McElwain notes improvement in Rams
Colorado State takes field for its second spring drills under Jim McElwain
New CSU coach lands 24
2012 Signing Class Highlights; 24 players
Colorado State (37) vs. Fresno State (0) on Nov. 5, 2016 (Photos by Don Reichert)
CSU football at UNLV - 10/22/16 [Don Reichert]
CSU Football at #15 Boise State - 10/15/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU Football vs. Utah State - 10/8/16 [Photos by Don Reichert]
CSU Football at Minnesota - 9/24/16 [Photos by Abbie Parr]
- Tackles: 4- Colorado, 2016
- Recorded a career-high four tackles in the season opener against Colorado (Sept. 2).
2014 (Sophomore): Played in all 13 games, primarily on special teams... Registered 10 tackles (four solo)... Recorded a career-high three tackles in a home win over Tulsa (10/4).
2013 (Freshman): Saw action in seven games, playing on several special teams units... Made his collegiate debut in a Border War victory at Wyoming (10/19).
2012 (Redshirt): Redshirted during his first collegiate season.
- Is a 2012 graduate of Vacaville High School, located halfway between Oakland and Sacramento.
- As a three-year letterman, played offensive tackle and defensive end for the Bulldogs.
- First-team All-California lineman in 2011.
- Named 2011 Offensive Lineman of the Year by his region (Fairfield Daily Republic) and league (Monticello Empire).
- A mauling run blocker, led an offense that produced four 1,000-yard rushers and 143 rushing touchdowns over his final two seasons (2010, 2011)… Vacaville combined for a 33-5 record during his three seasons at the varsity level, winning a Division II section title in 2011.
- As a senior in 2011, racked up 13 sacks and 69 tackles, as well as five fumble recoveries – one of which clinched a VHS win on its opponent’s final drive – during his first season starting on defense.
- As a junior in 2010, started at offensive tackle and helped the Bulldogs to a 10-2 mark and a berth in the second round of the state bracket.
- Finished his junior season with 21 tackles, one sack, two fumble recoveries and a forced fumble, despite not starting on defense until the playoffs.
- In 2009, his first season on varsity, served as a reserve lineman.
- Head football coach was Mike Papadopoulos, the California Division II Coach of the Year in 2011.
- Also earned four varsity letters in wrestling, placing fifth at state as a junior and being named an All-American… At the time of his signing, he was ranked as the No. 8 prep wrestler in the nation and No. 2 in California.
- Carried a 3.0 GPA through high school.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams close regular season in dominant fashion...
The Colorado State Rams turned in their most dominant all-around performance of the season in a...
Friend named Broyles Award nominee for 2nd year...
For the second consecutive season, Colorado State offensive coordinator Will Friend is a nominee ...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: San Diego State
Brian Roth and Mark Driscoll of the CSU Rams Radio Network break down last Saturday's #FarewellHu...
Game Notes: CSU football at San Diego State,...
Coming off of a bowl-clinching victory over New Mexico, the Rams travel to San Diego State to...
Recap: Rams honor Hughes with bowl-clinching...
In the 262nd and final game at Hughes Stadium, the Colorado State Rams beat the New Mexico...
CSU renames South Drive in honor of Harry Hughes
The name of the football coach who won the most games in Colorado State University history is...
Gameday: CSU football vs. New Mexico, Nov. 19
Seeking bowl eligibility, CSU will face New Mexico in the 262nd and final game ever to be played ...
All-Access with CSU Rams Radio: New Mexico
Colorado State hosts New Mexico Saturday evening in the 262nd and final game ever at Hughes...