Draft choices Richburg and Gillmore in their first NFL camps
Brown, Sharbono honored as top athletes of year
Bios: 2014 NFL Draft-Eligible Rams
Former Rams work out in front of all 32 NFL teams
Rams with three invitees for first time since 2001
On Wednesday, CSU hosted its annual Pro Day in front of 35 scouts representing all 32 NFL teams.
Colorado State takes on WSU in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl
Colorado State defeated Air Force 58-13 on Saturday, Nov. 30 (Photos by Dan Byers)
Colorado State at New Mexico Nov. 16, 2013
CSU Football vs. Nevada - photos by Don Reichert
- Bibbs broke the CSU single-season records for rushing yards (1,741) rushing touchdowns (31), total touchdowns (31) and points (186). Calvin Branch had held the latter three records since 1996, and in the New Mexico Bowl, with 169 yards, Bibbs topped Cecil Sapp's CSU single-season rushing record of 1,601 set in 2002.
- Bibbs broke the Rams'single-season sophomore rushing record after just this fifth start when he reached 1,439 yards after the New Mexico game (11/16) to top Kyle Bell(1,288 yards in 2005).
- In his first five college starts--the first of which came at Wyoming on Oct. 19--Bibbs averaged 202.0 rushing yards per game and 3.8 touchdowns (1,010 yards and 19 touchdowns) and the Rams went 4-1.
- In a two-game stretch vs. Nevada (11/9) and at New Mexico (11/16) Bibbs rushed for 603 yards and scored 10 touchdowns, easily the best two-game performance in CSU history.
- In just one season as a Ram Bibbs quickly rose to No. 2 on CSU's all-time list for career rushing touchdowns.
- Bibbs postedsix games with 100 or more rushing yards, including three with 200 or more yards (201, 291 and 312) and one with 300 or more (312).
- Bibbs scored three or more touchdowns a school-record eight times in 2013 to tie Barry Sanders' NCAA record from 1988, including a streak of five such games in a row through the New Mexico game (Nov. 16).
- Scored three or more touchdowns in five consecutive games, tying NCAA FBS record held by Paul Hewitt (San Diego State, 1987), Barry Sanders (Oklahoma State, 1988) and Montee Ball (Wisconsin, 2011).
- In his lone season of play Bibbs recorded the No. 1 (312) and No. 3 (291) single-game rushing performances in CSU history and the No. 2 and No. 3 rushing marks in Mountain West history.
- Bibbs' 6 rushing touchdowns at New Mexico (Nov. 16) gave him 25 for the season, breaking the CSU (21) and MW (24) single-season records for rushing touchdowns. That figure also broke the CSU total touchdown record for a season (21) and tied him for second in MW history for a season.
- Bibbs enrolled at Colorado State with three years of eligibility in January 2013, in time to take part in the team's offseason "Ram U" strength and conditioning program, and went through his first spring drills with the Rams in March and April of 2013.
- Rushed for two touchdowns in his first game as a Ram, vs. Colorado on Sept. 1.
- In a victory against UTEP on Sept. 28, Bibbs registered 147 rushing yards and three rushing touchdowns.
- In a 52-22 win over Wyoming on Oct. 19, Bibbs made his first career start and set then-career highs with 29 rushes for 201 yards (6.9) and three touchdowns. It was Bibbs' second-career 100-yard rushing game.
- In only his fourth career start, vs. Nevada Nov. 9, Bibbs set a school record rushing for 312 yards on 30 carries and rushed for four touchdowns, tying a school record. The previous single-game rushing record was set by Tony Alford in 1989. Alford rushed for 310 yards on 28 carries at Utah on Oct. 28, 1989. Bibbs' four touchdowns came on runs of 28, 59, 1 and 85 yards, in order.
- In that 38-17 win over Nevada (11/9) Bibbs set the school record for most consecutive games with at least three rushing TDs, after registering his fourth-consecutive game with three or more touchdowns, and extended the streak to five the next week at New Mexico (11/16) to tie the NCAA record.
- On Nov. 10, 2013 Bibbs was named the Walter Camp National Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against Nevada. He became the first CSU player ever to win the prestigious national award.
- Bibbs followed his record-setting Nevada performance with 291 rushing yards (No. 3 all-time at CSU) and a school-record 6 touchdowns in a 66-42 win at New Mexico on Nov. 16. After the previous week's program-best 312-yard rushing performance vs. Nevada, Bibbs claimed possession of the No. 1 and 3 spot on the single-game rushing list.
- 5 of Bibbs' 6 rushing touchdowns at New Mexico (11/16) came in the second half of a shootout with the Lobos in which the Rams could not extend their lead to more than 10 points between late in the first quarter and midway through the fourth quarter. He scored on runs of 11, 27, 1, 7, 26 and 18 yards, in order.
- Bibbs' six rushing touchdowns were the most in a single-game in CSU history and the most by an FBS rusher in 2013. Furthermore, the six rushing touchdowns tied for the most in Mountain West history. Nevada's Stefphon Jefferson scored six rushing touchdowns in 2012 vs. Hawai'i, and had seven total in that game.
- In regular season finale vs. Air Force Bibbs overcome a troublesome foot injury to rush for three more touchdowns to raise his season total to 28 and regain the national lead (surpassed by Navy QB Keenan Reynolds in the Dec. 14 Army-Navy Game). He rushed for 79 yards on 16 carries to surpass the 1,500-yard mark and move to 1,572 on the year, second all-time.
- Rushed for 169 yards and three touchdowns on 27 carries (6.3 ypc) in CSU's thrilling come-from-behind 48-45 victory in the New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 21 over Washington State...his second TD, on a 75-yard dash, pulled CSU to within 8 points (38-30) with 10:30 to play in the 3rd quarter...final score, with 33 seconds to play, was a 1-yard run to tie the game at 45.
- Announced on Dec. 29 his intention to declare for entry into the 2014 NFL Draft.
Junior College (2011-12):
- Bibbs came to CSU from Front Range Community College in Fort Collins, Colo., where he attended classes in Fall 2012 before enrolling at CSU in January 2013
- In 2011, attended Snow College in Ephraim, Utah, where he played in 11 games for the Badgers, rushing for 415 yards and six touchdowns on 74 carries (5.6)
- Top performance was against Mesa where he had 10 rushes for 133 yards and three touchdowns, including a game-winning 11-yard TD run in overtime to elevate then-No.4-ranked Snow to a 7-0 record
- Ran the ball six times for 99 yards and a score in a 48-38 win over No. 6 New Mexico Military Institute.
- In the nation's third-largest metro area, garnered Chicago Offensive Player of the Year honors from ESPNChicago.com and ChicagoNow.com after a storybook senior season for Plainfield North High School in the southern suburbs
- Two-time Southwest Prairie League MVP
- Combined as a junior and senior to rush for 61 touchdowns and 4,210 yards, averaging 8.6 yard per carry as the Tigers starter
- First-team all-state selection as a senior, averaging 8.8 yards per tote (300 attempts, 2,654 yards), with 38 rushing TDs and two passing TDs
- In 2010, played in just 10 contests for the Tigers, averaging 294.9 yards per contest
- Made national headlines with his performance in a 49-43 win over Oswego on Oct. 1, 2010, in which he established Illinois single-game records with 520 rushing yards and seven touchdowns; four of which were longer than 50 yards. This earned him Chicago Tribune/WGN-TV Player of the Month for October
- As an all-conference junior in 2009, ran for 1,556 yards on 187 carries in 10 games, with 23 touchdowns, as the Tigers finished 7-3 and advanced to the Illinois Class 7A State playoffs
- A two-year football letterwinner at Plainfield North, set 26 school records
- Also earned letters in bowling and track. Earned three letters in track, earning all-conference honors in the 100-meter dash and the 4x100 and 4x200. While on the Tigers bowling team, averaged a score of 204 and bowled three games of 300.
Personal: Given name Kapri Lashaw Bibbs...first name is pronounced "kuh-PREE"... born Jan. 10, 1993, in Colorado Springs, Colo. ...parents are Keith Bibbs and Stacey Griffin...has four brothers, one older and three younger, and three sisters, one older and two younger...majoring in ethnic studies at CSU...Hometown: Plainfield, Ill.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING ABOUT KAPRI BIBBS...
Head Coach Jim McElwain after 11/16 win at New Mexico:
"I just love how Kapri attacks every play like it has a history and life of its own. That is really what great players do. They don't care about what the score is and don't care about the situation. I thought his best run was the fourth-down run we had when he was hit in the backfield and stopped a little bit at the line of scrimmage, moved the ball forward and got us a first down. That was probably the biggest run that he had all day. He is playing pretty good."
Center Weston Richburg after 11/16 win at New Mexico:
"He's really impressive. He's able to make big plays out of maybe some small holes, able to read the defense, able to read our blocks big time. As an offensive line, that gives us supreme confidence that whatever look we get, he's going to be able to find a hole and make a big play, because I think he's a pretty special player."
Quarterback Garrett Grayson after 11/9 win vs. Nevada:
"There's times where he just makes things happen when there's nothing there. Just like that game against Wyoming there were a couple times where he ran into an o-lineman or ran into a defender and just bounced off them and made something happen. I have no problem turning around and handing him the ball every time if that's what we need to do to win a football game."
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Mike Bobo adds Terry Fair to complete coaching ...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo has announced the hiring of Terry Fair as the Rams' ...
Mike Bobo adds Rams' newest defensive line ...
Head football coach Mike Bobo announced the hiring of Colorado State's newest defensive line...
Mike Bobo adds Bryan Applewhite to staff
On Saturday morning Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced the addition of Bryan ...
Mike Bobo retains Alvis Whitted to inaugural staff
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced on Friday afternoon that he has retained...
Mike Bobo announces the addition of three to...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Friday that he has hired Ronnie Letson to ...
CSU's Grayson, Sambrailo invited to 2015...
Colorado State quarterback Garrett Grayson and offensive lineman Ty Sambrailo have been invited...
#NextLevelRams: Gillmore, Ravens head to playoffs
Colorado State is represented by four former Rams on current NFL rosters and two players, Shaquil...
Mike Bobo names Tyson Summers Colorado State...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Monday he has hired Tyson Summers to be...