Rams predicted third in Mountain Division
Roberts was Lou Groza Award semifinalist in 2013
List includes 16 sports, 7 colleges
3 individuals hold 4.0 cumulative grade-point average
CSU scores 18 points in final three minutes
Colorado State takes on WSU in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl
CSU Football vs. Nevada - photos by Don Reichert
CSU Football vs. San José State; Oct. 12, 2013
CSU Football vs. San José State - Oct. 12, 2013
Colorado State at Alabama - 9-21-13 (Dan Byers)
Career Division I games played/started: 26/0 (14/0 in 2013...12/0 in 2012).
2013 (Junior): Lou Groza Award semifinalist who earned first-team All-Mountain West honors by vote of coaches and media...during the season became the school's most accurate career field goal kicker...his .882 career field goal percentage moved ahead of Jason Smith (.776), who held the record since 2008...Roberts tallied 121 points for the Rams, the most by a CSU kicker in a single season and tied for the third-most among FBS kickers, while connecting on 21-of-24 field goals, including a career-best 54-yarder vs. Air Force...the 21 made field goals tied for second-most in a single season at CSU...went a perfect 58-for-58 on PATs, the most made and attempted PATs in school history...has made at least two field goals in 7 of the 14 games...His 1.5 field goal per game average ranked second in conference and 19th nationally.
- Connected on a 52-yard field goal at New Mexico (Nov. 16), the 10th-longest field goal in program history and the first field goal of 50 or more yards by a CSU kicker since 2008...also converted all 9 PAT attempts to tie for second-most in a game in Mountain West history
- For the second time in three weeks, connected on a 50-plus yard field goal...vs. Air Force (Nov. 30) hit a career-long 54-yard field goal as time expired on the first half, the 6th-longest field goal in school history and the longest since C.W. Hurst's 54-yarder vs. New Mexico State on Oct. 2, 1999
- For one week was the NCAA active leader for consecutive made field goals, connecting on a school-record 14 in a row dating back to 2012
- In a 59-42 win over Nevada (Nov. 9) earned Mountain West Special Teams Player of the Week and was named one of three "Stars of the Week," a national weekly award presented by the Palm Beach County Sports Commission...connected on all three field goals (20, 23 and 46), tying a career high and was perfect on three PAT attempts
- Against Alabama (9/21) scored the Rams' only points with two field goals (45 yards, 31 yards)
- Was a perfect 58-for-58 on point-after attempts, setting a school record for PATs made and attempted in a single season...last CSU kicker to complete a season without missing a PAT was Jason Smith (31-31) in 2008
- Finished the season having connected on 63 consecutive PATs, the longest streak in the Mountain West
- Went 4-for-4 in the 2013 Gildan New Mexico Bowl vs. Washington State (Dec. 21), including hitting a game-winning 41-yard field goal as time expired to give the Rams a 48-45 victory
- Chosen to serve as a game captain vs. UTEP (Sept. 28) and at Utah State (Nov. 23)
2012 (Sophomore): Was put on scholarship Aug. 23, just nine days before the season opener...had a successful year connecting on 9-of-10 field goals and making 29-of-31 PATs...was named second-team All-Mountain West.
- In his first collegiate game vs. Colorado (Sept. 1), connected on all three of his field goal attempts including kicks of 49 and 47 yards
- The performance against the Buffaloes earned him Mountain West Special Teams Player of the Week
- In a home defeat to Utah State (Sept. 22), went 2-for-2, with a long of 31 yards
- Went on a four game stretch without attempting a field goal before hitting a 30-yarder on the road at Wyoming (Nov. 3)
- In a home victory against UNLV (Nov. 10), hit two field goals, including a 49-yarder which was the longest by a Ram kicker since Jason Smith hit a 52-yarder at Utah on Oct. 18, 2008
- His performance vs. UNLV notched him his second Mountain West Special Teams Player of the Week honor
- Was named a weekly team captain before hitting a perfect 6-for-6 PATs in a home victory over Hawai'i (Oct. 27)
- Finished the year by connecting on a 48-yard field goal against New Mexico (Nov. 24), to give the Rams a 17-7 advantage
- Led the Rams in scoring with 56 points
High School: Lettered four years in soccer and twice in football at J.K. Mullen High School...selected to Centennial League first team in 2009...named special teams MVP by his teammates and coaching staff senior year...helped Mullen win two Colorado 5A state championships...head coach was Dave Logan.
Personal: Given name is Jared Roberts...born June 28, 1992 in Arvada, Colo. ...parents are Brian and Kathy Roberts...Father, Brian, played hockey at Bemidji State University...has one older sister, Jenna...earned his bachelor's degree in business administration in May 2014 with a minor in media studies at Colorado State...Hometown: Littleton, Colo.
Blake a nominee for Allstate AFCA Good Works Team
When it comes to volunteering in the community, Colorado State senior cornerback Bernard Blake...
Higgins earns spot on Biletnikoff Award...
Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard Higgins has earned preseason recognition from the ...
Aaron Davis earns preseason watch list...
Colorado State senior linebacker Aaron Davis was named Monday to the preseason watch list for the...
Sambrailo named to Rotary Lombardi Award Watch ...
Colorado State senior offensive tackle Ty Sambrailo continues to garner significant preseason...
Former Colorado A&M great Hughes to be...
Former Colorado A&M coach and athletic director Harry Hughes will be inducted into the Rocky...
Colorado State announces 2013-14 student-athlet...
Colorado State Athletics announced Friday the recipients of the department's annual awards for...
Football non-conference schedule for 2015...
With just 49 days remaining before the Colorado State football team begins its 2014 season, the...
Grayson completes day one at Manning Passing...
Thursday marked the first day of the 19th annual Manning Passing Academy, a four-day camp hosting...