Sophomore receiver leads nation in receiving yards, touchdowns
Award given annually to top player from the state of Texas
CSU WR one of two wide receivers on watch list
Higgins one of 10 receivers up for prestigious award
Roberts makes 46-yard field goal as time expires
CSU Football vs. New Mexico - photos by Don Reichert
NCAA Football: New Mexico at Colorado State (USATSI)
Colorado State at San Josè State - Nov. 1, 2014 (Dan Byers)
Colorado State at San Josè State - Nov. 1, 2014 (Don Reichert)
CSU Football vs. Wyoming - photos by Don Reichert
Career Division I games played/started: 24/24(10/10 in 2014... 14/14 in 2013)
2014 (Sophomore): One of 10 semifinalists for Biletnikoff Award and one of 15 Players to Watch for the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award...has started 10 of 11 games and leads the team with 77 receptions for 1,447 yards (18.8) and 15 touchdowns, setting school single-season records for receiving yards and touchdowns...No. 1 among FBS players in receiving yards, receiving yards per game (144.7) and receiving touchdowns...his 15 touchdowns average an astonishing 34.9 yards in length, and include two touchdowns of 73 yards, both tying for the longest receptions of his career... has 10 career 100-yard receiving games, including eight this season, and a current school-record streak of six in a row.
- Registered a career-high 11 receptions for 143 yards at Boise State (Sept. 6)
- Had seven receptions for 147 yards against UC Davis (Sept. 13), putting him over the 1,000-yard receiving mark in just 17 games
- His 21-yard touchdown catch against Boston College (Sept. 27) helped the Rams win their third consecutive game against teams from Power 5 conference
2013 (Freshman): Started all 14 games as a true freshman and led the Rams with 68 receptions for 837 yards (12.3) and six touchdowns...his six receiving touchdowns rank fourth among all NCAA FBS freshmen (three players had seven)...also third in receptions and fourth in receiving yards nationally among freshmen...earned honorable mention on Campus Insiders' FBS All-Freshman team.
- Broke the CSU freshman record for receptions in a season with 68, a number that ranks sixth in CSU single-season history
- His 68 receptions were the most by a Rams pass-catcher since David Anderson's 86 in 2005
- His 837 receiving yards were the most by a CSU player since Rashaun Greer in 2008 (1,114)
- At Alabama (Sept. 21) caught seven passes for 71 yards
- Set a CSU freshman record by registering 156 receiving yards vs. UTEP (Sept. 28), the most by a freshman in the Mountain West in 2013...also hauled in a career-high 2 touchdowns...named College Football Performance Awards honorable mention Wide Receiver of the Week and Earl Campbell Tyer Rose honorable mention
- Caught 10 passes vs. Boise State (Nov. 2) to tie the CSU freshman record and set a new career high. It was the most receptions by a Rams pass catcher since Tyson Liggett's 11 receptions on Sept. 26, 2009 at BYU
- Earned player of the game honors from coaching staff vs. Nevada (Nov. 9) for his downfield blocking to help running back Kapri Bibbs set the school rushing record with 312 yards
- In the Rams' regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30), caught 7 passes for 127 yards and two touchdowns, tying a career high
- In the Rams' win over Washington State in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 21) caught four passes for 42 yards
- Earned nine letters, including three in football, at Mesquite (Texas) High School.
- Hauled in 69 receptions for 1,136 yards (16.5) and 10 TDs as a senior for the Skeeters.
- In 49-35 win over Plano West, had a career-best eight receptions for 155 yards and a TD. On the first play of the second quarter, caught a pass and took it 70 yards to give Mesquite a 14-7 lead.
- Skeeters offense outscored opponents on average 43-21 while compiling an 11-1 record and becoming District 12-5A and Bi-District champions.
- One of only six undefeated teams to make the Texas state playoffs...advanced to the second round but lost to eventual state champion Allen High School 50-28.
- Finished his senior year earning first-team District 12-5A, All-Texas first-team and honorable mention by the Associated Press in the 5A classification.
- Earned the Mesquite High School Outstanding Receiver Award.
- Junior season, named first-team All-District 11-5A, helping Mesquite to a 7-6 record and their first winning season in three years.
- Advanced to the third round of the Texas state 5A playoffs with upset wins over 8-3 Belton and 9-3 Garland before losing 24-6 to The Woodlands.
- 2011 campaign ended with the Skeeters becoming Bi-District and area champions after making it to the regional semifinals.
- Head football coach was Robbie Robinson.
- Also played basketball, averaging 17 points per game, and ran track at Mesquite.
Personal: Given name is Rashard Malick Higgins..born Oct. 7, 1994 in Dallas, Texas...mother's name is Jeanette Jackson...Has two older siblings, one sister and one brother...Pre-construction management major at CSU...Hometown: Mesquite, Texas.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
McElwain named semifinalist for Maxwell...
Colorado State head football coach Jim McElwain was named one of 20 semifinalists for the Maxwell...
Higgins named to 'Players to Watch' list for...
The national recognition continues to roll in for Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard ...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. New...
Colorado State hosts New Mexico on Saturday, Nov. 22, at Hughes Stadium in Fort Collins, Colo....
CSU's Higgins semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard Higgins was named a semifinalist for the...
Grayson on 2014 Heisman Aspirant list
Colorado State senior quarterback Garrett Grayson continues to garner significant national...
Rams earn spot in AP, Coaches polls
Enjoying its best start since 1997, Colorado State (9-1, 5-1 MW) is ranked No. 25 in the USA...
Football Recap: Rams extend nation's fourth-lon...
The Colorado State Rams (9-1, 5-1 MW) extended the nation's fourth-longest winning streak to...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Hawai'i, Nov. 8
On Saturday, Nov. 8, Colorado State plays host to Hawai'i. Kick off is set for 5 p.m. and fans...