McElwain notes improvement in Rams
Colorado State takes field for its second spring drills under Jim McElwain
New CSU coach lands 24
2012 Signing Class Highlights; 24 players
- Recorded a career-high four tackles in the season opener against Colorado (Sept. 2)
2014 (Sophomore): Played in all 13 games, primarily on special teams... Registered 10 tackles (four solo)... Recorded a career-high three tackles in a home win over Tulsa (10/4).
2013 (Freshman): Saw action in seven games, playing on several special teams units... Made his collegiate debut in a Border War victory at Wyoming (10/19).
2012 (Redshirt): Redshirted during his first collegiate season.
- Is a 2012 graduate of Vacaville High School, located halfway between Oakland and Sacramento.
- As a three-year letterman, played offensive tackle and defensive end for the Bulldogs.
- First-team All-California lineman in 2011.
- Named 2011 Offensive Lineman of the Year by his region (Fairfield Daily Republic) and league (Monticello Empire).
- A mauling run blocker, led an offense that produced four 1,000-yard rushers and 143 rushing touchdowns over his final two seasons (2010, 2011)… Vacaville combined for a 33-5 record during his three seasons at the varsity level, winning a Division II section title in 2011.
- As a senior in 2011, racked up 13 sacks and 69 tackles, as well as five fumble recoveries – one of which clinched a VHS win on its opponent’s final drive – during his first season starting on defense.
- As a junior in 2010, started at offensive tackle and helped the Bulldogs to a 10-2 mark and a berth in the second round of the state bracket.
- Finished his junior season with 21 tackles, one sack, two fumble recoveries and a forced fumble, despite not starting on defense until the playoffs.
- In 2009, his first season on varsity, served as a reserve lineman.
- Head football coach was Mike Papadopoulos, the California Division II Coach of the Year in 2011.
- Also earned four varsity letters in wrestling, placing fifth at state as a junior and being named an All-American… At the time of his signing, he was ranked as the No. 8 prep wrestler in the nation and No. 2 in California.
- Carried a 3.0 GPA through high school.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
CSU Rams Gameday: Football vs. Northern...
Colorado State looks to improve to 2-0 at home this season, renewing a series against Northern...
#TheGrind | Fighters
Follow the story of the Colorado State Rams Football Program as told by the players themselves. "...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: Northern Colorado
Brian Roth and Mark Driscoll of the CSU Rams Radio Network preview Saturday's Ag Day Orange Out...
#NextLevelRams: NFL Update Week 1
Colorado State is represented by eight former Rams on current NFL rosters, and one player,...
Game Notes: CSU football vs. Northern Colorado,...
CSU will host Northern Colorado Saturday for the first time since 2011. Saturday is also Ag Day...
Rams’ Sept. 24 game at Minnesota will...
Colorado State’s Sept. 24 football game at Minnesota will kick off at 11 a.m. CT (10 a.m....
Hunt earns weekly honor by Ray Guy Award
Colorado State All-America punter Hayden Hunt is this week’s Ray Guy Award Punter of the...
Recap: Defense shines as Rams top Roadrunners
FORT COLLINS, Colo.- The Colorado State Rams improved to 1-1 on the season Saturday afternoon...