CSU vs. UC Davis
McElwain sees improvement with junior college transfers
Colorado State takes field for its second spring drills under Jim McElwain
CSU football vs. Utah State - Oct. 18, 2014 (Dan Byers)
CSU football vs. UC Davis - Sept. 13, 2014 (Dan Byers)
Photos from Friday's spring practice as they prepare for Saturday's public scrimmage.
Division I career games played/started: 26/3 (12/3 in 2014...14/0 in 2013).
2014 (Senior): Has played in all 12 games, starting three, posting 38 tackles (15 solo), including two tackles for loss and half a sack, and a forced fumble.
- Chosen as the weekly team captain vs. Utah State (Oct. 18)
- Three assisted tackles in CSU's season opener vs. Colorado (Aug. 29)
- Racked up a career-high 1.5 tackles for loss vs. UC Davis (Sept. 13) to go along with three tackles and a forced fumble, the first of his career... the forced fumble was eventually recovered by UC Davis, but the drive ended in a punt
- Career-high six tackles in a road win at Nevada (Oct. 11)... combined with Cory James to sack Cody Fajardo, forcing the Wolf Pack into a third-and-long
- Helped the Rams defense limit Wyoming (Oct. 25) to only 119 rushing yards, while recording five tackles
2013 (Junior): Appeared in all 14 games for the Rams, compiling 11 tackles (5 solo), including one sack.
- Recorded a career-best three tackles in the Rams' 55-22 victory over Wyoming (Oct. 19) in the 104th Border War
- Recorded his first collegiate sack at Utah State (Nov. 23), a five-yard loss
- Helped hold No. 1 Alabama (Sept. 21) to only 66 yards rushing, the lowest total by the Crimson Tide since Oct. 9, 2010
CSU's defensive line has played a large role in limiting opponents rushing attack to 140.6 yards per game, compared to 202.4 in 2012, a 31 percent difference
Signed a national letter of intent on Dec. 19, 2012 to enroll at Colorado State after one year of football at San Francisco City College. He enrolled in classes in January 2013 and began workouts with the team in the offseason strength and conditioning program.
- Played one year of football at City College of San Francisco in San Francisco, Calif., earning All-Northern California League honors as the Rams finished with a 10-2 record and were Northern California League champions.
- Recorded 46 tackles (31 solo), 3.5 sacks, 8 tackles for loss a forced fumble, fumble recovery and one interception in 12 games.
- Helped the Rams improve to 6-0 in a 46-39 victory over De Anza, in which he recorded one tackle, a sack to force a long field goal attempt. King also had two takeaways in the game, as well as a forced fumble and an interception which he returned 34 yards to put the Rams up 31-13.
- Won the San Francisco Community College bowl 41-36 over American River to advance to the California Community College Athletic Association Championship game. Against American River, recorded five tackles (3 solo).
- In a 35-14 loss in the CCCAA Championship game, recorded six tackles (4 solo).
- Played his freshman and sophomore years at Armijo High School in Fairfield, Calif., where he earned one letter.
- Transferred to Vacaville (Calif.) High School and earned two football letters.
- During an illustrious high school career, played on both the offensive and defensive lines for the Bulldogs.
- As a junior in 2009, helped lead Vacaville to a Monticello Empire League championship while finishing the season with a 10-2 record.
- Recorded 27 tackles (23 solo) and one fumble recovery which he returned 26 yards for a touchdown in a 60-7 victory over Napa High School.
- As a key member of the offensive line, helped block for a pair of 1,000-yard rushers as the Bulldogs averaged 51.5 points per game.
- Was named All-Monticello Empire defensive tackle and voted by his coaching staff as best defensive lineman.
- As a senior, recorded 36 tackles and 2.5 sacks as the Bulldogs advanced to the California state playoffs for the second consecutive year.
- In a 69-0 victory over his former high school Armijo, intercepted a pass and returned it 27 yards for a score, helping the Bulldogs improve to 7-1 on the year.
- Lost to the eventual state champions Folsom High School during a downpour in the second round of the playoffs.
- Earned All-Monticello Empire and All-Vacaville honors for his performance on the offensive line and earned all-city defensive line recognition.
- Voted Lineman of the Year after his senior campaign.
- Played with Rams tight end Johnny Schupp at Vacaville High School.
- Head Football coach was Mike Papadopoulos.
- Also a two-year letterwinner in track and field.
Personal: Given name is LaRyan Dezanario King...Born May 20, 1993 in Berkeley, Calif. ...Parents are Tamara Edwards and Lionel King...has five siblings: two older brothers, two older sisters and one younger brother...majoring in economics at Colorado State...Hometown: Fairfield, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams' Sept. 26 game at UTSA to be televised...
Colorado State's Sept. 26 football game at the University of Texas at San Antonio will kick off...
11 Rams named to Phil Steele's 2015...
Phil Steele announced his 2015 Preseason All-Mountain West teams on Monday, and included were 11 ...
Single-game tickets for Rams football on sale...
Single-game tickets for Colorado State's seven home football games in 2015 will go on sale to the...
Single-game tickets for Rams football go on...
Single-game tickets for Colorado State's 2015 home football schedule will go on sale to the...
Remembering Lt. Col. John W. Mosley
He was to Colorado State University what Jackie Robinson was to Major League Baseball. On Friday ...
Amazing Grads: SteveO Michel
It's difficult to imagine a more unlikely college graduate than Steve Michel.
CSU AD presents stadium renderings to Board of ...
Joe Parker was formally introduced Thursday to the Board of Governors of the Colorado State...
Coach Bobo Football Camps to begin in June
Beginning in June, head coach Mike Bobo and his coaching staff will be hosting football camps in ...