CSU football vs. Savannah State - Sept. 5, 2015
List includes all 16 sports, 6 colleges
Grayson leads the way with 153 yards and two touchdowns
Colorado State takes field for its second spring drills under Jim McElwain
Rams go on the road looking to upset No. 22 Broncos
Nova Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Nevada - 12/29/15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU fell to the Nevada Wolf Pack in a hotly contested affair.
Colorado State closed the regular season with a 34-31 win at Fresno State - 11/28/15 (Photos by Don Reichert)
Colorado State opened up Mountain West play with a 33-18 loss at Utah State - 10-3-15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Photos from Colorado State's fifth spring practice of 2015 (photos by Dan Byers)
Career Division I games played/started: 40/3 (12/1 in 2015...13/2 in 2014...12/0 in 2013...3/0 in 2012).
2015 (Senior): Played in all 12 games (1 start) and ranked second among CSU defensive linemen with 28 tackles (16 solo), including 2. 5 sacks and 9.0 tackles for loss.
- Tied season best with four tackles (all solo), including 2.0 tackles for loss, in win at Fresno State
- Generated three tackles (all solo), including one sack and a QB hurry, in win over UNLV (11/14)
- Recorded four total tackles, including one sack, in season opener against Savannah State (9/5)
2014 (Junior): Played in all 13 games (two starts), recording 30 tackles (13 solo), including 4.5 tackles for loss and two sacks, and one quarterback hurry.
- Recorded a career-high seven tackles (four solo) vs. Colorado (Aug. 29), including a tackle for a loss
- Chosen to serve as a team captain for the first road game of the season at Boise State (Sept. 6)
- Recorded his first sack of the season in a win over Tulsa (Oct. 4)
- Registered a sack vs. Wyoming (Oct. 25) and added three tackles (two solo)
- CSU’s defense is only allowing 23.4 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams defense since 2006 (21.9)
2013 (Sophomore): Registered 18 total tackles (8 solo), including one sack and one quarterback hurry.
- Registered a then career-high three tackles in the Rams’ first true road game at Tulsa (Sept. 7) and later tied his career-best performance in the regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30)
- In the Rams’ dominating performance at Wyoming (Oct. 19) in the 104th edition of the Border War, recorded his second career sack
- Had a half tackle for loss in the season opener vs. Colorado (Sept. 1)
- Served as team captain at Wyoming (Oct. 19)
- In the Rams’ win over Washington State in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 21) Michel forced a key fumble on a kickoff return in the final minute to put the Rams in position to kick the game-winning field goal
2012 (Freshman): Played in three games for the Rams, making an instant impact with five tackles, including two tackles for loss and a sack.
- First career tackle was a fourth-quarter sack in a 33-11 home victory over UNLV (Nov. 10)
- Registered a career-high four tackles (three solo) on the road at nationally ranked Boise State (Nov. 17)
2011 (Redshirt): Did not play; redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: Served as a key spark on a 10-2 team that vaulted into the regional semifinals of the Florida Class 2A state playoffs his senior year at Jones High School in Orlando, Fla., in the shadow of the Citrus Bowl Stadium...After he started the Jones spring game at running back, coaches determined he was a better fit, with his 4.5-second speed in the 40-yard dash and a 300-pound bench press, as an outside LB in the Tigers’ defense, a 3-4...Started nearly every game in 2010, garnering all-metro recognition and a spot on the Orlando Sentinel’s Super 60 (No. 49)...Had 46 tackles, five sacks and one fumble recovery as a senior, in addition to 17 carries for 124 yards (7.3 avg.) and three touchdowns on offense...As a junior in 2009, started part-time at linebacker (two sacks, forced fumble) and started all but two games in the JHS backfield (250 yards, 7.1 avg., two TD)...Also had six catches for 38 yards and a TD as a junior...Played fullback as a sophomore...Head football coach, Kenard Lang, is a former University of Miami (Fla.) and Redskins, Browns and Broncos linebacker...Also played for head coach Boris Jackson at Jones...Named top running back at the National Underclassman Football Combine...Lettered in weightlifting for the Tigers, advancing to sectionals and missing a trip to state by just one point...Additionally stood out for the Jones track squad, finishing fourth in his district in the 110-meter hurdles, advancing to the regionals...Had a 3.2 GPA...Also recruited by Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern, Savannah State and Jacksonville.
Personal: Given name Steven Anthony Michel...Last name is pronounced MIKE-uhl...Born May 21, 1992, in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. ...Son of Elucia Michel...is of Haitian descent...Also wore No. 4 in high school and at CSU, because his father passed away when Steven was 4...Has three brothers and four sisters...Has one daughter, Peyton Abannie Michel, born June 20, 2013...earned his bachelor's degree in social work in May 2015...Hometown: Orlando, Fla.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Strong sales for premium seating options in...
Demand for premium seating options inside Colorado State University's new on-campus stadium has...
Season review: CSU has winning season, goes...
The Colorado State football team posted its third consecutive winning season in 2015, going 7-6...
6 Rams will compete in all-star games this month
Several Colorado State football players are participating in postseason all-star games over the...
Marty English to be new Colorado State...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Friday that Marty English will be the Rams...
#NextLevelRams: Regular Season Recap
Colorado State was represented by nine former Rams affiliated with NFL teams at the conclusion of...
CSU launches seat, parking selection website
Colorado State University Athletics has partnered with Ballena Technologies, the industry leader ...
Football recap: Late touchdown lifts Nevada...
Colorado State amassed 532 total yards and Rashard Higgins became the school’s all-time...
Arizona Bowl Blog: Rams put final touches on...
Colorado State held its final tuneup Monday, holding a walk through and meeting with the media...