Career Division I games played/started:28/0 (9/0 in 2014...10/0 in 2013...12/0 in 2012).
2014 (Junior): Has played in nine games and posted 18 tackles (eight solo), and registered a half sack.
- Recorded two tackles and half a sack at Boise State (Sept.6)
- Chosen to be captain at Boston College (Sept.13)
- Chosen to serve as a weekly captain vs. San Jose State (Nov.1)
- Registered a career high seven tackles (3 solo) in a home loss to San Jose State (Oct. 12)
- Saw an increase in playing time in the Rams' regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30) because of an injury to Cory James. Finished the game with four tackles and his first career forced fumble
- Served as team captain vs. San Jose State (Oct. 12)
2012 (Freshman): Completed his redshirt freshman season with 34 total tackles and one fumble recovery in a defense that is always rotating in fresh legs...played in all 12 games for the Rams.
- Fa'apito recorded his first career tackle vs. in-state rival Colorado (Sept. 1)
- Had six tackles in home-opener against North Dakota State (Sept. 8)
- Assisted on a tackle with Lanston Tanyi to force the Bison into a fourth-and-one
- Played in his third career game as a Ram when CSU traveled to his home-state California to play San Jose State
- Followed up a four-tackle performance against Utah State (Sept. 22) with a six tackle game at Air Force (Sept. 29)
- Registered two solo stops on the road at San Diego State (Oct. 13)
2011: Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: An all-CIF Southern Section and all-Desert Sun linebacker as a senior at La Quinta High School, about 40 miles southeast of Palm Springs, Calif., lettered three years for the Blackhawks...played fullback and linebacker as a senior captain in 2010, finishing with 116 tackles, nearly 20 stops behind the line of scrimmage, and six sacks...also forced two fumbles and recovered another, playing in every game for a 10-3 team that advanced to the CIF state semifinals...as a fullback, had four carries for 36 yards and one touchdown, and caught five passes for 68 yards and another TD...voted Most Valuable Linebacker by his coaches and teammates...as a junior in 2009, helped the Blackhawks to an 8-4 record and a berth in the second round of the playoffs, playing defensive end and fullback...also earned recognition on the prestigious National Football Foundation Scholar Athlete Team of Riverside County, for his athletic, academic and community-service achievements...head football coach was Dan Armstrong...also played rugby at LQHS, as a club athlete in 2009-10 before helping to inaugurate the program as a varsity sport in 2010-11...Owned a 3.0 GPA...Had 4.71-second speed in the 40-yard dash and bench pressed 300 pounds...Also recruited by San Diego State, Boise State, Nevada and San Jose State.
Personal: Given name Nu'uvali Daniel Fa'apito Jr. ...Name is pronounced new-OO-vall-ee fah-ah-PEE-toh...Born Dec. 26, 1992, in Long Beach, Calif. ...Son of Nu'uvali Fa'apito Sr. and Christy Vandever...Has two younger brothers and one younger sister...First name translates to painted village in Samoan...Both his dad Nu'uvali and two uncles, Pete and Fafi, played football at Cerritos J.C....Majoring in communications at Colorado State...Hometown: La Quinta, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
McElwain named semifinalist for Maxwell...
Colorado State head football coach Jim McElwain was named one of 20 semifinalists for the Maxwell...
Higgins named to 'Players to Watch' list for...
The national recognition continues to roll in for Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard ...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. New...
Colorado State hosts New Mexico on Saturday, Nov. 22, at Hughes Stadium in Fort Collins, Colo....
CSU's Higgins semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard Higgins was named a semifinalist for the...
Grayson on 2014 Heisman Aspirant list
Colorado State senior quarterback Garrett Grayson continues to garner significant national...
Rams earn spot in AP, Coaches polls
Enjoying its best start since 1997, Colorado State (9-1, 5-1 MW) is ranked No. 25 in the USA...
Football Recap: Rams extend nation's fourth-lon...
The Colorado State Rams (9-1, 5-1 MW) extended the nation's fourth-longest winning streak to...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Hawai'i, Nov. 8
On Saturday, Nov. 8, Colorado State plays host to Hawai'i. Kick off is set for 5 p.m. and fans...