Four CSU players earn first-team All-MW honors
CSU vs. Tulsa
CSU vs. UC Davis
Rams travel to San Diego in search of first MW win of 2012
Jim McElwain weekly press conference with Weston Richburg and Joe Kawulok
CSU Football vs. Hawai'i - photos by Don Reichert
Colorado State at San Josè State - Nov. 1, 2014 (Dan Byers)
CSU Football vs. Wyoming - photos by Don Reichert
CSU football vs. Wyoming - Oct. 25, 2014 (Dan Byers)
Football versus the Utah State Aggies on October 18, 2014.
Career Division I games played/started: 32/13 (12/12 in 2014...13/1 in 2013...7/0 in 2012)
2014 (Junior): Has started all 12 games registering 30 tackles (14 solo), including 4.5 tackles and 3.5 sacks, as well as four quarterback hurries. On special teams, blocked a PAT at Boise State (Sept. 6).
- Recorded three tackles and blocked a PAT during CSU's first road game at Boise State (Sept. 6)
- Chosen to serve as a game captain for the home opener vs. UC Davis (Sept. 13), at Nevada (Oct. 11) and the regular-season finale at Air Force (Nov. 28)
- Five tackles at Boston College (Sept. 27), helping the Rams secure its best road victory over the season
- Registered a career-best 10 tackles, including 3.5 sacks, vs. Tulsa (Oct. 4)... the 3.5 sacks tie for the fourth-most in a single game by a CSU defender
- Leader on the defensive line that has helped limit opponents to 23.4 points per game, the fewest points per game surrendered by a CSU defense since 2006
- Recorded sacks at Tulsa (Sept. 7), vs. Nevada (Nov. 9), at Utah State (Nov. 23) and against Washington State in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 21)
- Registered his first collegiate start on the road at Utah State (Nov. 23)
- Had a career-high four tackles, all solo, on the road at Tulsa (Sept. 7)
- CSU's defensive line played a large role in limiting opponents rushing attack to 140.6 yards per game, compared to 202.4 in 2012, a 31 percent difference
- Helped hold No. 1 Alabama (Sept. 21) to only 66 yards rushing, the lowest total by the Crimson Tide since Oct. 9, 2010
2012 (Freshman): Appeared in seven games making his collegiate debut at home against Utah State (Sept. 22). Did not register a tackle.
2011: Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: A four-year letterman, played defensive line and tight end for Monarch High School, near Boulder, Colo. ...Rated the No. 64 overall prospect in the Midlands region by SuperPrep and the 10th-best player, regardless of position, in Colorado by the Denver Post...Guided his team to consecutive conference championships to close a stellar prep career...Earned first-team All-North Metro Conference honors on both sides of the ball as both a senior in 2010 and a junior in 2009, in addition to first-team all-state accolades as a senior defensive lineman...Also garnered first-team all-region honors as a senior defensive end...A team captain, also received the Coyotes' Iron Man award for making the most plays on defense...Helped MHS to a 9-2 record in 2010, before an upset in the first-round of the state playoffs...Posted 11 sacks as a senior, in addition to three touchdown receptions on offense...As a junior in 2009, was a first-team all region and first-team all-conference tight end as his team advanced to the Colorado Class 4A state semifinals, where they lost their season's only game (12-1)...As a junior, totaled 46 tackles, 16 stops for loss and seven sacks, and in a run-oriented offense, caught only four passes in 2009, but all four were touchdowns...Monarch finished 8-3 in 2008...Owned 4.74-second speed in the 40-yard dash...Head football coach was Phil Bravo...Also competed in track (throws) and played basketball for the Coyotes...Drew six scholarship offers before his senior season, from San Diego State, Utah, New Mexico, CSU, UNLV and SMU; also drew significant recruiting interest from Notre Dame, Kansas State, Colorado, Kansas, Wyoming, Arizona and Arizona State.
Personal: Given name Joseph Christian Kawulok...Last name is pronounced kuh-WALL-ik...Born Aug. 25, 1992, in Boulder, Colo. ...Son of Ted and Kim Kawulok...Has three older brothers and one younger sister...Father, Ted, played football at Northern Arizona in the late 1970s and serves as an assistant coach at Monarch High School...Is the fourth of four brothers to play Division I football, the third to do so at Colorado State...Older brothers Chris (tight end, 2004-08) and Michael (linebacker, 2007-11) preceded him in the CSU program, while another brother, Matt, played tight end at San Diego State...Is taller than all three of his older brothers...Younger sister, Lia, is a cheerleader at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa...Cousin, Ryan Kawulok, played soccer for the Portland Timbers...Majoring in sociology...Hometown: Boulder, Colo.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Rams' spring practice to begin March 10; Spring...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Wednesday that Rams will begin spring...
CSU football looks to carry momentum from 2014 ...
The Colorado State football program looks to carry its momentum built in 2014, a 10-win season,...
Passing of Gary Glick
Gary Glick, the No. 1 overall pick in the 1956 NFL draft passed away on Wednesday, Feb. 11 in his...
CSU's Cartwright granted extension of...
The NCAA announced on Monday afternoon that Colorado State tight end Kivon Cartwright has been...
Football adds Geoff Martzen as director of...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo announced Friday the hire of Geoff Martzen as the...
Bobo announces first signing class
First-year head coach Mike Bobo announced the addition of 13 new signees, his first signing class...
2015 National Signing Day
Wednesday is National Signing Day and Rams fans have numerous ways to follow along.
Football public signing day event set for Feb. ...
The Colorado State football program invites fans to join the excitement of next Wednesday's...