CSU vs. Hawai'i
3 individuals hold 4.0 cumulative grade-point average
CSU Football vs. New Mexico - photos by Don Reichert
NCAA Football: New Mexico at Colorado State (USATSI)
CSU Football vs. Hawai'i - photos by Don Reichert
CSU football vs. Wyoming - Oct. 25, 2014 (Dan Byers)
CSU football vs. Utah State - Oct. 18, 2014 (Dan Byers)
Career Division I games played/started: 26/11 (12/8 in 2014...14/3 in 2013)
2014 (Sophomore): Played in 12 games (eight starts), recording 42 tackles (27 solo), including two tackles for loss, five pass breakups and three interceptions... tied for the team lead with the three interceptions.
- Recorded career-best six tackles (three solo), and also had a solo tackle for a loss at Boise State (Sept. 6)...added two pass breakups
- Registered his first interception of the season vs. Hawai'i (Nov. 8) and returned it eight yards... added three tackles, and three pass breakups
- Picked off two passes late in the game vs. New Mexico (Nov. 22)... on his second interception of the day, had a 68-yard return as he flew down the sideline before he was pushed out-of-bounds inside the ten-yard line... first CSU defender with two picks in a single game since DeAndre Elliott vs. Hawai'i in 2012.
- Has registered at least three tackles in eight games in 2014
- CSU's defense is only allowing 23.4 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams defense since 2006 (21.9).
2013 (Freshman): Registered 28 tackles (24 solo) in 14 games for the Rams, with three starts...also a threat in the return game averaging 9.6 yards per punt return and 24.0 yards per kick return.
- Registered his first collegiate start in a 55-22 victory at Wyoming (Oct. 19), recording four solo stops and a PBU
- At Hawai'i (Oct. 26), recorded his first career sack early in the fourth quarter when he brought down UH quarterback Taylor Graham for a loss of four yards
- Had his second tackle for loss on the road at New Mexico (Nov. 16). In the route of the Lobos, Simmons finished with a career-best five tackles, all solo stops
- Played a crucial role in limiting Utah State to 43 yards, the fewest passing yards against the Rams since Oct. 31, 2003 vs. Air Force (29 yards)
- Made his third career start in CSU's regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30)
- Rated a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Earned three varsity letters at Gardena (Calif.) High School.
- A three-year captain for the Panthers football squad.
- As a senior was a threat on the ground and through the air...rushed for 1,488 yards and 20 TDs, and hauled in 26 receptions for 475 yards and 4 TDs.
- In a 55-14 thrashing of Hawthorne, tied a school record scoring six touchdowns on just 11 carries. Finished the night with 137 yards rushing and 26 yards receiving.
- Defensively, racked up 61 tackles (41 solo), 18 pass breakups, six tackles for loss, three interceptions and a sack.
- His senior season statistics earned him first-team All-Marine League honors on both offense and defense.
- Earned Panthers Most Valuable Player award after the season.
- An honor roll student who received the Make a Difference Award from Gardena principal Dr. Russell Thompson.
- Head football coach was Deon Toliver.
- Also participated in basketball and track and field at Gardena High School.
Personal: Given name is Tyree Simmons...born May 18, 1995 in Lynwood, Calif. ...mother is Jubula Sanford...has five siblings, three younger brothers and two younger sisters...cousin, Aaron Hester, played football at UCLA and was selected to play in the East-West Shrine Game...majoring in communication studies...Hometown: Gardena, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams' spring practice to begin March 10; Spring...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Wednesday that Rams will begin spring...
CSU football looks to carry momentum from 2014 ...
The Colorado State football program looks to carry its momentum built in 2014, a 10-win season,...
Passing of Gary Glick
Gary Glick, the No. 1 overall pick in the 1956 NFL draft passed away on Wednesday, Feb. 11 in his...
CSU's Cartwright granted extension of...
The NCAA announced on Monday afternoon that Colorado State tight end Kivon Cartwright has been...
Football adds Geoff Martzen as director of...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Friday the hire of Geoff Martzen as the...
Bobo announces first signing class
First-year head coach Mike Bobo announced the addition of 13 new signees, his first signing class...
2015 National Signing Day
Wednesday is National Signing Day and Rams fans have numerous ways to follow along.
Football public signing day event set for Feb. ...
The Colorado State football program invites fans to join the excitement of next Wednesday's...