Rams run 25-minute 'scrimmage' to end practice
Scrimmage at Dove Valley will be open to Ram Club members, 2015 season-ticket holders
Higgins one of 19 All-Americans to attend banquet
CSU wide receiver is second consecutive Rams football player to earn prestigious award
Higgins one of 17 players on exclusive list
Photos from Colorado State's third spring football practice from Don Reichert
CSU vs. Air Force football
CSU Football vs. New Mexico - photos by Don Reichert
NCAA Football: New Mexico at Colorado State (USATSI)
Colorado State at San Josè State - Nov. 1, 2014 (Dan Byers)
Career Division I games played/started: 26/26 (12/12 in 2014... 14/14 in 2013)
2014 (Sophomore): First Rams football player since 1995, and only third in school history, to be named concensus first-team All-American... Voted first-team all-Mountain West by vote of coaches and media... Finalist for Biletnikoff Award and one of 15 Players to Watch for the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award...selected as male college athlete of the year by the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame...Started 12 games and led the team with 96 receptions for 1,750 yards (18.2) and 17 touchdowns, setting CSI single-season records for receiving yards and touchdowns...No. 1 among FBS players in receiving yards as well as receiving touchdowns... ranks first in the nation in yards-per-catch amongst players with 65+ receptions... his 17 touchdowns average an astonishing 34.9 yards in length, and include two touchdowns of 73 yards, both tying for the longest receptions of his career... has 12 career 100-yard receiving games, including 10 in 2014, and a school-record streak of nine in a row, which was the longest active streak nationally... The 10 100-yard receiving games this season ranks second all-time among Mountain West Players.
- Registered a then career-high 11 receptions for 143 yards at Boise State (Sept. 6)
- Had seven receptions for 147 yards against UC Davis (Sept. 13), putting him over the 1,000-yard receiving mark in just 17 games
- His 21-yard touchdown catch against Boston College (Sept. 27) helped the Rams win their third consecutive game against teams from Power 5 conference
2013 (Freshman): Started all 14 games as a true freshman and led the Rams with 68 receptions for 837 yards (12.3) and six touchdowns...his six receiving touchdowns rank fourth among all NCAA FBS freshmen (three players had seven)...also third in receptions and fourth in receiving yards nationally among freshmen...earned honorable mention on Campus Insiders' FBS All-Freshman team.
- Broke the CSU freshman record for receptions in a season with 68, a number that ranks sixth in CSU single-season history
- His 68 receptions were the most by a Rams pass-catcher since David Anderson's 86 in 2005
- His 837 receiving yards were the most by a CSU player since Rashaun Greer in 2008 (1,114)
- At Alabama (Sept. 21) caught seven passes for 71 yards
- Set a CSU freshman record by registering 156 receiving yards vs. UTEP (Sept. 28), the most by a freshman in the Mountain West in 2013...also hauled in a career-high 2 touchdowns...named College Football Performance Awards honorable mention Wide Receiver of the Week and Earl Campbell Tyer Rose honorable mention
- Caught 10 passes vs. Boise State (Nov. 2) to tie the CSU freshman record and set a new career high. It was the most receptions by a Rams pass catcher since Tyson Liggett's 11 receptions on Sept. 26, 2009 at BYU
- Earned player of the game honors from coaching staff vs. Nevada (Nov. 9) for his downfield blocking to help running back Kapri Bibbs set the school rushing record with 312 yards
- In the Rams' regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30), caught 7 passes for 127 yards and two touchdowns, tying a career high
- In the Rams' win over Washington State in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 21) caught four passes for 42 yards
- Earned nine letters, including three in football, at Mesquite (Texas) High School.
- Hauled in 69 receptions for 1,136 yards (16.5) and 10 TDs as a senior for the Skeeters.
- In 49-35 win over Plano West, had a career-best eight receptions for 155 yards and a TD. On the first play of the second quarter, caught a pass and took it 70 yards to give Mesquite a 14-7 lead.
- Skeeters offense outscored opponents on average 43-21 while compiling an 11-1 record and becoming District 12-5A and Bi-District champions.
- One of only six undefeated teams to make the Texas state playoffs...advanced to the second round but lost to eventual state champion Allen High School 50-28.
- Finished his senior year earning first-team District 12-5A, All-Texas first-team and honorable mention by the Associated Press in the 5A classification.
- Earned the Mesquite High School Outstanding Receiver Award.
- Junior season, named first-team All-District 11-5A, helping Mesquite to a 7-6 record and their first winning season in three years.
- Advanced to the third round of the Texas state 5A playoffs with upset wins over 8-3 Belton and 9-3 Garland before losing 24-6 to The Woodlands.
- 2011 campaign ended with the Skeeters becoming Bi-District and area champions after making it to the regional semifinals.
- Head football coach was Robbie Robinson.
- Also played basketball, averaging 17 points per game, and ran track at Mesquite.
Personal: Given name is Rashard Malick Higgins..born Oct. 7, 1994 in Dallas, Texas...mother's name is Jeanette Jackson...Has two older siblings, one sister and one brother...Pre-construction management major at CSU...Hometown: Mesquite, Texas.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Spring Notebook: Practice 2
The Rams have finished their first week of spring practice under first-year head coach Mike Bobo,...
Colorado State holds annual Pro Day
Seven former Rams who graduated in 2014 worked out in front of 37 NFL scouts representing all 32 ...
Spring Notebook: Rams football completes first ...
Colorado State opened its first football spring practice under first-year head coach Mike Bobo on...
Ram Good Time Auction sees record fundraising...
Supporters of Colorado State Athletics came through with a record-breaking performance Saturday...
Rams, Bobo ready for spring ball, practice...
First-year head football coach Mike Bobo and the Colorado State Rams begin spring practice on...
Football Pro Day set for March 11 at CSU
After one of the best football seasons in Colorado State history, it's no surprise that a number ...
CSU's Grayson invited to Jon Gruden QB Camp
Colorado State quarterback Garrett Grayson has been invited to the sixth annual Jon Gruden...
CSU football team to hold spring scrimmage at...
Colorado State University and the Denver Broncos announced Tuesday that the Rams' football...