List includes 16 sports, 7 colleges
Bell, Richburg named season captains for second time
CSU vs. Boise State
Colorado State vs. San José State
Rams look to win back-to-back Rocky Mountain Showdowns
Weekly Press Conference 1 - Max Morgan
CSU Football vs. Hawai'i - photos by Dan Byers
CSU Football vs. Wyoming - photos by Don Reichert
CSU football vs. Wyoming - Oct. 25, 2014 (Dan Byers)
CSU football vs. Utah State - Oct. 18, 2014 (Don Reichert)
Colorado State earned a road victory at Nevada, 31-24, on Oct. 11, 2014. (Photos by Don Reichert)
Career Division I games played/started: 45/27(11/11 in 2014...14/13 in 2013...12/4 in 2012...10/1 in 2011).
2014 (Senior): Has started all ten games and ranks second on the team in tackles with 85 (44 solo), including one tackle for a loss, one interception, one QBH and two pass break-ups
Recorded a team-high 12 tackles (10 solo) at Boise State. (Sept. 6)
Chosen to serve as a game captain for the season opener vs. Colorado (Aug 29)
Chosen to serve as a game captain against Nevada (Oct.11)
Registered his first interception of the season vs. Utah State early in the second quarter (Oct.18)
Chosen to serve as a game captain vs. New Mexico (Nov.22)
Notched his first sack of the season for a loss of six yards, and added eight tackles (four solo) vs. New Mexico...now has the ninth-most tackles by a CSU defender (328)
- Recorded a career-best 20 tackles at Utah State (Nov. 23), the most in a single game by a CSU defender since Oct. 15, 2005 when Karl Ballard had 20 stops
- His 20 tackles at Utah State tied for the fourth-most in a single game in 2013 among all NCAA FBS defenders
- In a win at Hawai'i (Nov. 26) made 15 tackles (12 solo) and scooped up a fumble that he returned 73 yards for a touchdown, the third-longest fumble return for a touchdown in school history
- Against San Jose State (Oct. 12) made a game-high 14 tackles
- In the Rams' season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30), recorded 10 tackles, his sixth game with at least 10 stops
- Chosen to serve as a game captain vs. Cal Poly (Sept. 14), vs. Boise State (Nov. 2) and vs. Air Force (Nov. 30)
- Prior to the season finale, was selected as a season captain along with Weston Richburg, Shaquil Barrett and Shaq Bell
2012 (Sophomore): Entered the season backing up senior James Skelton but took over the starting role after an injury sidelined Skelton...Morgan finished the year recording 81 tackles, second highest total for the Rams, a sack and one interception.
- Started the season in strong fashion, recording a team-high eight solo tackles against the University of Colorado (Sept.1)
- Registered six stops against San Jose State (Sept. 15)
- At Air Force, seemingly was everwhere on the field when the Rams needed him, collecting eight tackles (seven solo) after being named a defensive team captain
- Against the high-powered Fresno State offense, made six stops
- In a home victory over Hawai'i (Oct. 27) recorded seven tackles, a fumble recovery and a PBU...early in the second quarter Morgan scooped up a loose ball and returned it 38 yards to the Hawai'i 29-yardline...Rams scored three playes later and tied the game at 14
- At rival Wyoming (Nov. 3) recorded nine tackles (seven solo)
- Led the Rams with a career-high 12 stops (eight solo) in a home victory vs. UNLV (Nov. 10)...Morgan also recorded his first career interception
- Recorded 12 tackles for the second consecutive game, this time at nationally ranked Boise State (Nov. 17)
2011 (Freshman): After enjoying arguably the best spring among CSU's linebackers, entered fall No. 2 on the depth chart at outside linebacker, and played in 10 games, with one start...Posted 28 total stops (10 solo), three tackles for loss, one sack, one fumble recovery and a safety...In the season opener at New Mexico (Sept. 3), played in his first college contest, making his debut on a second-quarter kickoff before playing defensively for a cramping Mike Orakpo in the third quarter...One week later, in 33-14 win vs. Northern Colorado (Sept. 10), sacked QB Matt Baca in the end zone, the first sack of his career and first CSU safety since Blake Smith scored two points in an Oct. 28, 2005, win at New Mexico...Injured a knee in UNC game and did not play ensuing contest vs. Colorado (Sept. 17) in Denver; traveled but did not play at Utah State (Sept. 24)...Returned to action, entering on the second series, in 38-31 loss vs. San Jose State (Oct. 1)...Played much of the loss vs. No. 5 Boise State (Oct. 15), filling a void left by an injury to Mike Orakpo (head); forced one of only four incompletions thrown by Heisman candidate Kellen Moore with a third-quarter hurry...In second quarter of loss at UNLV (Oct. 29), blew up a screen to register a tackle for loss on third down and force a punt in a tie game...Made the first start of his career in loss vs. Air Force (Nov. 26), opening in the Rams' 3-4 alignment as an inside linebacker, and recovered a Tim Jefferson fumble to snuff out the Falcons' first drive, at the CSU 13-yard line; the Rams would capitalize on the takeaway to take a 7-0 lead...Played much of the fourth quarter of season finale vs. Wyoming (Dec. 3) at outside linebacker.
2010: Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High school: Rated by Rivals.com the No. 1 DB in Colorado and the No. 14 overall prospect in the state...Led Greeley (Colo.) West High School to consecutive Northern League championships in 2008-09, the Colorado Class 4A state championship game as a junior, and the state quarterfinals as a senior...A three-year letterman, and team captain and defensive MVP as a senior, had 305 career tackles and eight interceptions in three varsity seasons, playing linebacker and strong safety...Earned first-team all-conference honors as a junior and senior, playing a key role in the team's 29-6 record over his three years as a starter...In 2009, garnered first-team all-state and All-Colorado recognition from the Denver Post, leading the Spartans on an 11-1 season, with 124 tackles, four interceptions, one sack and one fumble recovery...Also was a first-team all-conference halfback as a senior, averaging 7.8 yards on 33 carries, with four TDs, and catching 29 passes for 483 yards and six scores...As a junior, led GWHS to an 11-2 record and a berth in the state championship at Invesco Field in Denver, picking up second-team all-state recognition on defense (97 tackles, two INTs)...As a sophomore, totaled 84 stops and picked off two passes...An all-conference outfielder, also lettered four years in baseball...Garnered academic all-state honors in both football and baseball (3.6 GPA)...Head football coach was Mark Roggy, father of former CSU teammate Conner Roggy...Had 4.68 speed in the 40-yard dash...Drew recruiting interest from BYU, Wyoming and Northern Colorado.
Personal: Given name Maxwell Jaques Morgan...Born June 2, 1992, in Greeley, Colo. ...Parents are Mike and Natalie Morgan...Has two older brothers, two older sisters and one younger brother...Dad, Mike, was a wide receiver at BYU...Oldest brother Blake and younger brother Rex played football as defensive backs at Brigham Young...In February 2011 spent a day at the Open Door Mission in Fort Collins, serving meals to the homeless...In the summer of 2011, devoted a day to meeting and playing with kids at the Boys and Girls Club in Wellington, Colo. ...In spring 2013 volunteered at a 5K for MS on the CSU Oval...Visited McGraw Elementary with teammates Aaron Davis, Kevin Davis and Nu'uvali Fa'apito in the spring of 2014 to read to the kids and play ball with them...Majoring in agricultural business...Hometown: Greeley, Colo.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. New Mexico, Nov. 22
Colorado State (9-1, 5-1) hosts New Mexico on Saturday morning at Hughes Stadium. Kickoff is set ...
McElwain named semifinalist for Maxwell...
Colorado State head football coach Jim McElwain was named one of 20 semifinalists for the Maxwell...
Higgins named to 'Players to Watch' list for...
The national recognition continues to roll in for Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard ...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. New...
Colorado State hosts New Mexico on Saturday, Nov. 22, at Hughes Stadium in Fort Collins, Colo....
CSU's Higgins semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard Higgins was named a semifinalist for the...
Grayson on 2014 Heisman Aspirant list
Colorado State senior quarterback Garrett Grayson continues to garner significant national...
Rams earn spot in AP, Coaches polls
Enjoying its best start since 1997, Colorado State (9-1, 5-1 MW) is ranked No. 25 in the USA...
Football Recap: Rams extend nation's fourth-lon...
The Colorado State Rams (9-1, 5-1 MW) extended the nation's fourth-longest winning streak to...