Myers, Roberts earn academic honor
37 NFL scouts representing all 32 teams in Fort Collins
Rams NFL hopefuls will work out for teams' scouts and front office personnel
Student-athletes span all 5 fall sports
Most Rams at NFL combine since 1999
Football USATSI Photos -- 12/20/14
CSU vs. Air Force football
CSU Football vs. New Mexico - photos by Don Reichert
CSU Football vs. Hawai'i - photos by Dan Byers
Colorado State at San Josè State - Nov. 1, 2014 (Don Reichert)
Career Division I games played/started: 39/0 (13/0 in 2014...14/0 in 2013...12/0 in 2012).
2014 (Senior): Voted honorable-mention All-Mountain West by vote of coaches and media... Played in all 13 games and converted 12-of-20 field-goal attempts (60%), in addition to a near-perfect 57-of-58 on point-after attempts...set the CSU and Mountain West record by converting 111 consecutive PATs... scored 270 points in his career, the third-most all-time by a CSU player... earned third consecutive Academic All-Mountain West honor in 2014... chosen to play in the College Gridiron Showcase all-star game in Arlington, Texas on Jan. 31, as well as the 2015 Quicken Loans All-Star Football Challenge... accepted invitation to participate in the NFL Scouting Combine in February 2015... named as member of the 2015 National Football Foundation Hampshire Honor Society, which recognizes players from all divisions of play who each maintained a cumulative 3.2 grade-point average or better throughout their college career, while being significant contributors to their team.
- Made a 52-yard field goal in the fourth quarter to help seal the season-opening victory over Colorado (Aug. 29)... earned Mountain West Special Teams Player of the Week honors
- Connected on field goals of 46 and 52 yards, as well as the game-winning 46-yarder as time expired, to defeat Utah State (Oct. 18)... earned his second Mountain West Special Teams Player of the Week honor of the season
- Nailed a 53-yard field goal against San Jose State (Nov. 1), the second-longest of his career and by a Mountain West kicker on the season
2013 (Junior): Lou Groza Award semifinalist who earned first-team All-Mountain West honors by vote of coaches and media...during the season became the school's most accurate career field goal kicker...his .882 career field goal percentage moved ahead of Jason Smith (.776), who held the record since 2008...Roberts tallied 121 points for the Rams, the most by a CSU kicker in a single season and tied for the third-most among FBS kickers, while connecting on 21-of-24 field goals, including a career-best 54-yarder vs. Air Force...the 21 made field goals tied for second-most in a single season at CSU...went a perfect 58-for-58 on PATs, the most made and attempted PATs in school history...has made at least two field goals in 7 of the 14 games...His 1.5 field goal per game average ranked second in conference and 19th nationally.
- Connected on a 52-yard field goal at New Mexico (Nov. 16), the 10th-longest field goal in program history and the first field goal of 50 or more yards by a CSU kicker since 2008...also converted all 9 PAT attempts to tie for second-most in a game in Mountain West history
- For the second time in three weeks, connected on a 50-plus yard field goal...vs. Air Force (Nov. 30) hit a career-long 54-yard field goal as time expired on the first half, the 6th-longest field goal in school history and the longest since C.W. Hurst's 54-yarder vs. New Mexico State on Oct. 2, 1999
- For one week was the NCAA active leader for consecutive made field goals, connecting on a school-record 14 in a row dating back to 2012
- In a 59-42 win over Nevada (Nov. 9) earned Mountain West Special Teams Player of the Week and was named one of three "Stars of the Week," a national weekly award presented by the Palm Beach County Sports Commission...connected on all three field goals (20, 23 and 46), tying a career high and was perfect on three PAT attempts
- Against Alabama (9/21) scored the Rams' only points with two field goals (45 yards, 31 yards)
- Was a perfect 58-for-58 on point-after attempts, setting a school record for PATs made and attempted in a single season...last CSU kicker to complete a season without missing a PAT was Jason Smith (31-31) in 2008
- Finished the season having connected on 63 consecutive PATs, the longest streak in the Mountain West
- Went 4-for-4 in the 2013 Gildan New Mexico Bowl vs. Washington State (Dec. 21), including hitting a game-winning 41-yard field goal as time expired to give the Rams a 48-45 victory
- Chosen to serve as a game captain vs. UTEP (Sept. 28) and at Utah State (Nov. 23)
2012 (Sophomore): Was put on scholarship Aug. 23, just nine days before the season opener...had a successful year connecting on 9-of-10 field goals and making 29-of-31 PATs...was named second-team All-Mountain West.
- In his first collegiate game vs. Colorado (Sept. 1), connected on all three of his field goal attempts including kicks of 49 and 47 yards
- The performance against the Buffaloes earned him Mountain West Special Teams Player of the Week
- In a home defeat to Utah State (Sept. 22), went 2-for-2, with a long of 31 yards
- Went on a four game stretch without attempting a field goal before hitting a 30-yarder on the road at Wyoming (Nov. 3)
- In a home victory against UNLV (Nov. 10), hit two field goals, including a 49-yarder which was the longest by a Ram kicker since Jason Smith hit a 52-yarder at Utah on Oct. 18, 2008
- His performance vs. UNLV notched him his second Mountain West Special Teams Player of the Week honor
- Was named a weekly team captain before hitting a perfect 6-for-6 PATs in a home victory over Hawai'i (Oct. 27)
- Finished the year by connecting on a 48-yard field goal against New Mexico (Nov. 24), to give the Rams a 17-7 advantage
- Led the Rams in scoring with 56 points
High School: Lettered four years in soccer and twice in football at J.K. Mullen High School...selected to Centennial League first team in 2009...named special teams MVP by his teammates and coaching staff senior year...helped Mullen win two Colorado 5A state championships...head coach was Dave Logan.
Personal: Given name is Jared Roberts...born June 28, 1992 in Arvada, Colo. ...parents are Brian and Kathy Roberts...Father, Brian, played hockey at Bemidji State University...has one older sister, Jenna...earned his bachelor's degree in business administration in May 2014 with a minor in media studies at Colorado State...Hometown: Littleton, Colo.
Download Schedules: Add to calendar
Grayson drafted by New Orleans Saints in third ...
Colorado State's Garrett Grayson became the first Rams quarterback to be selected in the NFL...
CSU's Sambrailo drafted in second round by...
Colorado State offensive tackle Ty Sambrailo was selected by the Denver Broncos in the second...
Two Rams earn NFF Hampshire Honor Society nods
Two 2014 graduates of the Colorado State football program - offensive lineman Mason Myers and...
Eight CSU football games to be televised...
The Mountain West on Tuesday released the remained of Colorado State's nationally televised games...
Mike Bobo among headliners for eighth annual...
Colorado State head football coach Mike Bobo will join coaches from around the state, and...
Green defeats Gold 38-34 in annual Green and...
The Rams took the field for the final time this spring in the annual Green and Gold Spring Game...
Spring Football Notebook: Practice 14
The Rams completed their final spring practice on Friday afternoon, and Saturday's annual Green...
A great year to be a CSU Ram
The 2014-15 season has been a great year to be a CSU Ram. CSU's four revenue sports posted a 81.3...