Colorado State vs. San José State
Photos from Colorado State's third spring football practice from Don Reichert
Career Division I games played/started: 15/2(12/1 in 2014...3/1 in 2013)
2014 (Freshman): Played in 12 games, making one start...recorded 26 tackles (11 solo), including half a tackle for loss, one fumble recovery and one pass break-up.
- Registered a career-high six tackles at Nevada (Oct. 11)
- Recorded three tackles and recovered a fumble, forced by Cory James, in the first half at San Jose State (Nov. 1)
- Combined with senior linebacker Aaron Davis to tackle Hawai’i (Nov. 8) running back Joey Iosefa for his first career tackle for loss
2013 (Redshirt): Compiled eight total tackles (3 solo) before suffering a season-ending foot injury...was granted a medical hardship waiver.
Made his collegiate debut against No. 1 Alabama on Sept. 21, 2013, recording three tackles.
First career start came against San José State (Oct. 12)...made one tackle.
- Rated a two-star prospect by Scout.com and Rivals.com.
- Attended Clovis North High School in Fresno, Calif.
- Earned five letters as a Bronco; two in football and three in volleyball.
- Co-captain of the Broncos as a senior.
- Offensively, had 12 catches for 98 yards and four TDs but his presence was felt on the offensive line where he recorded 127 pancake blocks.
- Recorded 67 tackles, 27 tackles for loss, and 10 sacks for a Broncos defense that gave up just over 19 points per game.
- Runner-up in the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Division I state championship game, losing 28-7 to Long Beach Poly and finishing the year 12-2.
- Named Lineman of the Year as a senior at Clovis North.
- Named to the Fresno Bee All-Valley defensive team, and first-team all-league in 2012.
- In 2011, had a career-best 14 catches for 170 yards and four TDs. Was problematic foropposing defensive linemen as he registered 85 pancake blocks.
- Defensively had 43 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, and six sacks.
- Used his 6-foot-5 frame to bat down six passes in his career.
- Junior year, led the Broncos to a 10-3 record and a CIF Division II Valley Championship by defeating Garces 21-19. Garces scored with four minutes left in the game but a failed two-point conversion gave Clovis North the victory.
- Earned an honorable mention for his performance as a tight end in 2011.
- Head football coach was Cory Hall.Head football coach was Jeff Lareau.
Personal: Given name is Joshua Kenneth Lovingood...born Dec. 28, 1994 in Prescott, Ariz. ...Parents are Steven and Kimberly Lovingood...cousin, Justin Phinisee, played football at Oregon before being drafted in the seventh round of the 2006 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers...has one older sister and two younger sisters...majoring in anthropology...Hometown: Fresno, Calif.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Mike Bobo Coach's Radio Show to debut on...
The Coors Light Mike Bobo Coach’s Show will make its debut on Wednesday, Sept. 2 from 7-8 p...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Scrimmage 2
Last week’s scrimmage was dominated by the offense, but the defense turned the tide on...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 13
Colorado State held morning practice Friday, the first of two for the day, which is the final day...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 12
Nearly two weeks into training camp, head coach Mike Bobo said Wednesday that his team is on...
Higgins named to Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award...
Rashard Higgins added the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Watch List to his résumé on...
CSU Fall Camp Notebook: Day 11
One day after head coach Mike Bobo named Nick Stevens Colorado State’s starting quarterback...
Bobo names Nick Stevens as Rams' starting...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced on Monday that redshirt sophomore Nick...
Albertsons/Safeway announces title sponsorship ...
Albertsons/Safeway, in association with the Colorado State University and the University of...