Senior returned a punt 91 yards at San Diego State
CSU plays complete game, earns 5th win
CSU loses to Wyoming for first time since 2012
True freshman quarterback throws for 315 yards, scores five total touchdowns
CSU's regular-season finale at San Diego State, a 63-31 victory - 11/26/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU Football vs. New Mexico in the final game at Hughes Stadium - 11/19/16 [Photos by Tommy Joe Waido]
Colorado State (37) vs. Fresno State (0) on Nov. 5, 2016 (Photos by Don Reichert)
CSU football at UNLV - 10/22/16 [Photos by Abbie Parr]
CSU football vs. Wyoming - 10/1/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
- Catches: 4- Wyoming, 2016
- Receiving Yards: 60- Fresno State, 2016
- Long Reception: 44- Fresno State, 2016
- Long Punt Return: 19- Minnesota, 2016
2016 (Senior): Has played in all 12 games and started four, ranking third on the team with 20 catches for 315 yards and three touchdowns (2nd on team)... has returned 20 punts for 178 yards (8.9 avg), including a school-record 91-yard touchdown... former walk-on who was awarded a scholarship during preseason camp.
- Pulled in his first career touchdown catch on a 13-yard pass from QB Collin Hill against UNC (Sept. 17), just the second catch of his career
- Recorded a career-high four catches for 49 yards against Wyoming (Oct. 1)
- Pulled in two catches for a career-high 60 yards, inclduing a career-long 44-yard reception
- Logged two catches for 13 yards and a touchdown against Air Force (Nov. 5)
- Returned a punt 91 yards for a touchdown at San Diego State (Nov. 26), the longest in school history, in a game in which he also recorded a touchdown reception. Both scores came in the first half to help the Rams build a 42-24 lead en route to a 63-31 win.
2015 (Junior): Missed season due to injury sustained during fall camp.
2014 (Sophomore): Saw action in four games at wide receiver as well as on special teams.
2013 (Freshman): Saw action in six games at both wide receiver and on special teams... Made his collegiate debut vs. Colorado (9/1).
- Setup to return a punt late in the Rams’ season opener vs. Colorado (9/1).
- Lined up in the slot and made his first collegiate catch, vs. Cal Poly (9/14), an 11-yard gain.
2012 (Redshirt): Redshirted during his first collegiate season.
- Is a 2012 graduate of Valhalla High School in El Cajon, Calif.
- Earned All-Grossmont Hills honors as a senior as both a wide receiver and punt returner.
- Named Norsemen’s Most Valuable Player in 2011.
- Led Grossmont Hills to back-to-back league titles in 2010 and 2011.
- Head football coach was Charles Bussey.
- Played against former Ram Brett Etherton.
- Also lettered in track & field, earning all-conference honors as a punt returner.
- Was a four-year honor roll student.
Personal: Born July 31, 1994 in Laguna Beach, Calif. ... Hometown is El Cajon, Calif. ... Parents are Denise and Robert Ruiz... Has two uncles that played soccer at the collegiate level... Majoring in health and exercise science.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 12
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...
8 Rams earn All-Mountain West recognition
The Mountain West announced its all-conference football teams Tuesday afternoon, with eight...
Ruiz breaks 90-year-old record for the ages
It took 90 years and 40 days or 930 games for the oldest record in the CSU record books to fall,...
Rams close regular season in dominant fashion...
The Colorado State Rams turned in their most dominant all-around performance of the season in a...
Friend named Broyles Award nominee for 2nd year...
For the second consecutive season, Colorado State offensive coordinator Will Friend is a nominee ...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: San Diego State
Brian Roth and Mark Driscoll of the CSU Rams Radio Network break down last Saturday's #FarewellHu...
Game Notes: CSU football at San Diego State,...
Coming off of a bowl-clinching victory over New Mexico, the Rams travel to San Diego State to...
Recap: Rams honor Hughes with bowl-clinching...
In the 262nd and final game at Hughes Stadium, the Colorado State Rams beat the New Mexico...