Colorado State vs. San José State
Photos from Colorado State's third spring football practice from Don Reichert
Career Division I games played/started: 15/2(12/1 in 2014...3/1 in 2013)
2014 (Freshman): Has played in 12 games, making one starts, recording 26 tackles (11 solo), including half a tackle for loss, one fumble recovery, and one pass break-up.
- Registered a career-high six tackles at Nevada (Oct. 11)
- Recorded three tackles and recovered a fumble, forced by Cory James, in the first half at San Jose State (Nov. 1)
- Combined with senior linebacker Aaron Davis to tackle Hawai'i (Nov. 8) running back Joey Iosefa for his first career tackle for loss
2013 (Freshman): Compiled eight total tackles (3 solo) before suffering a season-ending foot injury...was granted a medical hardship waiver.
- Made his collegiate debut against No. 1 Alabama on Sept. 21, 2013, recording three tackles.
- First career start came against San José State (Oct. 12)...made one tackle.
- Rated a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Attended Clovis North High School in Fresno, Calif.
- Earned five letters as a Bronco; two in football and three in volleyball.
- Co-captain of the Broncos as a senior.
- Offensively, had 12 catches for 98 yards and four TDs but his presence was felt on the offensive line where he recorded 127 pancake blocks.
- Recorded 67 tackles, 27 tackles for loss, and 10 sacks for a Broncos defense that gave up just over 19 points per game.
- Runner-up in the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Division I state championship game, losing 28-7 to Long Beach Poly and finishing the year 12-2.
- Named Lineman of the Year as a senior at Clovis North.
- Named to the Fresno Bee All-Valley defensive team, and first-team all-league in 2012.
- In 2011, had a career-best 14 catches for 170 yards and four TDs. Was problematic foropposing defensive linemen as he registered 85 pancake blocks.
- Defensively had 43 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, and six sacks.
- Used his 6-foot-5 frame to bat down six passes in his career.
- Junior year, led the Broncos to a 10-3 record and a CIF Division II Valley Championship by defeating Garces 21-19. Garces scored with four minutes left in the game but a failed two-point conversion gave Clovis North the victory.
- Earned an honorable mention for his performance as a tight end in 2011.
- Head football coach was Cory Hall.
Personal: Given name is Joshua Kenneth Lovingood...born Dec. 28, 1994 in Prescott, Ariz. ...Parents are Steven and Kimberly Lovingood...cousin, Justin Phinisee, played football at Oregon before being drafted in the seventh round of the 2006 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers...has one older sister and two younger sisters...majoring in anthropology...Hometown: Fresno, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams' Sept. 26 game at UTSA to be televised...
Colorado State's Sept. 26 football game at the University of Texas at San Antonio will kick off...
11 Rams named to Phil Steele's 2015...
Phil Steele announced his 2015 Preseason All-Mountain West teams on Monday, and included were 11 ...
Single-game tickets for Rams football on sale...
Single-game tickets for Colorado State's seven home football games in 2015 will go on sale to the...
Single-game tickets for Rams football go on...
Single-game tickets for Colorado State's 2015 home football schedule will go on sale to the...
Remembering Lt. Col. John W. Mosley
He was to Colorado State University what Jackie Robinson was to Major League Baseball. On Friday ...
Amazing Grads: SteveO Michel
It's difficult to imagine a more unlikely college graduate than Steve Michel.
CSU AD presents stadium renderings to Board of ...
Joe Parker was formally introduced Thursday to the Board of Governors of the Colorado State...
Coach Bobo Football Camps to begin in June
Beginning in June, head coach Mike Bobo and his coaching staff will be hosting football camps in ...