Photos from Colorado State's annual Green and Gold Spring Game - 4-18-15 (photos by Don Reichert)
Photos from Colorado State's spring scrimmage by Dan Byers
CSU Football vs. San José State; Oct. 12, 2013
Colorado State vs. Hawai'i - Oct. 27, 2012
Career Division I games played/started: 33/0 (11/0 in 2014...10/0 in 2013...12/0 in 2012).
2014 (Junior): Played in 11 games, posting 18 tackles (eight solo), including half a sack and registering one pass breakup. Towards the end of the season, was primarily used on special teams.
- Recorded two tackles and half a sack at Boise State (Sept.6)
- Career-high eight tackles in CSU's home-opener vs. UC Davis (Sept. 13)
- Chosen to serve as a weekly captain at Boston College (Sept. 27) and at San Jose State (Nov. 1)
- Registered a career high seven tackles (3 solo) in a home loss to San Jose State (Oct. 12)
- Saw an increase in playing time in the Rams' regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30) because of an injury to Cory James. Finished the game with four tackles and his first career forced fumble
- Served as team captain vs. San Jose State (Oct. 12)
2012 (Freshman): Completed his redshirt freshman season with 34 total tackles and one fumble recovery in a defense that is always rotating in fresh legs...played in all 12 games for the Rams.
- Fa'apito recorded his first career tackle vs. in-state rival Colorado (Sept. 1)
- Had six tackles in home-opener against North Dakota State (Sept. 8)
- Assisted on a tackle with Lanston Tanyi to force the Bison into a fourth-and-one
- Played in his third career game as a Ram when CSU traveled to his home-state California to play San Jose State
- Followed up a four-tackle performance against Utah State (Sept. 22) with a six tackle game at Air Force (Sept. 29)
- Registered two solo stops on the road at San Diego State (Oct. 13)
2011: Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: An all-CIF Southern Section and all-Desert Sun linebacker as a senior at La Quinta High School, about 40 miles southeast of Palm Springs, Calif., lettered three years for the Blackhawks...played fullback and linebacker as a senior captain in 2010, finishing with 116 tackles, nearly 20 stops behind the line of scrimmage, and six sacks...also forced two fumbles and recovered another, playing in every game for a 10-3 team that advanced to the CIF state semifinals...as a fullback, had four carries for 36 yards and one touchdown, and caught five passes for 68 yards and another TD...voted Most Valuable Linebacker by his coaches and teammates...as a junior in 2009, helped the Blackhawks to an 8-4 record and a berth in the second round of the playoffs, playing defensive end and fullback...also earned recognition on the prestigious National Football Foundation Scholar Athlete Team of Riverside County, for his athletic, academic and community-service achievements...head football coach was Dan Armstrong...also played rugby at LQHS, as a club athlete in 2009-10 before helping to inaugurate the program as a varsity sport in 2010-11...Owned a 3.0 GPA...Had 4.71-second speed in the 40-yard dash and bench pressed 300 pounds...Also recruited by San Diego State, Boise State, Nevada and San Jose State.
Personal: Given name Nu'uvali Daniel Fa'apito Jr. ...Name is pronounced new-OO-vall-ee fah-ah-PEE-toh...Born Dec. 26, 1992, in Long Beach, Calif. ...Son of Nu'uvali Fa'apito Sr. and Christy Vandever...Has two younger brothers and one younger sister...First name translates to painted village in Samoan...Both his dad Nu'uvali and two uncles, Pete and Fafi, played football at Cerritos J.C....Majoring in communications at Colorado State...Hometown: La Quinta, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Higgins named candidate for Walter Camp Player ...
College football’s watch list season concluded on Friday, with Colorado State junior...
Limited tickets remain for Rams at the Rockies ...
Colorado State University is taking over Coors Field on Saturday, Aug. 15, for the Colorado...
Matthews recognized for community involvement
Senior Trent Matthews was recognized for his community involvement, being named to the Wuerfell...
Higgins named to Biletnikoff Award watch list
2014 Biletnikoff Award finalist Rashard Higgins, who led the NCAA FBS in yards, touchdowns and...
James selected to Butkus Award Watch List
Senior Cory James was named to the Butkus Award Watch List on Tuesday, an award which annually...
Matthews named to Jim Thorpe Award watch list
Colorado State senior Trent Matthews was recognized as one of the top defensive backs in the...
Hunt selected to Ray Guy Award Watch List
The Augusta Sports Council named Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt to its 2015 Ray Guy Award...
CSU's Cartwright, Walker named to John...
CSU was one of two schools nationally to have multiple players named to the 2015 John Mackey...