Matthews forces 2 fumbles, intercepts pass in victory
Hansley, Oden each score 2 touchdowns
CSU football vs. Minnesota - Sept. 12, 2015
Wide receiver Anderson shines with two touchdowns
CSU vs. Hawai'i
Colorado State won the Border War for the third consecutive season, beating Wyoming 26-7 - 11-7-15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU football vs. Air Force - Oct. 17, 2015 (Don Reichert)
CSU football vs. Air Force - Oct. 17, 2015 (Eliott Foust)
Colorado State defeats Air Force 38-23.
Practice No. 11 of fall training camp was held at Hughes Stadium, and was the first of two scrimmages - 8/15/15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Career Division I games played/started: 37/17 (11/6 in 2015...12/8 in 2014...14/3 in 2013)
2015 (Junior): Played in 11 games and started six, recording 37 tackles (29 solo), one interception and eight pass breakups...tied for third in Mountain West in fumbles forced with two.
- Forced second fumble of the season in win at Wyoming (11/7)
- Registered first interception of the season, which set up a CSU touchdown, and forced first career fumble, which set up a Rams field goal, in win over Air Force (10/17)
- Recorded career-best seven tackles (5 solo) and four pass breakups against Minnesota (9/12)
2014 (Sophomore): Played in 12 games (eight starts), recording 42 tackles (27 solo), including two tackles for loss, five pass breakups and three interceptions... tied for the team lead with the three interceptions.
- Recorded career-best six tackles (three solo), and also had a solo tackle for a loss at Boise State (Sept. 6)...added two pass breakups
- Registered his first interception of the season vs. Hawai’i (Nov. 8) and returned it eight yards... added three tackles, and three pass breakups
- Picked off two passes late in the game vs. New Mexico (Nov. 22)... on his second interception of the day, had a 68-yard return as he flew down the sideline before he was pushed out-of-bounds inside the ten-yard line... first CSU defender with two picks in a single game since DeAndre Elliott vs. Hawai’i in 2012.
- Has registered at least three tackles in eight games in 2014
- CSU’s defense is only allowing 23.4 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams defense since 2006 (21.9).
- Registered 28 tackles (24 solo) in 14 games for the Rams, with three starts...also a threat in the return game averaging 9.6 yards per punt return and 24.0 yards per kick return.
- Registered his first collegiate start in a 55-22 victory at Wyoming (Oct. 19), recording four solo stops and a PBU
- At Hawai’i (Oct. 26), recorded his first career sack early in the fourth quarter when he brought down UH quarterback Taylor Graham for a loss of four yards
- Had his second tackle for loss on the road at New Mexico (Nov. 16). In the route of the Lobos, Simmons finished with a career-best five tackles, all solo stops
- Played a crucial role in limiting Utah State to 43 yards, the fewest passing yards against the Rams since Oct. 31, 2003 vs. Air Force (29 yards)
- Made his third career start in CSU’s regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30)
- Rated a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Earned three varsity letters at Gardena (Calif.) High School.
- A three-year captain for the Panthers football squad.
- As a senior was a threat on the ground and through the air...rushed for 1,488 yards and 20 TDs, and hauled in 26 receptions for 475 yards and 4 TDs.
- In a 55-14 thrashing of Hawthorne, tied a school record scoring six touchdowns on just 11 carries. Finished the night with 137 yards rushing and 26 yards receiving.
- Defensively, racked up 61 tackles (41 solo), 18 pass breakups, six tackles for loss, three interceptions and a sack.
- His senior season statistics earned him first-team All-Marine League honors on both offense and defense.
- Earned Panthers Most Valuable Player award after the season.
- An honor roll student who received the Make a Difference Award from Gardena principal Dr. Russell Thompson.
- Head football coach was Deon Toliver.
- Also participated in basketball and track and field at Gardena High School.
Personal: Given name is Tyree Simmons...born May 18, 1995 in Lynwood, Calif. ...mother is Jubula Sanford...has five siblings, three younger brothers and two younger sisters...cousin, Aaron Hester, played football at UCLA and was selected to play in the East-West Shrine Game...majoring in communication studies...Hometown: Gardena, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Strong sales for premium seating options in...
Demand for premium seating options inside Colorado State University's new on-campus stadium has...
Season review: CSU has winning season, goes...
The Colorado State football team posted its third consecutive winning season in 2015, going 7-6...
6 Rams will compete in all-star games this month
Several Colorado State football players are participating in postseason all-star games over the...
Marty English to be new Colorado State...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Friday that Marty English will be the Rams...
#NextLevelRams: Regular Season Recap
Colorado State was represented by nine former Rams affiliated with NFL teams at the conclusion of...
CSU launches seat, parking selection website
Colorado State University Athletics has partnered with Ballena Technologies, the industry leader ...
Football recap: Late touchdown lifts Nevada...
Colorado State amassed 532 total yards and Rashard Higgins became the school’s all-time...
Arizona Bowl Blog: Rams put final touches on...
Colorado State held its final tuneup Monday, holding a walk through and meeting with the media...