Sep 1, 2013
- Attendance for the 85th renewal of the Rocky Mountain Showdown was 59,601.
- Today’s captains were LB Shaquil Barrett, TE Kivon Cartwright, DB Trent Matthews and OL Weston Richburg.
- Garrett Grayson made his ninth career start for Colorado State after a quarterback battle that wasn’t settled until Sunday. He finished 22-of-39 for 201 yards with no touchdowns and no interception.
- Several Rams saw their first career action on Sunday: DL Austin Berk, RB Kapri Bibbs, LB Deonte Clyburn, WR Rashard Higgins, P Hayden Hunt, DL Terry Jackson, DL LaRyan King, LB Danny Nwosu, RB Davon Riddick, WR Robert Ruiz, S Jake Schlager and WR Jordon Vaden. Four are true freshmen (Berk, Clyburn, Higgins and Schlager).
- Late in the second quarter Kapri Bibbs ran the ball in from seven yards out for his first career touchdown. Bibbs added on with a second touchdown to give the Rams their only lead of the game, 24-23, with 2:51 to play in the third quarter.
- Freshman wide receiver Rashard Higgins hauled in his first reception midway through the third quarter and finished with 6 catches for 57 yards, including a long of 22.
- Freshman punter Hayden Hunt booted his third career punt 59 yards and on the final play of the third quarter Hunt boomed a 69-yard punt from the back of his own end zone. In his first collegiate game Hunt averaged 49.7 yards per punt on 7 attempts.
- Connor Wood’s first-quarter 82-yard TD pass to Paul Richardson was the longest pass play against the Rams since Aug. 30, 2003 when Colorado’s Joel Klatt connected with Derek McCoy for an 82-yard score.
- Sophomore linebacker Kevin Davis returned to action for Colorado State after tearing his ACL on Oct. 27, 2012 on the opening kickoff against Hawai’i.
- Late in the first quarter junior quarterback Garrett Grayson connected on a 40-yard pass to sophomore wide receiver Joe Hansley. The 40-yard catch was the longest reception of Hansley’s career.
- Hansley hauled in a team-high eight receptions for 91 yards. The eight receptions represent a career high for Hansley. His previous best came in the season finale in 2012 against New Mexico.
- After the Rams defense forced a three-and-out on Colorado’s second-half opening drive, Hansley returned the punt 74 yards for a score. The last time Colorado State returned a punt for a touchdown was Sept. 30, 2006 at Fresno State by Damon Morton (58 yards). Hansley’s 74-yard return is the second-longest of his career, with his longest coming at home against Hawai’i on Oct. 27, 2012 (76 yards).
- Junior kicker Jared Roberts continues his success against Colorado, hitting a 39-yard field goal early in the second quarter and followed it up with a 30-yarder with 3:47 left in the fourth quarter. Against the Buffaloes in his career, Roberts is 5-for-5 with all field goals coming from 30 yards and out.
- Jared Roberts has now connected on eight consecutive kicks. His last miss came in the 2012 home-opener against North Dakota State.
- Safety Kevin Pierre-Louis racked up a career-high 15 tackles. His previous high was six tackles at Boise State on Nov. 17, 2012.
- Bernard Blake’s 11 tackles set a career high. Previous high was seven vs. UNLV on Nov. 10, 2012.
- Cory James’ nine tackles set a career high. Previous high was eight at San Jose State on Sept. 15, 2012.
- Thomas Coffman 84-yard kickoff return, which set up the Rams at CU’s 16-yard line, the longest since Aug. 31, 2008 by John Mosure vs. Colorado (90 yards). The Rams ended up scoring a touchdown and taking their first lead of the game.
- Austin Gray saw his first collegiate action at wide receiver. Gray has spent his first two seasons playing safety for Colorado State, where he registered 88 tackles.
- Shaquil Barrett tallied a career-high 3.5 tackles for loss on Sunday. His previous high was 1.5 tackles for loss vs. North Dakota State on Sept. 8, 2012.
- The Tackle Hunger Food Drive—a collaboration between the two universities—raised more than $3,000 Sunday. The proceeds will go to the Food Bank for Larimer County, Community Food Share of Boulder and Broomfield and Food Bank of the Rockies in Denver.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Game Notes: CSU football vs. Wyoming, Oct. 1
The Rams and Cowboys will play for the 107th time on Saturday (in addition to a 1899 Wyoming...
Recap: Comeback bid falls short as Rams take 31...
The Colorado State Rams saw their fourth-quarter comeback bid fall just short on Saturday...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football at Minnesota, Sept. 24
Colorado State looks to extend its win streak to three games on Saturday, traveling to Minnesota ...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: Minnesota
Brian Roth and Kevin McGlue of the CSU Rams Radio Network preview Saturday's non-conference...
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 2
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...
Game Notes: CSU football at Minnesota, Sept. 24
After back-to-back wins, CSU will make its first road trip of the season this week, traveling to ...
Rams' Oct. 1 game vs. Wyoming will kick off at ...
Colorado State's Oct. 1 Border War football game against Wyoming will kick off at 8:15 p.m. MT...
Recap: Hill's historic debut leads Rams to Ag...
FORT COLLINS, Colo. - The Colorado State Rams improved to 2-1 on the season with a 41-27 win over...