CSU plays complete game, earns 5th win
Serveral newcomers step up in 1st fall scrimmage
Team practices in heat; Thurston, Vaden impressing
Bauta, Peters, Wilson among offensive standouts
Secondary spots up for grabs
2012 Signing Class Highlights; 24 players
Photos from Fresno State @ Colorado State on November 5, 2016.
Colorado State (37) vs. Fresno State (0) on Nov. 5, 2016 (Photos by Don Reichert)
CSU Football vs. Utah State - 10/8/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Colorado State vs. UTSA (Sept. 10, 2016) (Photos by Abbie Parr)
CSU Football Fall Camp - Scrimmage #1 - 8/11/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
- Recorded four tackles in his first career start at cornerback in the season opener against Colorado (Sept. 2).
- Registered a career-high six tackles including a tackle for loss in a win over UTSA (Sept. 10).
- Logged his first career interception in a shutout win over Fresno State (Nov. 5).
- Caught at least one pass in six of CSU's final eight games after not recording any through the first five contests.
- Had two receptions for 38 yards in a win over Air Force (10/17), including a 23-yard reception in which he hauled in the catch on his toes in order to remain in bounds.
- Recorded a season-high 87 receiving yards on just four catches in a win at New Mexico (11/21)... On the third play of the third quarter, Nick Stevens found Vaden for a 57-yard pickup, setting up a Rams' field goal... It was CSU's second-longest play from scrimmage of the season.
2013 (Freshman): Provided the Rams with a deep-play threat, hauling in 22 receptions for 255 yards (11.6 average) and three touchdowns while playing in 11 games with one start.
- Caught his first career touchdown pass against Tulsa (9/7) on a 19-yard strike from Garrett Grayson to put the Rams in front 17-14... Also pulled down a deep pass across the middle for a gain of 52 yards, putting CSU on Tulsa’s one-yard line and setting up a Chris Nwoke touchdown run... Finished the contest with a career-high 80 receiving yards.
- Hauled in his second career touchdown in the regular-season finale vs. Air Force (11/30), a 49-yard pass to put the Rams up 51-0.
- In the Rams’ win over Washington State in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl (12/21) had a career-most eight catches for 60 yards and one touchdown, which pulled CSU within one score with 2:52 remaining in a game the Rams would win 48-45 on a last-second field goal.
- Is a 2012 graduate of Prairie View High School in Henderson, Colo., a suburb northeast of Denver.
- Scored more touchdowns and compiled more receiving, return and all-purpose yards than any player in Prairie View history... Surpassed 1,000 career return yards, including five touchdowns.
- An electrifying offensive attacker and return specialist, twice earned first-team Class 4A All-Colorado honors, and garnered three consecutive first-team All-Mountain Plains League selections.
- As a senior in 2011, ran for 654 yards on 96 carries (6.8 average) with seven touchdowns, while catching a team-leading 16 passes for 147 yards... Also completed 15-of-28 passes for 296 yards and four touchdowns.
- As a senior team captain in 2011, led his team in rushing and passing touchdowns after starting three games at quarterback.
- Picked up All-Colorado and All-Mountain Plains League honors in 2010, registering 21 receptions for 299 yards with four touchdowns and rushing for 273 yards and a score on 33 carries.
- As a sophomore first-year starter in 2009, posted a career-best 37 catches for 550 yards and two touchdowns, while averaging nearly 15 yards per carry with one score on the ground.
- Had four catches for 11 yards as a freshman in 2008.
- Head football coach was Rocky Schneider.
- Also lettered four years in basketball and twice in track & field and cross country... Earned first-team all-conference honors on the hardwood... Owned a top time of 14.7 seconds in the 100-meter hurdles and 4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash.
- Achieved Academic All-Colorado honors.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 12
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...
8 Rams earn All-Mountain West recognition
The Mountain West announced its all-conference football teams Tuesday afternoon, with eight...
Ruiz breaks 90-year-old record for the ages
It took 90 years and 40 days or 930 games for the oldest record in the CSU record books to fall,...
Rams close regular season in dominant fashion...
The Colorado State Rams turned in their most dominant all-around performance of the season in a...
Friend named Broyles Award nominee for 2nd year...
For the second consecutive season, Colorado State offensive coordinator Will Friend is a nominee ...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: San Diego State
Brian Roth and Mark Driscoll of the CSU Rams Radio Network break down last Saturday's #FarewellHu...
Game Notes: CSU football at San Diego State,...
Coming off of a bowl-clinching victory over New Mexico, the Rams travel to San Diego State to...
Recap: Rams honor Hughes with bowl-clinching...
In the 262nd and final game at Hughes Stadium, the Colorado State Rams beat the New Mexico...