vaden for a 52-yard gain, the longest pass play of the year.
o Senior RB Chris Nwoke finished off the drive with a one-yard touchdown, his 13th career rushing TD, giving the Rams a 27-17 lead.
• Max Morgan tied a career-high with eight solo tackles.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Green and Gold Spring Game
Quotes from head coach Mike Bobo after Saturday's annual Green and Gold Spring Game
Mini plans, group tickets on sale for 2015...
Colorado State Athletics is excited to announce that football mini-plan packages and group...
Annual Green and Gold Spring Game set for Saturday
The Colorado State football team will play its annual Green and Gold Spring Game on Saturday,...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 12
The Colorado State football program began its final week of spring camp on Tuesday afternoon, the...
Ten Rams earn Academic All-Colorado recognition...
The Colorado Chapter of the National Football Foundation released its Academic All-Colorado team ...
CB & Potts to donate percentage of all...
Before spring football began, graduate assistant Ricky Santo was diagnosed with Hodgkin's...
Rams scrimmage at Dove Valley on Saturday
Colorado State and head coach Mike Bobo took the second spring scrimmage down south to Dove...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 10
Head coach Mike Bobo and his staff have treated this week like a game week, as the Rams prepare...