Matthews forces 2 fumbles, intercepts pass in victory
Hansley, Oden each score 2 touchdowns
CSU football vs. Minnesota - Sept. 12, 2015
Wide receiver Anderson shines with two touchdowns
CSU vs. Hawai'i
Colorado State won the Border War for the third consecutive season, beating Wyoming 26-7 - 11-7-15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU football vs. Air Force - Oct. 17, 2015 (Don Reichert)
CSU football vs. Air Force - Oct. 17, 2015 (Eliott Foust)
Colorado State defeats Air Force 38-23.
Practice No. 11 of fall training camp was held at Hughes Stadium, and was the first of two scrimmages - 8/15/15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Career Division I games played/started: 26/11 (12/8 in 2014...14/3 in 2013)
2015 (Junior): Forced second fumble of the season in a win at Wyoming (Nov. 7)...Registered first interception of the season which set up a CSU touchdown and forced first career fumble which set up a Rams' field goal in a win over Air Force (Oct. 17)...Recorded career-best seven tackles (five solo) and four pass breakups against Minnesota (Sep. 12)
- Played in 12 games (eight starts), recording 42 tackles (27 solo), including two tackles for loss, five pass breakups and three interceptions... tied for the team lead with the three interceptions.
- Recorded career-best six tackles (three solo), and also had a solo tackle for a loss at Boise State (Sept. 6)...added two pass breakups
- Registered his first interception of the season vs. Hawai’i (Nov. 8) and returned it eight yards... added three tackles, and three pass breakups
- Picked off two passes late in the game vs. New Mexico (Nov. 22)... on his second interception of the day, had a 68-yard return as he flew down the sideline before he was pushed out-of-bounds inside the ten-yard line... first CSU defender with two picks in a single game since DeAndre Elliott vs. Hawai’i in 2012.
- Has registered at least three tackles in eight games in 2014
- CSU’s defense is only allowing 23.4 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams defense since 2006 (21.9).
- Registered 28 tackles (24 solo) in 14 games for the Rams, with three starts...also a threat in the return game averaging 9.6 yards per punt return and 24.0 yards per kick return.
- Registered his first collegiate start in a 55-22 victory at Wyoming (Oct. 19), recording four solo stops and a PBU
- At Hawai’i (Oct. 26), recorded his first career sack early in the fourth quarter when he brought down UH quarterback Taylor Graham for a loss of four yards
- Had his second tackle for loss on the road at New Mexico (Nov. 16). In the route of the Lobos, Simmons finished with a career-best five tackles, all solo stops
- Played a crucial role in limiting Utah State to 43 yards, the fewest passing yards against the Rams since Oct. 31, 2003 vs. Air Force (29 yards)
- Made his third career start in CSU’s regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30)
- Rated a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Earned three varsity letters at Gardena (Calif.) High School.
- A three-year captain for the Panthers football squad.
- As a senior was a threat on the ground and through the air...rushed for 1,488 yards and 20 TDs, and hauled in 26 receptions for 475 yards and 4 TDs.
- In a 55-14 thrashing of Hawthorne, tied a school record scoring six touchdowns on just 11 carries. Finished the night with 137 yards rushing and 26 yards receiving.
- Defensively, racked up 61 tackles (41 solo), 18 pass breakups, six tackles for loss, three interceptions and a sack.
- His senior season statistics earned him first-team All-Marine League honors on both offense and defense.
- Earned Panthers Most Valuable Player award after the season.
- An honor roll student who received the Make a Difference Award from Gardena principal Dr. Russell Thompson.
- Head football coach was Deon Toliver.
- Also participated in basketball and track and field at Gardena High School.
Personal: Given name is Tyree Simmons...born May 18, 1995 in Lynwood, Calif. ...mother is Jubula Sanford...has five siblings, three younger brothers and two younger sisters...cousin, Aaron Hester, played football at UCLA and was selected to play in the East-West Shrine Game...majoring in communication studies...Hometown: Gardena, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
The Grind | 26 Reasons
Colorado State's 26 seniors, who have won more home games than any senior class in school history...
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 10
TE Crockett Gillmore pulled in his team-leading fourth touchdown reception this week against the ...
Football game notes: CSU at New Mexico, Nov. 21
Colorado State, which has won eight of its last 12 road games, will travel to New Mexico to face ...
Football recap: CSU sends seniors off with 49-3...
The Colorado State Rams improved to 5-5 on the year (3-3 MW) with a decisive 49-35 victory over...
Football gameday: CSU Rams vs. UNLV, Nov. 14
Colorado State will recognize 26 seniors prior to its home game against UNLV, Saturday at 5 p.m. ...
Hunt 1 of 10 semifinalists for Ray Guy Award
Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt is one of 10 semifinalists for the 2015 Ray Guy Award, which...
The Grind | War Games
The Border War began in 1899 and is the oldest college football rivalry west of the Mississippi...
"Declare Your Major Day" a success at Colorado ...
Like many college freshmen, Albert Bimper wasn't sure where his academic path would lead when he ...