CSU runs 109-play scrimmage in front of 1,000 season ticket holders, Ram Club members
Colorado State opened up Mountain West play with a 33-18 loss at Utah State - 10-3-15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Practice No. 11 of fall training camp was held at Hughes Stadium, and was the first of two scrimmages - 8/15/15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Photos from Colorado State's spring scrimmage at Dove Valley, home of the Denver Broncos. (Photos by Dan Byers)
Career Division 1 games played/started: 9/0 (9/0 in 2014).
2014 (Freshman): Appeared in nine games, primarily on several CSU special teams units, but has also lined up at wide receiver, catching one pass for six yards vs. New Mexico (Nov. 22).
2013 (Redshirt): Redshirted as a true freshman in his first year of college eligibility.
- Rated a three-star prospect by Scout.com and ESPN.com, and two-star by Rivals.com.
- Earned nine letters at Lakes High School, including three in football and was a two-time all-league selection.
- Won back-to-back South Puget Sound League Championships as a sophomore and junior.
- In 2012, pulled in 34 receptions for a team-leading 436 yards, scored 11 TDs and caught a two-point conversion.
- Defensively, recorded 27 tackles (23 solo) for the 5-5 Lancers.
- In a 42-38 victory over Bellarmine Prep caught 10 balls for 90 yards and caught his lone touchdown of the season. On the defensive side of the ball tied a season-high with five tackles (4 solo).
- Earned honorable mention All-South Puget Sound League and first-team all-city as a senior.
- Named second-team All-Washington in 2012.
- Selected to play in the Washington East/West All-Star Game.
- Voted 2012 Most Inspirational by his teammates.
- As a junior, registered 20 catches for 266 yards and five TDs.
- In a blowout victory over Capital had three catches, two of which went for touchdowns.
- Lakes High School finished the year 11-1 and advanced to the second round of the Washington state playoffs before bowing out in a 35-14 loss to eventual state champion Bellevue.
- Earned first-team all-city honors and first-team All-SPSL honorable mention after his junior campaign.
- In 2010, saw his first varsity action as a sophomore and recorded 12 receptions for 163 yards and a TD. On the other side of the ball, had 13 stops (11 solo).
- First varsity reception came against Evergreen in a 54-15 win, hauled in one reception for 18 yards.
- Defeated in the semifinals by eventual champion Bellevue, 35-7.
- Head football coach was Dave Miller.
- Also competed in track and basketball at Lakes High School.
- Holds the school record in the 400 meters (50.2) and the 4x100 relay.
Personal: Given name is Sammie Lee Long IV...mother is Adriane Wilson...has three sisters, Quenessa, Zayda and Asanti...interested in majoring in sociology...Hometown: Lakewood, Wash.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
The Grind | 26 Reasons
Colorado State's 26 seniors, who have won more home games than any senior class in school history...
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 10
TE Crockett Gillmore pulled in his team-leading fourth touchdown reception this week against the ...
Football game notes: CSU at New Mexico, Nov. 21
Colorado State, which has won eight of its last 12 road games, will travel to New Mexico to face ...
Football recap: CSU sends seniors off with 49-3...
The Colorado State Rams improved to 5-5 on the year (3-3 MW) with a decisive 49-35 victory over...
Football gameday: CSU Rams vs. UNLV, Nov. 14
Colorado State will recognize 26 seniors prior to its home game against UNLV, Saturday at 5 p.m. ...
Hunt 1 of 10 semifinalists for Ray Guy Award
Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt is one of 10 semifinalists for the 2015 Ray Guy Award, which...
The Grind | War Games
The Border War began in 1899 and is the oldest college football rivalry west of the Mississippi...
"Declare Your Major Day" a success at Colorado ...
Like many college freshmen, Albert Bimper wasn't sure where his academic path would lead when he ...