McElwain sees improvement with junior college transfers
Colorado State takes field for its second spring drills under Jim McElwain
Photos from Friday's spring practice as they prepare for Saturday's public scrimmage.
Division I career games played/started: 14/0 (14/0 in 2013).
2013 (Sophomore): Appeared in all 14 games for the Rams, compiling 11 tackles (5 solo), including one sack.
- Recorded a career-best three tackles in the Rams' 55-22 victory over Wyoming (Oct. 19) in the 104th Border War
- Recorded his first collegiate sack at Utah State (Nov. 23), a five-yard loss
- Helped hold No. 1 Alabama (Sept. 21) to only 66 yards rushing, the lowest total by the Crimson Tide since Oct. 9, 2010
CSU's defensive line has played a large role in limiting opponents rushing attack to 140.6 yards per game, compared to 202.4 in 2012, a 31 percent difference
Signed a national letter of intent on Dec. 19, 2012 to enroll at Colorado State after one year of football at San Francisco City College. He enrolled in classes in January 2013 and began workouts with the team in the offseason strength and conditioning program.
- Played one year of football at City College of San Francisco in San Francisco, Calif., earning All-Northern California League honors as the Rams finished with a 10-2 record and were Northern California League champions.
- Recorded 46 tackles (31 solo), 3.5 sacks, 8 tackles for loss a forced fumble, fumble recovery and one interception in 12 games.
- Helped the Rams improve to 6-0 in a 46-39 victory over De Anza, in which he recorded one tackle, a sack to force a long field goal attempt. King also had two takeaways in the game, as well as a forced fumble and an interception which he returned 34 yards to put the Rams up 31-13.
- Won the San Francisco Community College bowl 41-36 over American River to advance to the California Community College Athletic Association Championship game. Against American River, recorded five tackles (3 solo).
- In a 35-14 loss in the CCCAA Championship game, recorded six tackles (4 solo).
- Played his freshman and sophomore years at Armijo High School in Fairfield, Calif., where he earned one letter.
- Transferred to Vacaville (Calif.) High School and earned two football letters.
- During an illustrious high school career, played on both the offensive and defensive lines for the Bulldogs.
- As a junior in 2009, helped lead Vacaville to a Monticello Empire League championship while finishing the season with a 10-2 record.
- Recorded 27 tackles (23 solo) and one fumble recovery which he returned 26 yards for a touchdown in a 60-7 victory over Napa High School.
- As a key member of the offensive line, helped block for a pair of 1,000-yard rushers as the Bulldogs averaged 51.5 points per game.
- Was named All-Monticello Empire defensive tackle and voted by his coaching staff as best defensive lineman.
- As a senior, recorded 36 tackles and 2.5 sacks as the Bulldogs advanced to the California state playoffs for the second consecutive year.
- In a 69-0 victory over his former high school Armijo, intercepted a pass and returned it 27 yards for a score, helping the Bulldogs improve to 7-1 on the year.
- Lost to the eventual state champions Folsom High School during a downpour in the second round of the playoffs.
- Earned All-Monticello Empire and All-Vacaville honors for his performance on the offensive line and earned all-city defensive line recognition.
- Voted Lineman of the Year after his senior campaign.
- Played with Rams tight end Johnny Schupp at Vacaville High School.
- Head Football coach was Mike Papadopoulos.
- Also a two-year letterwinner in track and field.
Personal: Given name is LaRyan Dezanario King...Born May 20, 1993 in Berkeley, Calif. ...Parents are Tamara Edwards and Lionel King...has five siblings: two older brothers, two older sisters and one younger brother...majoring in economics at Colorado State...Hometown: Fairfield, Calif.
Blake a nominee for Allstate AFCA Good Works Team
When it comes to volunteering in the community, Colorado State senior cornerback Bernard Blake...
Higgins earns spot on Biletnikoff Award...
Colorado State sophomore wide receiver Rashard Higgins has earned preseason recognition from the ...
Aaron Davis earns preseason watch list...
Colorado State senior linebacker Aaron Davis was named Monday to the preseason watch list for the...
Sambrailo named to Rotary Lombardi Award Watch ...
Colorado State senior offensive tackle Ty Sambrailo continues to garner significant preseason...
Former Colorado A&M great Hughes to be...
Former Colorado A&M coach and athletic director Harry Hughes will be inducted into the Rocky...
Colorado State announces 2013-14 student-athlet...
Colorado State Athletics announced Friday the recipients of the department's annual awards for...
Football non-conference schedule for 2015...
With just 49 days remaining before the Colorado State football team begins its 2014 season, the...
Grayson completes day one at Manning Passing...
Thursday marked the first day of the 19th annual Manning Passing Academy, a four-day camp hosting...