Rams picked to finish 4th in Mountain Division
Senior RG among nation’s most outstanding interior linemen
9 Rams recognized by conference
Rams eager to don full pads
Gaines, Higgins, Zerblis headline first team
2012 Signing Class Highlights; 24 players
CSU Football vs. Utah State - 10/8/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU football vs. Wyoming - 10/1/16 [Photos by Tommy Joe Waido]
CSU Football Fall Camp - Scrimmage #1 - 8/11/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU Football Fall Camp - Practice #5 - 8/8/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU football began its fall camp on Thursday, holding its first of 19 practices - 8/4/16
- Helped block the way for 569 total yards of total offense, including 245 on the ground, in a 47-21 win over UNC (Sept. 17)
- Blocked for 369 yards of total offense against Minnesota (Sept. 24), the most that the 36th ranked defense in FBS has allowed on the season
- Blocked for quarterback Collin Hill's career-high 370 passing yards against Wyoming (Oct. 1)
2015 (Junior): Named second team All-Mountain West by vote of media and coaches... Started all 13 games on the offensive line, appearing at both center and left guard... Helped block for an offense that ranked third in the Mountain West with 417.0 yards per game, and was among the nation’s leaders for tackles for loss allowed (4.62 per game; 11th), sacks allowed (1.17 per game; 22nd), third-down conversions (46.0 percent, 20th), fourth-down conversions (58.8 percent, 36th), first downs (23.15 per game, 33rd) and red-zone offense (87 percent, 44th).
- Phil Steele All-Mountain West first team.
- All-National Football Foundation Colorado Chapter second team.
- Helped block for a season-high 598 yards of total offense, including 217 on the ground, in a 65-13 win over Savannah State (9/5).
- Made way for a season-high 325 rushing yards in a win over UNLV (11/14).
- Blocked for quarterback Nick Stevens' career-high 310 yard performance in the NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Nevada (12/29).
- Graded out above 85 percent in each game, recording more than 60 knockdown blocks.
- Made first career start in season-opening win over Colorado (8/29)... Helped pave the way for 266 yards of rushing offense, the most rushing yards ever by CSU in the Rocky Mountain Showdown.
- Was instrumental in helping the Rams rack up a CSU single-game record 698 yards of total offense vs. New Mexico (11/22) and 676 yards of total offense against UC Davis (9/13), the third-most in CSU history.
- The Rams did not allow a sack against Hawai’i (11/8).
- CSU's offense converted51.2-percent of third-down attempts, the fifth-best among FBS teams and well ahead of previous school record of 46.3 (1985).
- The Rams averaged 480.9 yards of total offense per game,which broke the single-season school record (470.8 in 2013).
- Saw action in his first collegiate game against Wyoming, a 52-22 victory over the Cowboys.
- Appeared in three other games for the Rams (vs. Nevada, at New Mexico and vs. Air Force).
- Is a 2012 graduate of Grayson High School, just east of Atlanta, Ga.
- Started the final 29 games of his career and did not allow a sack as the center on one of the nation’s best teams.
- Earned All-Georgia and all-county awards during both seasons as an offensive lineman.
- Played nose guard in a 3-4 defense as sophomore, before finding his niche on the other side of the ball.
- Helped the 15-0 Rams, who wore gold helmets with green horns, to the 2011 Georgia Class 5A state championship as a senior.
- Was a senior captain and the top offensive lineman on a team that ranked No. 4 in the final USA Today Super 25, MaxPreps.com Xcellent 25 and ESPN.com Gatorade Fab 50 rankings, and No. 6 in the Rivals.com High School BCS.
- Earned first-team all-state and first-team all-county honors in 2011, and an invitation to the county all-star game.
- Also was invited to the Georgia North-South All-Star Game in Columbus.
- As a junior in 2010, started all 14 games at center in his first season at the position, helping the Rams to a 10-4 mark and a berth in the state semifinals… Did not allow a sack.
- Saw increased late-season playing time, including occasional starts, on one of the state’s top defenses as a sophomore nose guard in 2009, when Grayson finished 12-1 and lost in the state semifinals.
- Also lettered twice in track & field, specializing in the throwing events, and one year in wrestling.
- Head football coach was Mickey Conn.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Game Notes: CSU football at UNLV, Oct. 22
CSU visits Las Vegas for the first time since 2011 when the Rams and Rebels clash Saturday at 3:3...
Recap: Comeback comes up short against 15th-ran...
BOISE, Idaho- The Colorado State Rams fell to 3-4 on the season (1-2 Mountain West) with a...
#TheGrind | Step Up
The sideline is home to the injured and those waiting for their opportunity. In this week's...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Boise State, Oct...
CSU travels to No. 15 Boise State, Saturday at 8:21 p.m. MT on ESPN2. The Broncos are the only...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: Boise State
Brian Roth and Mark Driscoll of the CSU Rams Radio Network preview Saturday's road contest at No....
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 5
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...
Game Notes: CSU football at Boise State, Oct. 15
Riding momentum from a come-from-behind victory over Utah State, CSU travels to Boise State this ...
Davis named Mountain West Defensive Player of...
Colorado State linebacker Kevin Davis is the Mountain West Defensive Player of the Week. The...