Senior returned a punt 91 yards at San Diego State
CSU plays complete game, earns 5th win
CSU loses to Wyoming for first time since 2012
True freshman quarterback throws for 315 yards, scores five total touchdowns
CSU Football vs. Idaho (Famous Idaho Potato Bowl) - 12/22/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Potato Bowl - Day 3
Potato Bowl - Day 1
CSU's regular-season finale at San Diego State, a 63-31 victory - 11/26/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU Football vs. New Mexico in the final game at Hughes Stadium - 11/19/16 [Photos by Tommy Joe Waido]
- Catches: 4- Wyoming, 2016
- Receiving Yards: 60- Fresno State, 2016
- Long Reception: 44- Fresno State, 2016
- Long Punt Return: 91- San Diego State, 2016
2016 (Senior): Named to Phil Steele's All-MW second team as a punt returner... Played in all 13 games and started four, ranking third on the team with 23 catches for 350 yards and three touchdowns (2nd on team)... returned 21 punts for 174 yards (8.3 avg), including a school-record 91-yard touchdown... former walk-on who was awarded a scholarship during preseason camp.
- Pulled in his first career touchdown catch on a 13-yard pass from QB Collin Hill against UNC (Sept. 17), just the second catch of his career
- Recorded a career-high four catches for 49 yards against Wyoming (Oct. 1)
- Pulled in two catches for a career-high 60 yards, inclduing a career-long 44-yard reception
- Logged two catches for 13 yards and a touchdown against Air Force (Nov. 5)
- Returned a punt 91 yards for a touchdown at San Diego State (Nov. 26), the longest in school history, in a game in which he also recorded a touchdown reception. Both scores came in the first half to help the Rams build a 42-24 lead en route to a 63-31 win.
2015 (Junior): Missed season due to injury sustained during fall camp.
2014 (Sophomore): Saw action in four games at wide receiver as well as on special teams.
2013 (Freshman): Saw action in six games at both wide receiver and on special teams... Made his collegiate debut vs. Colorado (9/1).
- Setup to return a punt late in the Rams’ season opener vs. Colorado (9/1).
- Lined up in the slot and made his first collegiate catch, vs. Cal Poly (9/14), an 11-yard gain.
2012 (Redshirt): Redshirted during his first collegiate season.
- Is a 2012 graduate of Valhalla High School in El Cajon, Calif.
- Earned All-Grossmont Hills honors as a senior as both a wide receiver and punt returner.
- Named Norsemen’s Most Valuable Player in 2011.
- Led Grossmont Hills to back-to-back league titles in 2010 and 2011.
- Head football coach was Charles Bussey.
- Played against former Ram Brett Etherton.
- Also lettered in track & field, earning all-conference honors as a punt returner.
- Was a four-year honor roll student.
Personal: Born July 31, 1994 in Laguna Beach, Calif. ... Hometown is El Cajon, Calif. ... Parents are Denise and Robert Ruiz... Has two uncles that played soccer at the collegiate level... Majoring in health and exercise science.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Hunt invited to participate in NFL Combine
Former Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt received an invitation to participate in the NFL Combine...
Signing Day Live to feature #NextLevelRams...
Signing Day Live will feature special guests Shaquil Barrett (Denver Broncos) and Cory James (Oak...
New season ticket requests accepted beginning...
New season ticket requests for the highly-anticipated inaugural campaign in Colorado State...
Rocky Mountain Showdown moved to Friday, Sept. ...
The first game of Colorado State’s 2017 football season is now one day closer. The Pac-12...
Colorado State and Arizona announce home-and-ho...
Colorado State and Pac-12 Conference member Arizona jointly announced today a home-and-home...
CSU’s Signing Day Live webstream...
Rams fans, get ready. National Signing Day will again be delivered to you on Feb. 1 when the...
3 Rams selected to postseason all-star games
A trio of former Colorado State standouts will take part in college all-star games this month....
College Gridirons of Colorado
This is the first of a five-part series exploring the history of Colorado State football at...