List includes all 16 sports, 6 colleges
Stevens, Key combine for 775 passing yards
CSU runs 109-play scrimmage in front of 1,000 season ticket holders, Ram Club members
Wide receiver Anderson shines with two touchdowns
Morgan named season captain for second time
Photos from Colorado State's scrimmage at Dove Valley, home of the Denver Broncos
Football USATSI Photos -- 12/20/14
CSU Football vs. New Mexico - photos by Don Reichert
CSU Football vs. Hawai'i - photos by Dan Byers
CSU Football vs. Wyoming - photos by Don Reichert
Career Division I games played/started: 39/39 (13/13 in 2014..14/14 in 2013...12/12 in 2012)
2014 (Junior): Has started all 13 games, recording 54 tackles (29 solo)...tied for team-lead in interceptions with three, eight pass break-ups and has blocked two field goals, which ties for the 7th-most by an FBS player... named season captain along with Aaron Davis, Garrett Grayson, Max Morgan and Ty Sambrailo... earned All-Mountain West honorable mention nod
- Chosen as a weekly team captain vs. Utah State (Oct. 18) and vs. Hawai'i (Nov. 8)
- Registered CSU's first interception of the season at Boise State (Sept. 6), stopping a Broncos drive in the Rams' end zone
- Blocked a 25-yard field goal attempt in the second quarter against UC Davis (Sept. 13)
- Recorded his second pick of the season, and sixth of his career, in the Rams' Orange Out victory vs. Tulsa (Oct. 4)
- Blocked his second field goal of the season vs. Wyoming (Oct. 25), 47-yard attempt in the second quarter, which allowed the Rams on the next drive to score and begin to pull away from the Cowboys
- Recorded his third interception of the season, returning it 25 yards at San Jose State (Nov. 1)
- CSU's defense is only allowing 23.4 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams defense since 2006 (21.9)
2013 (Sophomore): Started all 14 games for the Rams and ranked fifth on the team with 69 tackles, including two-and-a-half tackles for loss, and a sack...also recorded a team-high four interceptions, the most by a CSU defensive back since 2009.
- Recorded his first collegiate sack vs. Nevada (Nov. 19)
- His four interceptions in 2013 tie for the most since 2009 when Nick Oppenneer also picked off four passes. Matthews interceptions have come at Tulsa (Sept. 7), vs. San Jose State (Oct. 12), at Wyoming (Oct. 19) and at New Mexico (Nov. 16).
- Registered his first career sack in a win against Nevada on Nov. 9
- Had a season-best eight tackles at Tulsa (Sept. 7), one shy of tying his career high
- Recovered his second career fumble in a 58-13 victory in the Rams' regular season finale vs. Air Force (Nov. 30)
- Played a crucial role in limiting Utah State (Nov. 23) to 43 passing yards, the fewest against the Rams since Oct. 31, 2003 vs. Air Force (29 yards)
- Served as a team captain in the season opener vs. Colorado (Sept. 1) and at Hawai'i (Oct. 26)
2012 (Freshman): Highly-touted defensive back who earned a starting spot in camp and became one of the Rams' top defensive players...Matthews started all 12 games and ranked fourth on the team with 71 tackles (36 solo) while adding one interception and a team-high 10 pass breakups...the freshman safety also forced one fumble and recovered one...after the season was voted by the team as the defensive captain of the season.
- Demonstrated his versatility and knowledge of the playbook by registering starts at cornerback and strong safety...in his first collegiate game vs. Colorado (Sept. 1), had three tackles...recovered a muffed punt which allowed CSU to score just before the half, swinging momentum in the Rams' favor
- Recorded five tackles in home-opener against North Dakota State (Sept. 8)
- In his first career start logged a career high seven tackles on the road in San Jose State (Sept. 15)
- Made a diving interception on Utah State's Chuckie Keeton to end a Utah State drive at midfield (Sept. 22) and on the ensuing possession the Rams put three points on the board
- Registered a then-career-high eight tackles against Air Force (Sept. 29) and also broke up a pass
- Had one of his better games against Fresno State (Oct. 6), registering five tackles and two PBUs...one of Matthews' PBUs, the freshman put himself in position for what would have been a long interception return but couldn't quite hold onto the ball
- Versus San Diego State (Oct. 13) had six tackles, four of which were solo
- Recorded career highs with nine tackles (four solo) and four pass breakups in CSU's win over Hawaii (Oct. 27) that began a run of three wins in the team's final five games, including all three at home. Prior to the contest against the Warriors was named a weekly captain
- Added seven tackles (career-high six solo) at Boise State (Nov. 17).
2011: Traveled with the team on a few road trips and was available if needed, but did not play; redshirted in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: A three-sport star at Judson High School in Converse, Texas, a suburb of San Antonio, was a first-team all-district and second-team all-area selection...Voted team captain in each of his last two seasons, called one of San Antonio's top football prospects by TexasHSFootball.com...A three-year letterman, helped the Rockets advance to the second round of the Texas 5A state playoffs each season...Racked up 108 tackles and two sacks as a senior, in addition to two forced fumbles...Sidelined most of the year by a broken leg in 2009, returned for the state playoffs, and wound up with 20 tackles and one interception in his season's only two games, both in the postseason...As a first-time varsity starter in 2008, totaled 60 tackles, six sacks and three fumble recoveries...Head football coach was Jim Rackley...Also lettered three years in basketball and four in track...A shooting guard on Judson's top-5 basketball team, averaged better than 10 points per game; earning tournament MVP honors as a senior after helping the Rockets win the South Padre Island Sweet 16 Invitational and knock off the state's No. 1-ranked team...Specialized in the hurdles as a four-year letterman in track...Had a 3.4 GPA...Top speed as a prep in the 40-yard dash was 4.51 seconds...Chose CSU after being recruited by Arkansas, Oklahoma State, Baylor, BYU, Kansas State, Texas-San Antonio, Houston and Rice.
Personal: Given name is Trenton Leon Matthews...Born May 25, 1993, in San Antonio, Texas...Parents are Sheila Ruth and Vincent Matthews...Has an older brother and an older sister...Dad, Vincent, played basketball at Wisconsin-Stoudt...Was president of his local Fellowship of Christian Athletes chapter...Also emceed his school's talent show...majoring in history...Hometown: Converse, Texas.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Grayson drafted by New Orleans Saints in third ...
Colorado State's Garrett Grayson became the first Rams quarterback to be selected in the NFL...
CSU's Sambrailo drafted in second round by...
Colorado State offensive tackle Ty Sambrailo was selected by the Denver Broncos in the second...
Two Rams earn NFF Hampshire Honor Society nods
Two 2014 graduates of the Colorado State football program - offensive lineman Mason Myers and...
Eight CSU football games to be televised...
The Mountain West on Tuesday released the remained of Colorado State's nationally televised games...
Mike Bobo among headliners for eighth annual...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo will join coaches from around the state, and...
Green defeats Gold 38-34 in annual Green and...
The Rams took the field for the final time this spring in the annual Green and Gold Spring Game...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 14
The Rams completed their final spring practice on Friday afternoon, and Saturday's annual Green...
A great year to be a CSU Ram
The 2014-15 season has been a great year to be a CSU Ram. CSU's four revenue sports posted a 81.3...