Linebacker led team in tackles, tackles for loss in 2015
Bauta, Dawkins, Freismuth among top offensive performers
9 Rams recognized by conference
CSU scores 3 special teams touchdowns in victory
CSU intercepts 3 passes in come-from-behind road win
2012 Signing Class Highlights; 24 players
2016 CSU Green and Gold Spring Game - 4/23/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU football spring scrimmage
Colorado State closed the regular season with a 34-31 win at Fresno State - 11/28/15 (Photos by Don Reichert)
Colorado State became bowl eligible with a 28-21 victory at New Mexico on Nov. 21, 2015. Photos by Don Reichert.
CSU football vs. Air Force - Oct. 17, 2015 (Eliott Foust)
- All-National Football Foundation Colorado Chapter second team.
- Recovered a fumble in the end zone on the second play against Savannah State (9/5), helping CSU score less than a minute into the season... The fumble recovery marked his first career touchdown.
- Posted a team-best 11 tackles (4 solo) and 1.5 tackles for loss against Minnesota (9/12).
- Registered seven tackles (3 solo), including one sack in a win at UTSA (9/26).
- Recorded a career-best and team-high 13 tackles (six solo) vs. Boise State (10/10).
- Generated a career-best three tackles for loss against San Diego State (10/31).
- Tied a career high with two pass breakups vs. UNLV (11/14).
- Recorded his first career interception in the fourth quarter of win at New Mexico (11/21), helping CSU become bowl eligible for the third year in a row.
- Registered a team-best 12 tackles (5 solo), including a sack for an 11-yard loss, at Fresno State (11/28).
- Tallied his first career sack vs. Tulsa (10/4), a 10-yard loss midway through the fourth quarter forcing a punt.
- Recorded his first career start vs. Wyoming (10/25).
- Recorded a then-season-best three tackles vs. Tulsa (10/4) and at Air Force (11/28).
- Named a team captain for the regular-season finale at Air Force (11/28).
- Racked up a season-best five tackles in the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl vs. Utah (12/20), including one tackle for loss.
- CSU’s defense allowed just 25.1 points per game, the fewest points per contest by the Rams' defense since 2006 (21.9).
2012 (Freshman): Was used heavily on special teams while seeing the field on occasion on defense... His season finished early due to an injury, but still recorded 23 tackles and one pass breakup.
- Made his collegiate debut against Colorado (9/1) at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, just an hour and a half from his hometown in Fountain, Colo. ... Against the Buffaloes, received credit for a quarterback hurry when he flushed Jordan Webb out of the pocket before firing the ball over his receiver’s outstretched arms on third down.
- Recorded two tackles in the Rams’ home-opener against North Dakota State (9/8), and had another two on the road at San Jose State (9/15).
- Registered three solo stops in a loss to Utah State (9/22), and had another five on the road against Air Force (9/29).
- Had a then-career-high eight tackles at home against Fresno State (10/6) and had his first career pass breakup.
- Was injured on the opening kickoff in CSU’s home victory over Hawai’i (10/27).
- Is a 2012 graduate of Fountain-Fort Carson High School in Fountain, Colo., south of Colorado Springs.
- As a three-time first-team all-conference selection, finished his three-year varsity career with 381 tackles (three-consecutive 100-tackle campaigns), 15 sacks, six fumble recoveries, three interceptions and a blocked punt.
- Rated as the No. 9 overall player in Colorado by Rivals.
- Garnered first-team all-state honors in Colorado’s largest classification, 5A, and first-team Denver Post All-Colorado honors, an annual list of the state’s best players across all classifications.
- One of only 53 seniors on Parade’s All-America list, the first All-American produced by his school.
- Attended a Denver camp hosted by Football University and received Linebacker MVP honors by vote of more than 20 former NFL coaches and players.
- Led the Trojans to consecutive conference titles, three appearances in the state 5A playoffs and a 23-9 combined record over his three years as a starter.
- Named the Gazette’s Colorado Springs Class 5A/4A Player of the Year as a senior team captain in 2011.
- As a senior, led the Trojans to a C.S. Metro crown and the second round of the state playoffs with a school-record 165 tackles... Also had six sacks, four fumble recoveries, three forced fumbles and one touchdown on an interception.
- A four-year honor-roll student with a 3.86 grade-point average, earned first-team academic all-state accolades for a second consecutive season in 2011.
- Following his junior season, in which he had 103 tackles and seven sacks as a second-team all-state selection, attended the U.S. Army National Football Combine as one of the nation’s top 500 football underclassmen.
- Started as a sophomore in 2009, in addition to handling field-goal duties (his 10 extra points established a single-game school record).
- Was a first-team all-conference performer in 2009, posting 113 tackles with a pair of sacks, interceptions and fumble recoveries.
- Head football coach was Mitch Johnson.
- Also lettered two years as a hockey player, as a sophomore and junior... Voted team MVP both seasons on the ice.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
School-record 82 Rams earn MW Scholar-Athlete...
Sixty-nine Colorado State student-athletes earned a total of 82 Scholar-Athlete awards from the...
Colorado State and Learfield’s Rams...
Colorado State University and its athletics multimedia rights holder, Learfield's Rams Sports...
Zerblis named to Outland Trophy Watch List
The Football Writers Association of America named Colorado State right guard Fred Zerblis to its ...
Colorado State Athletics announces “Farew...
The Colorado State University Department of Athletics announced today a celebration of the final ...
2015 Ray Guy Award finalist Hunt named to...
One of two returning finalists for the 2015 Ray Guy Award, it’s no surprise that Colorado...
Bennett earns spot on Rimington Trophy watch list
Colorado State center Jake Bennett was named to the Rimington Trophy 2016 Fall Watch List on...
Campus Insiders to stream CSU football home...
The Mountain West Network on Campus Insiders announced Thursday its broadcast schedule for the...
ROOT SPORTS adds 3 CSU football games to...
ROOT SPORTS and the Mountain West announced Thursday its 2016 football broadcast schedule, which ...