CSU runs 109-play scrimmage in front of 1,000 season ticket holders, Ram Club members
Photos from Colorado State's spring scrimmage at Dove Valley, home of the Denver Broncos. (Photos by Dan Byers)
Career Division 1 games played/started: 9/0 (9/0 in 2014).
2014 (Freshman): Has appeared in nine games primarily on several CSU special teams units, but has also lined up at wide receiver, catching one pass for six yards vs. New Mexico (Nov. 22).
2013: Redshirted as a true freshman in his first year of college eligibility.
- Rated a three-star prospect by Scout.com and ESPN.com, and two-star by Rivals.com.
- Earned nine letters at Lakes High School, including three in football and was a two-time all-league selection.
- Won back-to-back South Puget Sound League Championships as a sophomore and junior.
- In 2012, pulled in 34 receptions for a team-leading 436 yards, scored 11 TDs and caught a two-point conversion.
- Defensively, recorded 27 tackles (23 solo) for the 5-5 Lancers.
- In a 42-38 victory over Bellarmine Prep caught 10 balls for 90 yards and caught his lone touchdown of the season. On the defensive side of the ball tied a season-high with five tackles (4 solo).
- Earned honorable mention All-South Puget Sound League and first-team all-city as a senior.
- Named second-team All-Washington in 2012.
- Selected to play in the Washington East/West All-Star Game.
- Voted 2012 Most Inspirational by his teammates.
- As a junior, registered 20 catches for 266 yards and five TDs.
- In a blowout victory over Capital had three catches, two of which went for touchdowns.
- Lakes High School finished the year 11-1 and advanced to the second round of the Washington state playoffs before bowing out in a 35-14 loss to eventual state champion Bellevue.
- Earned first-team all-city honors and first-team All-SPSL honorable mention after his junior campaign.
- In 2010, saw his first varsity action as a sophomore and recorded 12 receptions for 163 yards and a TD. On the other side of the ball, had 13 stops (11 solo).
- First varsity reception came against Evergreen in a 54-15 win, hauled in one reception for 18 yards.
- Defeated in the semifinals by eventual champion Bellevue, 35-7.
- Head football coach was Dave Miller.
- Also competed in track and basketball at Lakes High School.
- Holds the school record in the 400 meters (50.2) and the 4x100 relay.
Personal: Given name is Sammie Lee Long IV...mother is Adriane Wilson...has three sisters, Quenessa, Zayda and Asanti...interested in majoring in sociology...Hometown: Lakewood, Wash.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams' Sept. 26 game at UTSA to be televised...
Colorado State's Sept. 26 football game at the University of Texas at San Antonio will kick off...
11 Rams named to Phil Steele's 2015...
Phil Steele announced his 2015 Preseason All-Mountain West teams on Monday, and included were 11 ...
Single-game tickets for Rams football on sale...
Single-game tickets for Colorado State's seven home football games in 2015 will go on sale to the...
Single-game tickets for Rams football go on...
Single-game tickets for Colorado State's 2015 home football schedule will go on sale to the...
Remembering Lt. Col. John W. Mosley
He was to Colorado State University what Jackie Robinson was to Major League Baseball. On Friday ...
Amazing Grads: SteveO Michel
It's difficult to imagine a more unlikely college graduate than Steve Michel.
CSU AD presents stadium renderings to Board of ...
Joe Parker was formally introduced Thursday to the Board of Governors of the Colorado State...
Coach Bobo Football Camps to begin in June
Beginning in June, head coach Mike Bobo and his coaching staff will be hosting football camps in ...