CSU intercepts 3 passes in come-from-behind road win
Matthews forces 2 fumbles, intercepts pass in victory
Hansley, Oden each score 2 touchdowns
Rams start out Mountain West play 0-1; host Boise State next
CSU football vs. Colorado - Sept. 19, 2015
Colorado State became bowl eligible with a 28-21 victory at New Mexico on Nov. 21, 2015. Photos by Don Reichert.
CSU vs. UNLV
Colorado State won the Border War for the third consecutive season, beating Wyoming 26-7 - 11-7-15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Check out the photo gallery from the Colorado State football game against Wyoming.
The Rams welcomed the Aztecs to Fort Collins for a conference matchup on Saturday.
Career Division 1 games played/started: 15/11 (11/11 in 2015... 4/0 in 2014).
2015 (Sophomore): Has started all 11 games at quarterback completing 62.7% (178-284) for 2284 yards and 20 touchdowns, with 11 interceptions... his 20 passing touchdowns ranks first in the Mountain West, and his 2284 yards and 145.7 quarterback rating each rank second.
- Named Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week in his first career start after throwing for 289 yards and five touchdowns, the latter of which marks a career-high, against Savannah State (Sept. 5)
- Threw for 255 yards and three touchdowns in the win against UTSA (Sept. 26)
- Attempted a career-high 46 passes against Utah State (Oct. 3), completing 21 for 252 yards and a touchdown
- Completed 77% (23-30) of his passes for a career-high 296 yards with three touchdowns in a win against Air Fore (Oct. 17)
- Threw for 209 yards and four touchdowns in a win against UNLV (Nov. 15); his 219.8 passer rating marked the highest of his career
- Recorded 264 yards and a touchdown on 16-of-23 passing in a road win against New Mexico (Nov. 21)
2014 (Freshman): Played in four games, backing up senior QB Garrett Grayson...completed 15-of-25 attempts (60%) for 136 yards and one touchdown...made his first collegiate appearance vs. UC Davis (Sept. 13).
- In first collegiate appearance, was a perfect 3-for-3 for 27 yards vs. UC Davis (Sept. 13)
- Threw his first career touchdown pass against Tulsa (Oct. 4), a quick screen pass to Biletnikoff finalist Rashard Higgins, who took it 36 yards for the score... finished the game completing 4-of-8 passes for 62 yards
2013 (Redshirt): Redshirted as a true freshman in his first year of college eligibility.
- Rated a three-star prospect by ESPN.com and a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Two-year letterman at Vista Murrieta High School in Murrieta, Calif., leading his team to 27 victories in 28 games over the course of those two seasons.
- A threat through the air and on the ground completing 149 of 247 passes (60.3%) for 2,316 yards and 24 TDs in 2012, while rushing 126 times for 661 yards (5.3) and 11 TDs.
- His passing statistics were even somewhat limited by the number of games in which he did not play in the second half because his team held large leads.
- Set Vista Murrieta single-season records with 24 passing TDs, 2,316 passing yards, and 149 completions. Holds the school’s single-game record for completions in a game when he completed 19 passes for 247 yards and three TDs in a 37-26 2012 season-opening victory over ThunderRidge.
- Named first-team All-Southwestern League, first-team All-Valley and first-team All-California Interscholastic
- Federation for his record-setting senior year.
- Led the Broncos to a 13-1 record, an undefeated league season and a berth in the CIF Championship game while averaging more than 42 points per game.
- Though defeated 30-28 by Centennial in a rematch of the previous year’s CIF Championship game, threw for 293 yards and a score, while rushing for 73 yards.
- In his first year starting for the Broncos, in 2011, completed 121 passes for 1,741 yards and 14 TDs and rushed for a career-high 906 yards on 175 attempts.
- In 2011, led Vista Murrieta to an undefeated 14-0 season, though the Broncos later had to forfeit the first five games because of a ruling regarding an ineligible player.
- Vista Murrieta battled through adversity and became CIF champions after a 35-28 victory over Centennial. In the championship, threw for 134 yards and two TDs and rushed for 108 yards.
- Earned first-team All-Valley and second-team All-Southwestern League honors in 2011.
- Head football coach was Coley Candaele.
- Maintained a 4.21 grade-point-average and was named to the Southwestern League all-scholastic team in 2011 and 2012.
- Also played for the Broncos’ basketball and baseball squads.
- Head football coach was Jeff Ketron.
- Played against current CSU offensive lineman Blake Nowland and wide receiver Joe Hansley.
Personal: Given name is Nicholas Stevens...born Jan. 31, 1995 in Poway, Calif. ...parents are Stacy and Matt Stevens...has two siblings, an older brother and a younger sister...majoring in business administration at CSU...Hometown: Murrieta, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Football gameday: CSU Rams at New Mexico, Nov. 21
Riding a two-game win streak, Colorado State travels to Albuquerque, N.M., to take on red-hot New...
The Grind | 26 Reasons
Colorado State's 26 seniors, who have won more home games than any senior class in school history...
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 10
TE Crockett Gillmore pulled in his team-leading fourth touchdown reception this week against the ...
Football game notes: CSU at New Mexico, Nov. 21
Colorado State, which has won eight of its last 12 road games, will travel to New Mexico to face ...
Football recap: CSU sends seniors off with 49-3...
The Colorado State Rams improved to 5-5 on the year (3-3 MW) with a decisive 49-35 victory over...
Football gameday: CSU Rams vs. UNLV, Nov. 14
Colorado State will recognize 26 seniors prior to its home game against UNLV, Saturday at 5 p.m. ...
Hunt 1 of 10 semifinalists for Ray Guy Award
Colorado State punter Hayden Hunt is one of 10 semifinalists for the 2015 Ray Guy Award, which...
The Grind | War Games
The Border War began in 1899 and is the oldest college football rivalry west of the Mississippi...