Roberts makes 46-yard field goal as time expires
CSU vs. Tulsa
CSU vs. Tulsa
CSU vs. UC Davis
CSU vs. UC Davis
CSU football vs. Utah State - Oct. 18, 2014 (Dan Byers)
CSU football vs. Utah State - Oct. 18, 2014 (Don Reichert)
Football versus the Utah State Aggies on October 18, 2014.
Colorado State earned a road victory at Nevada, 31-24, on Oct. 11, 2014. (Photos by Don Reichert)
CSU Football vs. Tulsa - photos by Done Reichert
Career Division I games played/started: 21/21(7/7 in 2014... 14/14 in 2013)
2014 (Sophomore): Has started all seven games and leads the team with 54 receptions for 963 yards (17.8) and a career-high 10 touchdowns, which is secondamong all FBS players and first in the Mountain West... his 963 yards ranks second in the NCAA FBS, and first in the Mountain West... has seven career 100-yard receiving games, including five this season.
- Registered a career-high 11 receptions for 143 yards at Boise State (Sept. 6)
- Had seven receptions for 147 yards against UC Davis (Sept. 13), putting him over the 1,000-yard receiving mark in just 17 games
- His 21-yard touchdown catch against Boston College (Sept. 27) helped the Rams win their third consecutive game against teams from Power 5 conferences
2013 (Freshman): Started all 14 games as a true freshman and led the Rams with 68 receptions for 837 yards (12.3) and six touchdowns...his six receiving touchdowns rank fourth among all NCAA FBS freshmen (three players had seven)...also third in receptions and fourth in receiving yards nationally among freshmen...earned honorable mention on Campus Insiders' FBS All-Freshman team.
- Broke the CSU freshman record for receptions in a season with 68, a number that ranks sixth in CSU single-season history
- His 68 receptions were the most by a Rams pass-catcher since David Anderson's 86 in 2005
- His 837 receiving yards were the most by a CSU player since Rashaun Greer in 2008 (1,114)
- At Alabama (Sept. 21) caught seven passes for 71 yards
- Set a CSU freshman record by registering 156 receiving yards vs. UTEP (Sept. 28), the most by a freshman in the Mountain West in 2013...also hauled in a career-high 2 touchdowns...named College Football Performance Awards honorable mention Wide Receiver of the Week and Earl Campbell Tyer Rose honorable mention
- Caught 10 passes vs. Boise State (Nov. 2) to tie the CSU freshman record and set a new career high. It was the most receptions by a Rams pass catcher since Tyson Liggett's 11 receptions on Sept. 26, 2009 at BYU
- Earned player of the game honors from coaching staff vs. Nevada (Nov. 9) for his downfield blocking to help running back Kapri Bibbs set the school rushing record with 312 yards
- In the Rams' regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30), caught 7 passes for 127 yards and two touchdowns, tying a career high
- In the Rams' win over Washington State in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 21) caught four passes for 42 yards
- Earned nine letters, including three in football, at Mesquite (Texas) High School.
- Hauled in 69 receptions for 1,136 yards (16.5) and 10 TDs as a senior for the Skeeters.
- In 49-35 win over Plano West, had a career-best eight receptions for 155 yards and a TD. On the first play of the second quarter, caught a pass and took it 70 yards to give Mesquite a 14-7 lead.
- Skeeters offense outscored opponents on average 43-21 while compiling an 11-1 record and becoming District 12-5A and Bi-District champions.
- One of only six undefeated teams to make the Texas state playoffs...advanced to the second round but lost to eventual state champion Allen High School 50-28.
- Finished his senior year earning first-team District 12-5A, All-Texas first-team and honorable mention by the Associated Press in the 5A classification.
- Earned the Mesquite High School Outstanding Receiver Award.
- Junior season, named first-team All-District 11-5A, helping Mesquite to a 7-6 record and their first winning season in three years.
- Advanced to the third round of the Texas state 5A playoffs with upset wins over 8-3 Belton and 9-3 Garland before losing 24-6 to The Woodlands.
- 2011 campaign ended with the Skeeters becoming Bi-District and area champions after making it to the regional semifinals.
- Head football coach was Robbie Robinson.
- Also played basketball, averaging 17 points per game, and ran track at Mesquite.
Personal: Given name is Rashard Malick Higgins..born Oct. 7, 1994 in Dallas, Texas...mother's name is Jeanette Jackson...Has two older siblings, one sister and one brother...Pre-construction management major at CSU...Hometown: Mesquite, Texas.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Football Recap: Rams withstand Wolf Pack for...
Behind record-breaking performances from senior quarterback Garrett Grayson and sophomore wide...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football at Nevada, Oct. 11
On Saturday, Oct. 11 the Rams travel to Reno, Nev., to take on the Wolf Pack of Nevada. Kickoff...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State at Nevada, ...
The Colorado State football program travels to Reno, Nev., for the first time since 2010, as they...
Football Recap: Higgins' career-day propels...
The Colorado State Rams (4-1, 0-1 MW) put on an offensive exhibition for the 25,8xx fans in...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Tulsa, Oct. 4
Colorado State returns to Fort Collins for its second home game of the 2014 season. The Rams face...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. Tulsa, ...
The Colorado State Rams play host to the Tulsa Golden Hurricane on Saturday, Oct. 4. The two...
Football recap: CSU completes come-from-behind ...
The Colorado State Rams (3-1, 0-0 MW) once again proved to be a formidable opponent against a "Po...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football at Boston College,...
On Saturday, Sept. 27, the Rams travel east to Boston College for a non-conference clash vs. the ...