CSU vs. Hawai'i
CSU vs. Tulsa
CSU vs. UC Davis
CSU vs. UC Davis
CSU scores 18 points in final three minutes
CSU Football vs. New Mexico - photos by Don Reichert
CSU Football vs. Hawai'i - photos by Dan Byers
CSU Football vs. Hawai'i - photos by Don Reichert
CSU football vs. Utah State - Oct. 18, 2014 (Dan Byers)
CSU Football vs. Tulsa - photos by Dan Byers
Career Division I games played/started: 42/14(11/8 in 2014...9/2 in 2013...12/2 in 2012...10/1 in 2011).
2014 (Senior): Has played in all 11 games and started eight, recording 21 catches for 428 yards and three touchdowns... had recorded a catch in 28 consecutive games in which he's played before the game against Wyoming (Oct. 25).
- Hauled in an impressive 45-yard touchdown against UC Davis (Sept. 13) which was the fifth touchdown of his career
- His acrobatic last-minute touchdown reception on 4th-and-11 at Boston College gave the Rams a 24-21 victory
- His nine-yard reception ain the win against Utah State (Oct. 18) extended his consecutive games with a catch streak to 28 games
- His 71 yard touchdown reception against Hawaii (Nov. 8) was the longest reception of his career
2013 (Junior): Played in nine games and started two after missing the first five games of the season because of a knee injury suffered in preseason camp....caught 26 passes for 396 yards (15.2) and two touchdowns...Has caught a pass in each of the last 21 games in which he's played, a streak dating back to Nov. 19, 2011 at TCU.
- Made his 2013 debut on Oct. 12, 2013 against San José State, recording four catches for 49 yards
- Against Boise State on Nov. 2, 2013 caught a game-high seven passes for a career-high 103 yards and caught his first touchdown of the 2013 season
- Chosen to serve as a team captain at Wyoming (Oct. 19)
- Caught touchdown passes in two games: Nov. 2 against Boise State and against Washington State in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 21
2012 (Sophomore): Led the Rams in receptions (35) and receiving yards (428), playing in all 12 games and starting two...also used as a kick returner.
- After just two catches in the first two games, burst onto the scene in the Rams' first true road game against San Jose State (Sept. 15), pulling in five receptions for 99 yards and a TD...the 99 yards receiving was also a career best...his lone touchdown, a 38-yard strike in the fourth quarter brought the Rams within one score of the Spartans.
- Before setting a career high with seven receptions versus Utah State (Sept. 22), was named an offensive weekly team captain.
- Registered another game with five-plus receptions at Air Force (Sept. 29), for the third straight game.
- Recorded four receptions, including the Rams lone touchdown, against Fresno State (Oct. 6).
- Only caught one pass against San Diego State (Oct. 13) but took that pass for 25 yards and provided the Rams with a crucial first down.
2011 (Freshman): Having excited coaches since his first college practice in the fall, led then-Head Coach Steve Fairchild on Aug. 10 to declare he would play as a true freshman, and played in 10 games, with one start...Registered five catches for 25 yards (5.0 avg.), ran three times for 3 yards and completed both pass attempts - both touchdowns -- for 43 total yards...Also returned a punt 12 yards...Saw his first collegiate action in season-opening win at New Mexico (Sept. 3), entering in the second quarter; made his first career punt return early in the fourth quarter, a 12-yard runback to the Lobos' 40, giving the Rams a short field en route to their game-winning touchdown drive...In Denver loss vs. Colorado (Sept. 17), threw his first career pass, a 23-yard touchdown to Crockett Gillmore after catching a lateral from Pete Thomas; the play vaulted the Rams back in the game, cutting the CU lead to 21-14 with 14:20 remaining in the contest...Earlier in Buffs contest, had two third-down receptions to extend separate drives, including the game-opening TD march...In exhilarating win at Utah State (Sept. 24), got his first career carry, a 4-yard run at the beginning of the fourth quarter to set up a FG that pulled the Rams to within a point at 14-13...In second quarter of loss vs. No. 5 Boise State (Oct. 15), threw his season's second touchdown pass, a 20-yard strike to Matt Yemm on another trick play...In windy, 18-15 loss vs. San Diego State (Nov. 12), made his first career start...In practice prior to Week 13 contest vs. Air Force (Nov. 26), sustained a concussion and did not dress for Falcons game.
High School: A four-year starter at historic Hillsborough High School in the Seminole Heights section of Tampa, Fla., played quarterback, running back, wide receiver and cornerback, in addition to returning punts and kickoffs ...Left as Hillsborough's all-time leader in receiving yards, with nearly 2,300...Scored 33 touchdowns as a prep...Earned three straight all-county selections (2008-10)...Split his time as an all-around offensive threat as a senior in 2010, on a Terriers team that finished runner-up in District 9-4A...Replaced graduated Tarean Austin at QB to begin his senior year, starting the first six games, and completed 6-of-15 passes for 84 yards, with one TD and one INT...Caught 25 passes for 249 yards, with three scores, and 47 carries for 159 yards and three more TDs...Intercepted three passes in 2010, returned 17 punts for 286 yards, including a 65-yarder, and took back 14 kickoffs for 308 yards...Was a second-team all-state wide receiver as a junior in 2009...Topped 1,000 yards receiving that year, on 43 catches, with 10 touchdowns...Compiled 33 catches for 703 yards and nine TDs as a sophomore in 2008...Had 15 catches for more than 300 yards and two touchdowns as a freshman in 2007...Voted his team's top receiver in 2008 and `09, before coaches and teammates honored him with the MVP award his senior year...Served as a three-year team captain (2008-10)...Hillsborough was 8-5 in 2010, 6-4 in 200, 6-4 in 2008 and 9-3 in 2007, advancing to the Class 4A playoffs each year...Had 4.4-second speed in the 40-yard dash, and bench pressed 285 pounds, impressive strength for an athlete of his size...Head football coach was Earl Garcia...Also lettered in track for the Terriers...Chose CSU over offers from South Florida, Cincinnati, Duke, Florida International, East Carolina, Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee State and North Texas, among several others.
Personal: Given name Charles Lovett...Born March 13, 1992, in Gainesville, Fla. ...Son of Monnette Fayson and Charles Lovett Jr. ...Has one younger sister... High school has produced several Major League Baseball standouts, including Gary Sheffield, Dwight Gooden, Mike Heath and Carl Everett, as well as an impressive list of NFL players...Drinks a glass of vinegar before every game, to help with muscle cramps...Quarterback for most of his prep career was Tarean Austin, former New Mexico quarterback...Majoring in communication studies at Colorado State...Hometown: Tampa, Fla.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. New Mexico, Nov. 22
Colorado State (9-1, 5-1) hosts New Mexico on Saturday morning at Hughes Stadium. Kickoff is set ...
McElwain named semifinalist for Maxwell...
Colorado State head football coach Jim McElwain was named one of 20 semifinalists for the Maxwell...
Higgins named to 'Players to Watch' list for...
The national recognition continues to roll in for Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard ...
Football Game Notes: Colorado State vs. New...
Colorado State hosts New Mexico on Saturday, Nov. 22, at Hughes Stadium in Fort Collins, Colo....
CSU's Higgins semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard Higgins was named a semifinalist for the...
Grayson on 2014 Heisman Aspirant list
Colorado State senior quarterback Garrett Grayson continues to garner significant national...
Rams earn spot in AP, Coaches polls
Enjoying its best start since 1997, Colorado State (9-1, 5-1 MW) is ranked No. 25 in the USA...
Football Recap: Rams extend nation's fourth-lon...
The Colorado State Rams (9-1, 5-1 MW) extended the nation's fourth-longest winning streak to...