Sep 1, 2013
- Attendance for the 85th renewal of the Rocky Mountain Showdown was 59,601.
- Today’s captains were LB Shaquil Barrett, TE Kivon Cartwright, DB Trent Matthews and OL Weston Richburg.
- Garrett Grayson made his ninth career start for Colorado State after a quarterback battle that wasn’t settled until Sunday. He finished 22-of-39 for 201 yards with no touchdowns and no interception.
- Several Rams saw their first career action on Sunday: DL Austin Berk, RB Kapri Bibbs, LB Deonte Clyburn, WR Rashard Higgins, P Hayden Hunt, DL Terry Jackson, DL LaRyan King, LB Danny Nwosu, RB Davon Riddick, WR Robert Ruiz, S Jake Schlager and WR Jordon Vaden. Four are true freshmen (Berk, Clyburn, Higgins and Schlager).
- Late in the second quarter Kapri Bibbs ran the ball in from seven yards out for his first career touchdown. Bibbs added on with a second touchdown to give the Rams their only lead of the game, 24-23, with 2:51 to play in the third quarter.
- Freshman wide receiver Rashard Higgins hauled in his first reception midway through the third quarter and finished with 6 catches for 57 yards, including a long of 22.
- Freshman punter Hayden Hunt booted his third career punt 59 yards and on the final play of the third quarter Hunt boomed a 69-yard punt from the back of his own end zone. In his first collegiate game Hunt averaged 49.7 yards per punt on 7 attempts.
- Connor Wood’s first-quarter 82-yard TD pass to Paul Richardson was the longest pass play against the Rams since Aug. 30, 2003 when Colorado’s Joel Klatt connected with Derek McCoy for an 82-yard score.
- Sophomore linebacker Kevin Davis returned to action for Colorado State after tearing his ACL on Oct. 27, 2012 on the opening kickoff against Hawai’i.
- Late in the first quarter junior quarterback Garrett Grayson connected on a 40-yard pass to sophomore wide receiver Joe Hansley. The 40-yard catch was the longest reception of Hansley’s career.
- Hansley hauled in a team-high eight receptions for 91 yards. The eight receptions represent a career high for Hansley. His previous best came in the season finale in 2012 against New Mexico.
- After the Rams defense forced a three-and-out on Colorado’s second-half opening drive, Hansley returned the punt 74 yards for a score. The last time Colorado State returned a punt for a touchdown was Sept. 30, 2006 at Fresno State by Damon Morton (58 yards). Hansley’s 74-yard return is the second-longest of his career, with his longest coming at home against Hawai’i on Oct. 27, 2012 (76 yards).
- Junior kicker Jared Roberts continues his success against Colorado, hitting a 39-yard field goal early in the second quarter and followed it up with a 30-yarder with 3:47 left in the fourth quarter. Against the Buffaloes in his career, Roberts is 5-for-5 with all field goals coming from 30 yards and out.
- Jared Roberts has now connected on eight consecutive kicks. His last miss came in the 2012 home-opener against North Dakota State.
- Safety Kevin Pierre-Louis racked up a career-high 15 tackles. His previous high was six tackles at Boise State on Nov. 17, 2012.
- Bernard Blake’s 11 tackles set a career high. Previous high was seven vs. UNLV on Nov. 10, 2012.
- Cory James’ nine tackles set a career high. Previous high was eight at San Jose State on Sept. 15, 2012.
- Thomas Coffman 84-yard kickoff return, which set up the Rams at CU’s 16-yard line, the longest since Aug. 31, 2008 by John Mosure vs. Colorado (90 yards). The Rams ended up scoring a touchdown and taking their first lead of the game.
- Austin Gray saw his first collegiate action at wide receiver. Gray has spent his first two seasons playing safety for Colorado State, where he registered 88 tackles.
- Shaquil Barrett tallied a career-high 3.5 tackles for loss on Sunday. His previous high was 1.5 tackles for loss vs. North Dakota State on Sept. 8, 2012.
- The Tackle Hunger Food Drive—a collaboration between the two universities—raised more than $3,000 Sunday. The proceeds will go to the Food Bank for Larimer County, Community Food Share of Boulder and Broomfield and Food Bank of the Rockies in Denver.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Limited tickets remain for Rams at the Rockies ...
Colorado State University is taking over Coors Field on Saturday, Aug. 15, for the Colorado...
Matthews recognized for community involvement
Senior Trent Matthews was recognized for his community involvement, being named to the Wuerfell...
Higgins named to Biletnikoff Award watch list
2014 Biletnikoff Award finalist Rashard Higgins, who led the NCAA FBS in yards, touchdowns and...
James selected to Butkus Award Watch List
Senior Cory James was named to the Butkus Award Watch List on Tuesday, an award which annually...
Matthews named to Jim Thorpe Award watch list
Colorado State senior Trent Matthews was recognized as one of the top defensive backs in the...
Hunt selected to Ray Guy Award Watch List
The Augusta Sports Council named Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt to its 2015 Ray Guy Award...
CSU's Cartwright, Walker named to John...
CSU was one of two schools nationally to have multiple players named to the 2015 John Mackey...
CSU's Higgins named to Maxwell Award watch list
CSU wide receiver Rashard Higgins was named to the Maxwell Award watch list on Tuesday morning,...