CSU runs 109-play scrimmage in front of 1,000 season ticket holders, Ram Club members
Colorado State opened up Mountain West play with a 33-18 loss at Utah State - 10-3-15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Practice No. 11 of fall training camp was held at Hughes Stadium, and was the first of two scrimmages - 8/15/15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Photos from Colorado State's spring scrimmage at Dove Valley, home of the Denver Broncos. (Photos by Dan Byers)
Career Division 1 games played/started: 9/0 (9/0 in 2014).
2014 (Freshman): Appeared in nine games, primarily on several CSU special teams units, but has also lined up at wide receiver, catching one pass for six yards vs. New Mexico (Nov. 22).
2013 (Redshirt): Redshirted as a true freshman in his first year of college eligibility.
- Rated a three-star prospect by Scout.com and ESPN.com, and two-star by Rivals.com.
- Earned nine letters at Lakes High School, including three in football and was a two-time all-league selection.
- Won back-to-back South Puget Sound League Championships as a sophomore and junior.
- In 2012, pulled in 34 receptions for a team-leading 436 yards, scored 11 TDs and caught a two-point conversion.
- Defensively, recorded 27 tackles (23 solo) for the 5-5 Lancers.
- In a 42-38 victory over Bellarmine Prep caught 10 balls for 90 yards and caught his lone touchdown of the season. On the defensive side of the ball tied a season-high with five tackles (4 solo).
- Earned honorable mention All-South Puget Sound League and first-team all-city as a senior.
- Named second-team All-Washington in 2012.
- Selected to play in the Washington East/West All-Star Game.
- Voted 2012 Most Inspirational by his teammates.
- As a junior, registered 20 catches for 266 yards and five TDs.
- In a blowout victory over Capital had three catches, two of which went for touchdowns.
- Lakes High School finished the year 11-1 and advanced to the second round of the Washington state playoffs before bowing out in a 35-14 loss to eventual state champion Bellevue.
- Earned first-team all-city honors and first-team All-SPSL honorable mention after his junior campaign.
- In 2010, saw his first varsity action as a sophomore and recorded 12 receptions for 163 yards and a TD. On the other side of the ball, had 13 stops (11 solo).
- First varsity reception came against Evergreen in a 54-15 win, hauled in one reception for 18 yards.
- Defeated in the semifinals by eventual champion Bellevue, 35-7.
- Head football coach was Dave Miller.
- Also competed in track and basketball at Lakes High School.
- Holds the school record in the 400 meters (50.2) and the 4x100 relay.
Personal: Given name is Sammie Lee Long IV...mother is Adriane Wilson...has three sisters, Quenessa, Zayda and Asanti...interested in majoring in sociology...Hometown: Lakewood, Wash.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
CSU Rams Gameday: Football at UTSA, Sept. 26
The Colroado State football team travels outside of the state of Colorado for the first time this...
Colorado State Athletics announces 2015 Hall of...
FORT COLLINS, Colo. – Colorado State and CSU Athletics, in conjunction with the Ram Alumni ...
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update
A weekly update of Colorado State University's #NextLevelRams across the NFL.
Rams’ game at Utah State on Oct. 3 will...
The Mountain West, ESPN and Utah State announced today that Colorado State’s Oct. 3...
CSU Rams notes: Football at UTSA, Sept. 26
The Rams and Roadrunners will meet for the first time on the gridiron Saturday. CSU will be...
CSU Rams recap: Football drops 2nd consecutive ...
Despite holding an early 14-0 lead, the Colorado State football team couldn't hold on, falling to...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Colorado, Sept. 19
Colorado State head coach Mike Bobo prepares for his first Rocky Mountain Showdown, and he's...
The Grind | Stay The Course
The Colorado State Rams face adversity for the first time during the 2015 season while playing...