Rams travel to San Diego in search of first MW win of 2012
New CSU coach lands 24
2012 Signing Class Highlights; 24 players
CSU's fourth practice of the spring season, and first in full pads - 3-31-16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
2015 (Junior): Played in 11 games for CSU, serving as a backup offensive lineman… Helped block for an offense that ranked third in the Mountain West with 417.0 yards per game, and was among the nation’s leaders for tackles for loss allowed (4.62 per game; 11th), sacks allowed (1.17 per game; 22nd), third-down conversions (46.0 percent, 20th), fourth-down conversions (58.8 percent, 36th), first downs (23.15 per game, 33rd) and red-zone offense (87 percent, 44th).
- Made way for a season-most 325 rushing yards in a win over UNLV (11/14).
- Blocked for quarterback Nick Stevens' career-high 310-yard performance in the NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Nevada (12/29).
2014 (Sophomore): Played in nine games as a backup offensive lineman... Helped block for a 4,000-yard passer (Grayson - 4,006) and 1,200-yard rusher (Hart - 1,275)... The Rams averaged 480.9 yards of total offense per game, which broke the previous single-season high of 470.8, set in 2013… CSU topped 500 yards of offense five times, including twice surpassing 670… Broke several single-season school records: offensive yards (6,252), total yards per game (480.92), passing yards (4,181), passing yards/attempt (9.35) and passing touchdowns (34).
- Helped the Rams rack up a CSU single-game record 698 yards of total offense vs. New Mexico (11/22) and 676 yards of total offense against UC Davis (9/13), the third-most in CSU history.
- The Rams did not allow a sack against Hawai’i (11/8).
- CSU’s offense converted 51.2-percent of third-down attempts, the fifth-best among FBS teams and well ahead of previous school record of 46.3 (1985).
2013 (Freshman): Made his collegiate debut in a win over Air Force (11/30), serving as a backup offensive lineman.
2012 (Redshirt): Redshirted during his first collegiate season.
- Is a 2012 graduate of Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, Calif.
- Named the 2011 Moore League Offensive Lineman of the Year.
- Earned first-team All-Pac 5 and first-team All-Moore League honors in 2011.
- The anchor of Long Beach Poly’s offensive front, he did not allow a sack as a senior and paved the way for Poly’s 2,002 team rushing yards… Also recorded four tackles as a defensive lineman.
- Was a two-year starter for one of the top programs in California, helping the Jackrabbits to back-to-back league championships in 2010 and 2011… Went 10-2 as a senior, finishing ranked No. 20 in the final 2011 state polls.
- Served as team captain as a senior.
- Rated as the No. 115 prospect on PrepStar’s SoCal Top 200 list.
- Three-year letterwinner in football, also playing basketball as a freshman.
- Head football coach was Raul Lara.
Personal: Given name Tomás David Rivera...Born Feb. 9, 1994, in Long Beach, Calif. ...Son of Tomás and Iliana Rivera...Has one younger brother and one younger sister...majoring in sociology with a concentration in criminal justice and minoring in ethnic studies at Colorado State...Hometown: Long Beach, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Multiple Rams hear names called during NFL Draft
Multiple Colorado State football players were drafted on Saturday, marking the third year in a...
Six Rams football games in 2016 chosen for...
The Mountain West on Friday released the remainder of its national television package for the...
Cartwright earns NFF Hampshire Honor Society nod
Kivon Cartwright was recognized on Wednesday when the National Football Foundation (NFF) and...
Recap: Offense comes from behind to beat...
The Colorado State football team took the field for the final time this spring on Saturday,...
Spring Notebook: Rams complete final practice, ...
Colorado State held its final official spring practice on Friday afternoon, competing on campus ...
Gameday: Offense, defense to square off in...
The 2016 Green and Gold Spring Game will take place Saturday at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes...
Spring Notebook: Wide receivers aim to reload, ...
The Colorado State football team switched up its routine on Thursday, bussing off campus to Sonny...
Colorado State and Texas Tech announce football...
Colorado State and Big 12 Conference member Texas Tech jointly announced today a home-and-home...