16 players compete in front of 20 scouts
Pensack-Rinehart leads CSU with 3.99 cumulative grade-point average
Casino Del Sol College All-Star Game gives players chance to showcase skills
Year-End Review for 2012
CSU vs. New Mexico
Colorado State vs. New Mexico; Nov. 24, 2012
UNLV vs Colorado State - AP Photo Gallery
Colorado State vs. Hawai'i - Oct. 27, 2012
CSU vs. Colorado
2011 Football Media Day - Aug. 10
Career Division I games played/started:28/22 (12/10 in 2012; 3/3 in 2011; 12/9 in 2010; 1/0 in 2009).
2012 (Senior):Played in all 12 games and started 10 at left tackle...helped produce two 500-plus yard rushers and an offense that rushed for more than 1,500 yards.
- Started at left tackle and helped the Rams rush for 125 yards in the team's season-opening win over in-state foe Colorado (Sept. 15).
- After two non-starts, returned to the starting lineup at left tackle vs. Utah State (9/22) and helped CSU rush for 107 yards, followed by a 129-yard rushing performance at Air Force (Sept. 29).
- Also against Air Force contributed to an offensive line that did not allow a sack.
- At San Diego State (Oct. 13), blocked for a rushing attack that rushed for 121 yards and provided a key block on a fourth quarter Tommey Morris TD.
- The CSU run game really got going at home against Hawai'i (Oct. 27), producing a 100-yard rusher in Chris Nwoke and as a team CSU ran for 176 yards and three scores.
- Helped block for the second consecutive 100-yard rusher against Wyoming (Nov. 3) as freshman Donnell Alexander ran for 114 yards.
- In his 20th career start against UNLV (Nov. 10), the streak of 100-yard rushers continued as Alexander rushed for a career-high 139 yards and two touchdowns.
- Against one of the top defenses in the Mountain West, opened holes for Nwoke to rush for 119 yards at Boise State (Nov. 17). Caprioglio opened up a huge hole to help Nwoke break into the secondary for a 72-yard touchdown run.
- Finished career with start vs. New Mexico, in which Alexander notched CSU's fifth consecutive individual 100-yard rushing game, going for 118 yards on 24 carries in a 24-20 Rams win...part of offensive line that allowed no sacks for the game.
2011 (Junior): Quietly one of the top players CSU's offense, had started the first three games at weakside tackle, essentially the Rams' blind-side protector, until sustaining a season-ending knee injury...Helped CSU rush for 242 yards in home-opening win over Northern Colorado (Sept. 10)...In Denver loss vs. Colorado (Sept. 17), sustained an ACL knee injury with three minutes left in the first quarter and did not return...Underwent season-ending surgery Oct. 6...Earned academic all-conference honors following the season.
2010 (Sophomore): Entered the season as a reserve tackle, but played in all 12 games with nine starts, the season's final nine games at strongside guard...In season-opening loss vs. Colorado (Sept. 4), made his 2010 debut, playing one series as a tackle in the second half...Also saw action at Nevada (Sept. 11), lining up as an extra tackle in the third quarter, and as a tackle late in the game...Also played at Miami-Ohio (Sept. 18), seeing brief second-quarter action at tackle before playing the balance of the contest at guard...In dramatic 36-34 win vs. Idaho (Sept. 25), made his first career start, beginning at guard, then shifting to tackle when Mark Starr (head) left the contest in the first half; also caught an accidental pass, a shovel toss from Pete Thomas on CSU's initial drive of the second half, even though he was flagged for an illegal touching (because the play was a third-and-34 and lost 2 yards, Idaho declined it and preserved the lineman's reception)...In loss vs. No. 5 TCU (Oct. 2), started for the first time as a tackle, replacing an injured Mark Starr (concussion)...Moved back to guard to start at No. 25 Air Force (Oct. 9), and also played tackle during the game; helped the Rams pile up more rushing yards (285) than the Falcons' nation-leading rushing offense (248), including Leonard Mason's career-high 139...In 43-10 win vs. UNLV (Oct. 16), helped Mason to 121 more on the ground, and 259 team rushing yards; started at guard but played tackle in the fourth quarter of Rebels contest...In 38-14 win vs. New Mexico (Oct. 30), helped lead the Rams to 328 rushing yards, their most since the 2008 New Mexico Bowl; also lined up in the backfield before shifting on several snaps later in the game.
2009 (Freshman): Played in one game, making his college debut as a fourth-quarter reserve in the loss at TCU (Oct. 17).
2008: Redshirted as a true freshman in his first season of college eligibility.
High School: After a stellar prep career at Highlands Ranch (Colo.) High School, was rated by Rivals.com as the state's No. 2 offensive lineman and fifth-best overall prospect in Colorado; also rated by the site as the 50th-best offensive tackle in the nation...First-team all-Continental League offensive lineman, and honorable mention all-state, as a senior...Voted team captain and top offensive lineman...Was second-team all-conference as a junior in 2006...Head Coach was Darrel Gorham...Lettered three seasons in football, and once each in rugby and track...Recruited by several schools, including Nebraska, Michigan State, Iowa State, Wyoming, Kansas and Kansas State.
Personal: Given name Joseph Robert Caprioglio...Last name is pronounced KAP-ree-OH-lee-oh...Born March 12, 1990, in Littleton, Colo. ...Parents are Rob and Ann Caprioglio...Has one older sister and one younger sister...Both parents are former Northern Colorado athletes; dad, Rob, played football, and mom, Ann, ran track...Spent an afternoon visiting with patients and their families serviced by Respite Care in February before the '10 season...For a month during the summer of 2010, interacted with low-income Linton Elementary students at a local clubhouse, in conjunction with the Larimer County Food Bank, Fort Collins Recreation and Vineyard church...Made a couple Saturday appearances at the Centre Avenue Health & Rehab Facility in Fort Collins, working social events with patients, in February 2011...Before the 2011 season, spent a day with developmentally disabled kids at Respite Care of Fort Collins...Majoring in business administration...Hometown: Highlands Ranch, Colo.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Green defeats Gold 38-34 in annual Green and...
The Rams took the field for the final time this spring in the annual Green and Gold Spring Game...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 14
The Rams completed their final spring practice on Friday afternoon, and Saturday's annual Green...
A great year to be a CSU Ram
The 2014-15 season has been a great year to be a CSU Ram. CSU's four revenue sports posted a 81.3...
Spring Game Saturday on as scheduled; Ram Town ...
Saturday's Green and Gold spring game will go on as scheduled at 11:30 a.m. at Sonny Lubick Field...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 13
Snowy weather on Thursday forced the Rams inside to the indoor practice facility for the 13th...
Rosters set for Saturday's Green and Gold...
Colorado State's annual Green and Gold Spring Game is just two days away, with the scrimmage set ...
Green and Gold Spring Game
Postgame quotes from QB Nick Stevens, WR Joe Hansley and RB Treyous Jarrells after annual Green...
Green and Gold Spring Game
Quotes from head coach Mike Bobo after Saturday's annual Green and Gold Spring Game