NFL hopefuls work out in front of scouts, coaches
NFL hopefuls will work out for teams' scouts, personnel
Foster currently in Texas for College Gridiron Showcase
CSU scores 3 special teams touchdowns in victory
CSU football vs. Minnesota - Sept. 12, 2015
15 former Rams worked out in front of NFL scouts and coaches on March 9, part of CSU's annual pro day. Photos by Don Reichert.
Colorado State closed the regular season with a 34-31 win at Fresno State - 11/28/15 (Photos by Don Reichert)
Colorado State opened up Mountain West play with a 33-18 loss at Utah State - 10-3-15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Colorado State hosted the Big Ten's Minnesota Golden Gophers on Sept. 12, falling in overtime, 23-10. Photos by Don Reichert.
CSU football vs. Minnesota - Sept. 12, 2015 (Dan Byers)
Division I career games played/started: 30/12 (13/13 in 2015...12/0 in 2014...5/0 in 2013).
2015 (Senior): Started all 13 games and ranked ninth in the Mountain West in sacks (5.5) among his 27 tackles (15 solo) and 8.0 tackles for loss...forced one fumble, had 3 pass breakups and 4 QB hurries.
- Generated two tackles for loss including one sack and a pass breakup while tying career-best with eight tackles (six solo) in a win at Fresno State (11/28)
- Recorded first career forced fumble, which came on a sack in win over UNLV (11/14)
- Registered four total tackles (three solo) including an assisted sack in win at UTSA (9/26)
- Recorded career-best three sacks (all solo), which resulted in a net-loss of 18 yards, in season opener against Savannah State (9/5).
2014 (Junior): Played in 12 games, recording eight tackles (four solo), one pass breakup and one interception.
- Tallied a career-high three tackles on the road at Boise State (Sept. 6).
- Recorded his first collegiate interception vs. Hawai’i (Nov. 8), stopping the Rainbow Warriors’ drive in CSU territory.
2013 (Sophomore): Played in five games for the Rams, making his collegiate debut at Tulsa (Sept. 7)...prior to CSU’s trip to Hawai’i (Oct. 26), switched from tight end to defensive end, where he played in three games.
- Made an appearance for the Rams at defensive end in CSU’s win over Washington State in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 21).
- Signed a National Letter of Intent on Dec. 19, 2012 to enroll at CSU after one year of football at East Mississippi Community College....he initially enrolled at Tennessee State in 2011 before transferring to East Mississippi for the 2012 season...enrolled in classes at CSU in January 2013 and began workouts with the team in the offseason strength and conditioning program.
- Played one season as a defensive end at East Mississippi Community College and tallied 22 tackles, four tackles-for-loss and 1.5 sacks.
- Compiled a 7-2 record with the Lions, which began the season with a No. 1 national ranking…team won its first seven games of the season but lost its last two games and was knocked out of the championship game…the Lions were invited to a bowl game but head coach Buddy Stephens declined the invitation.
- Attended Starkville (Miss.) High School where he was a three-time letterwinner in football and earned one letter in track & field.
- Played on both ends of the ball for the Yellowjackets his junior and senior years.
- Two-time all-city team and first-team All-Mississippi selection for his play at tight end.
- In a 38-16 victory over DeSoto Central, caught an 87-yard touchdown pass, a school record for longest catch by a tight end.
- Head football coaches were Bill Lee and Jamie Mitchell.
- Also competed in track & field at Starkville, earning one letter.
Personal: Given name is Martavius Foster...born Aug. 23, 1992, in Athens, Ga. ...parents are Teresa and Russell Foster...has three siblings – an older brother and sister and one younger brother...earned his bachelor's degree in sociology in May 2015...hometown: Starkville, Miss.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
New stadium construction video
Rams All Access takes you on a visual tour of the construction site in the second of a video...
Multiple Rams hear names called during NFL Draft
Multiple Colorado State football players were drafted on Saturday, marking the third year in a...
Six Rams football games in 2016 chosen for...
The Mountain West on Friday released the remainder of its national television package for the...
Cartwright earns NFF Hampshire Honor Society nod
Kivon Cartwright was recognized on Wednesday when the National Football Foundation (NFF) and...
Recap: Offense comes from behind to beat...
The Colorado State football team took the field for the final time this spring on Saturday,...
Spring Notebook: Rams complete final practice, ...
Colorado State held its final official spring practice on Friday afternoon, competing on campus ...
Gameday: Offense, defense to square off in...
The 2016 Green and Gold Spring Game will take place Saturday at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes...
Spring Notebook: Wide receivers aim to reload, ...
The Colorado State football team switched up its routine on Thursday, bussing off campus to Sonny...