CSU football vs. Minnesota - Sept. 12, 2015
CSU football vs. Savannah State - Sept. 5, 2015
Higgins earned 1st-team All-America honors
Gaines, Higgins, Zerblis headline first team
Higgins earns first team All-MW, All-America honors
Jim McElwain weekly press conference with Weston Richburg and Joe Kawulok
Nova Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Nevada - 12/29/15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
Colorado State closed the regular season with a 34-31 win at Fresno State - 11/28/15 (Photos by Don Reichert)
Colorado State became bowl eligible with a 28-21 victory at New Mexico on Nov. 21, 2015. Photos by Don Reichert.
Colorado State opened up Mountain West play with a 33-18 loss at Utah State - 10-3-15 [Photos by Don Reichert]
The rams fall 33-18 to open conference play against Utah State in Logan, Utah.
Career Division I games played/started: 45/26 (12/12 in 2015...13/13 in 2014...13/1 in 2013...7/0 in 2012)
2015 (Senior): Ranked first among CSU defensive linemen with 32 tackles (13 solo), including 4.5 sacks and 6.5 tackles for loss, as well as two pass breakups, a forced fumble and a blocked kick.
- Generated four tackles (3 solo), including one sack, and a forced fumble in the season-opening win over Savannah State (9/5)
- Recorded three tackles (1 solo), including one sack, and a blocked kick in a home win over UNLV (11/14)
2014 (Junior): Started in all 13 games registering 33 tackles (16 solo), including 5.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks, as well as four quarterback hurries. On special teams, blocked a PAT at Boise State (Sept. 6).
- Recorded three tackles and blocked a PAT during CSU’s first road game at Boise State (Sept. 6)
- Chosen to serve as a game captain for the home opener vs. UC Davis (Sept. 13), at Nevada (Oct. 11) and the regular-season finale at Air Force (Nov. 28)
- Five tackles at Boston College (Sept. 27), helping the Rams secure its best road victory over the season
- Registered a career-best 10 tackles, including 3.5 sacks, vs. Tulsa (Oct. 4)... the 3.5 sacks tie for the fourth-most in a single game by a CSU defender
- Leader on the defensive line that has helped limit opponents to 23.4 points per game, the fewest points per game surrendered by a CSU defense since 2006
2013 (Sophomore): Played in 13 of 14 games for Colorado State, with one start, and registered 17 tackles, including 3.5 sacks, with one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and a quarterback hurry.
- Recorded sacks at Tulsa (Sept. 7), vs. Nevada (Nov. 9), at Utah State (Nov. 23) and against Washington State in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 21)
- Registered his first collegiate start on the road at Utah State (Nov. 23)
- Had a career-high four tackles, all solo, on the road at Tulsa (Sept. 7)
- CSU’s defensive line played a large role in limiting opponents rushing attack to 140.6 yards per game, compared to 202.4 in 2012, a 31 percent difference
- Helped hold No. 1 Alabama (Sept. 21) to only 66 yards rushing, the lowest total by the Crimson Tide since Oct. 9, 2010
2012 (Freshman): Appeared in seven games making his collegiate debut at home against Utah State (Sept. 22). Did not register a tackle.
2011 (Redshirt): Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: A four-year letterman, played defensive line and tight end for Monarch High School, near Boulder, Colo. ...Rated the No. 64 overall prospect in the Midlands region by SuperPrep and the 10th-best player, regardless of position, in Colorado by the Denver Post...Guided his team to consecutive conference championships to close a stellar prep career...Earned first-team All-North Metro Conference honors on both sides of the ball as both a senior in 2010 and a junior in 2009, in addition to first-team all-state accolades as a senior defensive lineman...Also garnered first-team all-region honors as a senior defensive end...A team captain, also received the Coyotes’ Iron Man award for making the most plays on defense...Helped MHS to a 9-2 record in 2010, before an upset in the first-round of the state playoffs...Posted 11 sacks as a senior, in addition to three touchdown receptions on offense...As a junior in 2009, was a first-team all region and first-team all-conference tight end as his team advanced to the Colorado Class 4A state semifinals, where they lost their season’s only game (12-1)...As a junior, totaled 46 tackles, 16 stops for loss and seven sacks, and in a run-oriented offense, caught only four passes in 2009, but all four were touchdowns...Monarch finished 8-3 in 2008...Owned 4.74-second speed in the 40-yard dash...Head football coach was Phil Bravo...Also competed in track (throws) and played basketball for the Coyotes...Drew six scholarship offers before his senior season, from San Diego State, Utah, New Mexico, CSU, UNLV and SMU; also drew significant recruiting interest from Notre Dame, Kansas State, Colorado, Kansas, Wyoming, Arizona and Arizona State.
Personal: Given name Joseph Christian Kawulok...Last name is pronounced kuh-WALL-ik...Born Aug. 25, 1992, in Boulder, Colo. ...Son of Ted and Kim Kawulok...Has three older brothers and one younger sister...Father, Ted, played football at Northern Arizona in the late 1970s and serves as an assistant coach at Monarch High School...Is the fourth of four brothers to play Division I football, the third to do so at Colorado State...Older brothers Chris (tight end, 2004-08) and Michael (linebacker, 2007-11) preceded him in the CSU program, while another brother, Matt, played tight end at San Diego State...Is taller than all three of his older brothers...Younger sister, Lia, is a cheerleader at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa...Cousin, Ryan Kawulok, played soccer for the Portland Timbers...Majoring in sociology...Hometown: Boulder, Colo.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Strong sales for premium seating options in...
Demand for premium seating options inside Colorado State University's new on-campus stadium has...
Season review: CSU has winning season, goes...
The Colorado State football team posted its third consecutive winning season in 2015, going 7-6...
6 Rams will compete in all-star games this month
Several Colorado State football players are participating in postseason all-star games over the...
Marty English to be new Colorado State...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Friday that Marty English will be the Rams...
#NextLevelRams: Regular Season Recap
Colorado State was represented by nine former Rams affiliated with NFL teams at the conclusion of...
CSU launches seat, parking selection website
Colorado State University Athletics has partnered with Ballena Technologies, the industry leader ...
Football recap: Late touchdown lifts Nevada...
Colorado State amassed 532 total yards and Rashard Higgins became the school’s all-time...
Arizona Bowl Blog: Rams put final touches on...
Colorado State held its final tuneup Monday, holding a walk through and meeting with the media...