Rams eager to don full pads
Gaines, Higgins, Zerblis headline first team
Higgins earns first team All-MW, All-America honors
List includes all 16 sports, 6 colleges
Pierre-Louis returns to practice on Tuesday
Practice No. 11 of fall training camp was held at Hughes Stadium, and was the first of two scrimmages - 8/15/15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Photos from Colorado State's annual Green and Gold Spring Game - 4-18-15 (photos by Don Reichert)
CSU Football vs. New Mexico - photos by Don Reichert
CSU football vs. Tulsa - Oct. 4, 2014 (Tom Waido)
Colorado State football
Career Division I games played/started: 35/25(12/11 in 2014...13/12 in 2013...10/2 in 2012).
- Played in 12 games, recording 11 starts...ranked third on the team with 85 tackles (50 solo), including three tackles for loss and a sack, and a forced fumble.
- Chosen to serve as a game captain at Boise State (Sept. 6)
- Registered a season-best 10 tackles (four solo) and one pass breakup against Tulsa (Oct. 4)
- Recorded a team-high nine tackles (six solo), including his first career sack, and a fumble recovery in a home victory over Hawai’i (Nov. 8)
- Recorded at least nine tackles in six games in 2014
- CSU’s defense is only allowing 23.4 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams defense since 2006 (21.9)
- Recorded a team-high nine tackles in the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl game (Dec. 20)
- Played in 13 of the 14 contests and started 12, finishing fourth on the team with 77 tackles (33 solo)...also forced two fumbles, had one interception and one tackle for loss, while breaking up three passes.
- In the season-opener against Colorado (Sept. 1), registered a career-high 15 tackles
- Had two games with half tackles for loss, vs. Cal Poly (Sept. 14) and vs. San Jose State (Oct. 12)
- On the road at Hawai’i (Oct. 26), picked off his first career pass, a diving interception late in the third quarter
- Forced his first fumble of the season in a losing effort at Utah State (Nov. 23) and played a crucial role in limiting Utah State to 43 yards, the fewest passing yards against the Rams since Oct. 31, 2003 vs. Air Force (29 yards)
- In CSU’s regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30), recorded three tackles and had his second forced fumble in as many games
- Served as a team captain vs. UTEP (Sept. 28)
- Registered 34 tackles in 10 games for the Rams. Began the season as a reserve in the secondary but injuries gave him a chance to start the final two games.
- Recorded first career tackle at the end of the first quarter against Colorado (Sept. 1)...finished the Rocky Mountain Showdown with two solo stops.
- Had six total tackles on the road at Air Force (Sept. 29) and at No. 22 Boise State (Nov. 17).
- Air Force, forced a fumble as the Falcons were driving deep in Colorado State territory...Pierre-Louis delivered a crushing blow on Connor Dietz jarring the ball loose forcing his first career fumble.
- In the season-finale vs. New Mexico (Nov. 24), recorded a career-best 11 tackles (six solo) in a 24-20 victory over the Lobos...in the third quarter the Lobos had the ball inside the redzone but Pierre-Louis combined with Shaq Bell to stuff New Mexico running back Chase Clayton in the backfield.
2011 (Redshirt): Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: A physical safety, quarterback, running back and wide receiver for the Rams of Del Rio, Texas, a city of 37,000 on the U.S.-Mexico border about three hours due west of San Antonio...Earned District 5A-29 Outstanding Defensive Back honors after his senior campaign, and three consecutive first-team all-district selections as a safety...Also garnered team MVP recognition twice...Helped DRHS to bi-district and area championships on a team that finished 8-3 in 2010 and 10-3 in 2009, when the Rams advanced to the third round of the Texas Class 5A state playoffs...As a senior in 2010, posted 74 tackles and three interceptions, including a touchdown return, and compiled better than 600 yards and 12 touchdowns as a running back, with 10 catches for almost 200 yards as a pass-catcher...As a junior in 2009, had 75 stops and three picks the year before...Voted team captain each of his last three years...Head football coaches were Steven Hoffman and Ryan Trevino...Also lettered in track...Owned a 3.2 GPA...Had 4.5-second speed in the 40-yard dash...Also recruited by Florida, TCU, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Clemson, UTEP, Texas A&M and SMU...Chose CSU over offers from Colorado, New Mexico and UTEP...Patterns his play after the late Sean Taylor.
Personal: Given name Kevin Pierre-Louis ...Born Nov. 3, 1993, in Brooklyn, N.Y. ...Son of Maries Pierre-Louis...Mother and most of his family are natives of Haiti and survived the 2010 earthquake, although their home was destroyed...The youngest of four children, has three older brothers ...Older brother Wondy Pierre-Louis won two national championships under former CSU assistant Urban Meyer at Florida...Another brother, Jayden Richards, played football at the University at Buffalo...Earned his bachelor's degree in business administration in May 2015...Hometown: Del Rio, Texas.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Scrimmage 2
Last week’s scrimmage was dominated by the offense, but the defense turned the tide on...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 13
Colorado State held morning practice Friday, the first of two for the day, which is the final day...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 12
Nearly two weeks into training camp, head coach Mike Bobo said Wednesday that his team is on...
Higgins named to Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award...
Rashard Higgins added the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Watch List to his résumé on...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 11
One day after head coach Mike Bobo named Nick Stevens Colorado State’s starting quarterback...
Bobo names Nick Stevens as Rams' starting...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced on Monday that redshirt sophomore Nick...
Albertsons/Safeway announces title sponsorship ...
Albertsons/Safeway, in association with the Colorado State University and the University of...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Scrimmage 1
Colorado State put what it has been working on into action Saturday, hosting a 90-minute, 100-pla...