NFL hopefuls worked out in front of 34 scouts
Senior returned a punt 91 yards at San Diego State
CSU plays complete game, earns 5th win
CSU loses to Wyoming for first time since 2012
True freshman quarterback throws for 315 yards, scores five total touchdowns
CSU Football vs. Idaho (Famous Idaho Potato Bowl) - 12/22/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Potato Bowl - Day 3
Potato Bowl - Day 1
CSU's regular-season finale at San Diego State, a 63-31 victory - 11/26/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU Football vs. New Mexico in the final game at Hughes Stadium - 11/19/16 [Photos by Tommy Joe Waido]
- Catches: 4- Wyoming, 2016
- Receiving Yards: 60- Fresno State, 2016
- Long Reception: 44- Fresno State, 2016
- Long Punt Return: 91- San Diego State, 2016
2016 (Senior): Named to Phil Steele's All-MW second team as a punt returner... Played in all 13 games and started four, ranking third on the team with 23 catches for 350 yards and three touchdowns (2nd on team)... returned 21 punts for 174 yards (8.3 avg), including a school-record 91-yard touchdown... former walk-on who was awarded a scholarship during preseason camp.
- Pulled in his first career touchdown catch on a 13-yard pass from QB Collin Hill against UNC (Sept. 17), just the second catch of his career
- Recorded a career-high four catches for 49 yards against Wyoming (Oct. 1)
- Pulled in two catches for a career-high 60 yards, inclduing a career-long 44-yard reception
- Logged two catches for 13 yards and a touchdown against Air Force (Nov. 5)
- Returned a punt 91 yards for a touchdown at San Diego State (Nov. 26), the longest in school history, in a game in which he also recorded a touchdown reception. Both scores came in the first half to help the Rams build a 42-24 lead en route to a 63-31 win.
2015 (Junior): Missed season due to injury sustained during fall camp.
2014 (Sophomore): Saw action in four games at wide receiver as well as on special teams.
2013 (Freshman): Saw action in six games at both wide receiver and on special teams... Made his collegiate debut vs. Colorado (9/1).
- Setup to return a punt late in the Rams’ season opener vs. Colorado (9/1).
- Lined up in the slot and made his first collegiate catch, vs. Cal Poly (9/14), an 11-yard gain.
2012 (Redshirt): Redshirted during his first collegiate season.
- Is a 2012 graduate of Valhalla High School in El Cajon, Calif.
- Earned All-Grossmont Hills honors as a senior as both a wide receiver and punt returner.
- Named Norsemen’s Most Valuable Player in 2011.
- Led Grossmont Hills to back-to-back league titles in 2010 and 2011.
- Head football coach was Charles Bussey.
- Played against former Ram Brett Etherton.
- Also lettered in track & field, earning all-conference honors as a punt returner.
- Was a four-year honor roll student.
Personal: Born July 31, 1994 in Laguna Beach, Calif. ... Hometown is El Cajon, Calif. ... Parents are Denise and Robert Ruiz... Has two uncles that played soccer at the collegiate level... Majoring in health and exercise science.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Bobo releases post-spring depth chart
Colorado State wrapped up its spring camp on April 22 and now will have weights and conditioning ...
Anticipation mounting for opening of new stadium
Following a highly successful first round of season-ticket purchases for Colorado State...
Green team claims victory with last-second...
Nick Stevens' five-yard touchdown pass to Olabisi Johnson on the final play of the game sent the ...
Spring Notebook: Rams ready for Green & Gold...
FORT COLLINS, Colo.— The Colorado State Rams held their 14th spring practice on Thursday...
Green & Gold Game and Spring Sports Festival...
Colorado State’s annual Green & Gold spring football game, presented by UCHealth and...
Spring Notebook: Johnson looking to build upon ...
FORT COLLINS, Colo.-- The Colorado State Rams began their final week of spring camp with their...
Spring Notebook: Rams finish week strong
FORT COLLINS, Colo.-- The Colorado State Rams held their 12th session of spring camp Saturday...
Spring Notebook: Watson, linebackers bring...
FORT COLLINS, Colo.-- The Colorado State Rams were back on the practice fields Thursday afternoon...