CSU Football vs. New Mexico - photos by Don Reichert
CSU Football vs. Hawai'i - photos by Don Reichert
CSU Football vs. Tulsa - photos by Dan Byers
CSU Football vs. UC Davis - photos by Don Reichert
On Saturday, April 12, the Rams held their annual Denver area practice. (Photos by Don Reichert)
Career Division 1 games played/started: 4/0 (4/0 in 2014).
2014 (Freshman): Has played in four games as a backup quarterback completing 12 of 18 attempts (66.7%) for 119 yards and one touchdown... regiestered his first collegiate action against UC Davis (Sept. 13)
- Threw his first career touchdown pass against Tulsa (Oct. 4)
2013: Redshirted as a true freshman in his first year of college eligibility.
- Rated a three-star prospect by ESPN.com and a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Two-year letterman at Vista Murrieta High School in Murrieta, Calif., leading his team to 27 victories in 28 games over the course of those two seasons.
- A threat through the air and on the ground completing 149 of 247 passes (60.3%) for 2,316 yards and 24 TDs in 2012, while rushing 126 times for 661 yards (5.3) and 11 TDs.
- His passing statistics were even somewhat limited by the number of games in which he did not play in the second half because his team held large leads.
- Set Vista Murrieta single-season records with 24 passing TDs, 2,316 passing yards, and 149 completions. Holds the school's single-game record for completions in a game when he completed 19 passes for 247 yards and three TDs in a 37-26 2012 season-opening victory over ThunderRidge.
- Named first-team All-Southwestern League, first-team All-Valley and first-team All-California Interscholastic
Federation for his record-setting senior year.
- Led the Broncos to a 13-1 record, an undefeated league season and a berth in the CIF Championship game while averaging more than 42 points per game.
- Though defeated 30-28 by Centennial in a rematch of the previous year's CIF Championship game, threw for 293 yards and a score, while rushing for 73 yards.
- In his first year starting for the Broncos, in 2011, completed 121 passes for 1,741 yards and 14 TDs and rushed for a career-high 906 yards on 175 attempts.
- In 2011, led Vista Murrieta to an undefeated 14-0 season, though the Broncos later had to forfeit the first five games because of a ruling regarding an ineligible player.
- Vista Murrieta battled through adversity and became CIF champions after a 35-28 victory over Centennial. In the championship, threw for 134 yards and two TDs and rushed for 108 yards.
- Earned first-team All-Valley and second-team All-Southwestern League honors in 2011.
- Head football coach was Coley Candaele.
- Maintained a 4.21 grade-point-average and was named to the Southwestern League all-scholastic team in 2011 and 2012.
- Also played for the Broncos' basketball and baseball squads.
Personal: Given name is Nicholas Stevens...born Jan. 31, 1995 in Poway, Calif. ...parents are Stacy and Matt Stevens...has two siblings, an older brother and a younger sister...interested in majoring in engineering at CSU...Hometown: Murrieta, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Grayson on 2014 Heisman Aspirant list
Colorado State senior quarterback Garrett Grayson continues to garner significant national...
Rams earn spot in AP, Coaches polls
Enjoying its best start since 1997, Colorado State (9-1, 5-1 MW) is ranked No. 25 in the USA...
Football Recap: Rams extend nation's fourth-lon...
The Colorado State Rams (9-1, 5-1 MW) extended the nation's fourth-longest winning streak to...
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Hawai'i, Nov. 8
On Saturday, Nov. 8, Colorado State plays host to Hawai'i. Kick off is set for 5 p.m. and fans...
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update
Colorado State is represented with five former players on current NFL rosters and one player,...
CSU hosts Military Day on Saturday vs. Hawai'i
In honor of Military Family Month and Veterans Day next week, CSU Football will be hosting...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. Hawai'i...
Colorado State hosts Hawai'i on Saturday, Nov. 8 at Hughes Stadium. Kick off is set for 5 p.m. MT...
Football Recap: Rams down Spartans, 38-31
The Colorado State Rams ran their win streak to seven games and improved to 8-1, 4-1 MW, on...