|Height / Weight:|
6-3 / 180
- Rated a three-star prospect by Scout.com and ESPN.com, and two-star by Rivals.com.
- Earned nine letters at Lakes High School, including three in football and was a two-time all-league selection
- Won back-to-back South Puget Sound League Championships as a sophomore and junior.
- In 2012, pulled in 34 receptions for a team-leading 436 yards, scored 11 TDs and caught a two-point conversion.
- Defensively, recorded 27 tackles (23 solo) for the 5-5 Lancers.
- In a 42-38 victory Bellarmine Prep caught 10 balls for 90 yards and caught hit lone touchdown of the season. On the defensive side of the ball tied a season-high with five tackles (4 solo).
- Earned honorable mention All-South Puget Sound League and first-team all-city as a senior.
- Named second-team All-Washington in 2012.
- Selected to play in the Washington East/West All-Star Game.
- Voted 2012 Most Inspirational by his teammates.
- As a junior, registered 20 catches for 266 yards and five TDs.
- In a blowout victory over Capital had three catches, two of which went for touchdowns.
- Lakes High School finished the year 11-1 and advanced to the second round of the Washington state playoffs before bowing out in a 35-14 loss to eventual state champion Bellevue.
- Earned first-team all-city honors and first-team All-SPSL honorable mention after his junior campaign.
- In 2010, saw his first varsity action as a sophomore and recorded 12 receptions for 163 yards and a TD. On the other side of the ball, had 13 stops (11 solo).
- First varsity reception came against Evergreen in a 54-15 win, hauled in one reception for 18 yards.
- Defeated in the semifinals by eventual champion Bellevue, 35-7.
- Head football coach was Dave Miller.
- Also competed in track and basketball at Lakes High School.
- Holds the school record in the 400 meters (50.2) and the 4x100 relay.
Personal: Given name is Sammie Long...mother is Adriane Wilson...has three sisters, Quenessa, Zayda, and Asanti...interested in majoring in sociology...Hometown: Lakewood, Wash.