Gaines, Higgins, Zerblis headline first team
Higgins earns first team All-MW, All-America honors
List includes all 16 sports, 6 colleges
Pierre-Louis returns to practice on Tuesday
Wide receiver Anderson shines with two touchdowns
Photos from Colorado State's annual Green and Gold Spring Game - 4-18-15 (photos by Don Reichert)
CSU Football vs. New Mexico - photos by Don Reichert
CSU football vs. Tulsa - Oct. 4, 2014 (Tom Waido)
Colorado State football
Colorado State football vs. Boise State - Nov. 2, 2013 (Dan Byers)
Career Division I games played/started: 35/25(12/11 in 2014...13/12 in 2013...10/2 in 2012).
2014 (Junior): Has played in 12games, recording 11 starts, ranking third on the team with 85 tackles (50 solo), including three tackles for loss and a sack, and a forced fumble.
- Chosen to serve as a game captain at Boise State (Sept. 6)
- Registered a season-best 10 tackles (four solo) and one pass breakup against Tulsa (Oct. 4)
- Recorded a team-high nine tackles (six solo), including his first career sack, and a fumble recovery in a home victory over Hawai'i (Nov. 8)
- Recorded at least nine tackles in six games in 2014
- CSU's defense is only allowing 23.4 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams defense since 2006 (21.9)
- Recorded a team-high nine tackles in the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl game (Dec. 20)
- In the season-opener against Colorado (Sept. 1), registered a career-high 15 tackles
- Had two games with half tackles for loss, vs. Cal Poly (Sept. 14) and vs. San Jose State (Oct. 12)
- On the road at Hawai'i (Oct. 26), picked off his first career pass, a diving interception late in the third quarter
- Forced his first fumble of the season in a losing effort at Utah State (Nov. 23) and played a crucial role in limiting Utah State to 43 yards, the fewest passing yards against the Rams since Oct. 31, 2003 vs. Air Force (29 yards)
- In CSU's regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30), recorded three tackles and had his second forced fumble in as many games
- Served as a team captain vs. UTEP (Sept. 28)
2012 (Freshman): Registered 34 tackles in 10 games for the Rams. Began the season as a reserve in the secondary but injuries gave him a chance to start the final two games.
- Recorded first career tackle at the end of the first quarter against Colorado (Sept. 1)...finished the Rocky Mountain Showdown with two solo stops.
- Had six total tackles on the road at Air Force (Sept. 29) and at No. 22 Boise State (Nov. 17).
- Air Force, forced a fumble as the Falcons were driving deep in Colorado State territory...Pierre-Louis delivered a crushing blow on Connor Dietz jarring the ball loose forcing his first career fumble.
- In the season-finale vs. New Mexico (Nov. 24), recorded a career-best 11 tackles (six solo) in a 24-20 victory over the Lobos...in the third quarter the Lobos had the ball inside the redzone but Pierre-Louis combined with Shaq Bell to stuff New Mexico running back Chase Clayton in the backfield.
2011: Did not play; redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: A physical safety, quarterback, running back and wide receiver for the Rams of Del Rio, Texas, a city of 37,000 on the U.S.-Mexico border about three hours due west of San Antonio...Earned District 5A-29 Outstanding Defensive Back honors after his senior campaign, and three consecutive first-team all-district selections as a safety...Also garnered team MVP recognition twice...Helped DRHS to bi-district and area championships on a team that finished 8-3 in 2010 and 10-3 in 2009, when the Rams advanced to the third round of the Texas Class 5A state playoffs...As a senior in 2010, posted 74 tackles and three interceptions, including a touchdown return, and compiled better than 600 yards and 12 touchdowns as a running back, with 10 catches for almost 200 yards as a pass-catcher...As a junior in 2009, had 75 stops and three picks the year before...Voted team captain each of his last three years...Head football coaches were Steven Hoffman and Ryan Trevino...Also lettered in track...Owned a 3.2 GPA...Had 4.5-second speed in the 40-yard dash...Also recruited by Florida, TCU, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Clemson, UTEP, Texas A&M and SMU...Chose CSU over offers from Colorado, New Mexico and UTEP...Patterns his play after the late Sean Taylor
Personal: Given name Kevin Pierre-Louis ...Born Nov. 3, 1993, in Brooklyn, N.Y. ...Son of Maries Pierre-Louis...Mother and most of his family are natives of Haiti and survived the 2010 earthquake, although their home was destroyed...The youngest of four children, has three older brothers ...Older brother Wondy Pierre-Louis won two national championships under former CSU assistant Urban Meyer at Florida...Another brother, Jayden Richards, played football at the University at Buffalo...Majoring in business administration...Hometown: Del Rio, Texas.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams' Sept. 26 game at UTSA to be televised...
Colorado State's Sept. 26 football game at the University of Texas at San Antonio will kick off...
11 Rams named to Phil Steele's 2015...
Phil Steele announced his 2015 Preseason All-Mountain West teams on Monday, and included were 11 ...
Single-game tickets for Rams football on sale...
Single-game tickets for Colorado State's seven home football games in 2015 will go on sale to the...
Single-game tickets for Rams football go on...
Single-game tickets for Colorado State's 2015 home football schedule will go on sale to the...
Remembering Lt. Col. John W. Mosley
He was to Colorado State University what Jackie Robinson was to Major League Baseball. On Friday ...
Amazing Grads: SteveO Michel
It's difficult to imagine a more unlikely college graduate than Steve Michel.
CSU AD presents stadium renderings to Board of ...
Joe Parker was formally introduced Thursday to the Board of Governors of the Colorado State...
Coach Bobo Football Camps to begin in June
Beginning in June, head coach Mike Bobo and his coaching staff will be hosting football camps in ...