Sep 8, 2013
Tulsa 30, Colorado State 27
COLORADO STATE POSTGAME NOTES
• Saturday’s attendance was 22,875.
• Saturday’s captains were OL Jared Biard, DB Bernard Blake, LB Aaron Davis and TE Crockett Gillmore.
• Temperature at kickoff was 98 degrees, making Saturday the hottest game Colorado State has played in at least 13 years.
• The Rams started two freshmen wide receivers with Jordon Vaden (redshirt) and Rashard Higgins. Saturday was Vaden’s first career start.
o Vaden registered his first career touchdown as Garrett Grayson connected with him from 19 yards out.
• In the first quarter, redshirt-freshman Danny Nwosu blocked a Golden Hurricane punt. It was recovered by sophomore Kevin Davis and returned to the two-yard line.
o This was Colorado State’s first blocked punt since Sept. 17, 2011 when Joe McKay got a hand on a Colorado punt during the Rocky Mountain Showdown.
• McKay registered his first career catch when he hauled in a two-yard touchdown pass from junior quarterback Garrett Grayson in the first quarter. It was Grayson’s first TD pass of the season.
o Earlier in the first quarter, McKay recovered his first career fumble during a punt return that was knocked loose by freshman Jake Schlager.
• Schlager’s forced fumble was the first of his career.
• Late in the first quarter, sophomore running back Kapri Bibbs broke off a career-long 42 yard rush.
o In one drive, Bibbs set a career-high with 72 rushing yards. His previous best game was 70 yards against Colorado on Sept. 1, 2013. |
• Jared Roberts connected on 25- and 45-yard field goals in the second quarter, his ninth and 10th consecutive made field goal. His last miss came in the 2012 home-opener against North Dakota State (Sept. 8, 2012).
• Grayson has registered his fourth career game with multiple passing touchdowns.
• Sophomore DL Joe Kawulok registered his first career sack, forcing the Golden Hurricane to punt.
• The Golden Hurricane faced a third-and-one in the third quarter, but freshman DL Austin Berk dragged down the running back for his first career tackle for loss.
• During the third quarter, Grayson connected with Vaden for a 52-yard gain, the longest pass play of the year.
o Senior RB Chris Nwoke finished off the drive with a one-yard touchdown, his 13th career rushing TD, giving the Rams a 27-17 lead.
• Max Morgan tied a career-high with eight solo tackles.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Strong sales for premium seating options in...
Demand for premium seating options inside Colorado State University's new on-campus stadium has...
Season review: CSU has winning season, goes...
The Colorado State football team posted its third consecutive winning season in 2015, going 7-6...
6 Rams will compete in all-star games this month
Several Colorado State football players are participating in postseason all-star games over the...
Marty English to be new Colorado State...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Friday that Marty English will be the Rams...
#NextLevelRams: Regular Season Recap
Colorado State was represented by nine former Rams affiliated with NFL teams at the conclusion of...
CSU launches seat, parking selection website
Colorado State University Athletics has partnered with Ballena Technologies, the industry leader ...
Football recap: Late touchdown lifts Nevada...
Colorado State amassed 532 total yards and Rashard Higgins became the school’s all-time...
Arizona Bowl Blog: Rams put final touches on...
Colorado State held its final tuneup Monday, holding a walk through and meeting with the media...