CSU vs. Hawai'i
3 individuals hold 4.0 cumulative grade-point average
CSU Football vs. New Mexico - photos by Don Reichert
NCAA Football: New Mexico at Colorado State (USATSI)
CSU Football vs. Hawai'i - photos by Don Reichert
CSU football vs. Wyoming - Oct. 25, 2014 (Dan Byers)
CSU football vs. Utah State - Oct. 18, 2014 (Dan Byers)
Career Division I games played/started: 23/8(9/5 in 2014...14/3 in 2013)
2014 (Sophomore): Has played in nine games (four starts), recording 33 tackles (21 solo), six pass deflections, five pass break-ups, two tackles for loss, and one intercaeption
- Recorded career-best six tackles (three solo), and also had a solo tackle for a loss of four yards vs. Boise State (Sept. 6)...added two pass breakups
- Registered his first interception of the season vs. Hawai'i (Nov.8) had an eight yard return... added three tackles, and three pass break-ups
2013 (Freshman): Registered 28 tackles (24 solo) in 14 games for the Rams, with three starts...also a threat in the return game averaging 9.6 yards per punt return and 24.0 yards per kick return.
- Registered his first collegiate start in a 55-22 victory at Wyoming (Oct. 19), recording four solo stops and a PBU
- At Hawai'i (Oct. 26), recorded his first career sack early in the fourth quarter when he brought down UH quarterback Taylor Graham for a loss of four yards
- Had his second tackle for loss on the road at New Mexico (Nov. 16). In the route of the Lobos, Simmons finished with a career-best five tackles, all solo stops
- Played a crucial role in limiting Utah State to 43 yards, the fewest passing yards against the Rams since Oct. 31, 2003 vs. Air Force (29 yards)
- Made his third career start in CSU's regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30)
- Rated a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Earned three varsity letters at Gardena (Calif.) High School.
- A three-year captain for the Panthers football squad.
- As a senior was a threat on the ground and through the air...rushed for 1,488 yards and 20 TDs, and hauled in 26 receptions for 475 yards and 4 TDs.
- In a 55-14 thrashing of Hawthorne, tied a school record scoring six touchdowns on just 11 carries. Finished the night with 137 yards rushing and 26 yards receiving.
- Defensively, racked up 61 tackles (41 solo), 18 pass breakups, six tackles for loss, three interceptions and a sack.
- His senior season statistics earned him first-team All-Marine League honors on both offense and defense.
- Earned Panthers Most Valuable Player award after the season.
- An honor roll student who received the Make a Difference Award from Gardena principal Dr. Russell Thompson.
- Head football coach was Deon Toliver.
- Also participated in basketball and track and field at Gardena High School.
Personal: Given name is Tyree Simmons...born May 18, 1995 in Lynwood, Calif. ...mother is Jubula Sanford...has five siblings, three younger brothers and two younger sisters...cousin, Aaron Hester, played football at UCLA and was selected to play in the East-West Shrine Game...majoring in communication studies...Hometown: Gardena, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
McElwain named semifinalist for Maxwell...
Colorado State head football coach Jim McElwain was named one of 20 semifinalists for the Maxwell...
Higgins named to 'Players to Watch' list for...
The national recognition continues to roll in for Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard ...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. New...
Colorado State hosts New Mexico on Saturday, Nov. 22, at Hughes Stadium in Fort Collins, Colo....
CSU's Higgins semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard Higgins was named a semifinalist for the...
Grayson on 2014 Heisman Aspirant list
Colorado State senior quarterback Garrett Grayson continues to garner significant national...
Rams earn spot in AP, Coaches polls
Enjoying its best start since 1997, Colorado State (9-1, 5-1 MW) is ranked No. 25 in the USA...
Football Recap: Rams extend nation's fourth-lon...
The Colorado State Rams (9-1, 5-1 MW) extended the nation's fourth-longest winning streak to...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Hawai'i, Nov. 8
On Saturday, Nov. 8, Colorado State plays host to Hawai'i. Kick off is set for 5 p.m. and fans...