Colorado State opened up Mountain West play with a 33-18 loss at Utah State - 10-3-15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
The rams fall 33-18 to open conference play against Utah State in Logan, Utah.
Colorado State hosted the Big Ten's Minnesota Golden Gophers on Sept. 12, falling in overtime, 23-10. Photos by Don Reichert.
Photos from Colorado State's third spring football practice from Don Reichert
Career Division I games played/started: 26/9 (11/7 in 2015...12/1 in 2014...3/1 in 2013)
2015 (Sophomore): Played in 11 games, earning seven starts... Made 15 tackles (4 solo), including one tackles for loss, and added a fumble recovery.
- Had season-high four tackles and a fumble recovery vs. Minnesota (9/12).
- Generated three tackles, as well as his first pass breakup of the season, vs. Boise State (10/10).
2014 (Freshman): Played in 12 games, making one start... Recorded 26 tackles (11 solo), including half a tackle for loss, one fumble recovery and one pass break-up.
- Registered a career-high six tackles at Nevada (10/11).
- Recorded three tackles and recovered a fumble, forced by Cory James, in the first half at San Jose State (11/1).
- Combined with senior linebacker Aaron Davis to tackle Hawai’i running back Joey Iosefa for his first career tackle for loss (11/8).
2013 (Redshirt): Compiled eight total tackles (3 solo) before suffering a season-ending foot injury... Was granted a medical hardship waiver.
- Made his collegiate debut at No. 1 Alabama (9/21), recording three tackles.
- First career start came against San José State (10/12)... Made one tackle.
- Rated a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Attended Clovis North High School in Fresno, Calif.
- Earned five letters as a Bronco; two in football and three in volleyball.
- Co-captain of the Broncos as a senior.
- Offensively, had 12 catches for 98 yards and four TDs but his presence was felt on the offensive line where he recorded 127 pancake blocks.
- Recorded 67 tackles, 27 tackles for loss, and 10 sacks for a Broncos defense that gave up just over 19 points per game.
- Runner-up in the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Division I state championship game, losing 28-7 to Long Beach Poly and finishing the year 12-2.
- Named Lineman of the Year as a senior at Clovis North.
- Named to the Fresno Bee All-Valley defensive team, and first-team all-league in 2012.
- In 2011, had a career-best 14 catches for 170 yards and four TDs. Was problematic foropposing defensive linemen as he registered 85 pancake blocks.
- Defensively had 43 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, and six sacks.
- Used his 6-foot-5 frame to bat down six passes in his career.
- Junior year, led the Broncos to a 10-3 record and a CIF Division II Valley Championship by defeating Garces 21-19. Garces scored with four minutes left in the game but a failed two-point conversion gave Clovis North the victory.
- Earned an honorable mention for his performance as a tight end in 2011.
- Head football coach was Cory Hall.
Personal: Born Dec. 28, 1994 in Prescott, Ariz. ... Hometown is Fresno, Calif. ... Parents are Steven and Kimberly Lovingood... Has one older sister and two younger sisters... Cousin, Justin Phinisee, played football at Oregon before being drafted in the seventh round of the 2006 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers... Majoring in sociology at CSU.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Bobo signs Anthony Giusti, adds depth at...
Head coach Mike Bobo added depth to the linebacker position on Wednesday, announcing the signing ...
CSU football to hold several summer camps
Head coach Mike Bobo and his coaching staff are hosting several football camps this summer for...
Nebraska transfer joins CSU football program
A Colorado prep star is returning to the Centennial State. Center Paul Thurston, a 2012 graduate ...
Colorado State's two-year run puts school in...
After a tremendous 2014-15 year in athletics, the Colorado State Rams continued their momentum...
Bennett named to Rimington Trophy Watch List
Colorado State center Jake Bennett was named to the Rimington Trophy 2016 Spring Watch List on...
Ladies Huddle returns May 31
The Colorado State football coaching staff will once again host its Ladies Huddle, an annual...
Bobo headlines 9th annual Colorado Coaches for ...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo will once again join the football coaches from...
New stadium construction video
Rams All Access takes you on a visual tour of the construction site in the second of a video...