CSU plays complete game, earns 5th win
Serveral newcomers step up in 1st fall scrimmage
Team practices in heat; Thurston, Vaden impressing
Bauta, Peters, Wilson among offensive standouts
Secondary spots up for grabs
2012 Signing Class Highlights; 24 players
CSU Football vs. Idaho (Famous Idaho Potato Bowl) - 12/22/16 [Photos by Abbie Parr]
Potato Bowl - Day 3
Photos from Fresno State @ Colorado State on November 5, 2016.
Colorado State (37) vs. Fresno State (0) on Nov. 5, 2016 (Photos by Don Reichert)
CSU Football vs. Utah State - 10/8/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
- Recorded four tackles in his first career start at cornerback in the season opener against Colorado (Sept. 2).
- Registered a career-high six tackles including a tackle for loss in a win over UTSA (Sept. 10).
- Logged his first career interception in a shutout win over Fresno State (Nov. 5).
- Caught at least one pass in six of CSU's final eight games after not recording any through the first five contests.
- Had two receptions for 38 yards in a win over Air Force (10/17), including a 23-yard reception in which he hauled in the catch on his toes in order to remain in bounds.
- Recorded a season-high 87 receiving yards on just four catches in a win at New Mexico (11/21)... On the third play of the third quarter, Nick Stevens found Vaden for a 57-yard pickup, setting up a Rams' field goal... It was CSU's second-longest play from scrimmage of the season.
2013 (Freshman): Provided the Rams with a deep-play threat, hauling in 22 receptions for 255 yards (11.6 average) and three touchdowns while playing in 11 games with one start.
- Caught his first career touchdown pass against Tulsa (9/7) on a 19-yard strike from Garrett Grayson to put the Rams in front 17-14... Also pulled down a deep pass across the middle for a gain of 52 yards, putting CSU on Tulsa’s one-yard line and setting up a Chris Nwoke touchdown run... Finished the contest with a career-high 80 receiving yards.
- Hauled in his second career touchdown in the regular-season finale vs. Air Force (11/30), a 49-yard pass to put the Rams up 51-0.
- In the Rams’ win over Washington State in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl (12/21) had a career-most eight catches for 60 yards and one touchdown, which pulled CSU within one score with 2:52 remaining in a game the Rams would win 48-45 on a last-second field goal.
- Is a 2012 graduate of Prairie View High School in Henderson, Colo., a suburb northeast of Denver.
- Scored more touchdowns and compiled more receiving, return and all-purpose yards than any player in Prairie View history... Surpassed 1,000 career return yards, including five touchdowns.
- An electrifying offensive attacker and return specialist, twice earned first-team Class 4A All-Colorado honors, and garnered three consecutive first-team All-Mountain Plains League selections.
- As a senior in 2011, ran for 654 yards on 96 carries (6.8 average) with seven touchdowns, while catching a team-leading 16 passes for 147 yards... Also completed 15-of-28 passes for 296 yards and four touchdowns.
- As a senior team captain in 2011, led his team in rushing and passing touchdowns after starting three games at quarterback.
- Picked up All-Colorado and All-Mountain Plains League honors in 2010, registering 21 receptions for 299 yards with four touchdowns and rushing for 273 yards and a score on 33 carries.
- As a sophomore first-year starter in 2009, posted a career-best 37 catches for 550 yards and two touchdowns, while averaging nearly 15 yards per carry with one score on the ground.
- Had four catches for 11 yards as a freshman in 2008.
- Head football coach was Rocky Schneider.
- Also lettered four years in basketball and twice in track & field and cross country... Earned first-team all-conference honors on the hardwood... Owned a top time of 14.7 seconds in the 100-meter hurdles and 4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash.
- Achieved Academic All-Colorado honors.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
#NextLevelRams: End of regular season NFL update
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...
Recap: Johnson sets receiving record in Potato ...
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams fell 61-50 to the Idaho Vandals in the Famous Idaho Potato...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 4
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams had a busy Wednesday, their final day of prep before...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 3
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams were back at it early on their third day in Boise,...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 2
BOISE, Idaho-- Following the Rams’ near-comeback against the Boise State Broncos on Oct. 15...
Potato Bowl Blog: Rams arrive in Boise
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams’ bowl trip began Sunday morning, as they landed in...
Bowl Rewind: 2013 New Mexico Bowl
Facing Washington State in the 2013 New Mexico Bowl, the Rams rallied to score 18 points in the...
Bowl Rewind: 2008 New Mexico Bowl
Gartrell Johnson set an NCAA record with 375 all-purpose yards as Colorado State rallied for a 40...