36 fourth quarter points not enough to overcome deficit
Gallup, Hunt, Zerblis named to first team
Rams beat Lobos in final game at Hughes Stadium
Gallup records 13 catches, 213 yards
CSU plays complete game, earns 5th win
CSU Football vs. Idaho (Famous Idaho Potato Bowl) - 12/22/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU Football vs. Idaho (Famous Idaho Potato Bowl) - 12/22/16 [Photos by Abbie Parr]
Potato Bowl - Day 2
Potato Bowl - Day 1
CSU's regular-season finale at San Diego State, a 63-31 victory - 11/26/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
- Attempts: 46- Utah State, 2015
- Completions: 25- Colorado, 2015
- QBR: 293.8- New Mexico, 2016
- Passing Yards: 445- Idaho, 2016
- Passing Touchdowns: 5 (twice)- Savannah State, 2015; Idaho, 2016
- Rushing Yards: 48- Boise State, 2016
- 300-yard passing games: 2
- Started the season opener vs. Colorado (9/2)
- Entered the game vs. Utah State (10/8) late in the third quarter, after freshman Collin Hill went down with an injury, and finished a drive for a touchdown in an eventual comeback win.
- Threw for 189 yards and two touchdowns against Boise State (Oct. 15), his first game back as starter following a season-ending injury to Collin Hill
- Rushed for a career-high 48 yards on just six carries (8.0 ypc)
- Completed 21-of-28 passes (75.0%) for 237 yards and two touchdowns in a win over UNLV (Oct. 22)
- Completed 18-of-23 passes (78.1%) for 237 yards and two touchdowns in a shutout win over Fresno State (Nov. 5)
- Passed for a career-high 374 yards and two touchdowns against Air Force (Nov. 12)
- Threw for 164 yards and two touchdowns on 9-of-10 passing, including two rushing touchdowns against New Mexico (Nov. 19)
- Completed 10-of-15 passes (66.7%) for 210 yards and a season-high four touchdowns against an SDSU defense that entered the game ranked eighth in the country
- Passed for a career-high 445 yards and a career-high-tying five touchdowns in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (Dec. 22); the 445 passing yards are just four yards short of the CSU single-game record.
- Also received recognition from the National Football Foundation Colorado Chapter (second team) and Phil Steele (All-Mountain West second team).
- Named Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week following his first career start, throwing for 289 yards, five touchdowns and zero interceptions in a blowout victory over Savannah State (9/5)... It marked the fifth time in school history a CSU quarterback has thrown five touchdown passes in a game... Also named Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl Player of the Week.
- Threw for 255 yards and three touchdowns in a come-from-behind win at UTSA (9/26).
- Rushed for three touchdowns on the season, including his first career score at Utah State (10/3).
- Completed 23-of-30 (70%) of his passes for 296 yards and three touchdowns in a Homecoming win against Air Fore (10/17)... Named Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl Player of the Week for the second time.
- Threw for 209 yards and four touchdowns in a win over UNLV (11/15)... Completed a 69-yard pass to tight end Steven Walker, the longest of Stevens' career... His 219.8 passer rating marked the highest of his career.
- Recorded 264 yards and a touchdown on 16-of-23 passing in a road win at New Mexico (11/21), which secured bowl eligibility.
- Threw for a career-high 310 yards in the NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl against Nevada (12/29)... Also had a rushing touchdown in the postseason game.
- During a four-game winning streak in November, completed 51-of-78 passes (65.4%).
- Was sacked just 15 times in 13 starts... CSU's offensive line allowed just 1.17 sacks per game in 2015, the 22nd-best figure in the NCAA FBS.
- Earned 2015 Academic All-Mountain West honors.
- In first collegiate debut, was a perfect 3-for-3 for 27 yards vs. UC Davis (9/13).
- Threw his first career touchdown pass against Tulsa (10/4), a quick screen pass to Biletnikoff Award finalist Rashard Higgins, who took it 36 yards for the score... Finished the game completing 4-of-8 passes for 62 yards.
- Is a 2013 graduate of Vista Murrieta High School in Murrieta, Calif.
- Set Vista Murrieta single-season records with 24 passing touchdowns, 2,316 passing yards and 149 completions as a senior in 2012... Also rushed 126 times for 661 yards (5.3 average) and 11 scores.
- Led his team to 27 victories in 28 games over the course of his junior and senior seasons... As a senior in 2012, went 13-1 with an undefeated league mark and a berth in the CIF championship game...Team averaged more than 42 points per game.
- Named first-team All-Southwestern League, first-team All-Valley and first-team All-California Interscholastic Federation for his record-setting senior year.
- In his first year starting for the Broncos, in 2011, completed 121 passes for 1,741 yards and 14 touchdowns and rushed for 906 yards on 175 attempts (5.2 average).
- In 2011, led Vista Murrieta to an undefeated 14-0 season, though the Broncos later had to forfeit the first five games because of a ruling regarding an ineligible player.
- Vista Murrieta battled through adversity and became CIF champions after a 35-28 victory over Centennial... In the championship, Stevens threw for 134 yards and two scores and rushed for 108 yards.
- Earned first-team All-Valley and second-team All-Southwestern League honors in 2011.
- Head football coach was Coley Candaele.
- Maintained a 4.21 grade-point-average and was named to the Southwestern League all-scholastic team in 2011 and 2012.
- Rated as a three-star prospect by ESPN and a two-star recruit by Rivals and Scout.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
#NextLevelRams: End of regular season NFL update
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...
Recap: Johnson sets receiving record in Potato ...
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams fell 61-50 to the Idaho Vandals in the Famous Idaho Potato...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 4
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams had a busy Wednesday, their final day of prep before...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 3
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams were back at it early on their third day in Boise,...
Potato Bowl Blog: Day 2
BOISE, Idaho-- Following the Rams’ near-comeback against the Boise State Broncos on Oct. 15...
Potato Bowl Blog: Rams arrive in Boise
BOISE, Idaho-- The Colorado State Rams’ bowl trip began Sunday morning, as they landed in...
Bowl Rewind: 2013 New Mexico Bowl
Facing Washington State in the 2013 New Mexico Bowl, the Rams rallied to score 18 points in the...
Bowl Rewind: 2008 New Mexico Bowl
Gartrell Johnson set an NCAA record with 375 all-purpose yards as Colorado State rallied for a 40...